Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Story Time

islamirama.wordpress.com Array

Default Story Time

Story of a Wrestler

Junaid Baghdadi earned his livelihood as a professional wrestler. As was the norm, the Leader of Baghdad announced one day, "Today, Junaid Baghdadi will demonstrate his skills as a wrestler, is there anyone to challenge him." An elderly man shakily stood up with his neck quivering and said, "I will enter the contest with him."

Whoever was witness to this scene could not contain themselves, they burst out howling with laughter, clapping their hands. The King was bound by the law. He could not stop someone who of his own free will entered the bout. The elderly man was given the permission to enter the ring. He was about sixty-five years old. When Junaid Baghdadi entered the ring, he was dumbfounded as was the King and all the spectators of the Kingdom who were present. The single thought that occupied their minds was, "How will this old man be able to fight?"

The old man addressed Junaid with these words, "Lend me your ears." He then whispered, "I know it is not possible for me to win this bout against you, but I am a Sayyid, a descendant of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). My children are starving at home. Are you prepared to sacrifice your name, your honour and position for the love of Allah's Prophet and lose this bout to me? If you do this I will be able to collect the prize money and thereby have the means to feed my children and myself for an entire year. I will be able to settle all my debts and above all, the master of both the worlds will be pleased with you. Are you, Oh Junaid, not willing to sacrifice your honour for the sake of the children of Rasulullah (peace be upon him)?"

Junaid Baghdadi thought to himself, "Today, I have an excellent opportunity."

In a display of fervour Junaid Baghdadi executed a couple of maneuvers, demonstrating his finesse so that the King does not suspect any conspiracy. Junaid with a great display of antics did not use his strength and allowed himself to be dropped. The elderly man mounted his chest thus entitling him to the prize.

That night, Junaid Baghdadi had a dream of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who said, "Oh Junaid, you have sacrificed your honour, your nationally acclaimed fame, your name and position which was heralded throughout Baghdad in the expression of your love for my children who were starving. As of today, your name is recorded in the register of the Auliya (friends of Allah)."

Thereafter, this great wrestler learnt to defeat his nafs (desires) and became one of the most eminent Auliya of his time!

Source: From the book "Tajalliat-e-Jazb" by Shaikh Hakim Muhammad Akhtar.

Mohammad (SAW) bringing fortune to Haleema and her tribe

Traditions delightfully relate how Haleemah and the whole of her household were favoured by successive strokes of good fortune while the baby Muhammad (Peace be upon him) lived under her care. Ibn Ishaq states that Haleemah narrated that she along with her husband and a suckling babe, set out from her village in the company of some women of her clan in quest of children to suckle. She said:

It was a year of drought and famine and we had nothing to eat. I rode on a brown she-ass. We also had with us an old she-camel. By Allâh we could not get even a drop of milk. We could not have a wink of sleep during the night for the child kept crying on account of hunger. There was not enough milk in my breast and even the she-camel had nothing to feed him. We used to constantly pray for rain and immediate relief. At length we reached Makkah looking for children to suckle. Not even a single woman amongst us accepted the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) offered to her. As soon as they were told that he was an orphan, they refused him. We had fixed our eyes on the reward that we would get from the child’s father. An orphan! What are his grandfather and mother likely to do? So we spurned him because of that. Every woman who came with me got a suckling and when we were about to depart, I said to my husband: “By Allâh, I do not like to go back along with the other women without any baby. I should go to that orphan and I must take him.” He said, “There is no harm in doing so and perhaps Allâh might bless us through him.” So I went and took him because there was simply no other alternative left for me but to take him. When I lifted him in my arms and returned to my place I put him on my breast and to my great surprise, I found enough milk in it. He drank to his heart’s content, and so did his foster brother and then both of them went to sleep although my baby had not been able to sleep the previous night. My husband then went to the she-camel to milk it and, to his astonishment, he found plenty of milk in it. He milked it and we drank to our fill, and enjoyed a sound sleep during the night. The next morning, my husband said: “By Allâh Haleemah, you must understand that you have been able to get a blessed child.” And I replied: “By the grace of Allâh, I hope so.”

The tradition is explicit on the point that Haleemah’s return journey and her subsequent life, as long as the Prophet (Peace be upon him)stayed with her, was encircled with a halo of good fortune. The donkey that she rode when she came to Makkah was lean and almost foundered; it recovered speed much to the amazement of Haleemah’s fellow travellers. By the time they reached the encampments in the country of the clan of Sa‘d, they found the scales of fortune turned in their favour. The barren land sprouted forth luxuriant grass and beasts came back to them satisfied and full of milk. Muhammad (Peace be upon him) stayed with Haleemah for two years until he was weaned as Haleemah said:

We then took him back to his mother requesting her earnestly to have him stay with us and benefit by the good fortune and blessings he had brought us. We persisted in our request which we substantiated by our anxiety over the child catching a certain infection peculiar to Makkah. At last, we were granted our wish and the Prophet (Peace be upon him) stayed with us until he was four or five years of age.

On the way to the masjid

A man woke up early in order to pray the Fajr prayer in the masjid. He got dressed, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid. On his way to the masjid, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got up, brushed himself off, and headed home. At home, he changed his clothes, made his ablution, and was, again, on his way to the masjid. On his way to the masjid, he fell again and at the same spot! He, again, got up, brushed himself off and headed home. At home he, once again, changed his clothes, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid. On his way to the masjid, He met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man of his identity and the man replied "I saw you fall twice on your way to the masjid, so I brought a lamp so I can light your way.

“The first man thanked him profusively and the two where on their way to the masjid.

