Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array

Europe has started to enshrine Islamophobia into law - history tells us this can't end well

There will be those who hail today's decision as a victory for Europe's long held secular ideals. However, history tells us that such excuses are always used to justify much more sinister trajectories

by Sofia Ahmed - 14 March 2017

Islam and Muslims are no longer welcome in Europe
    . If that message wasn't already clear to most people it has been set in to law today by EU judges. The decision by the European Court of Justice to allow employers to ban staff from wearing the headscarf seems certain to only further marginalize and push Muslim women out of public life.

What with France's ban on the niqab in 2010, and countries such as Germany wanting to follow suit, the trend of enshrining Islamophobia into law is becoming increasingly common. Proponents of such policies deceptively tell the public these decisions will emancipate Muslim women from the proposed shackles of Islam. Yet, what these laws represent is a discriminatory form of social engineering to try and enforce Muslim women to adopt a secular identity.

Such discriminatory and openly xenophobic policies contradict Europe's inherent belief that it is a bastion of freedom in an otherwise barbaric and intolerant world. The hypocrisy is galling to say the least - the very European leaders that pit themselves against supposedly misogynistic and regressive societies in the Muslim world have no qualms in applying discriminatory and gendered Islamophobia towards Muslim women in their own countries.

They conveniently ignore the impact that such legislation is having on the lives of ordinary Muslim women. An inquiry by the Women and Equalities Committee found that Muslim women were three times less likely to be employed. The report highlighted the role of "unconscious bias" in discrimination against women that wear the hijab or have Muslim sounding names.

A similar report by the European Network Against Racism, which covered eight countries ranging from France to The Netherlands, suggests that the such discrimination in the workplace and it's negative impact on Muslim women is widespread across Europe.

Economic marginalization is of course not the only obstacle that women must face due to decisions like the one made today. There are much more dire consequences for the average woman on the streets of London or Paris. With reports of a woman in hijab being dragged along the streets of London and another woman attacked and bitten for wearing hijab in Vienna, what kind of message does this sends out to those people that find a piece of cloth offensive enough to attack a woman for it?

Alarmingly, the decision the EU judges made is strikingly like the anti-Jewish legislation that was passed in Germany prior to the Second World War. The Nuremberg laws specifically targeted a social group by restricting them on an economic level. Jews were banned from professions such as midwifery and law, and state contracts were cancelled with Jewish owned businesses. That is not dissimilar to telling a woman that she is not welcome at a workplace if she decides to identify as a member of a given faith.

There will be those that hail today's decision as a victory for Europe's long held secular ideals. However, history tells us that such excuses are always used to justify much more sinister trajectories. This new ban is a worrying indication of Europe's hostility towards its Muslims citizens.

Let us not forget that it was in times of similar social and economic upheaval that Europe's Jews became the scapegoats for all of society's ills. It's increasingly becoming apparent that history might be repeating itself as Muslim women become the new victims of Europe's identity crises ensuing from its social and economic woes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/europe-islamophobia-headscarf-eu-court-ruling-hijab-a7629531.html

comments:
    Muslims in western countries need to start moving back before it's too late and what was done to the Jews be done to them.

EU workplace headscarf ban 'can be legal', says ECJ

14 March 2017

Workplace bans on the wearing of "any political, philosophical or religious sign" such as headscarves need not constitute direct discrimination, Europe's top court has ruled.

But the ban must be based on internal company rules requiring all employees to "dress neutrally", said the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

It cannot be based on the wishes of a customer, it added.

This is the court's first ruling on the wearing of headscarves at work.

The ECJ's ruling was prompted by the case of a receptionist fired for wearing a headscarf to work at the security company G4S in Belgium.

The issues of Muslim dress and the integration of immigrant communities have featured prominently in debates in several European countries in recent years. Austria and the German state of Bavaria have recently announced bans on full-face veils in public spaces.

Rights group Amnesty International said Tuesday's ECJ rulings were "disappointing" and "opened a backdoor to... prejudice".

What's the background to the decision?

The ECJ was ruling on the case of Samira Achbita, fired in June 2006 when, after three years of employment, she began wearing a headscarf to work.

She claimed she was being directly discriminated against on the grounds of her religion and Belgium's court of cassation referred the case to the EU's top court for clarification.

At the time of Ms Achbita's hiring, an "unwritten rule" had been in operation banning overt religious symbols, and the company subsequently went on to include this explicitly in its workplace regulations, the court explained.

Does the ruling affect other religious symbols?

G4S's rules prohibited "any manifestation of such beliefs without distinction", and were therefore not directly discriminatory, the court said.

It said "an employer's desire to project an image of neutrality towards both its public and private sector customers is legitimate" - but national courts had to make sure this policy of neutrality was applied equally to all employees.

In practice, such a policy must therefore also ban other religious insignia such as crucifixes, skullcaps and turbans, the court confirmed to the BBC.

But the court was not absolute in its ruling - workplaces still have a duty to show that they have also not enabled indirect discrimination - whereby people adhering to a particular religion or belief are in practice put at a particular disadvantage, unless that is "objectively justified by a legitimate aim" achieved by means that are "appropriate and necessary".

For instance, the Belgian court ruling on Ms Achbita's case would need to ascertain whether it could have been possible to offer her another post not involving visual contact with customers.

What if a customer complains about a headscarf?

That won't do - the court ruled that any ban could not be based on "subjective considerations" such as the preferences of an individual customer.

"The willingness of an employer to take account of the wishes of a customer no longer to have the services of that employer provided by a worker wearing an Islamic headscarf cannot be considered a genuine and determining occupational requirement," the court said.

It was referring to another case referred to in this ruling - that of design engineer Asma Bougnaoui, who lost her job at French firm Micropole, after a customer complained that she wore an Islamic headscarf.

A French court would have to determine whether the company in this case had dismissed Ms Bougnaoui solely to satisfy a customer or in accordance with a wider internal prohibition on religious symbols, the court ruled.

How has this ruling been received?

For years, courts across Europe have faced complex decisions on religious symbols in the workplace.

Jonathan Chamberlain, a partner at UK firm Gowling WLG, told the BBC that Tuesday's ruling reflected "what has been the UK's approach for some years".

