Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    islamirama.wordpress.com Array

Here Are All The Terror Attacks By White People Trump Has Ignored

BY DAN AREL - FEBRUARY 7, 2017

Speaking to troops Monday morning at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., President Donald Trump falsely accused the US media of covering up terrorist attacks inside the United States.

Trump told soldiers that “you’ve seen what happened in Paris and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening. It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons and you understand that.”

Trump, who has made it a point to attack the media almost every day since launching his campaign for the presidency chose not to elaborate on his claim that the US media is ignoring or covering up terrorist attacks.

To the contrary, Mr. Trump has seemingly made it a point to ignore all non-Muslim initiated terrorist attacks in North America and only seems to believe that attacks carried out by Muslims are worth mentioning.

Here are five recent attacks that Trump has managed to completely ignore.

1. The Quebec Mosque Shooting

Only nine days into his presidency a mosque in Quebec was attacked by Alexandre Bissonnette, a white male who by all accounts was a vocal Trump supporter. Bissonnette walked into the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City and opened fire, killing six people and injuring 19 others.

Trump has yet to say a single thing about the shooting. The administration only went as far as to mistakingly blame a Muslim for the shooting and using it as justification for the Muslim travel ban, which was signed the same night as the attack.

2. The Colorado Planned Parenthood Shooting

On November 27, 2015, four months into Trump’s campaign, Robert Deer walked into a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, Colorado and shot and killed two civilians and a police officer. He also injured five officers and four civilians.

Deer was quoted as saying “no more body parts” in reference to the doctored Planned Parenthood footage that trying to claim the women’s health clinic was selling aborted baby fetuses for a profit.

Trump remained silent during the whole ordeal in which the videos were linked to the shooting and other Republican politicians doubled down on the authenticity of the video.

3. A Mosque Attack in Texas

The same night a shooter killed six people in Quebec, a mosque in Victoria, Texas was set ablaze and burned to the ground. Like the attack in Quebec, the attack on Muslims was not important enough to garner a response from the president.

This was the second attack against an Islamic place of worship only hours after Trump signed the executive order banning Muslims from seven countries from entering the United States.

4. Kansas Apartment Bombing Plot

Three men in Kansas are facing domestic terrorism charges after federal agents thwarted a plan to blow up an apartment complex with vehicles packed with explosives, in October 2016. The complex was home to around 120 Somali immigrants. One of the complex units served a mosque for the residents.

Like other attacks carried out by white men, this attempted attack went unmentioned by Trump while on the campaign trail.

video 1: https://safeshare.tv/x/fvl3T9fFLoc
    video 2: https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...6997115108464/

5. Neo-Nazi Plans MLK Day Bombing

In Seattle, Kevin William Harpham, who is believed to have close ties to a neo-Nazi group, was charged with planning to bomb the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in Spokane. Police found a backpack packed with explosives in the parade route and were able to trace it back to Harpham.

Again, Trump remained silent on this non-Islamic terrorist plot. It’s obvious to anyone that it is not the media covering up or not reporting on these terrorist attacks or plots, but the president himself who is ignoring any attack not carried out by a Muslim.

If the media is guilty of any underreporting it is that of not covering the countless civilians killed each year in attacks in Iraq, Pakistan, or Lebanon to name a few.

Trump’s administration, however, is not focused on these attacks and instead are trying to stir up anti-Muslim bigotry. They have made up attacks such as the Bowling Green Massacre to continue stroking the fears of the American people as lawyers for the Justice Department are set to defend his Muslim ban in court on Tuesday. He has since removed white supremacists from terror watch lists, attempting to paint the phenomenon as solely a Muslim problem and giving free rein to the Klansmen and neo-Nazis who are eager to bring violence to minorities.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/0...ump-ignored-2/

White Terrorists hang Muslim teen in woods

A Lake Stevens family is asking the FBI to investigate the death of their teenage son. The young man, an African-American Muslim, was found hanged in the woods. The circumstances surrounding his death remain unclear.

Ben Keita was 18 years old. In November he was reported missing. He left without his car, wallet or phone.

Ibrahima Keita describes his son Ben as a happy, generous young man with plans for his life.

“He was planning to graduate this year from Lake Stevens High School,” said Keita. “He was already in the Running Start program at Everett Community College and he was dreaming of becoming a medical doctor and work as a medical examiner. Now those dreams are over.”

More than a month after his disappearance, Ben Keita’s body was found in the woods near the neighborhood.

Initially the case was ruled a suicide, but the Snohomish County Medical Examiner later changed the classification to undetermined.

Ibrahima Keita said his son has no history of mental illness. “No history of depression, anxiety, any psychological break down at all, so he was a very young, happy young man.”

The Keita family is asking the public to come forward with information that could help investigators.

Arsalan Bukhari of the Council on Islamic American Relations, or CAIR-Washington, has also asked the FBI to step in and thoroughly investigate the case.

“We want to make sure that the expertise, the experience, and the human resources of the FBI are brought in to make sure that everything is comprehensively investigated, no stone is left unturned and we really want to get answers about what may have happened,” said Bukhari.

In a statement, the FBI says it’s reviewing the Keita case. If warranted, it may conduct further investigation.

http://kuow.org/post/muslim-teen-fou...-seeks-answers

comments:

The white terrorists have returned back to their KKK days of lynching black men....and this time Muslim men. Trump has taken steps to "erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism program".

wonder why? ...

I'm a former neo-Nazi. Don't ignore the threat of white extremism.

by Matteen Mokalla - Feb 27, 2017

Bomb threats against Jewish community centers across the country. The desecration of headstones at a Jewish cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri.

For Christian Picciolini, these recent incidents are not necessarily surprising. He’s at the forefront of warning Americans against the growing threat from white nationalists.

What makes Picciolini’s insight into these individuals so compelling is that he used to be one.

When he was only 14, Picciolini was recruited by Clark Martell, a prominent neo-Nazi skinhead leader. By age 18, Picciolini was leading America’s first neo-Nazi skinhead gang and helping to recruit and organize cells across the country.

Picciolini worked to soften the neo-Nazis’ external image and political language to attract individuals who would otherwise not have been willing to join the movement.

Picciolini began his transformation from neo-Nazi to anti-hate advocate in his late teens.

“Having my child when I was 19 years old and being married was a powerful catalyst for me because I finally had something to love,” he said.

In 2010 he co-founded Life After Hate, a not-for-profit organization dedicating to fighting racism and violent extremism. Five years later he published his memoirs of his time in the neo-Nazi movement, Romantic Violence: Memoirs of an American Skinhead.

He recently sat down with me to talk about how he joined and left the neo-Nazi movement. In our conversation, Picciolini also explained why the American public should be as alarmed about white extremism as they are about Islamic radicals.

Matteen Mokalla

What was it about your early life that made you so susceptible to white supremacist views?

Christian Picciolini

I wasn't raised a racist. My parents were often victims of prejudice because they were Italian immigrants. So it wasn't a foundation of who I was. But what I was searching for, just like every young person who is vulnerable searches for, identity and community and a sense of purpose. [Clark Martell] gave that to me when I felt very powerless. And the racism actually came later.

My neighborhood was changing, and he was able to use those instances of crime to focus my purpose. He made me learn how to hate people — people that I didn't even know, people that I never communicated with. I was taught to go against them because it was an us-against-them mentality, and if I didn't protect myself, my race would die.

Matteen Mokalla

The Trump administration has made it clear that it will focus on countering Islamist terrorism. Reports indicate it will put far less resources into monitoring white extremism. Is this a mistake in your view?

Christian Picciolini

In prior administrations, the government has supported the fight against white extremism. They've recognized the threat in our own borders. But some of those policies might change — I think that's a mistake.

Not only is that denying that we have a problem with our own borders, but it's also marginalizing other people, Muslims specifically, telling them that they're the problem. That we need to infiltrate their communities. And that's not what countering violent extremism is about. It's about being community-led and having the communities really work with the people they know the best to help understand and provide the services that they need. And if you remove white extremism from the focus of terrorism and counterterrorism, we're only setting ourselves up for failure because we'll only embolden that side. And it will only marginalize the others.

Matteen Mokalla

There is a sense among some that white nationalist violence is underreported in this country. Do you share this feeling too?

Christian Picciolini

White violence and white extremism often goes underreported. One incident in particular was in Las Vegas, where two police officers were executed and then draped with the flag that represented their militia group.