Once at the masjid, the first man asked the man with the lamp to come in and pray Fajr with him. The second man refused. The first man asked him a couple more times and, Again, the answer was the same. The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in and pray. The man replied, "I am Satan. "The man was shocked at this reply. Satan went on to explain, "I saw you on your way to the masjid and it was I who made you fall. When you went home, cleaned yourself and went back on your way to the masjid, Allah forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second time, and even that did not encourage you to stay home, but rather, you went back on your way to the masjid. Because of that, Allah forgave all the sins of the people of your household. I was afraid if I made you fall one more time, then Allah will forgive the sins of the people of your village, so I made sure that you reached the masjid safely."

So do not let Satan benefit from his actions. Do not put off a good that you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good.

Mother of the Martyrs – A Tearful Story
    (A true story told by an Iraqi mother about the second war in Falujjah)

Translated by: Umm Hazbar Al-Mouwahidah

May Allah have mercy on your sons oh mother.

Umm Ash-Shuhadaa and memories of Falujjah........

Finally, the group "*****" stumbled upon the Hajja “Z.M” also known as Mother of the Martyrs who has become well-known for what she did in the Second War of Falujjah.

After a long two month search for her, there was no one left whom we didn’t ask about Umm Ash-Shuhada’, and who’s replies were either that she disappeared, or she had died, or that she had traveled to a village close to Falujjah to see her daughter.

Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’, 62 years old and mother of three sons - Ahmed, Muheeb and Umar – all of whom were martyred in the Second War of Falujjah.

She lives by herself in a small house in Falujjah and spends her time sweating away - despite her age – making brooms to sell to the locals and making only enough to keep her going. She refused all help offered to her by the merchants and rich of Falujjah. She is known in Falujjah to be of those whom their dua is accepted and because of this you find daily people coming to her to ask her to make dua for them. Mostly of them are women who are about to give birth, or those intending to travel, or those sick and even some men of the insurgency. They come to her before every operation, asking her to make dua that Allah guides their shots and protects them.

We entered her small home and she was mending some brooms in the garden, surrounded from all sides by green palm tree branches and five chickens, which she was raising in the courtyard of her small house.

So we entered the house:

“Assalamu Alaikum, Oh Aunt!”

“Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullaahi Wabarakatuh. Greetings my sons. Come in please.”

Entering the house, we sat down on layered out wool. After seeing the camera and notepad we were carrying with us she put aside what she had in her hands and said: “You are welcome my son, any favour”

“We are from “*****” Oh Aunt, and we want you to recount to us your story in Falujjah during its second battle, if you don’t mind”

Here Umm Ash-Shuhada’ began with astonishment and said: ““******” Where did this come from? I have never heard about it on television”
    “Oh Mother, this is an Islamic news site on the internet that concerns itself with the affairs of the Muslims in Iraq and other Muslim countries”

Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ laughs and says “By Allah my son, I have no idea what you are talking about, however you are welcome to ask and I will answer you Insha Allah”

“We want you to talk about Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ in the second battle of Falujjah”

Here the correspondent moved the lens of the camera spontaneously, however he wasn’t intending on taping Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’.

So she said “By Allah my son, I don’t like this camera because it is haraam and I am your mother, a covered woman. No matter how old I am, I stay a woman and I am not permitted what Allah has made forbidden for women”

“As for my story, there are tens of women like me in this city, except I am the most stricken for I have lost my three sons, I consider them to be martyrs for Allah’s sake.”

Here Al Hajja Zakia Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ begins to narrate her story:

“I am an old Falujjan woman who believes that Allah is the Truth, so Allah tested her and He still is… and I hope from Him that He accepts my going through this test for I am exhausted, by Allah.

My husband died ten years ago – and what an excellent husband may Allah have mercy on him – and Allah blessed me with three sons and a daughter. They are, Ahmad, Muheeb, Umar and Khulood. The eldest was Ahmad who was thirty-five years old then Khulood, Muheeb and the youngest was Umar. My husband and I devoted ourselves to raising them, caring for them and watching over them. Their father – may Allah house him in Paradise – would teach them and direct them until they grew up and became college graduates. They kept close to the mosques from the time they were young until they died, and they joined the groups of mujahideen in Falujjah after the occupation.

This is on my family, as for Falujjah and its beginnings then it is a long story. I will shorten the talk because I am fasting and I also have a lot of work to do in the house, and there are people who have paid me money to repair their brooms.

Before the Second Battle of Falujjah by a week, I was sitting with my sons -Ahmad, Muheeb and Umar may Allah have mercy on them – in our old house in Ash-Shuhadaa’ District. It was afternoon and we were drinking tea together. They were trying to persuade me to go to their sister’s house in a village out of Falujjah as they were worried about my safety because of the upcoming battle. The Americans, Shia’s and Kurds were gathering like insects around the four gates of Falujjah.

As for me I refused this and they – may Allah have mercy on them – begged me to leave, especially Umar, the youngest of my sons and he was saying to me: “Oh my mother, leave Falujjah and leave us to fight while our hearts are at rest for your sake. Leave, or I will bring a pickup, put you in it and take you by force” He was teasing me may Allah have mercy on Him. He was very merry and all his friends would love him for his light bloodedness. He would even call me Hajji and not Hajjiya for he would say: “Your courage is that of men not of women”

With all their persistence I refused their offer and said: “I will stay and cook for you and your group, and tend to your injuries. I will not leave Falujjah as long as you are in it. By Allah, I cannot leave my heart in Falujjah and go away”

Seeing me determined, they left me alone – may Allah have mercy on them – and our final decision was that we would stay in Falujjah until the end of the battle, either victory or martyrdom. Alhamdulillah my sons achieved martyrdom.

Ahmad, Muheeb and Umar each were in different groups and they were discussing between themselves a plan to stay in contact during the battle. I was listening to their conversation with sadness as I remembered them when they were young, how their father would hold them and play with them, how they grew, how they went through school and how they ended up with beards and moustaches. Until I even remembered each one of them how he planned his first plan in his life. I also remember my happiness the day they first walked, and when their first teeth came and I would put my finger for them to chew on and I would laugh at them. Also their first day in school and they would be with their small schoolbags.