Germany's constitutional court ruled in 2015 a ban on teachers wearing the headscarf across the country's 16 states was unconstitutional. Such a measure was only justified if religious symbols represented a "concrete danger, or the disturbance of school peace".

John Dalhuisen, director of Amnesty International's Europe and Central Asia program, said the ECJ's decision gave "greater leeway to employers to discriminate against women - and men - on the grounds of religious belief".

"The court did say that employers are not at liberty to pander to the prejudices of their clients. But by ruling that company policies can prohibit religious symbols on the grounds of neutrality, they have opened a backdoor to precisely such prejudice."

The Conference of European Rabbis said: "With the rise of racially motivated incidents and today's decision, Europe is sending a clear message; its faith communities are no longer welcome."

But the British Humanist Association's Andrew Copson said: "We need to take an approach that balances everyone's rights fairly and we are pleased that the European Court of Justice has today appeared to reinforce that principle."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39264845

Countries that oppress Muslim Women.

Member Array

Being a Muslim in Europe

“It takes me longer to explain it than anything else,” the officer at the UK border of Dover Port quipped, “but I have the power to detain, search and question you for up to six hours, although I’m sure it’s not going to take that long, under Schedule 7 of the Anti-Terrorism Act.”

A peculiar mix of extreme politeness and also racism, so prevalent amongst some sections of British society.

“Oh, OK,” I replied. “Well, don’t worry, I’m not a terrorist.”

After establishing that a written record of the impromptu interrogation would be kept “indefinitely”, again with the courteous reason of providing evidence if I ever wanted to enquire as to why I had been stopped, I decided to make such an enquiry right away.

“So why have I been stopped?” I asked.

“Well, I saw some stamps from Morocco and Mauritius..”

“Mauritius? I’ve never been to Mauritius in my life.”

“I don’t have your passport to hand right now so I can’t quite remember, but I think there were a few Arabic stamps in there,” the officer helpfully elaborated. “Are you a religious man?”

“I’m a Muslim, if that’s what you mean.”

“Oh no,” he looked flustered now, “I didn’t want to make any assumptions.” It was reassuring to know that he was so free of any “assumptions”.

I was polite for the rest of this enthralling conversation, until his last question, which I felt might need further comment.

“Do you go to the mosque?”

“Why do you want to ask me that? Shouldn’t you be trying to work out whether I’m a terrorist or not? I don’t understand the relevance, and you need to be careful with these kinds of questions, because it changes from looking for someone who might be a terrorist, to just looking for Muslims.”

“But sometimes people are being taught extreme views by certain organisations, and they don’t even know!”

“Okay, so ask me if I’m a member of this or that organisation, but how does “Do you go to the mosque?” help your investigation? If I say yes, do you write down that this guy might be a terrorist? Does it make it more likely? Less likely? There’s no link between someone going to a mosque, and someone being a terrorist.”

“Well,” the officer replied, “we only get a few minutes to talk to you.” Sorry about that, would love to have stayed. On the bright side, at least it didn’t take six hours.

It’s funny, but when I think of terrorists I think of groups like the Stern Gang. Not someone who hasn’t been to Mauritius.

https://jodymcintyre.wordpress.com/2...lim-in-europe/

Member Array

Muslims should accept European values or go elsewhere – German minister

Published time: 12 Apr, 201

Muslim migrants who refuse to embrace European values must realize there are better places for them to reside than in the EU,
    Wolfgang Schaeuble, the German Finance Minister has said.

Muslims who don’t want to change their ways after arriving in Europe must be told, “you’ve made the wrong decision,” Schaeuble said during a round table discussion in Berlin on Wednesday.

“There are better places in the world to live under Islamic law than Europe," he said as cited by Reuters.

Last year, Schaeuble, who is a known long-time ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel, stated that the influx of refugees was “a challenge for the open-mindedness of mainstream society.”

In a guest article in Welt am Sonntag paper, the 74-year-old politician urged Muslim newcomers to adopt what he called, “German Islam,” based on liberalism and tolerance.

Almost 1 million migrants from the Middle East and Africa arrived in Germany in 2015, according to the country’s estimates. The numbers spurred social tension and led to numerous anti-government protests against Merkel’s so-called ‘open door' immigration policy.

The situation also saw the rise of the right-wing and anti-immigrant Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, which gained foothold in almost all of the country’s 16 state parliaments since the eruption of the refugee crisis in 2015.

In February, Austrian authorities slammed the country’s Islamic Religious Community (IGGO) for its recommendation that Muslim women should start wearing a headscarf from the onset of puberty.

“I have to say clearly: we reject an obligation to [wear] the headscarf,” Sebastian Kurz, Austria's Minister for Foreign Affairs and Integration, said.

Secretary of State, Muna Duzdar, echoed Kurz's comments by saying “such a position is an attack on the freedom and self-determination of women. I reject [headscarves] deeply. It is unacceptable that women and girls are restricted in their freedom and men want to dictate to them how to live and how to dress."

https://www.rt.com/news/384549-eu-muslims-germany-schaeuble/

The Push to Ban Arabic Sermons in Europe's Mosques

Some politicians are calling for more “transparent” services for Muslims.

In several Western European countries, some politicians want to force imams to deliver sermons only in the official language: In Germany, imams should preach in German; in Italy, in Italian; in Britain, in English; in France, in French.

To justify this requirement, two rationales are cited. Some say it will function as a counterterrorism strategy. Others say it will promote the social integration of Muslims. A few appeal to both lines of reasoning.

Germany’s Deputy Finance Minister Jens Spahn called last month for an “Islam law” that would make imams’ sermons “transparent,” saying that the authorities “had to know what happens in mosques.” He argued that imams should preach in German and that “imported imams lead to social disintegration.” Spahn, who also proposed an official registry for mosques, is a member of the executive committee of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s ruling Christian Democratic Union party.

Other senior Merkel allies like Julia Kloeckner have joined the push for an Islam law, though a Merkel spokesman said this month that such a law is “not now” on the agenda.