Sometimes we blame it on mental illness or the work of a lone wolf. But this is an ideological threat that runs deep within these groups in our country. And if we don't start calling it terrorism like it is, it won't get the attention that it needs to be combated.
    Matteen Mokalla

There has been a shift in the imagery and language of white nationalists over the years. What are some of the messaging tactics these groups are using these days?

Christian Picciolini

The imagery of white supremacy has changed over the last three decades. It’s gone from what you would consider your normal racist, who might be a skinhead with tattoos or a Klansman wearing a robe and a hood, to something that's more mainstream: suits and ties, fashionable haircuts, and clothes that would never identify them as neo-Nazis until they open their mouths.

That was a concerted effort because we knew that we were turning people away who we could eventually have on our side. And now we're seeing the suits and the ties. And we're seeing people go to universities and spread their messages on campuses. And we're seeing people join law enforcement and run for office.
    They know, if they take away the edge, if they take away the things that turn most people off, even if they're racist, they can attract more people. Because now they're appealing to the grievance the people have and they're using us against them narrative to really spread racism. And most people that fall into this camp don't even know that.

When they're being xenophobic and they're talking about Muslims being the enemy, they don't really understand because maybe they've never really interacted with these people. They've never had a dialogue with these people. But they believe the propaganda and lies that are out there. And that's all fear tactics.

Matteen Mokalla

What about the phrase “Make America great again” — do you see that as coded language?

Christian Picciolini

These days with our political climate, we see a lot of coded language or dog whistles, the use of star of David, when talking about politicians. We hear terms like “liberal media,” when in fact what they are talking about is Jewish media. We used to say that the Jews controlled the media, and now they've just massaged the phrase to call it “liberal media.”

"Make America great again?" Well, to them, it means make America white again. And I'm not ready to let that happen, because America is for everybody.

Matteen Mokalla

What exactly is the “white paradise” that white nationalists promise today and that many years ago brought you into the movement?

Christian Picciolini

White nationalists, just like any other extremist groups, promise paradise. They promise that the problems of crime and the problems of white genocide are going to go away. And that you come from a very white noble cause and that your culture is worth protecting.

The problem is that nobody is trying to take that away from you. The promise they make you is false because there is no “us against them.” We're here on this world together to work together. And in fact, America was based with its greatest import being immigrants. So there is no problem.

The only problems they have are the ones that they inflate with propaganda, with fake news. Where they teach you that blacks commit more crimes against white people or that Jews control the media and the finance system.

These are all conspiracy theories; there's no basis in truth. I know this because I helped create those lies from the beginning. I helped spread them, and ultimately I believed them myself. And I infected that lie to other people that were innocent, and even 20 years later, after I left the movement, I'm still pulling up the weeds from all those seeds of hate that I planted. That’s why I have dedicated the last 20 years of my life to help eradicate racism.

http://www.vox.com/videos/2017/2/27/...ism-picciolini

Neo-Nazi Brit who thought Adolf Hitler was 'God' and posed with knife by Union Jack jailed under terror laws

Sean Creighton admitted a terror offence after he posted a stream of vile Islamophobic, homophobic, racist and anti-Semitic rants on social media

BY JAMIE BULLEN - 23 FEB 2017

A neo-Nazi extremist who idolised Adolf Hitler as his "God" has been jailed for five years under terror laws after he posted racist rants on social media.

Sean Creighton, 45, of Enfield, north London, made a vile stream of Islamophobic, homophobic and anti-Semitic calls to arms and kept a "white resistance" manual that could be used by terrorists.

In one example, he posted an image of Adolf Hitler with the message "kill the Muslims" while another included a picture of a gun alongside a Swastika with the words "Jews prepare to die".

Creighton was snared by Met Police counter terrorism detectives after a picture emerged of a man armed with an assault rifle standing in front of a Nazi flag.

Photographs also showed Nazi tattoos inked on his chest and him armed with a knife in front of the Union Jack.

Kingston Crown Court heard he told police he was "a bit of a hater who hated for the people" as he declared his admiration to Hitler.

Prosecutor Jonathan Sandiford told the court: "The defendant was a committed racist, a member of the National Front."

"He was enthralled by Nazism and Adolf Hitler, whom he told police in his interviews was his God."

Creighton was also found in possession of an electronic document entitled "White Resistance Manual 2.4", which contains details of shotguns, improvised weapons and explosives, and harassment.

Mr Sandford described it as a complete guide on how to prepare for and conduct a terrorist campaign".

Authors of the document said they want to exacerbate existing tensions, to smash Jewish power and influence, destroy the legitimacy of government and punish white people who have committed acts of treason against their own people.

Creighton pleaded guilty to eight offences, including a charge of collecting information which could be useful to someone committing or preparing terror acts.

He also admitted six counts of publishing or distributing materials that were likely to stir up racial hatred and a further count of possession of racially inflammatory materials.

The court was told that Creighton's actions showed links to and support for various groups such as neo-Nazi organisation Combat 18, National Action and Aryan Strikeforce.

He also posted images designed to stir hatred of sexual orientation and "threatening" pictures of a man brandishing a rifle in front of a black child.

The court heard Creighton considered his material, posted to his 692 followers, was "harmless" because he was contacting those with similar views.

On Thursday he was jailed for five years.

Sue Hemming, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "Sean Creighton's crimes are indicative of a man who thought that his online anonymity meant that he could get away with stirring up hatred of all kinds.

"Those who seek to stir up hatred between communities, particularly where that hatred is combined with dangerous terrorist ideologies, should understand they will be prosecuted."

Commander Dean Haydon, of the Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are as committed to apprehending and prosecuting far-right extremists who commit terrorist offences and promote hatred as we are those who support and promote Isis.

"Both are intent on destroying communities and pose a real risk if they are allowed to continue."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hought-9904636

White Supremacists Step Up Recruiting on Campus, Report Says

MARCH 6, 2017

At Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., a printer, suspected to have been hacked, spurted out anti-Semitic fliers in January.

At Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Mich., an Adolf Hitler-themed Valentine’s Day card, unauthorized by the school’s College Republicans, made its way into a bag at one of the group’s meetings in February.

And at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, a vendor was discovered to be selling items with swastika symbols before being asked to leave.

The three episodes are among more than 100 since the school year started in September that the Anti-Defamation League lists in a new report tracking efforts by white supremacists to recruit students on college campuses.

Most of the events — 65 of them — have occurred since January, the report found.

Jonathan A. Greenblatt, the chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, said in a telephone interview on Monday that hate groups have increased their presence at colleges through visits, rallies, speeches and alt-right online spaces. However, the seemingly antiquated approach of distributing fliers, often touting messages of white supremacy, has been a focus for increasing their physical presence on campuses.

“Fliers allow them to not only recruit but get public attention,” Mr. Greenblatt said, adding, “it’s not only part of the way they can identify sympathizers but terrorize marginalized communities.

“Social media allows them to go to very targeted audiences in specific ways. Fliers starting to show up saying that any one of these organizations is here and present will not only raise eyebrows but I think really heighten concerns among organizations of students and that’s what they want.”

The fliers have been a common tactic for hate groups, one that allows them to spread their message without requiring many resources or much energy and that allows for a level of anonymity.

According to the report, racist, anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim fliers have been spotted in 32 states at 66 campuses since September. The list included a speaking engagement in December by the white nationalist leader Richard Spencer. The appearance, at Texas A&M University in College Station, ended in violent protests.

The report identified several groups, including Identity Evropa, American Vanguard and American Renaissance, that have made concerted efforts to distribute fliers on campuses. Identity Evropa and American Vanguard were both founded in 2016, it said.

Mr. Greenblatt said the groups were emboldened by a sort of middle-of-the-road acceptance in recent months.

“In a political environment where white supremacists have felt more welcome than any time in recent memory, we saw them move from their margins to the mainstream,” Mr. Greenblatt said. “We saw their language and images really penetrate the political process and to a large degree the public conversation,” he said, adding, “so what we see is people like Richard Spencer and other organizations try to exploit this newfound idea of legitimacy to grow their ranks.”

At Vanderbilt, meanwhile, officials condemned the anti-Semitic fliers that appeared in January, said they would not tolerate any effort to intimidate any members of the campus community, and encouraged people to report such incidents to the authorities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/u...RecEngine&_r=1

One in three terror suspects in UK now white amid rise in far-right extremism

It presents 'growing challenge', says a senior security researcher

A record number of white people were arrested last year on suspicion of terrorism, amid a rise in far-right extremism.

