Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
    Member Array

Default Jewels to Remember

Whoever Sits With Ahlul Bidah Is Not Safe From One Of Three Affairs

Imaam Sufyaan Ath-thawri (rahimahullaah) said:

The one who sits with a person of innovation is not safe from one of three (affairs): "[1] Either he becomes a trial for other than himself; [2] Or something of (misguidance) falls into his heart, so he slips by way of that and Allaah enters him into the hell fire; [3] or he says: By Allaah, I don’t care what they say because I am sure of myself;” but whoever feels safe about his religion (without Allaah’s guidance, protection etc) in the twinkling of an eye, it will be snatched away from him."

[Source: البدع والنهي عنها of Ibn Wadaah page 54]

http://www.salaficentre.com/2014/03/...an-ath-thawri/

Member Array

The Most Beneficial Scholar

Ibnul Jawzi (rahimahullaah) said:

I met the Mashaayikh, their circumstances were different and their stations in knowledge varied. The most beneficial of them for me in companionship was the scholar who acted upon his knowledge, even though there were others more knowledgeable than him.

[Saydul Khaatir: Page:138]
    https://www.salaficentre.com/2016/12...rahimahullaah/

Senior Member Array

Be Mindful Of Oppressing Others

Even If You Use Influential Personalities As A Shield To Get Away With Your Crime!

Yazeed Ibn Hakeem (rahimahullaah) used to say:

"I have never feared anyone, more than my fear of a man whom I oppressed and I know that he had no helper except Allaah, and he says to me, "Allaah is sufficient for me, and between me and you is Allaah (i.e. Allaah will judge between us)."

[Source: Taken from a khutbah by Shaykh Husayn Aala-Shaykh on the aayah: حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

'Allaah is sufficient for us, and he is the best disposer of affairs
    (Quran 3:173]

https://www.salaficentre.com/2016/12...et-away-crime/

Senior Member Array

The Precious Remembrance

Written by ash-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen

“Alif Laam Meem This is the Book that contains no doubt, guidance for those who fear Allah. Those who believe in the unseen, who establish the daily prayers and spend from what We have provided them with. Those who believe in what was revealed to you and what was revealed to those before you, and they are filled with conviction concerning the hereafter. They are upon guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful.”
    [Soorat-ul-Baqarah: 1-5]

Abdullah bin Mas’ood- may Allah be pleased with him - and it has been ruled as being marfu’oo1 that he said:

“Whoever recites ten verses from Soorat-ul-Baqarah at night time the shaytaan will not enter the house that evening until the morning, (also) the first four verses of Soorat-ul-Baqarah, Aayat-ul-Kursee and the two verses after it, in addition to the three last verses of Soorat-ul-Baqarah beginning with:
    {…To Allah belongs what is in the heavens…} And in another narration: “…shaytaan or anything he dislikes will not come near him nor his family that day, and it is not recited over a mentally ill person except that he will recover from his illness.”

(1) Related by Imaam ad-Daarimee in his Sunan as #3382 and #3383

(1) T.N. Al-Khateeb (rahimahullah) said: “It is what has been narrated by a companion directly from the Messenger (may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)”. Al-Baa’eeth-ul-Hatheeth Page 54.

At-Tabaraanee related it in his Kabeer as #8673, and al-Haythamee said in his Majma’ (#17014): “The men of this narration are the narrators of the Saheeh except that ash-Sha’bee did not hear directly from Ibn Mas’oud.”