In Italy, Islam isn’t officially recognized as a religion, even though it has an estimated 1.6 million adherents in the country. (The Italian Constitution requires non-Catholic faith groups to sign an accord or “intesa” in order to be formally recognized, after which the groups gain the right to take days off for holidays, to have their religious marriages acknowledged by the state, and so on.) However, in February, the Interior Ministry agreed to “facilitate the path” toward official recognition in an unprecedented arrangement titled the “National Pact for an Italian Islam.” But the government wanted something in exchange: Muslim organizations had to agree to a registry of their imams, and to a requirement that the imams sermonize in Italian. Interior Minister Marco Minniti described the document as a safeguard “against any form of violence and terrorism.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...utm_source=twb

Member Array

Austria passes resolution banning distribution of Quran, use of full-face veil

Women who wear garments that fully cover their faces in Austria will have to pay fine up to 50 Euro ($A225) from October this year.

The Austrian government passed a legislation on Tuesday which outlaws distribution of Quran in public and bans the use of full-face veils or burqas, which cover the entire face of women. The provision was backed by both ruling parties in the country.

Women who wear garments that fully cover their faces will have to pay fine up to 50 Euro ($A225) from October this year. The rules were included in the legislative package, introduced for refugees and asylum seekers in the country to make them suitable for residing in Austria.

The measure to ban full-face veil was first announced by Austria's coalition government in January as part of wider proposals aimed at countering the rise of the far-right, anti-Islam Freedom Party.

The legislation also requires all migrants to participate in an integration year, during which they will be taught German and Austrian ethos. The measure taken by the legislators has been denounced by both political extremes. It is not yet clear how the move will affect the migrants in the country.

Asylum seekers reportedly will also be expected to perform unpaid public work.
    Any person who refuses to abide by the legislation will lose out on benefits given by the government. The government proposal is reportedly designed to make migrants more suited for the Austrian labour market.

According to the Islamic Religious Community, Islam is the second most widely professed religion in Austria. It is practised by at last seven percent of the population in the country, which constitutes to around 600,000 people.

Many European countries have a similar ban in place for full-face veils, including France and Belgium. The Netherlands, in 2015, had also introduced a partial ban on full-face veils in the country. German Chancellor Angela Merkel in 2016 had endorsed her party's call to ban the full-face veil
    "wherever it is legally possible."

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/austria-pas...ce-veil-727183

Member Array

Belgium votes to ban kosher and halal slaughter in its biggest territory

European Jewish Congress condemns decision as 'the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights in Belgium since the Nazi occupation of the country in World War II'

Belgium's Wallooon region has voted to ban kosher and halal meats by outlawing the slaughter of unstunned animals.

The environment committee of southern Belgium's Walloon Parliament voted unanimously for the ban, which will take effect in September 2019 if the parliament's plenary approves the ban later this month.

Both Jewish kosher and Islamic halal rituals require the butcher to swiftly slaughter the animal by slitting its throat and draining its blood, a process condemned by animal rights campaigners, who argue it is more humane to stun animals before killing them.

Similar legislation has been proposed by the parliament in the northern Flemish region.

The European Jewish Congress has strongly condemned the decision, calling it "scandalous".

“This decision, in the heart of Western Europe and the centre of the European Union, sends a terrible message to Jewish communities throughout our continent that Jews are unwanted," EJC president Moshe Kantor said.

"It attacks the very core of our culture and religious practice and our status as equal citizens with equal rights in a democratic society. It gives succour to antisemites and to those intolerant of other communities and faiths."

He added: “We call on legislators to step back from the brink of the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights in Belgium since the Nazi occupation of the country in World War II."

A ban on the slaughter of animals without stunning will come into effect in January 2019 in the Flemish region of Belgium, the De Morgen daily newspaper reports.

Belgium's Muslim community said its religious council has previously expressed its opposition to stunned slaughter and there had been no change in its stance since then.

"Muslims are worried about whether they can eat halal food ... in conformity with their religious rites and beliefs," the Belgian Muslim Executive said.

Countries including Denmark, Switzerland and New Zealand already prohibit unstunned slaughter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Member Array

The Push to Ban Arabic Sermons in Europe's Mosques

Some politicians are calling for more “transparent” services for Muslims.

In several Western European countries, some politicians want to force imams to deliver sermons only in the official language: In Germany, imams should preach in German; in Italy, in Italian; in Britain, in English; in France, in French.

To justify this requirement, two rationales are cited. Some say it will function as a counterterrorism strategy. Others say it will promote the social integration of Muslims. A few appeal to both lines of reasoning.

Germany’s Deputy Finance Minister Jens Spahn called last month for an “Islam law” that would make imams’ sermons “transparent,” saying that the authorities “had to know what happens in mosques.” He argued that imams should preach in German and that “imported imams lead to social disintegration.” Spahn, who also proposed an official registry for mosques, is a member of the executive committee of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s ruling Christian Democratic Union party.

Other senior Merkel allies like Julia Kloeckner have joined the push for an Islam law, though a Merkel spokesman said this month that such a law is “not now” on the agenda.

In Italy, Islam isn’t officially recognized as a religion, even though it has an estimated 1.6 million adherents in the country.
    (The Italian Constitution requires non-Catholic faith groups to sign an accord or “intesa” in order to be formally recognized, after which the groups gain the right to take days off for holidays, to have their religious marriages acknowledged by the state, and so on.) However, in February, the Interior Ministry agreed to “facilitate the path” toward official recognition in an unprecedented arrangement titled the “National Pact for an Italian Islam.” But the government wanted something in exchange: Muslim organizations had to agree to a registry of their imams, and to a requirement that the imams sermonize in Italian. Interior Minister Marco Minniti described the document as a safeguard “against any form of violence and terrorism.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...mosques/522000

Member Array

German anti-terror police uncover hidden paramilitary training camps for far-right extremists

Guns, ammunition and drugs seized in raids

Guns, weapons and drugs have been seized from a network of right-wing extremists operating paramilitary training camps in German forests amid fears of a potential attack.

Investigators in the state of Thuringia said at least 13 known suspects were part of the group, including some from an “internationally active right-wing movement”.

The state office of criminal investigation said short and long-range guns, ammunition and other weaponry was uncovered alongside a small amount of drugs.

Police also seized right-wing propaganda, mobile phones and computers in dawn raids at 14 properties in Thuringia, Erfurt and Göttingen, in Lower Saxony.

