Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Array

Default Re: Tablighi Jama'at

Assalamu alaikum wr wb

im not apart of this jamaat but i know ppl in my community that participate in it.

From what they told me is that most of the men that are married take their families with them. Sometimes its tough for them, but usually they go together as a family. Though if they have a young child etc, under 2 yrs or so they usually go alone the men and the wife stays at home either with his paernts or her parents etc during his absense.

yes it's true he should be there for the family, but if the wife approves and gives her permission for him to do this dawah for the sake of Allah swt, than it is ok..

hope that helps
    take care

though he should also be responsible in looking after his family, meaning he should perhaps leave an amount that she can get by on while he is gone, until he returns.

Patience & Understanding is the key to happiness. Is it not time to remember & trust in Allah?
    Mother of Light Islamic Info / Stories of the Prophets
    / My Recipes & Talk Blog / My Rant Talk / My Kids Adv / My Own Free Mind
    ask for my FB and Twitter

/ Body by vi 90 day Challenge / 90 day Challenge
    / Donate to Families in Need

Yes, I know a lot, links yet 4 networking , A little word of mouth, can go a long way everywhere.
    F/T mom of 2 boys, & a girl->

Senior Member Array

salaam wa alaikum...

well what i heard and saw that most of them go alone..i mean men..they travel to some places and give dawah....

they go about for one week, one day, 3 months etc....

there is some good info on www.fatwa-online.com on this group and others..

i dont say that this group is wrong or not...tehy have good ideals alhamdulillah...that is giving dawah...but whether the way they give it and make it is right or not allahu alim...

im also trying to find out things and insha-Allah Allah will guide us to the truth if we r sincere....

shaykh al baanee symphathises with this group but asks them to learn deen fully bfore going out to give dawah.....

u can read further more on the website ....go to deviant groups...there is info on tableeghi jamaat..ok and there is download as well...

i woudl appreciate any comments coz im also finding out what is teh exact truth behind this...insha-Allah...

fee amanillah.

Junior Member Array

Assalamu alaikum

Here is the information you need about them. They are a sect. At this site you will have pages and pages to answer any questions about them.

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/tableegi_jamaat/index.htm

Junior Member Array

Dear, pseudonymous

Asalam u alaikum,

May Allah give u patience, health,strength and courage to seek more Knowledge and participate in this Tableegi jamaat.
    It is the only group of people existing in this world who follow and practise deen perfectly.
    The only group which helps to strengthen ur Imaan and teaches u to practise Taqwa.
    The quality of a true Muslim is based on his Imaan and Taqwa.
    Hence without any single doubt u can also seek participation in this group.
    Regards,
    Allah should help us to maintain our Imaan and practise Taqwa.Ameen.!
    Raj.

Junior Member Array

assalwalkom i am one of the wifes of the jamaat tableebi and i think this is great work that the husband can strive in the path of allah swt and it's not easy for them too they have to leave there family's and the life style and go out in the path of allah swt and allah swt has gave them so many rewards in this great work . my husband when once to an village where there were a few musilms there and there intentions where to teach them about islam suhan allah there stayed there for 40 days and 60 people became muslium .beause of there sacrfice allah swt guided these people .if we make sacrife for this deen allah swt we give us more.if we look at the sahaba and the prophet saws and the sacrife they gave for this deen
    may allah swt reward us for this deen
    i hope this enlights you a bit .
    assalwalkom
    catts

Junior Member Array

Assalaamu Alaikum,
    I guess it looks like that you have no idea to what there beliefs are. Let me tell you a few
    1) The Tablighee jamat has the corrupt beliefs of Abdul Wahab NAJDI who lived around 250 years ago. One of there beliefs are that the Prophet (peace be upon him) is dead and (Allah forbid) the earth has eaten him (de-composed). Also that he has no unseen knowledge (even though unseen knowledge is proven from the qur'an). Celebrating his birth is Shirk (Astaghfirullah). He does not know what is behind the wall. Also it is better to think about your donkey, cow or any other animal, but if you think about the Prophet (peace be upon him) it is Shirk. To read more about them check this website www.ahlesunnat.net or www.yanabi.net.
    the best people i have seen who do alot of dawah work for Islam is DAWAT-e-ISLAMI. These brothers wear a green Imamah and i have been with them they are really sweet and have a lot of love for the Prophet (peace be upon him). I learnt so many things and most of all i corrected my namaz, wudu and ghusal. The work of Dawat-e-islami is in about 60 countries around the world. visit there website www.dawateislami.net.
    Thanks