Official statistics show that 91 out of a total 260 people held on suspicion of terrorism offences were white - a rise of 20 from 2015 and the highest number since 2003.

White suspects made up 35 per cent – or one in three – of all terror related arrests in 2016, compared with 25 per cent in 2015.

The rise contrasts with a fall in arrests across all other ethnic groups. Although they still made up the largest ethnic group for arrests, the largest drop was among Asian people, which fell 24 to 125 arrests in 2016.

Shashank Joshi, a senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) security think tank, said: “It's clear that there is a growing challenge from far-right extremist individuals and groups.

“At the last count, one in ten Prevent referrals and one in four Channel referrals were linked to the far-right.”

Authorities have warned there were signs that the threat from the far-right could be growing after the conviction of Thomas Mair for the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox.

The Government's Prevent and Channel programmes are handling a rising number of referrals linked to far-right extremism.

Counter-terrorism police have said that while the threat is not of the same gravity as that posed by Islamic State or al Qaeda, there are extreme right-wing groups attempting to spark violence

In contrast, arrests for "domestic" terrorism more than doubled from 15 to 35, accounting for around one in eight arrests. Domestic terrorism refers to activity where there are no links to either Northern Ireland-related or international terrorism.

Earlier this week it was revealed that UK security services had foiled 13 potential attacks in less than four years, while counter-terror units were running more than 500 investigations at any time.

The official threat level for international terrorism has been at severe, meaning an attack is "highly likely", for more than two years.

Security minister Ben Wallace said: "We are determined to detect, disrupt and where possible prosecute all those who pose a threat to the UK. The figures released today once again highlight the hard work carried out by the police, Security Service and Crown Prosecution Service day in and day out to keep the people of this country safe."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7623931.html

White supremacism is ready to roar

White supremacism was never banished from American political thought, just shoved to the fringe and hushed to a whisper. Now, in the Age of Trump, it’s back in the mainstream and ready to roar.

Witness the words of Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) on the subject of immigration: “Culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” King offered these sentiments Sunday in a tweet expressing solidarity with Geert Wilders, an openly racist and Islamophobic Dutch politician who has a chance of becoming prime minister in elections this week. Wilders is someone who “understands,” King wrote.

And we understand just what King meant. Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke certainly got the message, using his vile Twitter account to proclaim, “GOD BLESS STEVE KING!!!”

Just so there’s no confusion, King went on CNN Monday to say that “I meant exactly what I said.” He added: “I’ve been to Europe and I’ve spoken on this issue and I’ve said the same thing as far as 10 years ago to the German people and any population of people that is a declining population that isn’t willing to have enough babies to reproduce themselves. I’ve said to them, ‘You can’t rebuild your civilization with somebody else’s babies. You’ve got to keep your birthrate up and you need to teach your children your values.”

Why am I hearing faint strains of “Deutschland über alles”? And why am I not hearing a loud chorus of condemnation from King’s Republican colleagues?

King told CNN that he is merely “a champion for Western civilization,” which he called “a superior civilization.” Which means, of course, that he considers other civilizations inferior. But we knew that.

After all, King has a history of inflammatory immigrant-bashing. In 2013, he said that for every undocumented immigrant who becomes a valedictorian, “there’s another hundred out there that — they weigh 130 pounds, and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”

And as for race, a guy from Iowa who keeps a Confederate battle flag on his desk is definitely sending some kind of message. He tried unsuccessfully to block the federal government’s plans to remove Andrew Jackson’s image from the $20 bill and replace it with that of Harriet Tubman. King says he is proud that some of his ancestors were abolitionists. One wonders whether he knows what the word means.

We should pay attention to his lexicon, however, because today’s white supremacism tends to shy away from overtly racial terminology. Listen instead for words such as “culture” and “civilization.”

The idea is that the United States is the land of the free and the home of the brave because its “civilization” is “European” or “Western” — euphemisms, basically, for “white.” According to this view, immigrants have been assets to the country only to the extent that they have fully assimilated into the dominant culture. And while previous waves of immigrants may have become part of the fabric of our society, recent Latino immigrants are not blending in. And as for Muslims, well, forget about it; the Constitution may forbid the establishment of any official religion, but our civilization is resolutely Christian. African Americans are okay so long as they accept the foregoing as true — and do not assert any sort of distinct African American identity.

I think that’s a fair reading of modern white-supremacist doctrine. Of course, it’s a bunch of racist, ahistorical claptrap.

Immigrants — both voluntary and involuntary — have shaped this nation since long before its founding. The first Africans were brought here in bondage in 1619, one year before the Mayflower. Americans have never been a single ethnicity, speaking a single language, bound by the centuries to a single patch of land. We have always been diverse, polyglot and restless, and our greatness has come from our openness to new people and new ideas.

King’s distress about birthrates can be read only as modern-day eugenics. If he is worried about the coming day when there is no white majority in the United States, he has remarkably little faith in our remarkable society — or in the Constitution that he, as a member of Congress, is sworn to support and defend.

President Trump played footsie with the white supremacist movement during his campaign. His chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, waged civilizational war when he ran the Breitbart News site. Trump could definitively denounce King’s racism with a statement or a tweet, but so far his silence is deafening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.b1af4e8a40c3

White man traveled to New York to kill black men and 'make a statement,' police say

By Mark Berman - March 23, 2017

A white man from Maryland who told police he traveled to New York to kill black men
    turned himself in on Wednesday, about 24 hours after he fatally stabbed a man he encountered on the street, officials said.

Authorities described the suspected attacker as someone who had long harbored feelings of hatred toward black men before violently acting on them this week. Police said he carried out the attack in a way that intended to draw attention.

"The reason why he picked New York is 'cause it's the media capital of the world," said William Aubry, assistant chief of the New York City Police Department. "And he wanted to make a statement."

New York police said they charged James Harris Jackson, 28, with murder.
    Police said Jackson encountered 66-year-old Timothy Caughman shortly after 11 p.m. on Monday and stabbed him multiple times. Caughman went to a police precinct for help and was brought to Bellevue Hospital, where he died, police said.

Early Wednesday morning, a little more than 24 hours after the attack, Jackson walked into the police substation in Times Square and announced that he was wanted for murder.

"'I'm the person you're looking for,'" Jackson told the patrol officers there, Aubry said at a briefing later Wednesday.

Jackson also told them he had knives in his pockets, and police searched him and took him into custody, Aubry said. Police recovered what Aubry called a 26-inch "black mini-sword," which he said police believe is the weapon used to stab Caughman in the back.

The attack is "extremely distressing," James P. O'Neill, the New York City police commissioner, said at the same briefing.

Police gave few details of Jackson's background on Wednesday, identifying him only as a Baltimore resident and military veteran. Jackson was in the Army for more than three years, deploying to Afghanistan between December 2010 and November 2011, according to Lt. Col. Jennifer Johnson, an Army spokesperson. His service record did not include any badges reflecting combat interaction with any enemy during that time. Jackson served as a military intelligence analyst and left the service in August 2012 with the rank of specialist.

Jackson's arraigned was still pending Thursday afternoon, and it was not immediately clear from court dockets whether he had an attorney.

Baltimore police said they do not have records of any interactions with Jackson, and his name did not appear in a search of Maryland court records. Authorities also said that Jackson traveled to New York from Baltimore on a Bolt Bus on Friday, staying at a hotel in midtown until Monday afternoon, at which point "he proceeded to wander through the city," Aubry said.

Aubry said the initial investigation gave detectives little question about what prompted the stabbing.

"Based on statements that he made as well as a preliminary review of video, it reveals that the attack on Timothy Caughman was clearly racially motivated," he said. Aubry went on to say that Jackson "was specifically intending to target male blacks for assault."

While Aubry did not elaborate on what Jackson said to police about what motivated the stabbing, he did say that Jackson "has been harboring these types of feelings for quite some time," adding: "It's well over 10 years that he's been harboring these feelings of hate towards male blacks."

Public officials decried the stabbing as an act of racial hatred. New York Mayor bill de Blasio (D) issued a statement calling the attack "more than an unspeakable human tragedy" and an assault on the city's "inclusiveness and our diversity."

"Now it's our collective responsibility to speak clearly and forcefully in the face of intolerance and violence - here or across the country," he said. "We are a safe city because we are inclusive. We are a nation of unrivaled strength because we are diverse. No act of violence can undermine who we are."