A spokesperson said the operation targeted a “criminal organisation” accused of setting up paramilitary training camps in the region’s forests, adding: “Some of the suspects are believed to be members of an internationally-active right-wing extremist movement, which aims to abolish the social and governmental order of Germany and other European states.”

The raids were coordinated by Germany’s GSG 9 counter-terror force, supported by police from six states. Authorities did not confirm whether the group was plotting an attack.

During the searches, a man who was not originally under investigation was arrested for attacking and injuring two officers.

Another suspect was arrested for using symbols of “unconstitutional organisations” – a phrase frequently used by Germany authorities to refer to Nazi-era memorabilia and symbols including the swastika.

Officials said the suspect found with “numerous” guns was believed to be a member of the so-called Reichsbürger movement, which claims the current German state is illegitimate and is alleged to have neo-Nazi links.

Police are now investigating whether to withdraw his firearms licence.

A Reichsbürger shot a police officer dead during a raid in Bavaria in October, shocking Germany and prompting a government crackdown on resurgent far-right groups.

Politicians from Germany’s Die Linke party claimed the network uncovered on Friday was linked to the far-right Europäische Aktion (European Action) group, which was founded by a Swiss Holocaust denier in 2008.

Europäische Aktion’s stated aims include creating a European “confederation” that would abolish the Euro and the EU, force the return of anyone judged to be non-Europeans to their countries of origin, and abolish Germany and Austria in favour of a “Reich” with pre-Second World War borders.

Its Facebook page, which remains online, propagates neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic and white supremacist ideology claiming the existence of a “long-planned campaign to exterminate the indigenous peoples of Europe” with an “invasion” from Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

Europäische Aktion’s members are based in Germany, Switzerland and Austria but active in a far wider set of countries including the UK, France, Hungary, Spain and Sweden.

Die Welt reported that the organisation was intending to dissolve and re-form under a different name to evade investigations by authorities.

Germany has been shaken by a series of Isis-related terror attacks, as well as the Reichsbürger murder and foiled plots from both Islamists and the far-right.

Earlier this year, a Bundeswehr soldier was found posing as a Syrian refugee to plot a false flag shooting attack that prosecutors said aimed to turn Germany against migrants.

A group of extremists from the far-right Oldschool Society group have been put on trial for plotting to attack accommodation for asylum seekers, while a homemade bomb emblazoned with a swastika and symbol of the Nazi SS was discovered earlier this year.

Thousands of attacks on refugee centres have been documented as part of a rise in political violence by both the right and left wing, amid heightened tensions over the arrival of more than a million asylum seekers in Germany and sex attacks in Cologne.

On Thursday, the Bundestag voted to cut off state funding for the far-right National Democratic Party (NPD), which narrowly escaped being banned earlier this year.

The party, viewed by Germany's intelligence agency as racist, anti-Semitic and revisionist, has never won a seat in the federal parliament and has lost all its seats in regional assemblies.

But it retains representatives on local councils, and so receives about €1m (£880,000) a year from the German government.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Member Array

Muslim schoolgirls from Germany describe racism during Holocaust trip to Poland

Muslim schoolgirls from Germany who visited Holocaust memorials in Poland say they were racially abused by locals during their trip.

The girls from a school in Berlin described their encounters on Deutschlandfunk radio.

Four of the girls who were wearing the hijab say they were abused.

One girl said a man had spat on her in the street in Lublin whilst the police stood their idly grinning.

Another girl said she was kicked out of a shop for speaking Persian on the phone to her brother.

She told the radio station: “They came up to me and said ‘can you leave, you’re disturbing the people here’. And I thought: Why? Just because I’m speaking Persian and I’m a foreigner? Yes.”

A Lublin police statement issued yesterday said “the trip participants did not report any complaints to Lublin police officers”.

The schoolgirls approached two policemen in English, who “heard from the people translating that there was no problem”.

The statement added: “The people exchanged polite smiles”.

It also said local police had examined CCTV footage, but it did “not show any incident involving foreigners”.

The Muslim schoolgirls said that a market stallholder in Lublin refused to sell them water because they were foreigners.

In another incident, one girl was allegedly threatened with a knife.

One girl described that in Lodz “a woman just came up to me and shouted ‘get out!’ and threw her drink over me and my camera – she said ‘get lost!'”

The girls were among a group of 20 children – mainly Muslims – from the Theodor Heuss Community School in Berlin.

Poland’s right-wing government has refused to take in Muslim refugees from Syria, stating that they would “struggle to integrate” in the country’s Catholic-majority society.

Defending Poland’s policy, Science and Higher Education Minister Jaroslaw Gowin said “every nation and people has a right to protect itself from extinction”.

http://5pillarsuk.com/2017/06/29/mus...rip-to-poland/

Member Array

Belgium votes to ban kosher and halal slaughter in its biggest territory

European Jewish Congress condemns decision as 'the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights in Belgium since the Nazi occupation of the country in World War II'

8 May 2017

Belgium's Wallooon region has voted to ban kosher and halal meats by outlawing the slaughter of unstunned animals.

The environment committee of southern Belgium's Walloon Parliament voted unanimously for the ban, which will take effect in September 2019 if the parliament's plenary approves the ban later this month.

Both Jewish kosher and Islamic halal rituals require the butcher to swiftly slaughter the animal by slitting its throat and draining its blood, a process condemned by animal rights campaigners, who argue it is more humane to stun animals before killing them.

Similar legislation has been proposed by the parliament in the northern Flemish region.

The European Jewish Congress has strongly condemned the decision, calling it "scandalous".

“This decision, in the heart of Western Europe and the centre of the European Union, sends a terrible message to Jewish communities throughout our continent that Jews are unwanted," EJC president Moshe Kantor said.

"It attacks the very core of our culture and religious practice and our status as equal citizens with equal rights in a democratic society. It gives succour to antisemites and to those intolerant of other communities and faiths."

He added: “We call on legislators to step back from the brink of the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights in Belgium since the Nazi occupation of the country in World War II."

A ban on the slaughter of animals without stunning will come into effect in January 2019 in the Flemish region of Belgium, the De Morgen daily newspaper reports.

Belgium's Muslim community said its religious council has previously expressed its opposition to stunned slaughter and there had been no change in its stance since then.