Junior Member Array

asslawalkom sister that waht you said about the tabilgh jammat is not truth so many people say some many things that is not truth .we DO NOT belive what you saided about the prophet saws we love hem very much . it makes me very angry when i hear this .
    suhan allah
    asslawalkom
    catts

Member Array

Prophet s.a.w cant hear us and he doesnt know the unseen. Every thing that he knew was through what allah had given him the knowledge of. And to praise him is not shirk as it says in the qur'aan that "Allah and his Angels send blessings on the Prophet.O you who believe send your blessings on him and salut him with a wod of salutation". :hijab:

Junior Member Array

assalwalkom
    what do you mean sister lethal muslimah
    assawakom
    catts

Member Array

(Dis Is Lethal_muslimah by da way)
    i was answering Rafaqat Ali abt wht he said abt Prophet s.a.w bein alive n basically wiv us. I dnt believe tht he is presint hear but i believe that sendin durood on him is permissable as i said before .

Junior Member Array

Assalam Aleikum

Though i am not from this jemma i can give witness about them. Subhan Allah i think telling lie takes one out of Islam. Even those other religion sectors (Kafirs) condemn telling lies.
    How dare you say that the tablighi jamma has such stand aginst Prophet(SAW). i heard a lot about incidents (believe or not- divine revelation that is through manam or dreams)which confirm that it is one of the most liked or loved work by Allah and his Prophet.

Member Array

Asslamualaikum,

Ya Allah! I'm disgusted at the remarks made about the TJ. I agree with the person above who says that they are on the right. Their work is spread throughout the world and by far the most successful dawah group and the most amazing thing is, they are not restricted to one community or nation. On TJ u will find Indians, Malaysians, pakistanis, American muslims British Muslims etc etc, the diversity is beautiful subhanAllah.
    They propagate the true Islam without Biddah and innovations, which a lot of ppl find hard to deal with!
    Although I have not had the opportunity to go myself, alot of my family are heavily involved and not just that, the main book that they preach (for which I will provide the link) was given to my Grandfather (Shaikhul hadith) by the author for proof-reading! So its kind of close to home for me. May Allah help all those who go out in the path of Allah
    One last misconception, the ppl who do leave their homes always see to the needs of their families, either by taking them with them or making sure someone looks after them. Men with dependants do not usually leave for longer periods, only for 3 days etc.

Fazail-e-Amaal
    Check out this link for what they preach!

Mominah

saalam wa alaikam to all those people who have made comment on the tabligh jamaat without knolwedge is that you will have to answer ALLAH SUBANTALA for that.as regarding sisters question i have in the past been to jamaat for 3days twice and once 5 days.iam not an active member of the jamaat but i do recommend people to go out with them because it is a very good experience because you are in the blessed masjid environment.sister if you can you should go with your husband for 3 days INSHALLAH you will come back with alot of zeal for ISLAM and you will feel that yoi have increased in imaan. for those who want to know what it is all about why dont they go out for 3 days or go to there thursday gatherings then make judgement if they are right or wrong wasaalam.

Member Array

asalam'u'walaikum
    The reason why i have copied this fatwa is because i have been with the tableeghi jamah before and they have alot of gud in them and have invited many to islam but as with many other groups they have man bidahs which i do not agree with.

Question :
    I have started to become committed recently, praise be to Allaah. In our area there is the Jamaa’at al-Tableegh, who go out for thirty days or more. People say different things about them. Some say, don’t go out with them, because their going out is an innovation (bid’ah) and they have some mistaken ideas. Others advised me to go out with them. What is the correct view concerning that? Should I go out with them or not?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

We have already discussed this group and some of their pros and cons. Please see question no. 47431.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daa’iyahs have had. How many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and how many evildoers has Allaah guided through them?

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the ‘aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting da’wah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shar’i evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization. If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of sharee’ah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.

Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Member Array

Jamaa’at al-Tableegh – pros and cons
    Question :

What is the ruling on the 40 days and 4 months to the different part of world to call muslim brothers towards duties of islam.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

“Jamaa’at al-Tableegh” is one of the groups that are working for Islam. Their efforts in calling people to Allaah (da’wah) cannot be denied. But like many other groups they make some mistakes, and some points should be noted concerning them. These points may be summed up as follows, noting that these mistakes may vary within this group, depending on the environment and society in which they find themselves. In societies in which knowledge and scholars are prevalent and the madhhab of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah is widespread, the mistakes are much less; in other societies these mistakes may be greater. Some of their mistakes are:

1 – Not adopting the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah. This is clearly seen from the variations in the ‘aqeedah of some of their members and even of some of their leaders.

2 – Their not paying attention to shar’i knowledge.