I was crying in secret lest they would be hesitant as I was sure they would die in that battle. “Tell me, if you thought all of your children were going to die what would you do?” Nevertheless I was making dua to Allah that He would take my soul too so that I would not taste the grief and sorrow over them.

Here Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ cries a bitter cry without sound and to be honest we all cried with her.

Suddenly she got up and said: “Excuse me, I will go and see the lentil soup, I fear that it is burning.”

Only, she did not go to the kitchen, for we heard her crying in a room with its window facing the garden. Cries - different from the cries of stricken women – of prayer came from this old woman for she said: “Oh Lord of the Kings and Ministers of whom the people come to them and they don’t reject them nor do they refuse them their requests even if they were sentenced to death. So with all the more reason oh Lord and You are King of the Kings I stand here at Your Door asking You to take my soul for I yearn for my sons and husband and no one will make me stay in this life. Oh my Lord don’t reject me, a poor widowed woman whose sons are all dead. Oh my Lord You are Capable so don’t let me down.”

Minutes later Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ returned, her eyes red from crying. She was leaning on a walking stick that she didn’t have when we first saw her and it was as though her body caved in from the crying and weakness. Pleasantly she said: “The gas when we use it for the stove it finishes in one day. I am sure they cheat us with the gas and sell it to us for a high price. May Allah forgive them” and the poor woman didn’t know that we had heard her cries and dua.

So she continued her tale: “On 7/11/2004 the bombing intensified and there were attempts to penetrate Falujjah from the north and they would hurl lighted bombs. It was eleven o’clock night and I was alone at home and I started to recite what I had memorized of the Quran until I finished all the small Surahs I had memorized. Then I began to pray to Allah, first for victory and second that He protect my sons. I did not sleep that night, until the time for Fajr salat I felt Umar standing over my head while I was in Sajdah. He said to me: “Oh Mother, I see you are not sleeping. We are fine and I was with Muheeb and Ahmad, they are fine and they want you to make enough food and tea for fourteen mujahideen. What do you think, don’t you want the reward?”

By Allah I was so happy with our guests so I hurried to the kitchen and prepared enough food for thirty men, tea and hot bread I prepared quickly.

I went out with him in a hurry to the door and helped him take the food to the car. He said to me: “Oh Mother, today lunch is upon you. My brother Muheeb volunteered lunch to the Arab mujahideen.”

I prayed Fajr and made dua to Allah that He protects them all. Meanwhile Falujjah was still being the target of the hits from the American planes and shelling. With every hit, the house would lift above my head as though it was going to fall. I would turn to Allah with dua and Quran and in fact I did prepare the lunch for them. Muheeb came and kissed my hand as he usually did. He requested from me that if any of his brothers came that they should meet with him, the matter was important. I asked him about the matter and he replied “that it was something simple that you needn’t bother your head with.”
    He left and I looked after him until he disappeared from my sight. He may Allah have mercy on him was tall and heavily built.

The next day – and I had baked more than two hundred loaves of bread until I tired out my hands from kneading the dough and I had also prepared two huge pots of rice and stew – they came all three of them and stayed with me until one o’clock. I kissed them and smelt them as though they were young again and I kept looking at them closely as though I knew that I wasn’t going to see them after that day. By Allah I will never forget my kisses on them as long as I live. Their father died and there was no one for me in this world except them. By Allah I knew each one from his nice odor. After an hour they went out together and took with them the food and they kissed my head and hand and said to me: “Oh Mother, make dua for us for the sake of Allah”

So I said to them: “Why do you oath by Allah that I make dua for you night and day”

They said to me: “Not for us but for the whole of Falujjah”

They left and I never saw them again.

Falujjah went through many nights of intense fighting that would make one insane. I would hear nothing but the cries of “Allahu Akbar”, the dua from the mosques, the strikes of the mujahideen and the shelling of the occupation. Daily I would sit on the doorstep of the house hour after hour looking at the street hoping for the arrival of my sons. I would ask anybody coming my way and trot over to them: “Hey, oh one of Ghayrah (sense of honor), did you not see Ahmad, did you not see Muheeb, and did you not see Umar my son?”

Here Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ cries again

“Some of them would say to me that they didn’t know them and some would say that they didn’t see, them except one.

He told me “Oh Mother, Ahmad and Umar are in Al-Jumhooriyah district and Muheeb is in An-Nizaal district and they are fine.”

He hurried off so I ran after him and I tripped and fell over. My nose was smeared in blood as I begged him to stop and talk to me. He stopped again and said to me: “My Mother, I told you that they are fine and there is nothing wrong with them Alhamdulillah, but don’t make me late. I have very important work to do. If I see them again I will give them your salam”

He gave me his Ghutrah and said: “Wipe away your blood oh Mother” then he left.

I continued in this condition until 12/12; however I decided after this that I would strengthen my heart, trust in Allah and do something for the mujahideen. So I began to cook food and distribute water among the arab mujahideen. I also made bandages from the curtains of the house, pieces of material around the house and covers of pillows. Then I would tend to the mujahideen who were injured in the battle. And Alhamdulillah all those whom I tended to returned to fight and they were more than twenty.

Before I come to the day of 12/12, on 12/9 – and the dates, I am sure of, as I was counting the days since I separated from my sons – this day the jews scattered chemicals heavily all over Falujjah, especially in the center. Many people were martyred and these chemicals also burnt trees and animals. This helped the occupation advance into the center of Falujjah in a few hours as tens of mujahideen were martyred. Then a rumor spread among the mujahideen from an unknown source which still now is unknown, except that I am sure it was from an agent.

The rumor was that Umar Hadid and Abdullah Al-Janaabi died in the chemical attack. Panic spread in Falujjah among the groups, only Allah knows. I would hear about this from the injured that I was tending.

However Umar Hadid and Abdullah Al-Janaabi dispelled these rumors when they came up among the mujahideen that day. This event increased the morale of the mujahideen and gave the occupation huge losses, only Allah knows.