"Muslims are worried about whether they can eat halal food ... in conformity with their religious rites and beliefs," the Belgian Muslim Executive said.

Countries including Denmark, Switzerland and New Zealand already prohibit unstunned slaughter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgian-region-walloon-bans-kosher-halal-meat-islam-jewish-a7723451.html

Member Array

Spain: Nazi given community service after explosives found at home

Published September 6, 2017

A hardcore Nazi who posed with heavy weaponry shooting anti-fascist signs and built up an arsenal of guns and explosives is a free man today having been handed a community service sentence — as opposed to the 11 years in jail for terror offences that had been requested by prosecutors.

Miguel Antonio Reguera González was given the slap on the wrist, reduced from his original, already lenient, four-year sentence after a seven-year legal wrangle and despite being proven to have illegally possessed weapons, ammunition and material and explosive devices has not served a single day in prison.

The Leon Cacabelos resident was reported to the Civil guard in 2010 by Bierzo Antifa after he and some fascist friends uploaded a number of videos showing them firing various weapons in public spaces.

The self-styled “Rambo del Bierzo” were open in both the videos and on social media about their love for Adolf Hitler and Nazism, and Reguera was known to play white supremacist music loudly in his local neighbourhood. In his home he has plastered the walls with Nazi imagery, flags and symbols. He was a known member of local fascist cabal National Democratic Youth.

But following his initial arrest and the seizure of his arsenal, which included automatic weapons, incendiaries and even tank shells, it wouldn’t be until 2014 that his case was heard and he spent those years living normally with no precautionary measures taken to protect the public.

He was accused by the prosecution of illegally holding tank ammunition, illegal arms possession and possession of explosive substances and the formal hearing took place on November 23rd 2015, five years and nine months after his original arrest. He was sentenced to four years, less than half the standard sentence recommended by prosecutors.

Throughout the trial Reguera was backed by far-right groups in and around the town, with particularly strong backing from hardline rightist Cacabelos priest Jesús Álvarez, who used Mass to mobilise his parishioners in support of the gun-toting Nazi. The pastor, who is close friends with powerful people in the right-wing PP.
    Community service for a terror conviction

Five months later the court issued a note on the sentence, saying that, given the extended nature of the court case, Reguera deserved “consideration” for the “undue delay.” In an effort to make it up to the convicted gun-wielding Nazi bomb collector, the court suspended his sentence for three years and replaced it with a ten-month community service order.

Cacabelos City Council expected to take over the management of the case, as is usually done with other prisoners. Some media even pointed out that he might be seen out sweeping the streets as part of his sentence. But the General Secretariat of Penitentiary Institutions had other ideas.

Thus, in a letter dated June 16th, 2016 Reguera was given over to do his community service work for the benefit of the Community Caritas of Cacabelos, under the care of one pastor Jesús Álvarez — the same ultraconservative priest who had spent years trying to get him off the hook.

https://freedomnews.org.uk/spain-naz...unity-service/

Comments:

Two words for getting so light, "white privilege"

Member Array

How the EU conceals far-right acts of terrorism against Muslims

We now have proof from Europol itself that the bulk of far-right terrorism against refugees and minorities in Europe is almost systematically and deliberately excluded from statistics
    The double standards which structure the media coverage, the research and policies on terrorism are now well-known. They are visible daily, empirically verifiable, and amply documented.

To summarise, the reality of terrorism is systematically and doubly distorted. First, what we consider "terrorism" is usually reduced to focus only on those acts by non-state actors like al-Qaeda or Islamic State (IS) group. By itself, this enormously distorts reality as state terrorism is by far the worst kind of all.

But then terrorism is further restricted as it is attributed - through various narratives and representations - solely to "Islamic Jihadism".

The result is a grossly biased, distorted and, above all, perfectly inaccurate perception of the phenomenon – which seems to be the goal.

‘Terrorism’, a variable geometry word

The excellent and incisive American academic Juan Cole has concisely and humorously drawn up the list of these double standards which we can readily observe.

White terrorists are generally not terrorists but simple "murderers" or "criminals", while their Arab and/or Muslim counterparts are immediately perceived and categorised as "terrorists".
    Similarly, the former are always presented as isolated individuals with no relation whatsoever to any other person or group, while "jihadists" are inevitably part of a group, if not a vast planetary "Islamist" plot, even when it is clear that the attacker is a perfectly isolated individual, a loner cut off from everything.

A white and/or Christian terrorist will never be presented as typical of whites or Christians.
    On the other hand, an Arab will always be representative of the hypothetical flaws of the society to which he supposedly belongs. A Muslim who attacks other people shouting “Allahu Akbar” is therefore automatically regarded as emblematic of the “disease of Islam”, its so-called “innate violence”. All Muslims and their spiritual authorities, imams and others, will thus be asked to “denounce” his act, “to make their voices heard”, “to fight the violence brewing within them”.

In contrast, the Christian religion, Christians in general, and their authorities never ever have anything to do with "Christian terrorism", as expressed by the murders of doctors and nurses who practice abortions, or the attacks against clinics and family planning centres – acts that have been quite widespread over a long period of time in the United States, so much so that they have become banal and no longer surprise anyone.

Guilt and collective responsibility therefore apply only when the terrorist is a Muslim. By the way, that expression "Christianist terrorism"? Unlike "Islamist terrorism", it does not exist.

In addition, jihadists are always described as perfectly sane and in control of their actions; while others, especially those who kill or seek to kill Muslims, are usually presented as lunatics, maniacs and clinical cases that fall primarily within the field of psychiatry.

Most importantly, attacks by far-right extremists are never linked to a collective culture, certain dominant discourses, an ideology (anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, racialist, nationalist or other) despite the fact that those are constructed and propagated consistently by ideologists such as the writer Bat Ye’Or, with her insane “theories” on Eurabia and Europe’s "Islamisation"; blogs like Riposte Laïque or Fdesouche, major media outlets such as Valeurs Actuelles, Islamophobic intellectuals like Éric Zemmour or Renaud Camus, and influential political figures such as Donald Trump, Geert Wilders or Oskar Freysinger.