3 – Their misinterpretation of some Qur’aanic verses in a manner that was not intended by Allaah. For example they interpret the verses on jihad as referring to “going out for da’wah”. The verses which mentioned the word khurooj (going out) etc. are interpreted by them as meaning going out for da’wah.

4 – They make their system of going out for da’wah an act of worship. So they started to misquote the Qur’aan to support their system which specifies certain numbers of days and months. This system, which they think is based on evidence from Qur’aan, is widespread among them in all countries and environments.

5 – They do some things that go against sharee’ah, such as appointing one of them to make du’aa’ for them whilst the group goes out for da’wah, and they think that their success or failure depends on whether or not this man was sincere and his du’aa’ accepted.

6 – Da’eef (weak) and mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth are widespread among them, and this is not befitting for those who aim to call people to Allaah.

7 – They do not speak of munkaraat (evil things), thinking that enjoining what is good is sufficient. Hence we find that they do not speak about evils that are widespread among the people, even though the slogan of this ummah – which they continually repeat – is:

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:104 – interpretation of the meaning]

The successful are those who enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, not just those who do only one of the two.

8 – Some of them fall into self-admiration and arrogance, which leads them to look down on others, and even to look down on the scholars and describe them as inactive and sleeping, or to show off. So you find them talking about how they went out and travelled, and they saw such and such, which leads to unfavourable results, as we have mentioned.

9 – They regard going out for da’wah as better than many acts of worship such as jihad and seeking knowledge, even though those things are obligatory duties, or may be obligatory for some people but not others.

10 – Some of them audaciously issue fatwas, and discuss tafseer and hadeeth. That is because they allow each one of them to address the people and explain to them. This leads to them speak audaciously on matters of sharee’ah. So the inevitably speak of the meaning of a ruling, hadeeth or verse when they have not read anything about it, or listened to any of the scholars. And some of them are new Muslims or have only recently come back to Islam.

11- Some of them are negligent with regard to the rights of their children and wives. We have discussed the seriousness of this matter in the answer to question no. 3043.

Hence the scholars do not allow people to go out with them, except for those who want to help them and correct the mistakes that they have fallen into.

We should not keep the people away from them altogether, rather we must try to correct their mistakes and advise them so that their efforts will continue and they will be correct according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

There follow the fatwas of some of the scholars concerning Jamaa’at al-Tableegh:

1 – Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz said:

Jamaa’at al-Tableegh do not have proper understanding of the issues of ‘aqeedah, so it is not permissible to go out with them, except for one who has knowledge and understanding of the correct ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah, so that he can guide them and advise them, and cooperate with them in doing good, because they are very active, but they need more knowledge and someone who can guide them of those who have knowledge of Tawheed and the Sunnah. May Allaah bless us all with proper understanding of Islam and make us steadfast in adhering to it.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 8/331

2 – Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan said:

Going out for the sake of Allaah does not refer to the kind of going out that they mean nowadays. Going out for the sake of Allaah means going out to fight. What they call going out nowadays is a bid’ah (innovation) that was not narrated from the salaf.

Going out to call people to Allaah cannot be limited to a certain number of days, rather one should call people to Allaah according to one's abilities, without limiting that to a group or to forty days or more or less than that.

Similarly the daa’iyah must have knowledge. It is not permissible for a person to call people to Allaah when he is ignorant. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge”

[Yoosuf 12:108]

i.e., with knowledge, because the caller must know that to which he calls people, what is obligatory, mustahabb, haraam and makrooh. He has to know what shirk, sin, kufr, immorality and disobedience are; he has to know the degrees of denouncing evil and how to do it.

The kind of going out that distracts people from seeking knowledge is wrong, because seeking knowledge is an obligation, and it can only be achieved by learning, not by inspiration. This is one of the misguided Sufi myths, because action without knowledge is misguidance, and hoping to acquire knowledge without learning is an illusion.

From Thalaath Mihaadaraat fi’l-‘Ilm wa’l-Da’wah.

And Allaah knows best.
    Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

I HOPE I HAVE NOT OFFENDE NE1 AND IF THERE ARE NE DIAGREEMENTS PLEASE CORRECT OR POST THEM

salaam wa alaikam i agree with you with most of your fatwa's but some of the points i dont for example that there aqeeda is not according to AHLE SUNNAH WA JAMAAT is wrong i know most of these peoples there aqeedah is according to AHLE SUNNAH there aqeedah is not according to the gair muqalids who dont follow any particular madhab of AHLE SUNNAH which are many in saudi who think they know more QURAN & SUNNAH then likes of IMAM ABU HANIFA,IMAM MALIK.IMAM SHAFI,IMAM AHMAD BIN HANBAL and all the rightly guided scholars who follow these great Imams.
    so please dont quote these goverment paid scholars who sell there deen for worldly gains give me fatwa of ulema of 4 madhabs not these so called salafi scholars who just cause fitna among the ummah as if they are the only ones on the earth who know QURAN & SUNNAH and the rest of the world are ignorant or people of bidah.so please brother before you make statement verify the truth and ask these people who go out on tablighi jamaat if there aqeedah is according to AHLE SUNNAH. WASAALAM.