Intensive fighting continued back and forth between the mujahideen and the occupation and I would hear that there were tens of martyrs among the mujahideen. I would ask Allah to delight my eyes one day with the sight of my three sons.

Then, at 11 o’clock night on 12/12/2004, which was a Sunday, there occurred a fierce battle between the mujahideen and the Americans who were trying to take hold of Ash-Shuhadaa’ district, advancing from outside of Falujjah not from inside.

The fighting was close to my house and I would look up to the sky and see it lit up with fire, a sight I will never ever forget. Many martyrs fell during this battle and I would hear their groaning close to my house. It went on like this for about four hours, from 11 o’clock until 3 o’clock, or a little less. During this time the American attack on the district failed. I went out to the door of the house and I heard a groan coming from an injured Mujahid. He was remembering Allah and he did not quit from Laa Illaha Illaa Allah Muhammad Rasoolulullah.

I hurried over to him and he was still alive so I dragged him with all my strength into the house. He was injured on his chest and face. I hurriedly got some water and washed his face and bandaged his wounds so that they would stop bleeding. He was crying and I thought that he was crying because of the severity of his pain. Every time he looked at me he would cry, so I said to him: “Trust in Allah oh man. Your injuries are simple and, if Allah wills, curable and the fact that you are fine is what is important. Dawn is close and your faction will be here soon and they will take you and tend to you. However let me go and see if your faction has any life in it or not”.

He began to cry more severely this time and it was as though he didn’t want me to go, so I thought that maybe he felt that his death was close and that he didn’t want to die alone. I convinced him that his companions were in need of help and that I would go and come back quickly.

I went out to the street – after hitching up my abaya and fastening it around my waist - and decided that I would start with the injured. In fact I did find a second injured one, he was an Arab. So I dragged him into the house and began to do what needed to be done with him. However I was astonished when he addressed me with the words “Oh Aunt Umm Muheeb” as though he knew me and also because the people usually call me Umm Ahmad. So I guessed that he was a friend of my son and knew our house. He was injured below his navel – may Allah have mercy on him – and his intestines were hanging out the front. He told me that all he wanted was some mud from the garden, some salt and a bandage. I gave him what he wanted and then I went back out into the street.

There I found two bodies, two houses away from mine. I dragged the first with all my strength to the house and put it in the garden. Then I fetched the spade intending to dig a grave for him. And indeed I dug a three hand span deep, two meter long grave then I buried him in it. I intended to leave him under the protection of the ground until his family or companions come to move his body to bury it more appropriately according to Sharia.

After I buried the first I was very exhausted for I was too old to be dragging two injured people and one dead body tens of meters. However I put my trust in Allah and told myself, perhaps Allah will protect my sons from death, in return for what I have done.

I went out to the street again and found another martyr who was heavily built and tall. I began to slowly drag him from his feet and after some minutes I brought him to the garden of my house. There I started to suspect that I knew this martyr – and his shirt was torn on the back – also his odor was familiar to me. It was night and so dark, I couldn’t even see the palm of my hand so I ran over to the house and got a lantern, despite the dangers of any light emitting from the house. This was because the planes could bomb at any minute.

When I fetched the lantern and got closer to the face of the martyr – which was covered in blood and sand – I froze in my place thunder stricken, speechless! For this martyr was none other than Muheeb my middle son!”

Here Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ cuts her story and bursts out crying. She says: “By Allah oh Muheeb you broke my back, you and your brothers left me and went away” then she says “Inna Lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji’oon. I had planned on not crying over them and this is the third time I have cried over them today”

Then the stricken woman continues her story: “I lifted his head and brought it to my chest; I cried over him and talked to him for about half an hour as though he was alive. I reminded him of his good talk with me and of when he was young and he used to sleep on my lap. I stroked his beautiful soft hair as I used to always do. I said to him: “Oh Muheeb I am your mother…sleep oh delight of my eyes, sleep and rest from this world. You have won!” By Allah I did not want to let him go from my lap. I buried him under the olive tree that he used to love and study under when he was young – and I made the hole deep, for I decided that his grave would be in his house.

In the morning a group of mujahideen arrived and I was still at Muheeb’s grave, guarding my martyred son as if someone was going to take him from me. I cried over him from the night until the morning and I heard their voices in the street so I went out to them. They knew me and I knew them as they were Ahmad and Umar’s companions from the organization.

I asked them: “Tell me, where are my sons Ahmad and Umar?

They bowed their heads down and said: “Oh Aunt, consider them with Allah. Ahmad and Umar died last night in An-Nizaal district and we buried them in the yard of the home of Hajji Khaleel Al-Fiyaad”

I don’t know why I didn’t cry at the time of the news. Maybe it was because I was tired out from crying over Muheeb or because of the shock I was in. I asked them: “Did they die advancing or retreating?”

One of them replied: “By Allah they died advancing and they received their revenge before they died”

I praised Allah, and then I told them to enter the house to take their two injured men with them. When they entered they found one of them - and it was the Arab – lifeless; his soul had departed. As for the other, he was still alive and they took him with them. They buried the other one in the garden of my house. They were amazed that I had been able to dig two graves in an hour. I told them that the grave under the olive tree belonged to my son Muheeb and the other, a martyr that I didn’t know and that he wasn’t buried properly. So I asked one of them to unbury him and make the grave bigger, fearing for the body.

After this they asked me to come with them as they would try to get me out of Falujjah. I refused this and one of them – he was not an Iraqi - said to me: “Oh Mother you have lost three of your sons and we are all your sons. Insha Allah Ahmad, Umar and Muheeb are in Paradise”

They left in a hurry before my eyes and I returned inside the house to pray Duha. Three more battles broke out in three long nights. I was able during that time to drag four other martyrs and bury them in the garden of my house. With that there was in the garden of the house seven graves belonging to seven martyrs. The whole garden and house was filled with a musky scent that I had never smelt before and this scent made me feel happy and gave me patience. I slept four nights next to the grave of Muheeb and I would smell that aroma. I slept with him like the mother who carries her son when he is asleep. I stayed a prisoner in my house with the martyrs for seven days until 13/1/2005, when the Red Crescent entered from the north with the permission of the occupation. They forced me to go with them to a camp in As-Saqlaawiya. There I found out that after the battle that the volunteer workers from Falujjah dug up Muheeb and his companions and took them to re bury them with their brothers in the new martyr’s graveyard.