These ideologies, speeches, media and political leaders are never, at least legally, seen as responsible for anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant terrorism, while we consider "Salafism", "radical Islamism" (or simply "political" Islamism), or even Islam as a whole, as being the sources, origins or “antechambers” of jihadism – ideologies that must then be eradicated, including by expelling those who propagate them ("radical" imams), and closing places of worship on the basis of mere suspicions and without any proof.

The use of the word "terrorism" and the terms associated with it ("radicalisation", "extremism", etc) is therefore always highly selective
    . Its characterisation and treatment by our states responds to a variable geometry, and its criteria change randomly according to the attackers and the victims.

An emblematic case in point: Dylann Roof

Examples are legion. One of the most glaring is that of Dylann Roof, a 19-year-old American who, on 18 June 2015, killed nine black people in their church in Charleston, South Carolina, right in the middle of the mass in order to trigger, according to documents found at his home, “a war of races” in the United States.

Roof, a white supremacist who is classic in his ideology and culture, belonged to the Southern Christian Confederate movement. In his home, the investigators found loads of documents, pamphlets, flags, photographs, and supremacist and neo-Nazi manifestos, including his own website "The Last Rhodesian", where he proudly posed with the symbols of these movements and explained his motives and models, such as Apartheid and segregationist South Africa.

Despite all this, including his own confession about the racist and racial motivation of his killings, the US authorities and most of the major Western media refused to talk about a terrorist act. Obama described the killing as a “senseless shooting”. Major media outlets, both in Europe and the US, deployed a wealth of linguistic inventiveness (and hypocrisy) to avoid having to describe Roof for what he quite evidently was – a white Christian supremacist terrorist – and instead portrayed him as a murderer, an extremist, and even, for the New York Times, a hellish visitor!

Even more incredible in this undertaking of collective denial is the refusal of the head of the FBI himself, James Comey, to talk about terrorism while this attack corresponds in every way to his own agency’s definition. It could even be a textbook case.

It is easy to imagine the difference in the media, police, political and judicial treatment if, instead of a white Christian supremacist and his black victims, the murderer had been a Muslim Arab who had executed nine white people in their church shouting “Allahu Akbar” before the police found videos and texts of allegiance to IS in his home!

Dylann Roof was tried and sentenced to death in 2017, but for murder and “hate crimes”, not for terrorism, although this is what he is guilty of.

This is an example of how our media, police, political and judicial institutions deny and evacuate - including from official statistics - forms of non-"Islamist" terrorism, even among the most serious ones. Meanwhile, ideologies, opinion leaders and groups like the Tea Party, who create and nurture this kind of terrorism, can continue on while the authorities lash out at jihadism and its so-called "sources" in Salafism, "radical" mosques, the Muslim Brotherhood, and others.

Despite the lies, the ‘jihadist’ threat is still decreasing

Despite its alarmist rhetoric (used, of course, to justify its budget), the latest Europol report, “European Union Terrorism. Situation and Trend 2017”, shows that as for previous years, this terrorist threat with which we frighten our populations actually kills very little and that nothing, no cause of mortality, violent or not, kills less than that in Europe: 142 victims in 2016 out of the 28 EU countries’ 510 million inhabitants. We wish all other causes of violent death, from accidents to homicides, were at such a low level.

We also see how our leaders, media, pseudo-experts in terrorism and talking heads on television lie to us on both the scale and trends of this threat. While everyone, every day, hammers home the message that it has never been so high and that it keeps getting worse, the reality is the exact opposite, as stated by the Europol report: “The total number of 142 attacks is a continuation of a downward trend that started in 2014 when there were 226 attacks, followed by 211 in 2015."

Not only is the number of successful attacks low, but the proportion of “jihadist” attacks in relation to the total is similarly low (13 out of 142). And the so-called jihadist attacks have also been declining, both in number - from 17 in 2015, to 13 in 2016 - and victims -from 151 in 2015, to 142 in 2016.

You will never hear a politician telling you such a thing. You will never see these proven facts make the headlines of newspapers and magazines, fearmongering being so essential to rulers as a way of governance, and paranoid hysteria around terrorism so useful to some people.

Even more interesting: while we are told that the jihadist threat is now affecting everyone and that no country is immune, we find out that only three out of the 28 EU member states (France, Belgium, and Germany) have suffered one or more such attacks on their soil, whether successful or not, during the period under review (Europol report, page 49).

The vast majority of the EU, 25 countries out of 28, have not suffered any, even taking into account the failed or defeated attacks, despite the Syrian situation and the war against IS, which for two years have greatly exacerbated the threat.

How the EU excludes terrorist acts against Muslims, migrants and refugees from its figures

More importantly, a careful reading of the report tells us in just one paragraph, another thing that is truly flabbergasting, and confirms what has been suspected for some time: member states (with one exception, the Netherlands) do not consider “violent assaults by right-wing extremist individuals and groups […] targeting asylum seekers and ethnic minorities in general” to be terrorist acts!

They therefore do not include them in their figures, statistics, press releases and reports. The same applies to Europol, which builds on the data provided by these member states. Breathtaking.

The justification expressly given by the authors of the report can be found in a footnote, which itself refers to the methodological appendix. Here after some digging, one finds the famous definition of "terrorism" which, supposedly, justifies why these types of attacks are not taken into consideration.

Second surprise: the definition – which is also the definition adopted by the EU member states – does not justify in any way such a selective exclusion of “violent assaults by right-wing extremist individuals and groups […] targeting asylum seekers and ethnic minorities in general”. On the contrary.

Indeed, we can read that a terrorist act consists of “intentional acts which, given their nature or context, may seriously damage a country or an international organisation when committed with the aim of: seriously intimidating a population, or unduly compelling a government or international organisation to perform or abstain from performing an act, or seriously destabilising or destroying the fundamental political, constitutional, economic or social structures of a country or an international organisation".

Yet that is the exact definition, point by point, of these “violent assaults by right-wing extremist individuals and groups […] targeting asylum seekers and ethnic minorities in general”!

We therefore know that for the EU authorities and member states, ploughing into a crowd shouting “Allahu Akbar” is indeed terrorism, but burning alive Syrian refugees by setting fire to their reception centres (which happens regularly in Germany, Sweden and elsewhere), for example, is not.