Member Array

asalam'u'walaikum
    akhi wot u said was rite about them and i dnt agree wiv them on certain issues but on this issue i strongly do beacause i to previously once a year go out wiv the tablighee jamah andd give dawah and al hamdulah they didd invite alot of brothers to islam but at the same time alot of bidah was involved which was mentioned above.

asalamu o alaikam brother can you please mention what kind of bidah are you talking about what seems to you bidah might not be bidah according to sharia so please give more information. you got to understand that they are almost new brothers who go out when they make mistake you cant call it bidah.Bidah is a new matter in deen which is created for example some body says this new matter is sunnah,wajib or even fard then it becomes bidah things which are mubah or jaiz you cant call them bidah. Also can you quote there scholars who do these things which you call bidah iam sure most of these misunderstandings are with common people not the ulema of the tabligh jamaat so please brother before you jump to conclusion verify the truth and give advise to these people waasaalam.

Junior Member Array

Mostly Salafi Brother are attacking Jamaa’at al-Tableegh. Salafi are divous group and they have rejected all the Imam and Fiqh and they only follow Quran & Hadith.

------------------------------------------------

The Deception of the Devious Salafi Sect.

When a man wishes to unfetter himself from the restrictions of the Shari'ah and the Sunnah in the present day, the solution for him is to become a so-called Salafi. Once he joins the Salafi deviant sect, he is free to find expression for his nafsaani opinions. In order to draw unwary and ignorant Muslims into its fold of dhalaal and baatil, the modernists Salafis employ deception on a large scale.

A salient feature of this sect of baatil is their rejection of the mathhabs of the Salf-e-Saalihoon. In spite of their rejection of the mathaahib of Haqq espoused by the Salf-e-Saalihoon, these mudhilleen (deviates who lead others astray) seek to bamboozle the unwary and the ignorant by making ostentatious claims for their "Love" and "respect" for the 'Ulama and Fuq'aha. The masses are ignorant. They lack the knowledge to distinguish between right and left; they do not possess the ability to verify and understand the statements of the Fuqaha which these salafi deviates selectively quote to bolster their corruptive arguments. Let us examine one example of the deception they employ to hoodwink the unwary and the ignorant.

Taqleed
    While they decry Taqleed, jeer at it, speak mockingly of it and vilify the muqallideen who follow the 'Ulama and Fuqaha and the Salf with epithets such as "cows" and "dogs", blindly following rulings of others, these salafis cite the very great Fuqaha of the Salf to support their baatil contentions of 'ad mut-taqleed" or the renunciation of Taqleed or their blind following of their opinions of desire. In substantiation of their claim, they present the well-known statements of the Fuqaha and Ainuhah Mujtahideen of the Salf-e-Saalihoon such as:

"When you find in my kitaab anything contradicting the Sunnah of Rasulullah (s.a.s.) then say (i.e. command) the Sunnah of Rasulullah (s.a.s.) and leave aside my statement." (Imam ash-Shaafi)

"When the Hadith is established as authentic in opposition to my statement, then act according to the Hadith and abandon my statement." (Imam ash-Shaafi)

"When the authenticity of the Hadith is established, then that is my Mathhab." (Imam ash-Shaafi)

Similar statements have been attributed to Imam Abu Hanifa by Ibn Abdul Barr. Imam Sha'raani too attributes to similar statements to Imam Abu Hanifa. In Raddul Mukhtaar, Allaamah Beeri, narrating from Sharah Hidaayah of Ibn Shuhnah says:

"When the Hadith is authentic, then that is my mathhab." (Imam Abu Hanifa)

The authenticity of these statements is not contested. However, neither do these salafis understand the meaning of these statements nor do their audiences. The audience being unschooled in the higher knowledge of the Shari'ah, simply take in what is gorged out by the devious speakers of this sect. The salafis claim to be the followers of the Salf. In their definition of the Salf, they quif rightly include the Fuqaha and the Ulama of Quroon-e-Thalaathah (the first three glorious epochs of Islam) - the age of Sahaba, Tabi'een, and Tab-a-Tabi'een. The Aima mujtahideen which include the four illustrious Imams of the Four Mathhabs of the Ahl as-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah are all part of the Salf.