Melissa Mark-Viverito (D), speaker of the New York City Council, called Jackson a white supremacist. She also tied the attack to a recent spike in reports of hate crimes both in the city and nationwide and invoked the election of President Trump, saying in a statement that the attack highlighted a growing divide that he "has only made worse."

In a statement Thursday, New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) said he was appalled by the stabbing and said his administration had "zero tolerance for hate crimes of any kind."

"We will not allow the forces of racism and hate to intimidate or divide us," Cuomo said. "Let me be very clear: This disturbing act of violence goes against everything New York stands for. Not only must we repudiate this attack, but we must continue to deny that the ideas behind this cowardly crime have any place in democratic society."

Officials say they are looking into Jackson's background, relatives and his social media history, and detectives traveled to Maryland to speak with people there. Police said they have not found many interactions with law enforcement. New York police are working with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office to see if they can upgrade the charges against Jackson to include that it was motivated by hate or racism, Aubry said.

Jackson "was very forthcoming" with detectives and "knew what he was doing when he came up here," Aubry said.

Aubry said the stabbing appeared to be random, saying that Caughman "happened to be going through garbage on the sidewalk, and he happened to be the unfortunate one" who Jackson encountered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ent-police-say

comments:

White terrorist goes out to killing blacks with a sword and they wont' even charge him with a hate crime. If it was black man then it would've been a hate crime and if it was a Muslim then it would've been terrorism.... the rest of the whites would've been up in arms over this but since it's a white guy you won't here a peep out of the whites.

US College Students On Spring Break in Mexico Chant ‘Build The Wall!

21 Mar 2017

Twitter users blasted the hypocrisy of wanting to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, while at the same time vacationing in Mexico.

As the Trump administration continues to peddle its vision of expanding the U.S.-Mexico border wall, U.S. citizens spending spring break in Cancun took to chanting "Build that wall!" while on vacation there.

As reported in an editorial in the Yucatan Times, a local Mexican outlet, a young couple on their honeymoon witnessed the chant while aboard the cruise ship "Pirate Ship," which sailed out from Puerto Juarez last week.

"Today I was with Suly, my wife (who is a native of Mexico), watching an entertainment show off the coast of Cancun aboard a boat, and at the end of the show, a flock of Americans (maybe under the influence of alcohol, or maybe not), began to sing the infamous 'Build that wall' chant louder and louder," Anaximandro Amable, a Peruvian native, wrote on Facebook.

The chant was often shouted by U.S. President Donald Trump's supporters backing him on his campaign trail whenever he mentioned the border wall expansion. It is still chanted now by these supporters.

"This situation is far from being an isolated incident, and it adds to the growing number of complaints from tourism sector workers, who point out that in recent days many Spring Breakers have been offensive, rude and haughty towards Mexican people
    ," wrote the Yucatan Times in its editorial.

Many on Twitter took to blasting the hypocrisy of wanting to build a wall to keep Mexicans out, while at the same time vacationing in Mexico.

This comes just weeks after the U.S. State Department is warning college students not to go to certain parts of Mexico for spring break vacation. The Department reports some areas are too dangerous for Americans because of crime. Those areas include Baja California which boasts the popular spring break destination Tijuana and Cabo San Lucas.

http://thetruther.us/blog/2017/03/21...uild-the-wall/

Call white supremacist violence by its name: Terrorism

By Sherrilyn Ifill - March 26, 2017

This week a 28-year-old white supremacist traveled to New York for the express purpose of killing a black man. Any black man.
    Within hours, Timothy Caughman, a black man from Queens, stumbled to a midtown police station bleeding. He had been stabbed, ultimately fatally, with a 26-inch sword. "What are you doing?" Caughman had asked his assailant.

James Harris Jackson gave police officers his answer: He hates black men and has since his youth. His plan was to kill more people than Caughman. He considered taking an officers' gun and shooting more black men.

The tragic killing of Timothy Caughman is a heinous hate crime. It is also an act of domestic terrorism. And it matters that we begin to name white supremacist murders in this way.

His crime bears eerie similarity to that of Dylann Roof, who committed mass murder in Emanuel AME Church in April 2015. Like Roof, Jackson chose the location for his alleged crime to heighten the public significance of his act. New York, Jackson told police, was ideal because it is the "media capital" of the country. Roof, who lived in North Carolina, chose Emanuel Baptist in Charleston, South Carolina, after he learned about the historic significance of the church. Jackson claims to have left a manifesto, like Roof, on his computer, which he says will "explain" his actions.

Crimes like these certainly seem to be acts of terrorism, but our federal terrorism law doesn't account for prosecution of true homegrown terrorism, that which comes from Americans, against Americans, and without foreign influence.

Of course, Dylann Roof was convicted of murder and is the first federal hate crime defendant sentenced to death in federal court, although many family members of his victims opposed the death penalty. And James Jackson has been charged with second-degree murder in New York and faces decades in prison. The District Attorney's Office has indicated it is considering classifying Jackson's alleged acts as terrorism under state law, which would make him eligible to be charged with first-degree murder, carrying the possibility of life in prison.

The terrorism designation is significant,
    not only because of the possible sentence. Even if he is convicted of second-degree murder, Jackson will be imprisoned for a very long time. The designation is significant because it properly recognizes the way in which African-American and other minority communities can be victims of white supremacist terrorism within the United States.

This failure to establish a federal penalty for domestic terrorism has historical roots as well.

Lynching
    -- the indiscriminate killing of (mostly) black people in the American South during the late 19th and 20th centuries by hanging, burning, dragging, drowning and shooting -- unleashed a wave of terror in African-American communities. The randomness and brutality of the violence was central to the way in which it spread terror. Black victims were lynched for any reason at all: failing to tip one's hat, insisting on repayment of a debt, false charges of rape or murder, and even being too prosperous.

The public nature of the crime was also deliberate. Lynchings were "message" crimes, designed not just to harm the individual but also to let all African-Americans in the community that they were not full citizens. Thus lynching, as with all forms of terrorism, differs from other violent crimes in that it is designed to intimidate particular groups and to use fear to make citizens complicit in limiting their own freedoms.

Throughout the first half of the 20th century, civil rights activists fought to pass a federal anti-lynching law. Those efforts were unsuccessful, a shameful history for which the United States Senate apologized in 2006. State law enforcement and prosecutors almost never arrested or prosecuted lynchers -- certainly not for murder -- and thus the impunity with which perpetrators could commit these crimes became part of the terror as well.

Understanding the ideological forces that promote violent extremism is essential to developing strategies to prevent future killers from carrying out their plans. In addition, properly designating white supremacist acts of terror could provide the proper law enforcement lens from which to investigate these cases.

Most of all, designating these crimes as terrorism sends a message to vulnerable communities that their fears are understood, and that violent white supremacy is recognized as a threat to American security as well as to individual victims.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/26/opinio...ion/index.html

White supremacist asks Muslim lawyer why there is no 'Christian ISIS,' gets schooled.

Qasim Rashid, a lawyer in Washington, D.C., went viral on Sunday for giving a white supremacist—and the internet—a much-needed history lesson.

Rashid gets harassed on the internet by anti-Muslim a-holes on the regular. One of them, who was likely quite proud of this "hot take," asked him "Where's the Christian version of ISIS and every other religion then?"

Rashid replied with thousands of years of receipts known as World History.

That's right, racist. Troll not lest ye be trolled.

Rashid was generous to take the time to educate the racist schmuck, and the post received over 5,600 retweets, with one commenter even adding, "[I] need my ignorant grandma to see this."

The reply has received the endorsement of Christians.

Luke @TheologicalDino
    I am a pastor and i approve this message https://twitter.com/muslimiq/statu

Dan Rosado @_danielrosado
    To my fellow Christians, own this: https://twitter.com/muslimiq/status/848744792481824770 …

Every religion has extremists, and extremists have more in common with each other than they do with the common people of their faith.

While a white supremacist is likely to view every other type of religious violence as "alternative facts," when truth matters again, this tweet should be studied in history classes.

https://www.someecards.com/news/poli...uslim-history/

Former Neo-Nazi Says It’s On White People To Fight White Supremacy

“White people need to solve the problem of white supremacy.”

04/24/2017

As a 14-year-old in 1980s Chicago, Christian Picciolini was ripe for recruitment into a hate group: He was bullied, didn’t have a lot of friends and felt “abandoned” by his Italian immigrant parents who worked long hours.