The exclusion of such attacks against refugees and minorities from the ‘terrorism’ category is totally unjustifiable. It results indeed in camouflaging the reality and the scale (which is increasing, contrary to the diminishing ‘jihadism’) of terrorism against these groups and populations. It also completely distorts the statistics, speeches, and public perceptions of the phenomenon.

This deliberate choice is even more serious and unjustifiable given the context: a vertiginous surge of this type of attacks, recognised by Europol itself: “Refugees and ethnic minorities in the EU are facing increased violence”, and this wave of crimes is meant to “seriously intimidate sections of the population”. This constitutes, according to its own definition and that of the EU, one of the motivations and sufficient criteria for classifying a crime as a "terrorist act".

Notwithstanding, the report argues that they “do not qualify as terrorism or violent extremism and are therefore not reported by member states and consequently not included in the figures”. Appalling.

All the more so as a little further down the report (again in a small footnote readable only with a microscope), one finds the following: “An average of nearly 10 attacks a day were carried out on refugees in Germany in 2016, according to Germany’s Interior Ministry, as reported in open source media”. In other words, for that year alone, almost 3,500 attacks against the refugee population were committed, and as many potential terrorist acts excluded from the statistics.

One can only imagine – since we cannot know it for lack of accessible data – the astronomical number of attacks against the other ethnic minorities, or perceived as such, aside from refugees, and what the Europol reports or others and the speeches on the "terrorist threat" in our societies – its main targets and victims, its attackers, ideologies, inspiring personalities – would look like if all this was included and passed on by the member states and their agencies.

However, worse than this, there is distortion and denial: far-right Islamophobic, racist, anti-immigrant and anti-refugee terrorists are thus not only exempted from being labelled "terrorist" but – which is even more serious – they are also let off the hook from being investigated and from undergoing court proceedings that are launched against suspects and culprits when a violent crime, assault or murder is regarded as a terrorist act.

This terrorism, of which the mere figure above on Germany suggests that it might well be the most widespread of all, is at the same time protected from the attention, special measures, and public policies it could be subject to like "jihadism" is.

We now have the proof from Europol itself that the bulk of, if not all, far-right terrorism against refugees (Muslims and others) and ethnic minorities in Europe is almost systematically and deliberately excluded from the figures, statistics, speeches and public reports of the EU member states. This, in turn, means that these terrorists are protected from the anti-terrorist policies that could target them as hard as their jihadist counterparts.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/essays/...lims-298795357

Member Array

Drivers wearing face veil in Germany will now be fined as controversial ban comes into force

Lawmakers introduced the move to ‘ensure a driver’s identity can be determined’

by Lydia Smith - 9/24/2017

Motorists in Germany have been prohibited from driving with part or all of their face covered.

The move, brought in among a host of other new traffic laws, applies to all facial coverings including masks but has been interpreted by many as a ban on burqas and niqabs.

The German parliament’s upper house, the Bundesrat, introduced the measure to “ensure a driver’s identity can be determined” if they are caught speeding.

Drivers now face a fine of 60 Euros (£53) if they cover their faces.

Although the law allows some religious head coverings such as headscarves worn by Muslim women, critics have said the move is symbolic.

Nurhan Soykan, of Germany’s Central Council of Muslims, told Deutsche Welle: “Proof of this is the fact that laws are being passed in areas that don't need to be regulated.

“We know of no case in which a burqa or niqab wearer caused an accident that can be linked to wearing a full-body veil.”

Earlier this year, the German parliament supported a draft law banning women working in the civil service, judiciary and military from wearing a full-face Islamic veil.

German chancellor Angela Merkel announced her support for the move, saying full-face veils were “not acceptable” in the country and calling for them to be banned “wherever it is legally possible”.

In February, the state of Bavaria prohibited full-face Islamic veils in schools, universities, polling stations and government offices.

Several countries, including France, Belgium and the Netherlands, have introduced partial bans on wearing the Islamic full body covering.

The new ban was brought in with a host of other traffic laws, including fines for drivers who look at their mobile phones instead of the road.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7962626.html

German elections: Far-right wins MPs for first time in half a century

AfD has entered Parliament, with Merkel set to return as Chancellor

by Jon Stone Berlin - 9/24/2017

A far-right party has won seats in the German parliament for the first time in half a century, in an election that saw Angela Merkel returned as chancellor for the fourth contest straight.

The German chancellor pledged to address the concerns of people who voted for the anti-Muslim and anti-immigration AfD after initial results showed it winning 13.5 per cent of the vote – at the higher end of what was expected.

Meanwhile, the centre-left SPD – the current coalition partners of Ms Merkel's CDU and a titan of German politics for 150 years – have hit a historic low of just 20 per cent, the social democratic party's worst showing since the Second World War.

Small parties in general did well in the election and were all up on the 2013 election, with the the liberal FDP re-entering the Bundestag with 10.5 per cent of the vote, the Greens on 9.5 per cent, and the left-wing Die Linke on 9 per cent. Turnout and voter participation also appears to have climbed since the previous election, which was held in 2013.

SPD leader Martin Schulz immediately ruled out going back into coalition with Ms Merkel, leaving the Chancellor likely to go into coalition with the liberals and the Greens – the so called "Jamaica Coalition" because the colour of the parties matches the country's flag yellow, black, and green flag.

Such a coalition has not been formed at German national level before – though it does sometimes occur in Germany's state parliaments, such as in Schleswig-Holstein where it currently operates.

Ms Merkel could alternatively try to form a minority government if she is unable to secure the formal backing of other parties – with coalition negotiations expected to take weeks or even months.

The result is a huge blow for Mr Schulz, a former president of the European Parliament who became SPD leader earlier this year and once hoped to unseat Ms Merkel from the Bundeskanzleramt.

Speaking after exit polls were released, Ms Schulz attacked "right-wing extremism" of the AfD and told supporters assembled in Berlin: "What is depressing for us tonight is the result of the AfD.

"For the first time with them there will be far right representation in the Bundestag."

One of the largest cheers of the night from Mr Schulz's address was his announcement that he would drop the coalition with Ms Merkel – a pact that has cause rifts within the SPD. Mr Schulz himself did not serve as a minister in the government, he says, because he wanted to replace Ms Merkel as chancellor.