While these salafis seek to eke out unbridled rejection of taqleed for every man in the street on the basis of the aforementioned statements attributed the great Imams, the great 'Ulama who follow these Aimmah mujtahideen aver otherwise. Commenting on these statements, Imam an-Nawawi (rahmatullah alayh) says:

"This which Imam ash-Shaafi has said does not mean that everyone who sees a sahih Hadith should say "This is the mathhab of ash-Shaafi," thus practicing on the zaahir (text/external or apparent meaning) of the Haditli.

This most certainly applies to only such a person who has the rank of ijtihad in the mathhab. It is a condition that he overwhelmingly believes that Imam ash-Shaafi was unaware of this Hadith or he was unaware of its authenticity. And this is possible only after having made a research of all the books of ash-Shaafi and similar other books of the Ashaab of ash-Shaafi, those who take (knowledge) from him and others similar to these (books). This is indeed a difficult condition (to fulfill). Few are there who measure up to this (standard).

What we have explained has been made conditional because Imam ash-Shaafi had abandoned acting on the zaahir (text) of many Ahadith, which he say and knew. However, by him was established proof for criticism in the Hadith or its abrogation or it's specific circumstance or its interpretation, etc. Hence, he was constrained to leave aside the hadith." (Ilaaus Sunan, Vol. 2, page 225)

Shaykh Abu Amr (rahmatullah alayh) said:

"It is not easy to act according to the aparrent (zahir) text of what Imam ash-Shaafi said. It is not lawful for (even) every Faqeeh (qualified Aalim who has deep insight) to act indepently with that which opines to be proof from the Hadith." (Ilaus Sunan, Vol. 2, page 225)

It also appears in Ilaaus Sunan of Muhaddith Zafar Ahmad Uthmani (rahmatullah alayh):

"Imam Sha'raani has also narrated it (i.e. the statement "When the authenticity of a Hadith is established, it is my mathhab."), attributing it to the four Imams. It is not hidden (from understanding) that this is for the one who has the ability (insight and qualifications) in the Nusoos and the knowledge of its clear laws and abrogations." Volume 2, page 226.

Discussing this statement in his treatise, Shaykh Yusuf bin Ismaail Nibhaani says

"Verily, the statement: "When the Hadith has been authenticated, then it is my mathhab" has been narrated from each of these four Imams who were free from personal opinion. The audience to whom this statement ("When the Hadith is Sahih, it is my mathhab.") was directed, is on his (the imam's) Ashaab (the Fuqaha of his Mathhab) who were the great and illustrious Aimmah among the great 'Ulama of his mathhab, those who where the Ahl at-Tarjeeh (a high category of 'Ulama). All of them who were the haafizeen of the Hadith of Rasulullah (s.a.s.) were fully aware of the daleels (proofs) of all the mathhabs These are the ones whom the Imam (of the mathhab) had directed his statement: "When the Hadith is Sahih, it is my mathhab" Verily, they (these great Fuqaha) are able to reconcile between the Hadith from which the Imam had derived proof, and the latest Hadith which was established as authentic after the Imam. They (these illustrious Fuqaha) can see which of the two Hadiths is more authentic, stronger and which of the two Hadiths is the later one so that the later one can be the Naasikh (abrogator) for the earlier one." (Hujjatullah alal Aalameen)

It should now be crystal clear to every unbiased person possessing the least degree of Aql (intelligence) that the statement: "When the Hadith is Sahih, it is my mathhab," is directed to an audience of illustrious Fuqaha who were masters and experts in ijtihad; who had embraced all sciences of the Shar'i Uoom; who were the Muqallideen of their Imams, who were the Huffaz of Hadith; who were experts of both narrational and rational (Manqool and Uqool) branches of knowledge; in short, who were 'Ulama and Fuqaha of the highest category, whose likes did not again appear on earth after them nor will appear again on earth until the Day of Qiyaaman because those illustrious Fuqaha were a Band of Muhaqqiqeen whom Allah Ta'ala had specially created to formulate and systematize the Shari'ah for posterity in such a manner that no mudhil (deviate who leads astray) can never hope to escape with his baatil interpolations and nafsaaniyat.

While the Illustrious Aimmah-e-Mujtahideen directed their command to their Students (Fuqaha and 'Ulama of the highest category),these half-baked and raw Salafi deviates direct the Aimma's statements to an audience of juhala-people who have yet to become adept in the basics of Tahaarat, Salaat, Sawm, etc.