One day, when he was standing in an alley smoking a joint, a car pulled up, and a man with a shaved head came out, pulled the joint out of his mouth and said:

“Don’t you know that’s what the Jews and the Communists want you to do to keep you docile?”

That man was Clark Martell, a national leader of the white supremacist skinhead movement. Martell’s history of violence, according to a 1989 Chicago Tribune article, included targeting LGBTQ people and people of color. He once attempted to burn down the house of a Latino family.

Picciolini was recruited into Martell’s neo-Nazi skinhead group in 1987, and when Martell ended up in prison a couple of years later, Picciolini took the helm.

“He made me feel powerful when I felt powerless, gave me family and a sense of purpose,” Picciolini told HuffPost. “I was a nobody kid people picked on for having a funny name ― and [a few years later] I was respected and powerful.”

“False power and false respect,” Picciolini added.

After having children, which Picciolini says challenged his “notions of identity, community and purpose,” he left the hate group in 1995.

Over a decade later, in 2009, he co-founded Life After Hate, a small nonprofit run entirely by former members of America’s radical far-right, dedicated to supporting those who have left, or are seeking to leave, hate groups in the U.S.

It’s the only organization of its kind in the country ― and it’s up against a growing problem: The number of hate groups in the U.S. has doubled in the last 10 to 15 years, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, and around 80 percent of those groups advocate white supremacist beliefs.

“People come to us because they know that we won’t judge them.”

Leaving a hate group isn’t easy. When a woman left his neo-Nazi group in 1989, Martell viciously beat her, according to the Tribune. He reportedly kicked her in the face and drew a swastika on the wall of her home in her blood. He was later arrested and sent to prison.

Life After Hate helps those who have left or are trying to leave extremism behind by providing them with an array of support services. The main tool of the Chicago-based group is a private online network, set up by and for former extremists, to provide them with a new, supportive community.

“People come to us because they know that we won’t judge them,” Picciolini told HuffPost. “As someone who understands their past, we give them a helping hand ― not focused on yesterday, but focused on today and tomorrow.”

Picciolini and his colleagues ― some of whom are social workers, all of whom are former extremists and have worked with psychologists to craft their nonprofit’s approach ― also travel the country to meet with members in person, to provide individualized support. They help connect members to local service providers, including therapy, job training and tattoo removal, to try to tackle the underlying drivers of their hate.

Picciolini says most people who come to them have experienced one of three things: trauma, unemployment or mental health issues.

“I listen for potholes ― or what deviated them from their normal path and led them down this one ― and try to find them services to help,” Picciolini said. “When you make people more resilient, self-sufficient and self-confident, they don’t have anyone to blame, and the ‘us against them’ ideology goes away.”

Privacy is paramount, so before they let anyone into their online group, they spend months chatting with them to make sure they’ve truly left extremism.

“We want to protect the people in the network,” Picciolini said. “It’s a safe place, not for someone vulnerable to going back ― and taking names with them.”

Life After Hate’s reach is relatively small: Its online group currently has 60 members. Some had already left extremism before they joined and were looking for community. Others are actively exiting hate groups.

For Picciolini, who recognizes their group is small compared with the problem of white supremacist hate, it’s all about helping people one by one.

“We reach one person at a time ― we know we can’t solve racism,” he said. “What I do know is I can affect the people closest to me. If everybody thinks that way ― with your coworkers, your friends ― it can change the world.”

“What changed us is when we received compassion from the people we least deserved it from.”

One key strategy the group uses to help people leave extremism behind is to facilitate in-person meetings between former extremists and members of groups they once discriminated against ― for instance, having a former Islamophobe meet an imam, or letting a onetime Holocaust denier talk with a survivor.

“As former extremists from the far right, what changed us is when we received compassion from the people we least deserved it from,” Picciolini said. “Often times they’ve never met a black person or had a meaningful conversation with a Muslim or Jewish person. I get them into a situation where they can sit and talk, and realize there are more things in common than differences.”

The strategy derives from “contact theory,” or the well-researched idea that contact with groups from different backgrounds can increase tolerance. It seems to have worked for certain high-profile extremists, such as former white nationalist Derek Black, who began leaving the movement after being invited to a series of Shabbat dinners by a Jewish fellow college student, and Life After Hate Deputy Director Angela King, who left the skinhead movement after being befriended by a group of Jamaican women in prison.

“That’s how most people get out,” expert Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center told HuffPost last month, adding that the work of reaching out to people from different backgrounds should not fall on people from marginalized groups.

“It shouldn’t be on the groups facing this,” Beirich said. “It’s on the rest of us.”

“We still don’t call it terrorism when it’s white extremism.”

Part of the reason there aren’t more groups like Life After Hate in the U.S. ― while other forms of organized violence, such as gangs and Islamist extremism, have long had programs and funding dedicated to tackling them ― is because Americans tend to ignore the realities of white supremacist violence, according to Beirich.

“There has been a general reluctance in this country to see white people as responsible for terrorism in some sort of organized way,” Beirich told HuffPost last month. “When people talk about white supremacist terrorism, they want to call it a one-off. He’s a crazy person. It’s like white people can’t handle the idea that there are devils in our midst.”

Since September 11, 2001, there have been 85 deadly extremist attacks in the United States, according to a recent Government Accountability Office report — 73 percent of the attacks were carried out by far-right extremist groups, compared to 27 percent by radical Islamist extremists.

Just a couple of months ago, Reuters reported that the Trump administration may alter the government’s counter-extremism program to focus solely on Islamist extremism. As a result, Life After Hate may lose $400,000 in funding that it had been awarded through the program in January under President Barack Obama, said Picciolini. The group hasn’t received the funds yet and doesn’t know if it will.

“We’re concerned about the policies of the new administration [indicating] that white extremism may not be an issue,” Picciolini said. “There really is no difference between what happened in Charleston with Dylann Roof and what happened in San Bernardino. They’re both terror attacks based on ideologies of extremism ― yet we still don’t call it terrorism when it’s white extremism.”

“The only difference between alt-right and what I was in then is packaging.”

Picciolini says that the recent rise of the so-called alt-right movement ― a white supremacist movement with young leadership, branding meant to appeal to millennials and a large online presence ― makes Life After Hate’s job harder.

“In the old days you could spot a skinhead a mile away ― now it’s harder in a virtual world. And they made the message more palatable, wear suits and ties, don’t shave their heads.

“The only difference between alt-right and what I was in then is packaging. It’s a marketing strategy: They just soften the edges.”

Since President Donald Trump’s election, Picciolini says, the number of requests that have come in to Life After Hate for support have grown ― from one to three requests per week to one to three per day. Most of these come from friends or family concerned that a loved one might be involved in extremism.

“White people need to solve the problem of white supremacy.”

It is not clear how well exit programs like Life After Hate work. Older exit programs in Europe, such as those developed for white supremacists in Sweden in the 1990s, have been criticized at times for “glorifying former extremists as ‘experts’” and not eliminating participants’ racism, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

But experts who have weighed in on Life After Hate consider it a useful contribution to the larger fight against white supremacism.

“Everything always has to be considered part of a larger toolbox,” Pete Simi, an author and expert on far-right extremists, said in an interview last year. “There’s never any program that’s ever going to be your catchall. But I think it is an important tool.”

SPLC’s Beirich, who has been studying white supremacism since 1999, told HuffPost last month that she sees Life After Hate as a solution.

“I don’t have anywhere to send a white supremacist if they come to me and start questioning the movement they’re involved in,” Beirich said. “Once you become a hard-core white supremacist, you lose all links to family and friends, there isn’t really a place for you to turn if you leave. I’m not trying to give anyone a pass, but if someone wants to get out of something bad, I want to help.”

A Life After Hate member echoed the need for more groups like it.

“There were years I was looking for a way out, and I didn’t have anywhere to turn,” former skinhead Logan Stewart told HuffPost. “It’s great support. Anything you need to talk about you can do that with them.”

For Picciolini, if there’s one thing that holds true when thinking of how to best tackle white supremacist hate, it’s this: The responsibility falls on white people.

“White people need to solve the problem of white supremacy,” Picciolini said. “It’s white people’s problem, we created it, and it’s a problem we need to fix.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b018a9ce5ace1a

FBI busts ‘Atomwaffen’ Neo-Nazi in Florida for making explosives — and finds radiation materials

Shortly after news broke that Devon Arthurs, an 18-year-old Muslim convert and former white supremacist, killed two of his friends for attacking his new faith, more details have been revealed surrounding the murders.

