Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dua

Junior Member Array

Salam.

Moon could you please source your first dua for me, the one in regards to safr.

JazakAllah.

Most Original Member Array

Will try my best to do that for u.

But I really forgot I have to search coz u Know its a old thread.

Junior Member Array

Ok, no hurry though. JazakAllah Khair

Why u r looking for it any problem ?

Junior Member Array

JazakAllah Khair.

I do not mean to offend you, and please forgive me if I do, but when I saw the dua it reminded me of something I have studied ...

This time of the year was considered to be cursed as many catastrophes and calamities took place. However this belief has been proven to be false and totally without foundation .

This can also be confirmed by the following hadeeth.

Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) has said that, "I have heard the Prophet saying, the descending of illness and evil superstition
    befalling in the month of Safar is untrue." (Muslim)

Events Of SAfAR:-
    1) The Battle of Abwaa took place on 12th Safar in the year2 A.H.
    2) The Battle of Khaibar took place in the year 7 A.

Matrimonies in SAfAR:
    Hadhrat Ali (R A ) married Hadhrat Fatima (R.A.), (the daughter of the
    Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in the latter days of Safar 2 A.H.

Deaths in SAfAR:-
    Khubaib Ibn Adey(R.A.)was martyred in this month in the year
    4A.H. in the Holy city of Makkah.
    Zaid Ibn Dathina (RA) was martyred in this month in the year
    4A.H. in the Holy city of Makkah.

I did't get u.

What u r trying to say?

I like the Dua to read not necessary in Safar month only so I just post it...

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mooon
    This dua to be recited 10 times daily during this month of Safar to prevent misfortunes.

It is also recommended to give charity (sadqa) in this month
    You specified the month of safr ... hence why I questioned.
    To think the month of safr as a problematic month is contrary to the sunnah, that is why I mentioned it.

Wa Allahu Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa A'alam.

Member Array

Refuge from trials of life and death

The Messenger of Allaah (S.A.W.) said: “When one of you has finished the final tashahhud, let him seek refuge with Allaah from four things: from the torment of Hell, from the torment of the grave, from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the Dajjaal.Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1311; Muslim, 588.

Seek refuge from them before saying the salaam at the end of the prayer

Member Array

Protection from the torment of the grave
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever reads Tabaarak allaahi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2891; Abu Dawood, 1400; Ibn Maajah, 3786

Member Array

About Minor and Great Afflictions Upon the Believer (132)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Ummu Salamata said: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "There is not a slave afflicted with a calamity who then says: 'Innă lil-lăhi wa 'innă 'ilayhi răji`oona, 'allăhumma'jurnee fee museebatee, wa 'akhliflee khayran minhă (154) Except that Allah would grant him reward in his calamity, and would succeed it with good consequence for him. She said: So when Abu Salamata [her husband] died; I said like the Messenger of Allah had commanded me. So Allah caused him to be succeeded with one who was better than him for me: the Messenger of Allah.

Member Array

Hadith #244: Time of Distress (Grief, Concern, and Sadness)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (R.A.A): The Prophet (S.A.W) used to invoke Allah at the time of distress, saying,
    "La ilaha illallahu al-'Azim al-Halim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-'arsh il-'Azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati wa Rabbul-ardi wa Rabbul-'arshil Karim". [1][8:357-O.B] Sahih Al-Bukhari

Trans: [1] None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Majestic, the Most Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the heaven and the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the Honorable Throne.

Member Array

What to Say upon Confrontation of the Enemy and of People with Power (137)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Prophet was afraid of a certain people he would say 'Allăhumma 'innă naj`aluka fee nuhoorihim, wa na`outhu bika min shuroorihim (157)

O' my 'ilăh we put You to their chest-top [neck area], and we seek refuge in You from their evils.

Member Array

Master Dua of Forgiveness

Allaahumma anta Rabbee, laa ilaaha illaa anta, khalaqtanee, wa ana 'abduka, wa ana alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika masta' ta' tu, a'oothu bika min sharri ma sana'tu, aboo'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa aboo'u bithambe, faghfirlee fa'innahu laa yaghfiru-th-thunooba illaa anta - O Allaah, You are my Lord. None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Whoever says this when evening comes and the decree (i.e., death) comes to him before morning comes, will be among the people of Paradise, and whoever says it when morning comes, and the decree (i.e., death) comes to him before evening comes, will be among the people of Paradise.”

“Allaahumma Rabb al-Naas, adhhib al-ba’s wa’shfi, anta al-Shaafiy, laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka, shifaa’an laa yughaadiru saqaman

O Allaah, Lord of mankind, remove the evil and grant healing, for You are the Healer. There is no healing except Your healing, which does not leave any sickness

‘Laa ilaaha illa anta, subhaanaka, inni kuntu min al-zaalimeen’ No Muslim recites this du’aa’ concerning any matter but Allaah will answer him.”(Yoonus dua from whale’s belly)

“Whoever goes to bed at night and says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaahthen he says: Allaahumma ighfir li (O Allaah, forgive me), or hemakes du’aa’, his prayer will be answered, and if he does wudoo’ and prays, his prayer will be accepted.”

Whoever says: ‘I seek Allaah’s forgiveness, besides whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, I turn to Him in repentance.’ …Allaah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.

Whoever says: ‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent.’ a hundred times during the day …has the reward of freeing ten slaves, a hundred good deeds are recorded for him and a hundred bad deeds are wiped away and he has grained refuge from the devil that day until evening and none shall come with anything better except someone who has done more.’
    Last edited by Muslim; Nov-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Senior Member Array

Islamirama, from the 40 rabbana's Numbers 14 thru 18 are missing. If you can please post those, i wanted to make copies and distribute to our womens halaqa next month.
    Thanks

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shadiya
    Islamirama, from the 40 rabbana's Numbers 14 thru 18 are missing. If you can please post those, i wanted to make copies and distribute to our womens halaqa next month.
    Thanks
    are you sure? i can see all 40 of them in post #6, also a good dua to share is post #15, 25 duas from Quran.

inshallah let me know if you can still not seet those duas?

Administrator Array

I could use dua'ahs right about now.
    Patience & Understanding is the key to happiness. Is it not time to remember & trust in Allah?
    Mother of Light Islamic Info / Stories of the Prophets
    / My Recipes & Talk Blog / My Rant Talk / My Kids Adv / My Own Free Mind
    ask for my FB and Twitter

/ Body by vi 90 day Challenge / 90 day Challenge
    / Donate to Families in Need

Yes, I know a lot, links yet 4 networking , A little word of mouth, can go a long way everywhere.
    F/T mom of 2 boys, & a girl->

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by UmmIby
    I could use dua'ahs right about now.
    may Allah make your affairs easy for you, bless you with sabr and strength.

any special duas sis?

did any one know dua Nad-e-ali
    Sageer & Kabeer both.

Member Array

Dua with great benefits

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says: "La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shai'in qadir," one hundred times will get the same reward as given for

1. manumitting ten slaves;
    2. and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts,
    3. and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts,
    4. and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night,
    5. and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he."
    Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 412