Even the greatest Aalim alive today cannot avail himself of the statement of the Aimmah-e-Mujtahideen, leave alone the myriads of half-baked 'Ulama. The masses cannot even be considered in this regard. Here in this context, when we say "half-baked" we are referring to even the present day 'Ulama-e-Haqq whose duty is to safeguard the Shari'ah. Even these highly qualified 'Ulama of the present age are 'half-baked' and grossly under baked in relation to the giants and stars of the Shari'Uloom who strode the Firmament of Islamic Knowledge and Piety during the Quroon-e-Thalathah.
    The age for weighing the verdicts of the Aimmah-e-Mujtahideen against the Ahadith has long passed. It is downright silly and stupid for anyone in this age to run away with the puerile notion of having the ability to rectify, amend or refute any of the rulings of the Aimma-e-Mujtahideen. Any such amendment to any of the rulings of the Aimmah-e-Arba-ah was affected many centuries ago - a thousand years ago- by their great Students and Ashaab. Indeed the deviate Salafis are suffering from the disease of self-conceit and pride in their belief that "erroneous" fataawa of the Aimmah had remained undetected for the past thousand years and that it was only now in this age that a deviate like al-Baani acquired the "honor" to correct the "mistakes" of the great Imams of the mathhab.

It needs no deep wisdom to understand the reason for the Aimmah's directive to their Ashaab/Students to review their rulings on the Standard of the Sahih Hadith. The Shari'ah of Islam is the product of the Wahi. It is not the product of anyone's opinion, be he the greatest Faqeeh. In that early age of Islam, the Shari'ah had not yet been fully codified in chapter form and systemically reduced to writing and all the Ahadith had not been compiled. The age of Hadith compilation came much later. It was therefore likely that an Imam was not aware of all the Ahadith on a specific subject. He would issue his fatwa on the basis of all available Nusoos (Qur'anic ayat and Ahadith).However, when later he later was apprised of a Sahih Hadith which contradicted his fatwa, he would immediately review his ruling and if the authenticity and other relevant aspects of the Hadith were established, he would revoke his fatwa and issue a new fatwa.

Similarly, if the Sahih Hadith came to the attention of the Imam's Ashaab after the death of the Imam or in his absence, they would adopt the same process of review and amend their Imam's ruling in obedience to his command to do so. Thus the statement -"When the Hadith is Sahih, it is my mathhab," and similar other statements attributed to the Aimmah-e-Arba-ah, had their application during the age of ijtihad when the process of the formulation, codification and systemization of the Shari'ah was in progress. The authorities of the Shari'ah, viz., the Fuqaha-e-Mujtahideen, to whom the directive was issued by the Aimmah of the mathaa-hib, had already given expression to this command.

Thus these statements have outlived their utility and are no longer applicable for the simple reason that all the Sahih Ahadith have already been compiled 1250 years ago. Any reviewing which had to be done which completed 1250 years ago. The statements of the Aimmah in this regard have only historical importance, and cannot be considered any longer for practical expression. It is indeed ludicrous to run away with the assumption that for 1200 years any errors of the Aimmah Arbah remained undetected and a man like al-Baani of this age came to rectify such "errors."
    Intelligence
    While the masses lack higher Islamic Knowledge, they do possess a degree of natural intelligence by means of which they may discern truth. The discernment for distinguishing between truth and falsehood is inborn in the Muslim. He only has to be sincere and unbiased when hearing naseehat. He will then, with the aid of Allah Ta'ala, arrive at the avenue of guidance.

It should not be difficult for an unbiased Muslim to understand that it is not possible for thousands and thousands of "Ulama and Fuqaha to submit to the Aimmah of the four mathhabs for the past 1250 years if they were in error. If Taqleed was in conflict with the Qur'an and Sunnah, how could it have been possible for such a vast multitude of 'ulama and fuqaha to uphold this concept for all these centuries? Can it be possible that the entire 'Ummah was in darkness from the three early ages of Goodness (Quroon-e-Thalaatha) and a man like al-Baani of this present age be on the path of rectitude in his denunciation of the Taqleed of the Four Imams? Are the multitude of the Fuqaha who lived in the every age of Islam right or is the modernist Salafi sect of this age right? Consult your intelligence with sincerity and you will not fail to see the light of hidaayah.

Junior Member Array

Al-Albani Unveiled
    Some Observations about the Salafi/Wahhabi sect

Many of us who are practising Muslims or otherwise, are familiar with the epithet 'Wahhabi'. The founder of this sect was Muhammad ibn Abdal Wahhab (d. 1206 AH), from the Najd area of 'Saudi' Arabia. He is also known as Shaykh an-Najdi by his opponents and his followers have been labelled as either 'Najdi's' or 'Wahhabi's' by the Ahl al-Sunnah. He claimed to be a Hanbali in Fiqh. It is well known that he fully digested the aqeedah and ideas of Ibn Taymiyya. The scholars of his time warned the Muslims to be on their guard from accepting his 'reformatory' ideas; and this work is still existent among the scholars of the Ahl al-Sunnah even today. The neo- 'Salafi's' of today respect Ibn Abdal Wahhab quite highly by bestowing upon him such great titles like 'Shaykh al-Islam'. I do not want to say much about his movement and activities, but a few quotes from three well known scholars should suffice for now.