According to the Miami Herald, Brandon Russell, Arthurs’ roommate, was in possession of multiple materials meant to build explosives, including a lethal bomb-making chemical named hexamethane triperoxide diamine. FBI and Tampa Police Department officers found the materials in Russell’s garage.

Russell was arrested on May 21 during a traffic stop in Key Largo, and police have not yet revealed why he was pulled over or what he was doing in the Florida Keys.

While in Russell’s bedroom, devices used by police bomb technicians alerted to the presence of radiation sources — thorium and americium.

Russell returned home from National Guard duty on May 19 to find that Arthurs had killed their friends. It’s unclear whether the bomb was intended for Arthurs’ or for another person or group.
    Report Advertisement

Russell is an admitted “national socialist,” the name of the Adolf Hitler’s party that was soon shortened to “Nazi” during the lead-up to World War II.

The Herald also reports that Russell is a member of a group called “Atomwaffen” (meaning “atomic weapon” in German.) The group has been promoted by the white supremacist Daily Stormer website since last year. The racist site praised the group for holding a protest during “a homo vigil for the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting.”

In January, RadarOnline reported that the group’s leader was a nuclear physics student who was “trying to encourage members to conduct an attack similar to Timothy McVeigh‘s strike in Oklahoma City.”

Police reportedly found a framed photo of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh in Russell’s bedroom. It is believed that he learned to manufacture explosives while at the University of South Florida, where he was a member of the engineering club.
    Report Advertisement

According to the Chicago Maroon, the Atomwaffen Division group has described itself as a “very fanatical, ideological band of comrades who do both activism and militant training. Hand to hand, arms training, and various other forms of training. As for activism, we spread awareness in the real world through unconventional means.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/fbi-...ive-materials/

Two killed on Portland train after 'defending Muslims'

Two men stabbed to death as they tried to stop suspect bullying Muslim women on light-rail train, Oregon police say.

27 May 2017

Two men have been stabbed to death after they tried to intervene when a man yelled racial slurs at two Muslim women on a light-rail train in Portland, Oregon, US police said.

A third train passenger, who also tried to stop the bullying, was badly wounded and taken to hospital, The Oregonian newspaper reported on Friday.

The suspect, 35-year-old Jeremy Joseph Christian of Portland, was arrested shortly after he left the train, police said.

Christian was booked into jail on two counts of aggravated murder and additional charges of attempted murder, intimidation in the second degree and being a felon in possession of a restricted weapon, police said. He was ordered held without bail.

Before the stabbing, the assailant was ranting on many topics, using "hate speech or biased language", and then turned his focus on the women, police spokesman Pete Simpson said.

"In the midst of his ranting and raving, some people approached him and appeared to try to intervene with his behaviour and some of the people that he was yelling at,"
    Simpson told The Oregonian. "They were attacked viciously."

One person was dead at the scene and another died at a hospital, Simpson said. The third person was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

It was not clear why the man was yelling, Simpson said.

"He was talking about a lot of different things, not just specifically anti-Muslim," Simpson said.

The attack happened on a MAX train as it headed east. A train remained stopped on the tracks at a transit centre which was closed while police investigated.

Evelin Hernandez, a 38-year-old resident of Clackamas, Oregon, told the newspaper she was on the train when the man began making racist remarks to the women. A group of men tried to quieten him and he stabbed them, she said.

Simpson said the women understandably left the scene before police were able to talk with them but that they would like to hear from them to help fill in what happened.

"It's horrific," Simpson said. "There's no other word to describe what happened today."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, America's largest civil rights and advocacy group, condemned the "horrific hate crime" and urged US President Donald Trump to renounce acts of racial violence targeting Muslims in the country.

"President Trump must speak out personally against the rising tide of Islamophobia and other forms of bigotry and racism in our nation that he has provoked through his numerous statements, policies and appointments that have negatively impacted minority communities," said Nihad Awad, CAIR's national executive director.

During his election campaign, Trump called for a total ban on all Muslims entering the US.

Since becoming president, he has issued executive orders aimed at limiting the movement of nationals of certain majority-Muslim countries to the US.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...052848396.html

Suspect in Portland Hate Crime Murders is a Known White Supremacist

by Doug Brown • May 27, 2017

The man accused of the brutal hate crime slayings of two people at the Hollywood Transit Center on Friday afternoon is a known local white supremacist.

Jeremy Christian, 35, was booked early Saturday morning on two aggravated murder charges, an attempted murder charge, two intimidation (hate crime) charges, and a felon in possession of a restricted weapon charge.

The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) reported that the man "was on the MAX train yelling various remarks that would be best characterized as hate speech toward a variety of ethnicities and religions. At least two of the victims attempted to intervene with the suspect and calm him down. The suspect attacked the men, stabbing three, before leaving the train."

Witnesses told the police that he was harassing two women who appear to be Muslim. One was described as wearing a hijab. One of the men he stabbed died at the scene, one was pronounced dead at a hospital, and one is expected to survive.

Christian is a known right wing extremist and white supremacist. On April 29, Christian showed up to the right-wing "March for Free Speech" on 82nd Avenue in Montavilla with a baseball bat in an attempt to assault left-wing protesters. The bat was quickly confiscated by Portland police officers. He ranted how he was a nihilist. He'd soon yelled racial slurs ("**** all you n*****s") and gave the Nazi salute throughout the day. He yelled "Hail Vinland" throughout the day.

A few Portland police officers on April 29 appeared to be familiar with Christian, but not threatened by him. They claimed he had a head injury and was mentally ill.

Here's my video of Christian, draped in a flag, arriving at the event.

Here's another video. At the 25-second mark, he yells "**** all you n*****s". The right-wing rally organizers refused to let him in.

Shortly later, I asked him his name. I recognized the name and remembered that he posted on Facebook that he'd shoot police officers if they tried to disarm him (he was never arrested).

Christian has a criminal record that includes a host of felonies going back to 2002, when he was convicted of first-degree robbery and second-degree kidnapping. He also has a conviction for carrying/using a dangerous weapon from 2002.
    His Facebook page is replete with anti-Semitic comments and other evidence of his views. Here are some examples.

Mayor Ted Wheeler, who was flying from London to Portland when the crime occurred, issued his first statement this morning:

"There is too much hatred in our world right now, and far too much violence. Too much of it has arrived here in Portland," Wheeler said in a press release. "My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives, and to those who witnessed what happened. Thank you to our first responders, who provided aid, and police who captured the suspected killer. Now is the time, we must come together as a community and love one another. We must reject hatred and violence. We must seek justice."

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogt...te-supremacist

White Hate in America

The attack in Portland was not unique. It’s part of a disturbing pattern.

4 Facts about White Hate

video: https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...c_ref=NEWSFEED

Attacks like Portland’s will keep happening unless we all fight white supremacy

may 29, 2017

When Ricky Best and Taliesin Namkai-Meche boarded a light-rail train in Portland, Ore., on Friday night, they never could have imagined they wouldn’t make it home. The two men were stabbed to death after confronting a man for yelling slurs at a Muslim woman and her friend. A third intervener, Micah David-Cole, is being treated for serious, non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect, a white supremacist known to police, openly performed Nazi salutes and shouted racial slurs at a rally last month in Portland. White supremacist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic posts were a fixture on his Facebook page.

Communities of color experience hate in every aspect of our lives. It braids through our daily existence, just like friendship, work and family. We encounter it in schools, workplaces and public life. And what we fear most is hate violence, the kind that was on full display in Portland this weekend.

Muslims, Arabs, Sikhs and South Asians are acutely vulnerable to hate. Since the 2016 presidential election, the Southern Poverty Law Center has tracked more than 1,000 bias-related incidents, many against Muslims. It also has reported that the number of anti-Muslim organizations in the United States grew from 34 in 2015 to 101 in 2016. Muslim women often bear the brunt of this mistreatment, especially if they wear a hijab. The slurs uttered on the train in Portland occur regularly nationwide.

In the aftermath of a tragedy like this one, there’s usually an outpouring of emotion and an important set of rapid responses. We decry the violence, raise money for the victims’ families and push local prosecutors to file hate crime charges. Community groups also encourage the reporting and tracking of hate crimes, as reporting remains voluntary, not mandatory. In addition, we ask affected communities to be vigilant and watchful. The threat of copycat attacks is real and can be deadly. Some of these efforts already are underway in Portland.

