I love finding the common ground in the 2 Holy Scriptures. But note the tremendous Mercy of God in the fact that parents are not held accountable for the sins of their children...and the children are not held accountable for the sins of their parents. That is Good Mercy. Each bears their own burden with respect to that. Something that is not always understood by the Muhajirun to the Western Countries is that for the Ansar, "family" is not like "family" in Islamic or Arab countries. Because you may have some families that disagree with the conversion or reversion to Islam; or they may be practicing the worship of the Messiah; or a Saint; or an Angel. So these passages below are very important for the Ansar in their respective lands...that everyone remains accountable (even within a family) for their own behaviors and their own sins.

SourGrapesBetweenParentsAndChildren2.jpg

Text on Graphic:
“The mothers shall give suck to their offspring for two whole years, if the father desires to complete the term. But he shall bear the cost of their food and clothing on equitable terms. No soul shall have a burden laid on it greater than it can bear. No mother shall be treated unfairly on account of her child. Nor father on account of his child, an heir shall be chargeable in the same way. If they both decide on weaning, by mutual consent, and after due consultation, there is no blame on them. If ye decide on a foster-mother for your offspring, there is no blame on you, provided ye pay (the mother) what ye offered, on equitable terms. But fear God and know that God sees well what ye do.” ~ HQ 2:233

29 “The people will no longer quote this proverb: ‘The parents have eaten sour grapes, but their children’s mouths pucker at the taste.’ ~ HB Jeremiah 31:29

However must maintain that:
The Ten Commandments teaches us, "Honor thy father and thy mother." ~ Exodus 20:12; and
The Holy Quran teaches us, "Reverence the wombs that bore you." ~ Holy Quran 4:1

Therefore, a child must honor and revere father and mother, however, they (father and mother) are not responsible for child's sins, whilst that child is not responsible for their (father and mother's) sins.

In addition, at Surahtul Ankabuti Ayat 8, "We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did." Also at Surahtul Luqman Ayat 15, "But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did."

TheMeasuredMercyForParentin.jpg