This is my story and I tell it despite all the pain and injury I went through. Also I wish that I had three more sons who would die for the sake of Allah despite my grief over them as your mother is proud because she is mother of the martyrs.”

Here Umm Ash-Shuhadaa’ finishes her story with a few verses of Bedouin poetry that we were able to write down. She said: “This is for the scholars of the muslims, who place their turbans on their heads. To them I dedicate these two verses. I ask them. What will you say on the day you stand between the Hands of the Avenger and Powerful? It (the poem) goes like this:

From you we expected and thought that you would lift and take us.

And we did not expect - with this affliction - that you would try to get away.

From you we expected and (................)

Oh injustice all hope has gone and the liar has arisen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By Allah you have broken our hearts and brought tears to our eyes with your story oh Mother of the Martyrs. May Allah accept your sons as martyrs and gather you with them in the highest level of Paradise, Al-Firdaws. Ameen!

May Allah bless her with the Jannatul Firdaws for her patience and sacrifice. May Allah accept the Martyrdom of her sons and all the mujahids in Chechnya, Palestine, Somalia, Kashmir, Iraq and kulli makan.

May Allah give us the strength to raise mujahids that will liberate the ummah and establish the Kalimah upon the face of the earth and May Allah give us men who wish to die only as Shaheed.

The seal of prophethood recognized by a Jewish Monk

When the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) was twelve years old, he went with his uncle Abu Talib on a business journey to Syria. When they reached Busra (which was a part of Syria, in the vicinity of Howran under the Roman domain) they met a monk called Bahira (his real name was Georges), who showed great kindness, and entertained them lavishly. He had never been in the habit of receiving or entertaining them before. He readily enough recognized the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said while taking his hand: “This is the master of all humans. Allâh will send him with a Message which will be a mercy to all beings.” Abu Talib asked: “How do you know that?” He replied: “When you appeared from the direction of ‘Aqabah, all stones and trees prostrated themselves, which they never do except for a Prophet. I can recognize him also by the seal of Prophethood which is below his shoulder, like an apple. We have got to learn this from our books.”

Rebuilding Kaba - Muhammad (SAW) comes to the rescue

When the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) was thirty five, Quraish started rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah. That was because it was a low building of white stones no more than 6.30 metres high, from the days of Ishmael. It was also roofless and that gave the thieves easy access to its treasures inside. It was also exposed to the wearing factors of nature — because it was built a long time ago — that weakened and cracked its walls. Five years before Prophethood, there was a great flood in Makkah that swept towards Al-Ka‘bah and almost demolished it. Quraish was obliged to rebuild it to safeguard its holiness and position. The chiefs of Quraish decided to use only licit money in rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah, so all money that derived from harlotry, usury or unjust practices was excluded.

They were, at first, too awed to knock down the wall, but Al-Waleed bin Al-Mugheerah Al-Mukhzumi started the work. Seeing that no harm had happened to him, the others participated in demolishing the walls until they reached the basis laid by Abraham. When they started rebuilding its walls, they divided the work among the tribes. Each tribe was responsible for rebuilding a part of it. The tribes collected stones and startwork. The man who laid the stones was a Roman mason called Baqum. The work went on in harmony till the time came to put the sacred Black Stone in its proper place. Then strife broke out among the chiefs, and lasted for four or five days, each contesting for the honour of placing the stone in its position. Daggers were on the point of being drawn and great bloodshed seemed imminent. Luckily, the oldest among the chiefs Abu Omaiyah bin Mugheerah Al-Makhzumi made a proposal which was accepted by all. He said: “Let him, who enters the Sanctuary first of all, decide on the point.” It was then Allâh’s Will that the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) should be the first to enter the Mosque. On seeing him, all the people on the scene, cried with one voice: “Al-Ameen (the trustworthy) has come. We are content to abide by his decision.”

Calm and self-possessed, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) received the commission and at once resolved upon an expedient which was to conciliate them all. He asked for a mantle which he spread on the ground and placed the stone in its centre. He then asked the representatives of the different clans among them, to lift the stone all together. When it had reached the proper place, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) laid it in the proper position with his own hands. This is how a very tense situation was eased and a grave danger averted by the wisdom of the Prophet (Peace be upon him).

The beautiful Quran causes polytheists to fall down in prostration

In Ramadan of the fifth year of prophethood, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) went into the Holy Sanctuary where there was a large host of Quraish polytheists, including some notables and celebrities. Suddenly he began reciting Sűrah An-Najm (Chapter 41 — The Star). The awe-inspiring Words of Allâh descended unawares upon them and they immediately got stunned by them. It was the first time for them to be shocked by the truthful Revelation. It had formerly been the favourite trick of those people who wished to dishonour Revelation, not only not to listen to it themselves but also to talk loudly and insolently when it was being read, so that even the true listeners may not be able to hear. They used to think that they were drowning the Voice of Allâh; in fact, they were piling up misery for themselves, for Allâh's Voice can never be silenced, "And those who disbelieve say:

"Listen not to this Qur'ân, and make noise in the midst of its (recitation) that you may overcome." [41:26].