These are important and time-tested interventions, but they aren’t enough. Hate violence will continue to be a scourge in the United States if we don’t root out the bigotry and animus that cultivate it.

We must acknowledge, condemn and combat white supremacy. The belief that white people are superior to other races is responsible for some of the greatest tragedies in modern history. Manifest destiny, the genocide of Native Americans, slavery, Jim Crow and even mass incarceration are inextricably rooted in white supremacy. This belief system proliferates in the United States, including in places such as Portland, where local community organizations such as the Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon and Unite Oregon have fought tirelessly to combat it.

Hundreds of hate groups now champion white supremacy and draw inspiration from President Trump, whose rhetoric and policies have emboldened their nativism and prejudice. The number of hate groups in the nation increased in 2016 for the second consecutive year. Some of these groups skulked in the shadows before Trump; now they bask in the limelight.

In February, a white American allegedly killed Srinivas Kuchibhotla, an Indian American in Kansas whom he had mistaken for Iranian. The attacker yelled “get out of my country” before firing. In March, a known white supremacist allegedly killed James Jackson, an elderly black man in New York City, apparently because Jackson was black. Last week, a white American allegedly killed Richard W. Collins III, a young black man, on the campus of the University of Maryland. The suspect was a member of a Facebook group called Alt-Reich: Nation. And now there’s Portland. These are just a sample. Threats, assault, vandalism, nooses and murder make the headlines almost every day.

Some of what these hate groups say and do is protected by the First Amendment, if it falls short of violence. But there are still plenty of ways to combat their ideology.

In the wake of Trump’s travel ban, people rallied in the streets and airports to condemn what they believed to be prejudice and discrimination against Muslims. This groundswell of support made a difference in the litigation and in the hearts and minds of Muslims and others worldwide. Why can’t the public show the same energy and resolve when white supremacy and hate violence strike our communities?

Many of you will have the opportunity to raise your voice soon. Act for America, the largest anti-Muslim grass-roots organization in the country, recently announced a series of anti-Muslim protests in 23 cities, including Portland. Counter-rallies and other forms of resistance are planned and will be announced soon. Local and national organizations nationwide have been fighting white supremacy for decades. Connect with them, support them and raise your voice. We cannot and must not shoulder this burden alone.

In addition to condemnation and protest, hold teach-ins on white supremacy at your houses of worship and community centers. Invite and center communities affected by hate violence, listen to their stories — and be guided by their needs and leadership. As a Sikh American and a member of a community acutely impacted by hate, I can tell you every intervention matters. Hate thrives in company; it dies in solitude.
    Nor should you wait for white supremacists to strike first. Coalitions of diverse professionals, including teachers, coaches, public health professionals, counselors and community leaders, should develop programing and interventions to track, treat and curb hate locally. Networks like this also allow us to more effectively respond to hate violence whenever it occurs. This programming should also include upstander trainings. We must honor the memories of those who were killed in Portland by standing for the same principles they did — courage, sacrifice and justice — not shying away from them.

We must likewise reject government policies that treat our communities as inherently suspect. Such policies foster misunderstanding, fear and bigotry. Muslims, Arabs and South Asians live under a specter of securitization and surveillance. Counterterrorism programs such as watch lists, the recently dismantled National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, countering violent-extremism initiatives and federal
    profiling guidelines
    look upon our communities as guilty and dangerous. Other communities are disproportionately affected by police violence, mass incarceration and deportation. Those with multiple identities, such as black Muslims or LGBTQ immigrants, experience a devastating compounding of these policies.

Trump has intensified this second-class citizenship through immigration raids and the specter of bans and walls. He continues to view Muslims as valuable only insofar as they fight and condemn terrorism. His recent statement commemorating Ramadan focused predominantly on violence and terrorism, and only of the sort ostensibly committed in the name of Islam.

An array of elected officials and civic leaders will condemn the Portland tragedy in the coming days. But will they condemn the criminalization and national security policies that cultivate hate and bigotry? Will they help illuminate and dismantle these policies, which inevitably reinforce notions of white privilege and prejudice? If the government sees our communities as inherently suspect and unworthy of dignity and respect, so will everyday Americans.

Finally, the media and public must be held accountable for double standards that mischaracterize violence and terrorism. White suspects who perpetrate mass atrocities are often humanized and described as shooters and mentally ill lone wolves. They’re seen as holding personal grievances and capable of rehabilitation. But when the suspect is Muslim, brown, black or a combination thereof, they are often described as terrorists, who are deliberately evil, inspired by collective grievance, incapable of intervention. This familiar accounting happened just this weekend, when the spokesperson for the Portland police wondered whether the suspect had “mental-health issues.” The result is that we obscure how white supremacy informs hate violence in the United States and lose an opportunity to combat it, just as we would other hateful ideologies.

[Why are white shooters called ‘mentally ill’ instead of ‘terrorists’ or ‘thugs’?]

This racist narrative also diminishes the pain and suffering our communities endure. It means the tragedies inflicted on us sometimes don’t even make front-page news. We fear the Islamic State as much as white supremacy. And so should you. The greatest threat facing our country comes from homegrown white supremacists, not Muslims or refugees. Yet we don’t treat it with the requisite level of urgency, because we dismiss these acts of violence as isolated incidents rather than manifestations of a deeper ideology rooted in hate.

I always celebrate Memorial Day by remembering those who stood for peace and justice. Today I remember Ricky Best and Taliesin Namkai-Meche, the heroes of Portland. Their selfless sacrifice will live forever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.61f96b0f8020

Nazi bomb man chopped off his own finger as punishment for watching porn

The Swedish regional leader of the Nazi terrorist group Den nordiska motståndsrörelsen, Nordic Resistance Movement, has recently made headlines again. Viktor Melin is charged with for the bomb attack against a book café, Syndikalistisk Forum, with ties to a syndicalist worker’s union. The evidence against the Melin are strong. His DNA has been found both on the bicycle where the explosives were planted and on the shattered pieces of the bomb.

Nordic Resistance Movement has a long and bloody history of violent assaults against minorities, anti-racists and the Left. On friday, however, it was Viktor Melin’s act of brutal force against himself that caught the attention.

The amputation

When formal charges were made, records of the interrogation of Melin, conducted by the Swedish Security Service, were opened for the public. There the Swedish online newspaper Aktuellt Fokus found quite a surprise. In a desperate attempt to cope with his addiction for online porn the Nazi bomb man amputated his own finger to punish himself for lack of discipline, when finding himself in front of the computer with adult material filling the screen.

— What has happened to your finger? The interrogation leader asked Melin.
    — My finger? replied Melin.
    — Yes.
    — Well, I chopped it off with an axe.

Honesty in the face of addiction

He then goes on to elaborate on how he had made a promise to himself to cut of a finger if he could not stay true to his promise of staying away from what he was addicted to. He adds that he prefers to be honest so that the interrogators would not believe his cut off finger had anything to do with the bombing, which he denies.

— It can be a good thing being hard on yourself, the Nazi leader says.

— To a certain degree, might be, replies one of the interrogators before his colleague give the suspect some comforting words.

— Well, you still have several fingers left.

— Yeah, it’ll have to do. I’ll get along without it.

— This was quite recently, was it?

— Yes, this weekend.

Might sound sick

A common theory among right wing extremists is that porn is a Jewish conspiracy to tempt people of European heritage to mate with people of other “races” or of the same sex. Many Nazis perceive porn to be a tool for breaking down the morals of Western civilization and culture so that Jewish world domination, which they believe is an actual thing, can be consolidated and established more easily. The reasons for Melin’s staunch wish to break out of his porn habits are not mentioned in the conversation.

Melin tells the officers that he has lied to his friends about the missing finger, saying it had been caused by an accident.

— You are the first people to hear this. Because, yeah it might sound sick in other people’s eyes (sic) so, or well, I’ve told people it was an accident.

Prefers to help himself

Due to the procedures of the Swedish prosecution process the secret has not stayed safe. Even less so after it caught interest internationally and became the issue of an article in the neighbouring country of Norway. Only after being asked what his addiction was Melin opens up completely.

— Errr, pornography, he answers.

— On the internet?

— Yeah, precisely.

— That’s an addiction like any other.

— Yes, yes, oh my god! That’s excactly what it is.