(1) The foremost Hanafi scholar of his time, Imam Muhammad Amin ibn Abidin (d. 1252/1836 Rahimahullah) said in his celebrated work Hashiyya radd al-Mukhtar (vol. 3, pg. 309): "In our time Ibn Abdal Wahhab (Najdi) appeared, and attacked the two noble sanctuaries (Makkah and Madinah). He claimed to be a Hanbali, but his thinking was such that only he alone was a Muslim, and everyone else was a polytheist! Under this guise, he said that killing the Ahl as-Sunnah was permissible, until Allah destroyed them (Wahhabi's) in the year 1233 AH by way of the Muslim army."

(2) Shaykh Zayni Dahlan (Rahimahullah) said in his book Futuhat al-Islamiyya (vol. 2, pg. 268): "The sign of the Khawarij (the first deviant sect that appeared in the time of the Companions) concerning the shaving of the head, was not found in the Khawarij of the past, but only in the Najdi's of our time!"

(3) Shaykh al-Islam Hussain Ahmad al-Madani (Rahimahullah) said in his book ash-Shihab as-saqib (pg. 42): "Ibn Abdal Wahhab arose in the beginning of the thirteenth Islamic century in the Najd. His thinking was false, and his beliefs were corruptional; on these grounds he opened the way for killing the Ahl as-Sunnah."

(4) A more contemporary view on the Wahhabite sect has been expressed by Abdal-Hakim Murad in the journal Islamica (pg. 9): "Ibn Abdal Wahhab, however, went far beyond this (i.e; of Ibn Taymiyya). Raised in the wastelands of Najd in Central Arabia, he had little access to mainstream Muslim scholarship (I say: This may be disputed by his supporters). In fact, when his da'wah appeared and became notorious, the scholars and muftis of the day applied to it the famous hadith of Najd: Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as saying: "Oh God, bless us in our Syria; O God, bless us in our Yemen." Those present said: "And in our Najd, O Messenger of God!" But he said, "O God, bless us in our Syria; O God, bless us in our Yemen." Those present said, "And in our Najd, O Messenger of God!" Ibn Umar said that he thought that he said on the third occasion: "Earthquakes and dissensions (fitnah) are there, and there shall arise the horn of the devil." (Sahih al-Bukhari). And it is significant that almost uniquely among the lands of Islam, Najd has never produced scholars of any repute.

The Najd-based da'wah of the Wahhabi's, however, began to be heard more loudly following the explosion of Saudi oil wealth. Many, even most, Islamic publishing houses in Cairo and Beirut are now subsidised by Wahhabi organisations, which prevent them from publishing traditional works on Sufism, and remove passages in other works considered unnacceptable to Wahhabist doctrine.

The neo-Kharijite nature of Wahhabism makes it intolerant of all other forms of Islamic expression. However, because it has no coherent fiqh of its own - it rejects the orthodox madhhabs - and has only the most basic and primitively anthropomorphic 'aqidah, it has a fluid, amoebalike tendency to produce divisions and subdivisions among those who profess it. No longer are the Islamic groups essentially united by a consistent madhhab and the Ash'ari 'aqidah (see later). Instead, they are all trying to derive the Shari'ah and the 'aqidah from the Qur'an and the Sunnah by themselves. The result is the appaling state of division and conflict which disfigures the modern salafi condition."

Another person who is a reference for today's neo-"Salafi's", is Muhammad ibn Ali al-Shawkani (d. 1250/1834). He was a leading scholar of the Zaydi (Shi'ah) sect found mainly in the Yemen. He claimed to have departed from his old Shi'ite ways and joined the Ahl al-Sunnah. He was attacked by the scholars of his day for saying Taqleed was completely haram, as well as other important issues. Some scholars had accused him of still holding on to his deviant Zaydiyyah-Mu'tazilite (rationalistic thinking that was propounded by one of the first deviant sects of Islam) thinking, while pretending to be within the fold of orthodox Sunni Islam; but Allah knows best! It is a well known fact that he denied the consensus of the Companions (Ijma as-Sahaba), as well as rejecting the validity of the Fatwa of a Companion! One may refer to Anwar Ahmad Qadri's book Islamic Jurisprudence in the Modern World (pg. 142) for a lenghthier discussion.