When the unspeakably fascinating Words of Allâh came into direct contact with their hearts, they were entranced and got oblivious of the materialistic world around them and were caught in a state of full attentiveness to the Divine Words to such an extent that when the Prophet (Peace be upon him) reached the stormy heart-beating ending:

"So fall you down in prostration to Allâh and worship Him (Alone)." [53:62]

The idolaters, unconsciously and with full compliance, prostrated themselves in absolute god-fearing and stainless devotion. It was in fact the wonderful moment of the Truth that cleaved through the obdurate souls of the haughty and the attitude of the scoffers. They stood aghast when they perceived that Allâh's Words had conquered their hearts and done the same thing that they had been trying hard to annihilate and exterminate. Their co-polytheists who had not been present on the scene reproached and blamed them severely; consequently they began to fabricate lies and calumniate the Prophet (Peace be upon him) alleging that he had attached to their idols great veneration and ascribed to them the power of desirable intercession.

the Greatest Gift
    Qisas.com

Shaykh Abdul Ghani an-Nabulsi was a famous scholar and ‘man of Allah’ who lived in Damascus.

One of my teachers mentioned this story about Sh. Abdul Ghani:

Whenever he used to feel constraint in his heart and narrowness in his chest, which happens when one’s eman needs to be renewed and increased, Sh. Abdul Ghani would go and visit the hospitals of Damascus. He would, in seeing the ill and weak, become more conscious of the blessings Allah had bestowed upon him; and he would also pray for those in need.

One day when he was about to enter a hospital specialized for those with leprosy, he saw a man being kicked out from it onto the street: he was a leper, his body broken and decaying, and about to die. The hospital attendants could do no more for him. Seeing this man in such a pitiful state moved Sh. Abdul Ghani’s heart, and he raised his hands to pray for him, when he heard him say: “Ya Abdul Ghani! Do not stand between me and my Lord.”

In astonishment, Sh. Abdul Ghani asked, “How is it that you know my name?”

The man said, “The ones who know Allah know the ones who know Allah.”

The shaykh asked, “If you are of the ones who know Allah, then why don’t you ask Him to heal you?”

He said, “I see others with perfect bodies, but with hearts that are damaged, broken, and disfigured. And yet Allah has blessed me with a sound, healthy, whole heart. So I am content with Him; and can ask for no more.”

—-

A beggar.“A penny for Allah, a penny for Allah? Doesn’t anyone have a penny they can give me for Allah’s sake?”

“May Allah bless you! May Allah grant you a long life! Give some food to those in need! Don’t you have something to give?”

“A small sadaqah is big in Allah’s sight… A small sadaqah…? Can’t you give me a small sadaqah, may Allah reward you?”

Among beggars.

“Is there anyone who can give something to this beggar? A whole heart? Is there anyone giving away a pure, whole heart?”

For a whole heart, I would give the life of this world: every moment of monotone emotion felt, every numb pleasure that kills my soul, every restless feeling that eats away inside.

For a whole heart, I would give away all my broken dreams, gathering each piece from it’s scattered place, blown in every direction by the winds of confusion and desire.

For a whole heart, I would give all of my bitter tears, shed from mistaken hurts and affected wrongs, or complexities that I myself constructed.

For a whole heart, I would give my own tongue that speaks ill instead of truth.

I would give my very eyes, that see the night sky in all it’s splendor, and that still choose slumber over vigil.

I would give my soul, troubled and heavy, always foolishly choosing darkness over Light.

But who would accept this currency or this exchange?

I’m just a poor beggar, with nothing to give. Instead, I depend on the compassion of the Owner to fulfill my needs, and be generous with me, though I have nothing to give Him in return; my worthless possessions clutched tight.

Utaibah loses his head by the dog of Allah

'Utaibah bin Abi Lahab once approached the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and most defiantly and brazenly shouted at him, "I disbelieve in: "By the star when it goes down." [53:1] and in "Then he (Gabriel) approached and came closer." [53:8] In other words: "I do not believe in any of the Qur'ân." He then started to deal highhandedly with Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and laid violent hand on him, tore his shirt and spat into his face but his saliva missed the Holy face of the Prophet (Peace be upon him). Thereupon, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) invoked Allâh's wrath on 'Utaibah and supplicated:

"O Allâh! Set one of Your dogs on him."

Allâh responded positively to Muhammad's supplication, and it happened in the following manner: Once 'Utaibah with some of his compatriots from Quraish set out for Syria and took accommodation in Az - Zarqa'. There a lion approached the group to the great fear of 'Utbah, who at once recalled Muhammad's words in supplication, and said: "Woe to my brother! This lion will surely devour me just as Muhammad (Peace be upon him) supplicated. He has really killed me in Syria while he is in Makkah." The lion did really rush like lightning, snatched 'Utbah from amongst his people and crushed his head.

The man who made a promise to tell the truth

Telling the truth is a very good habit. If you always speak the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble! Here is a story of a man who did a lot of bad things, but his promise to tell the truth saved him.

Once a man came to the prophet Muhammad (S) and said, "Oh prophet of Allah, I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?" The prophet said, "Give up telling lies first and always speak the truth." The man promised to do so and went home.

At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he thought for a moment about the promise he made with the prophet. "If tomorrow the prophet asks me where have I been, what shall I say? Shall I say that I went out stealing? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I lie. If I tell the truth, everyone will start hating me and call me a thief. I would be punished for stealing."

So the man decided not to steal that night, and gave up this bad habit.

Next day, he felt like drinking wine, when he was about to do so, he said to himself, "What shall I say to the prophet if he asks me what did I do during the day? I cannot tell a lie, and if I speak the truth people will hate me, because a Muslim is not allowed to drink wine." And so he gave up the idea of drinking wine.

In this way, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he remembered his promise to tell the truth at all times. One by one, he gave up all his bad habits and became a good Muslim and a very good person.

If you always speak the truth, you can be a good person, a good Muslim whom Allah likes and favors. If Allah - our Creator - is pleased with us, He will reward us with HEAVEN, which is a place of happiness and joy.

Words vs. Actions - The boy who liked eating sweets

There once was a boy who loved eating sweets. He always asked for sweets from his father. His father was a poor man. He could not always afford sweets for his son. But the little boy did not understand this, and demanded sweets all the time.

