Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
    Member Array

Default What Should You Say After Reciting the Qurʾan?

What Should You Say After Reciting the Qurʾan?

In the hope of reviving an abandoned Sunnah and extinguishing an innovation which replaced that beloved Sunnah, we present to our readers the only authentic supplication to be said after reciting Qurʾan.

It is recommended to say the following supplication after reciting any portion of the Qurʾan:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللّٰهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، لا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ

Evidence:

ʿAyeshah [may Allah be pleased with her] said:

The Messenger of Allah would not sit in a sitting, nor recite Qurʾan nor pray a prayer except that he would end it with certain words. She said: So I said: O Messenger of Allah, I see that you do not sit in a sitting nor recite Qurʾan nor pray a prayer except that you end it with these words?

He [praise and security of Allah be upon him] said:

Yes, whoever said anything good, a seal is placed upon that good for him and whoever said any evil it is expiation for him:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللّٰهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، لا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ
    {O Allah, far removed are You from any imperfection and praise to You, there is none worthy of worship except You, I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You}.

Grading: Sahih

Al-Hafiz b. Hajr said in al-Nukat [2/733]:

Its isnad is sahih.

Al-Albani said in al-Sahihah [7/495] regarding al-Nasais narration:

This is also a sahih isnad on the condition of Muslim.

Sources: al-Nasāʿi in al-Sunan al-Kubra [9/123/10067], al-Samʿani in Adab al-Imlāʾ wa al-Istimlāʾ [p.75] and Ibn Naṣir al-Din in Khatimat Tawḍiḥ al-Mushtabih [9/282]
    Reference: http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=203147 [last accessed: 02.07.14]

Note:

So do not say "sadaqAllahul-ʿAzim" after reciting the Qurʾan as it is not authentically reported from the Prophet [may Allahs praise and security be upon him].

Member Array

But, from childhood, I have been hearing this "sadaqAllahul-ʿAzim". Its mean we committed sin???

Member Array

Waiting for your response ???

Member Array

There exists no evidence in the Shari`ah that makes it desirable to conclude recitation of the Qur’an by saying: Sadaqa Allahu Al-`Adhim. The Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent have a habit of making things up and following them as Sunnah or a habit of teaching and practicing things based on weak narrations while neglecting what is base don sahih narrations.

-------------

Saying Sadaqa Allahu Al-`Azhim (Allaah Almighty has spoken the truth) upon finishing recitation of the Qur'an

Habitual saying of Sadaqa Allahu Al-Azhim upon concluding recitation of the Glorious Qur'an is not supported by any proof in the Shari`ah (Islamic Law) and should, therefore, not be used as a common practice. It belongs to the category of Bid`ah particularly when someone believes it to be an act of Sunnah. Such a practice must be given up.

As for the Ayah which reads: "Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Allh has spoken the truth"; it has nothing to do with saying this expression. The Ayah simply means that the Prophet (peace be upon him) is commanded by Allah (Exalted be He) to make it clear to people that the revelations contained in the Tawrah (Torah), the Injil (Gospel) and all other heavenly revealed Scriptures are true.

By the same token, clear revelations contained in the Glorious Qur'an are true. However, this does not establish a proof for the desirability to conclude reading of some Ayahs or a certain Surah of the Qur'an by saying: Sadaqa Allahu Al-`Adhim. Neither the Prophet (peace be upon him) nor any of his Sahabah (Companions, may Allah be pleased with them) were authentically reported to have done such a practice. The Prophet once listened to Ibn Mas`ud reading Surah Al-Nisa'. Upon reaching the Ayah which reads:
    How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) as a witness against these people?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to him:
    "That is enough". Ibn Mas`ud said: "When I turned to him, I saw his eyes shedding tears." The Prophet (peace be upon him) was moved to tears because the Ayah reminded him of the great horror of the Day of Resurrection. The Ayah reads:

"How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) ...as a witness against these people ( i.e. The Muslim people.)"

In short, there exists no evidence in the Shari`ah that makes it desirable to conclude recitation of the Qur'an by saying: Sadaqa Allahu Al-`Adhim. This expression has to be left unsaid so that one would be following the example of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them). However, there is nothing wrong if someone happens to say this expression unintentionally. Since Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) always speaks the truth, this expression of Sadaqa Allahu Al-Azhim has to be thought of as an absolute expression which should not be limited to a given time, place, or situation. Therefore, habitual recitation of this expression whenever one finishes reading the Qur'an has no evidence in its support as has been early mentioned.

http://www.alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?languagename=en&View=Page&Page ID=1293&PageNo=1&BookID=14

See also, https://islamqa.info/en/10119

Member Array

Thank you, for helping for me.

Member Array

Guys visit this link: http://umrahexperts.co.uk/ramadan-umrah-packages.html

Umrah in Ramadan is equivalent to Hajj therefore, I am sharing this link and Ramadan is coming.