Many scholars have noticed the extreme tendencies within the "Salafiyya" sect around the world, for its lack of respect for the scholars of the four Madhhabs, its Aqeedah and some untenable juristic positions it has produced over a short period of Islam's history. The scholars have not been afraid of declaring the neo- "Salafi's" to be neo-Kharijites in their behaviour and attitude to other Muslims. Note, the scholars are not saying that the neo-"Salafi's" are Kharijites, but rather they seem to have certain traits which were only found amongst the Kharijites of the past. One of the most striking things I have noticed amongst these 'neo-Kharijites', is their direction of Qur'anic verses that were revealed specifically for the unbelievers, as referring to the believers who do not seem to have their way of thinking! This was a well known practise of the Kharijites of old; as we shall see below.

A well known scholar of the "Salafiyya", Dr. Yusuf al-Qardawi (who has himself been attacked by other members of the "Salafiyya", especially for holding some untenable positions in his book al-Halal wal Haram fil Islam) said in his book Islamic awakening between Rejection and Extremism (pg. 41-3): "Imam al-Shatibi (Rahimahullah) wrote (in his book al-I'tisam, 2. 182-4): 'Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) was right. When a person knows the reason behind a certain verse or surah, he knows how to interpret it and what its objectives are. However, ignorance of that leads people to misinterpret it and to have different opinions, without an insight and knowledge which could lead them to the truth, and prevent them from indulging ignorantly in such matters with no support or evidence from al Shari'ah, and therefore go astray and lead people astray. This can be demonstrated by what is reported by Ibn Wahab from Bakir who asked Nafi': What does Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) think of al-Haruriyyah (i.e; al-Khawarij who were also called al-Haruriyyah after the place -Harawra- where they gathered and were found by Ali ibn Abu Talib and the Companions of the Prophet [may Allah be pleased with them all] who supported him)? Nafi' answered: He thinks they are the most evil of people. They applied the verses which pertain to the kuffar on the believers.' (NB- Imam al-Bukhari has recorded Ibn Umar as saying in his Sahih [vol.9, pg.50; English edn]: These people (the Khawarij and heretics ) took some verses that had been revealed concerning the disbelievers and interpreted them as describing the believers ).

Al-Qardawi also said (pg. 42): One of the causes of such shallowness is that extremists never listen to people who hold different views (and I can personally testify to that), never accept any dialogue with them or imagine that their own views could be tested in the light of others, and may thereby be either accepted or rejected. Most of them have not been taught by reliable Muslim ulama who are specialised in the field. Rather, they have received semi-knowledge directly from books and newspapers without any opportunity for revision or discussion which could test the learner's understanding and analyze the depth of his knowledge. They simply read, 'understand', then deduce what they wish. However, their reading, understanding, and deduction may well be wrong or deficient. There might be someone somewhere who opposes their opinions on stronger and more valid bases, but they are not aware of that because nobody has drawn their attention to such a possibility. These devout young people have ignored the facts that if they want to study al Shari'ah, they must seek the help of reliable Muslim scholars. They cannot venture into this extensive and entangled discipline without the guidance of reliable Muslim scholars who can interpret and explain obscurities, define terms, and point out the relationships between the parts and the whole and also equate similarities. Those who venture into it alone will meet with the same catastrophic results which could certainly befall the unskilled swimmer who ventures into dangerous waters. Proper knowledge of al Shari'ah cannot be perfected without practice and close contact with the experts, especially in those areas where opinions diverge, evidences seem to contradict each other, and certain matters seem to be under suspicion. This is why our venerable 'ulama' have warned us not to seek to study and understand al Qur'an al Karim through a person who has only memorized it without any knowledge of its contents, nor to seek knowledge through a person who has acquired his own "knowledge" from reading newspapers and journals only, without being properly instructed by reputable and qualified scholars."

This topic began with a brief discussion on Taqleed and I would like to finish with the following two questions for you to ponder over. (A) Would it not be classified as being Taqleed if one were to accept the classifications of Hadiths, exegesis of the Qur'an etc; by a renowned Islamic scholar, if one was not to go back to the original sources which are used to authenticate the Hadith and so on? (For example, if a scholar claimed that a Hadith found in the Sunan of Imam Abu Dawood was Sahih and you accepted it as being Sahih - since you trust him, then are you not practising Taqleed; if you, yourself do not go back to the original sources used to classify the Hadith in question, since sometimes a Hadith classified to be Sahih by one scholar can be classified as being Da'eef by another!). (B) Is it not true that those who are calling for the abandonment of Taqleed, are calling for the Taqleed of their own books and speeches; hence creating their own little 'Madhhabs'?

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/alobs.htm