— But you can get help with that as well, the interrrogator says.

— Yeah, yeah. But I have managed this myself. I succeeded in quitting this for quite a while so I will do it again.

— It’s awfully easy to get a relapse though, it’s just a matter of being exposed to the internet, the representative for the Swedish Security Sevices injects.

— Yeah, I know. That’s what I did. But you have to be aware of the addiction.

Even though the Nazi leader does not seem to have convinced Swedish authorities of his innocence, as his status has changed from suspect to indicted in the case, he got the best of wishes towards the end of the interrogation.

— I hope you can handle it.

— Yes, i know will.

The upcoming trial will give us the answer to whether Viktor Melin’s plan of being honest about his addiction and self castigation works and gives his credibility a much needed boost

https://radikalportal.no/2017/06/11/...watching-porn/

Comments:

It is a trait of western hypocrites to attribute to others what they themselves do. One of their lackeys, Hamza Yusuf, said that the "islamic terrorists" are porn addict when it's his own kind, Anglo extremists, who are in such habits.

Terrorist in car emblazoned with Nazi symbol plows into refugee demo in Sweden

A man suspected of having neo-Nazi links has confessed to driving his car into a crowd of rejected Iraqi asylum seekers who were protesting against their deportation in the Swedish city of Malmo. Police have opened a hate crime investigation.

The man, 22, whose identity has not been revealed, admitted that he had driven his car into the crowd of asylum seekers, who rallied outside the Swedish Migration Agency office in Malmo on two occasions last weekend.

The perpetrator’s car had a Nazi symbol on it, police confirmed to local media. A video obtained by Swedish national public broadcaster SVT Nyheter shows the car with a Nazi eagle and swastika on its front.

No one was injured in the two incidents, which took place on Saturday, June 10, and on the evening of Sunday, June 11. However, during the latter incident the assailant eventually crashed into a tree after driving over a number of placards and banners placed by the protesters in front of the migration office.

The man was then forced to barricade himself in the car as it was surrounded by angry protesters, who kept him inside until police arrived. He was then detained and questioned.

“He said he's doing it to make a point. That he does not think they [Iraqis] should be in the country,”
    Sandra Persson, a police investigator, told the Swedish Aftonbladet daily, adding that it was a “clear hate crime.”

Lars Foerstell, a press communications officer at the Malmo police department, also confirmed that the man had two knives in his possession, adding that he had also used pepper spray against the protesters.

The car used in the attack belonged to the assailant, Swedish media report, citing the investigators.

One of the witnesses of the attack said that the man apparently intended to injure the protesters
    . “We felt that he drove his car [intending] to hit [us]. The car drove at a fast pace towards us in the dusk,” Ali Almousawi, one of the Iraqi demonstrators, told SVT.

The suspect now faces charges for vandalism, hate speech, violation of the Weapons Act and an attempted attack. He was released after questioning while the investigation continues. [BUT NO TERRORISM CHARGE!]

Aftonbladet reports that the man also allegedly has links to the neo-Nazi Nordic Resistance Movement (NRM) and repeatedly participated in its demonstrations and meetings.

It was not the first such incident surrounding the refugee protest outside the office of the Swedish Migration Agency in Malmo, which was held for several days and was staged by some 20 rejected asylum seekers.

“It is not the first time when something happens. Earlier, some men came here, who threw firecrackers at us and made Nazi salutes,” Almousawi told SVT. He also added that on one occasion men came with two dogs and unleashed them on the protesters.

Police were deployed to the scene of the protest after the Sunday incident. In the meantime, the demonstrators intend to continue their rally until their cases are reviewed.

“We will stay. We protest against returning to Iraq,” said Almousawi, adding that returning to their home country would be “too dangerous” for the Iraqis.

In 2016, Sweden saw a surge in neo-Nazi activities, with 3,064 such activities documented
    , according to Swedish anti-racism foundation Expo. That number represents the highest figure since Expo began carrying out yearly studies on the issue in 2008.
    Most of the activities were carried out by the NRM, which was mostly engaged in spreading its message.

In 2015, Sweden took in the largest number of refugees per capita in Europe, as nearly 200,000 asylum seekers and migrants entered the Nordic country, whose laws regarding refugees are among the most liberal in Europe.

The mass inflow of refugees and migrants placed an increasing strain on the country’s police. In 2015, Swedish police released a report describing 53 districts throughout the country as “vulnerable," and 15 listed as “especially vulnerable."

Such districts have a high crime and poverty rate and serve as hotbeds for religious extremism, posing “unique challenges” for police, the report said. In June, police added eight more areas to the list of “especially vulnerable” zones, raising the number to 23.

https://www.rt.com/news/392278-swede...qjEgEE.twitter

White UK Terrorist:

EDL supporter to Muslims: “I will put an an axe in your head”

21/06/2017 - Sarah Archibald

Shaun Jones has threatened Muslims with an axe.

Merseysider Shaun Jones in "kill a muzzrat" call.

It seems that EDL supporters are spending this week perpetually upping the ante when it comes to making threats to British Muslims.

We’ve reported already on the horrific response from the EDL and other on the far right to the attack on worshippers at a Finsbury Park mosque.

This, though, is arguably the worst.

Shaun Jones, a virulent EDL supporter from Merseyside, has issued a threat of imminent violence. It has been reported to Merseyside Police.

Jones, who is thought to be from St. Helens, says he’s going to perk himself up with vodka before “going on one.”

He goes on to threaten to “put a axe in your [Muslims] head” stating that “this is a time of war.” He then urges readers to “kill a muzzrat” saying “islam must and will be destroyed.”

Shaun Jones: an imminent danger.

Alarmingly, such threats are backed up by historical pictures on his Facebook profile which demonstrate he has the weapons to carry out just such an attack.

Shaun Jones, tooled up for “war.”
    Jones attended the EDL recent demo in Liverpool and has plans to journey to London this Saturday to join his far right comrades. He’s been discussing it with former EDL organiser Andrew Edge.

Whilst it seems like he’ll have bigger things to worry about between now and then, it appears a fellow patriot has run off with the coach money.

Don’t worry Shaun, it really doesn’t matter. You ‘re unlikely to be going anywhere once the police catch up with you.

Just a selection of EDL likes from Shaun Jones’ Facebook page.

http://hopenothate.org.uk/2017/06/21...-put-axe-head/

Not Terrorism When Suspect is a White non-Muslim

A bomb blast on a soccer bus had “terrorist involvement” when the suspect was a Muslim. But it became just a “bus attack” when the suspect turned out to be white. Can only Muslims be “terrorists”?

video: https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...6396215501886/

Dortmund bus terror arrest: German-Russian man 'carried out bomb attack to make money before blaming Muslims'

The Borussia Dortmund team bus was targeted with three bombs last Tuesday ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Monaco, leaving one player and one policeman injured

by Jack de Menezes - 4/21/2017
    Police arrested a German-Russian citizen on Friday morning on suspicion of carrying out the attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus last Tuesday, with prosecutors alleging that the bombing was motivated by financial greed.

The Dortmund team bus was targeted with three bombs after it left a hotel to travel to the Westfalenstadion for the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Monaco. Defender Marc Bartra and a policeman were injured in the blasts, which saw the match postponed until the next day.

Investigators found a letter close to the crime scene that appeared to claim responsibility in the name of Islamist extremists,
    but German police doubted the authenticity of the note.

Police confirmed on Friday morning that a police tactical response unit had arrested a man named only as 'Sergej W' in the Tuebingen area, 30km south of the city of Stuttgart and 450km south of Dortmund.

He has been charged with attempted murder, causing an explosion and serious bodily harm
    , police said.

After dismissing the Islamist extremist link, prosecutors accused the man of carrying out the attack in order to gain financially.

The suspect took out a loan of "several tens of thousands of euros" days before the attack and bought a large number of so-called put options for shares in Borussia Dortmund.

This would have entitled him to sell the shares at a pre-determined price, even if they fell dramatically in the event of an attack.

"A significant share price drop could have been expected if a player had been seriously injured or even killed as a result of the attack," prosecutors said.

It was also confirmed that the suspect had booked into the same hotel as the team, and placed three explosives that were packed with shrapnel along the expected route that the bus would take to Dortmund’s home stadium.

"The explosive devices were detonated at the optimum time," prosecutors added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/dortmund-bus-terror-arrest-german-russian-share-price-blamed-muslims-islamists-islamic-put-latest-a7694216.htm