The boy's father thought hard about how to stop the child asking for so many sweets. There was a very holy man living nearby at that time. The boy's father had an idea. He decided to take the boy to the great man who might be able to persuade the child to stop asking for sweets all the time.

The boy and his father went along to the great man. The father said to him, "O great saint, could you ask my son to stop asking for sweets which I cannot afford?" The great man was in difficulty, because he liked sweets himself. How could he ask the boy to give up asking for sweets? The holy man told the father to bring his son back after one month.

During that month, the holy man gave up eating sweets, and when the boy and his father returned after a month, the holy man said to the boy "My dear child, will you stop asking for sweets which your father cannot afford to give you?"

From then on, the boy stopped asking for sweets.

The boy's father asked the saint, "Why did you not ask my son to give up asking for sweets when we came to you a month ago?" The saint replied, "How could I ask a boy to give up sweets when I loved sweets myself. In the last month I gave up eating sweets."

A person's example is much more powerful than just his words. When we ask someone to do something, we must do it ourselves also. We should not ask others to do what we do not do ourselves.

A Ship's Journey

Adapted from: AHMAD March 1995 pp. 38-39
    Written by: Abdallah Ahmad

A ship was moving through the calm sea, with its passengers enjoying the beautiful scene of the sea. Suddenly, a storm blew causing the waves to rise and the ship to swing. It was destined to sink, but Allah's Grace saw to it that it reached a far away island safely. The captain decided to deck on that island's shore till the sea calmed down again.

The passengers looked around them. The Divine creation was obvious in the beauty of every tree and flower in the island, which seemed uninhabited. Fascinated by the charming Scenery, most of the passengers wanted to tour around to enjoy this beauty, relax and forget all about the troubles they had faced. They asked for the captain's permission. He agreed on one condition: that they must come back upon hearing the first signal indicating that the sea became calm. He added that they should go home before another storm broke.

The passengers toured around the island. Attracted by the beautiful views, some of them went into the bushes, and began to collect many things to give to their relatives and beloved ones back home. Whereas the rest, who thought carefully about their situation, concluded that the ship couldn't carry all the things they intended to bring, and decided to take in only their basic needs that would help them in making their journey. They went back to the shore carrying only their vital supplies, and waited patiently for the storm to calm down. Soon, the captain saw that the weather was clear. He signaled once and twice asking the passengers to get aboard right away.

The first to arrive were those who were already waiting. They climbed up carrying their essentials, and they naturally found plenty of room to sit comfortably around the ship. Some of the other passengers hurried back, carrying the precious stones, fruits and flowers. When they reached the ship as it was setting sail, they realized that there was not enough room left to accommodate all what they brought. Thus, they had to throw all of the riches away.

A third group of passengers who were preoccupied with seeking more precious stones, fruits and beautiful flowers, were so much attracted by what they had seen that they did not respond to the signals coming from the ship.

Finally, the ship set sail leaving them behind, for it had to reach home safely before another storm erupted.

They did not realize that the ship had left, except after dark. They were very exhausted and they slept deeply, hoping that they will be saved one day.

The ship reached home after a long and tiresome journey that made the passengers, who were not attracted to the charm and beauty of the island, know the true meaning of survival.

They felt that the fate of those who were left on the island is like the fate of the people who are fascinated by the pleasures and joys of this world: They got fully engaged in them that they forgot that they will return back to their Creator to be either punished or rewarded.

Allah, the most Exalted, said in His Glorious Book: In the Name of Allah the Compassionate, The Merciful.
    "Let the life of this world not deceive you, nor let the dissembler trick you concerning Allah "
    Allah the Most Exalted speakth the Truth.

The young man who learned what cannot be taught

Once upon a time, there lived in Basra an old man whose only occupation was caring for and loving his only son who was a handsome young man. The old man invested all his money on his son's education. The young man went away for a few years and acquired an education at a well known university under the great scholars of that age.

The day had arrived for the son to return from his studies and the old man waited at the door for his son. When the son came and met his father, the old man looked into his eyes and felt great disappointment. "What have you learnt my son?" he asked, "I have learnt everything there was to be learnt, father", he said. "But have you learnt what cannot be taught?" asked the father. "Go, my son and learn what cannot be taught", said the old man.

The young man went back to his master and asked him to teach him what cannot be taught.
    "Go away to the mountains with these four hundred sheep and come back when they are one thousand", said the master.

The young man went to the mountains and became a shepherd. There for the first time he encountered a silence. He had no one to talk to. The sheep did not understand his language. In his desperation, he would talk to them but they would look back at him as if to say he was stupid. Slowly but surely he began to forget all his worldly knowledge, his ego, his pride and he became quiet like the sheep and great wisdom and humility came to him.

At the end of two years when the number of sheep had grown to one thousand, he returned to his master and fell on his feet. "Now you have learnt what cannot be taught," said the master.

NB. It is interesting to note that the Nabis of Allah Taala (Alayhimus salaam) at some time in their lives, generally before Nubuwwat(prophethood), tended to sheep, and other such animals.

Struggles benefit - The man who wanted to help the butterfly

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were Allah's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If Allah allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.

We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never "fly"!

I asked for Strength.........
    And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom.........
    And Allah gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity.........
    And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage.........
    And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love..........
    And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.

I asked for Favours.........
    And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted ........
    I received everything I needed!

"So blessed be Allah, the best of creators!"
    Sura The Believer (23) verse 14

Footprints in the Sand
    - author unknown

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    He noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."
    The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you."

Note: Muslims do not believe that God appeared in the form of a man, etc. The reason why this poem has been included is because of the moral of the story. The details of the poem do not represent the doctrines within Islam.

The Marchant with four wives

There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men. He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times. Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her. One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!" Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word. The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart.
    The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold. He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated.

Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !"

Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives ....... The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll never leave with us when we die. Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave. BOTTOMLINE! "The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material wealth and sensual pleasure. Guess what ? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our death-bed to lament."
    Last edited by islamirama; Jun-5-2007 at 06:25 AM.

People who has knowledge shoud reflect from this mail....

There was once a man who was going to travel to a dangerous land. He goes to the house of a man, well known for his honesty. He knocks the door and tells him: " I'm giving you $1440 to keep with you as I am travelling to a dangerous place. When I get back, I only want $17 back."

The honest man stood there perplexed but agreed.

The next day, the traveller comes back to the honest man's house and asks him for $17. The honest man tells him that he forgot and that he had spent it all. The traveller forgave him since he knew that this man is honest enough to give it back later.

The next day, the same man travels to the same dangerous place and gives the same honest man $1440 to keep and at the end of the day, he will take $17 back. The traveller returns from his travels and asks the honest man for his $17. The honest man replies that he was so engrossed in having a good time with his friends, that he spent all the money again.

Once again,the traveller forgave him, knowing he didn't do it on purpose. This same incident starts to happen everyday, whereby the honest man is given $1440 and is expected to return only $17 but fails to do so.

Later on, his child becomes sick and the doctor who was going to give the treatment tells the honest man that if he wishes for his child to be looked after, the fee was $1440. The honest man starts to panic realising he can't afford $1440. It then struck him that the traveller used to give him that same amount.

He runs to the traveller's house and asks him in a panic for $1440. The traveller told him that due to his feeble excuses, he has stopped going to his house as he has lost faith in his honesty.

The Irony is, that this story has once been directly relevant to each and every single one of us. It is quite remarkable that Allah (swt) gives us 1440 minutes each day and only specifies 17 minutes of that back in prayer. But due to the ignorance of people and the whisperings of Shaitaan the accursed, we are blinded towards the minute scale of what we are giving back.

This story points out three things.
    1. The importance of namaz and how little we have to give back.
    2. The mercy of Allah that He forgives us even after such blunders.

3. The fact that we only realise how important something is (in this case gift of wealth) until it is gone.

Allah knows how many of the recipients of this mail will benefit from this e mail, please pass it on and let all your dear ones benefit from it.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

A LETTER FROM SATAN:

I saw you yesterday as you began your daily chores. You awoke without stopping to pray. As a matter of fact, you didn't even bless your meals, or pray before going to bed last night. You are so unthankful, I like that about you. I cannot tell you how glad I am that you have not changed your way of living, Fool, you are mine.

Remember, you and I have been going steady for years, and I still don't love you yet. As a matter of fact, I hate you, because I hate God. I am only using you to get even with God. He kicked me out of heaven, and I'm going to use you as long as possible to pay him back. You see, Fool, GOD LOVES YOU and HE has great plans in store for you. But you have yielded your life to me and I'm going to make your life a living hell. That way we'll be together twice. This will really hurt God. Thanks to you.

I'm really showing Him who's boss in your life. With all of the good times we've had..... We have been watching dirty movies, cursing people, out partying, stealing, lying, being hypocritical, indulging in fornication, overeating, telling dirty jokes, gossiping, back stabbing people, disrespecting adults and those in leadership position, NO respect for the mosque, bad attitudes: SURELY you don't want to give all this up.
    Come on, Fool, let's burn together forever. I've got some hot plans for us. This is just a letter of appreciation from me to you. I'd like to say "THANKS" for letting me use you for most of your foolish life. You are so gullible, I laugh at you. When you are tempted to sin, you give in HA HA HA, you make me sick. Sin is beginning to take its toll on your life. You look 20 years older, I need new blood. So go ahead and teach some children how to sin.

All you have to do is smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, cheat, gamble, gossip, fornicate, and listen to and dance to the top 10 jams. Do all of this in the presence of children and they will do it too. Kids are like that. Well, Fool, I have to let you go for now. I'll be back in a couple of seconds to tempt you again. If you were smart, you would run somewhere, confess your sins, ask forgiveness from Him, live for God with what little bit of life that you have left. It's not my nature to warn anyone, but to be your age and still sinning, it's becoming a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I still hate you...... IT'S JUST THAT YOU'D MAKE A BETTER FOOL FOR GOD.

Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari is chosen by Allah to host Rasulullah

On Friday morning after Rasulullah (SAW) migrated to Medina, the Prophet (Peace be upon him), sent for Bani An-Najjar, his maternal uncles, to come and escort him and Abu Bakr to Madinah . He rode towards the new headquarters amidst the cordial greetings of his Madinese followers who had lined his path. He halted at a place in the vale of Banu Salim and there he performed his Friday prayer with a hundred others. Meanwhile the tribes and families of Madinah , the new name for Yathrib and a short form of ‘The Messenger’s Madinah (City)’, came streaming forth, and vied with one another in inviting the noble visitor to their homes. The girls of the Madinese used to chant beautiful verses of welcome rich in all meanings of obedience and dutifulness to the new Messenger.

Though not wealthy, every Ansar (Helper) was wholeheartedly eager and anxious to receive the Messenger in his house. It was indeed a triumphal procession. Around the camel of Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his immediate followers, rode the chiefs of the city in their best raiment and in glittering armour, everyone saying: “Alight here O Messenger of Allâh, abide by us.” Muhammad (Peace be upon him) used to answer everyone courteously and kindly: “This camel is commanded by Allâh, wherever it stops, that will be my abode.”

The camel moved onward with slackened rein, reached the site of the Prophetic Mosque and knelt down. He did not dismount until it rose up again, went on forward, turned back and then returned to kneel down in the very former spot. Here, he alighted in a quarter inhabited by Banu Najjar, a tribe related to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) from the maternal side. In fact, it was his wish to honour his maternal uncles and live among them. The fortunate host, Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari, stepped forward with unbounded joy for the Divine blessing appropriated to him, welcomed the Noble Guest and solicited him to enter his house.