In a speech following the exit poll, Ms Merkel attacked "illicit migration" and said "internal and domestic security" would be one of the focuses of coming months – an apparent nod to the AfD's priorities.

She told assembled CDU supporters: "We got where we wanted to be, we wanted to be the strongest power. It is down to us to form a government, and against us, no government can be formed.

"After 12 years of being responsible for the government, the result we had today is really not something you can take for granted. Naturally, there's a challenge facing us for the future, and that is that the AfD has made it into parliament.

"We will have to win back those who voted for the AfD by solving their problems, by taking on board their concerns – their fears in some cases – but also by demonstrating good policymaking.

"In recent months we have fought for a Germany that we want to live in well, and now we need to set the course to ensure that in five and ten years' time it's still the case."

Alexander Garland, the lead candidate for the AfD said: "The government, whatever it will look like, should get ready for tough times. We'll chase them. We'll take back our country and our people."

The campaign was dominated by the AfD's messaging on the refugee crisis and Muslims in particular, with the party's anti-Islam posters littered all over German cities and towns.

Early set projections suggest that the CDU will hold 218 MPs in the coming session of the Bundestag, and the SPD 138.

The AfD is set to take 88, the FDP 69, the Left 58 and the Greens 60.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7964796.html

Member Array

After Austria, Denmark set to become next Islamophobe European country to ban burqas

Days after Austria banned full-face covering of women, Denmark looks set to become the next European country to restrict burqa and niqab, after most parties in the Danish parliament backed some sort of ban on facial coverings.

Full and partial face veils such as burqas and niqabs divide opinion across Europe, setting advocates of religious freedom against secularists and those who argue that such garments are culturally alien or a symbol of the oppression of women.

The niqab covers everything but the eyes, while the burqa also covers the eyes with a transparent veil.

France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Bulgaria and the German state of Bavaria have all imposed some restrictions on the wearing of full-face veils in public places.

“This is not a ban on religious clothing, this is a ban on masking,” Jacob Ellemann-Jensen, spokesman for the Liberal Party, told reporters on Friday after his party, the largest in the coalition government, decided to back a ban.

This would effectively mean a ban on the niqab and the burqa, he added. Around 200 women in Denmark wear such garments, according to researchers.

The three-party centre-right minority government, its ally the Danish People’s Party and the main opposition Social Democrats have all said they are in favor of a ban, though they are still discussing how the ban should be designed and enforced.

Norway’s government in June proposed a ban on face-covering veils in kindergartens, schools and universities.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1524722...ry-ban-burqas/

Member Array

Independence march in Poland draws thousands of people some “praying for Islamic holocaust”

Tens of thousands of right-wing protesters dominated Poland’s Independence Day celebrations with Islamophobic placards calling for a holocaust against Muslims.

An estimated 60,000 people attended the march in the capital city of Warsaw, with protesters chanting “clean blood”, “pure Poland” and “white Poland”.

President Andrzej Duda presided over state ceremonies, as well as the European Union’s president Donald Tusk, who is a former prime minister of Poland.

The right-wing march was the largest Independence Day event in recent years, overshadowing official state observances and other patriotic events.

Some participants expressed clear Islamophobic and white supremacist ideas, with some banners reading “White Europe of brotherly nations” and “Pray for Islamic holocaust”.

Participants marched under the slogan “We Want God,” words from an old Polish religious song that President Donald Trump quoted during a visit to Warsaw earlier this year.

Speakers spoke of standing against Islam and defending Christian values.

Police estimated that out of the 60,000 people who took part, most were young white men and elderly Poles.

The march has become one of Europe largest demonstrations, and Saturday drew far-right leaders from across Europe, including Britain’s Tommy Robinson and Roberto Fiore from Italy.

State broadcaster TVP, which reflects the conservative government’s policies, called it a “great march of patriots,” and in its broadcasts described the event as one that drew mostly regular Poles expressing their love of Poland – not extremists. [defending their extremist publid]

Interior Minister Mariusz Blaszczak said: “It was a beautiful sight. We are proud that so many Poles have decided to take part in a celebration connected to the Independence Day holiday.”

Independence Day marks Poland regaining its sovereignty at the end of World War I after being partitioned and ruled since the late eighteenth century by Russia, Prussia and the Hapsburg Empire.

http://5pillarsuk.com/2017/11/13/ind...mic-holocaust/

Five Polish-Muslim facts everyone should know

This week, thousands of Polish nationalists and far-right supporters took to the streets of Warsaw, some of them holding anti-Muslim signs, including one that read “pray for Islamic holocaust”. Aired across the globe, the shocking scenes left many wondering if Poland has forgotten its considerable Muslim heritage.

1. MUSLIMS HAVE BEEN IN POLAND FOR SEVEN CENTURIES

Muslim Tatars first came to Poland from the Crimea in the 14th century, when they were invited to help the Polish-Lithuanian alliance fight the Christian Knights of the Teutonic Order. They famously joined the alliance at the Battle of Grunwald in 1410 and saved both nations. As a reward, they were invited to stay and were given land around the borderlands of Poland, Lithuania and Belarus, where many families have resided ever since, making them one of Europe’s oldest Muslim communities.

2. POLAND IS HOME TO EUROPE’S MOST INDIGENOUS MOSQUES

The historic mosques of Poland are found in two towns close to the northeastern border. The 18th-century Bohoniki Mosque and the 19th-century Kruszyniany mosque are often mistaken for local churches. Their square, wooden buildings and pitched roofs, where onion-domed turrets point skyward, are reminiscent of local, rural orthodox churches. The only clue that these are Muslim places of worship are the crescents on the top. Five more of these very European-looking mosques survive in Lithuania and Belarus.

3. MUSLIMS HAVE FOUGHT FOR POLAND FOR OVER 600 YEARS

Ever since the 1410 Battle of Grunwald, Polish Muslims have fought in every major war for Poland. This included going up against the Ottomans at the 1683 Battle of Vienna, led by Polish King John III Sobieski; the Napoleonic Wars; and the Second World War, in which a Polish Tatar Regiment fought against the German Nazis. To acknowledge their brave and loyal contribution, a statue of a mounted Tatar soldier was unveiled at Orunia Park in Gdansk in 2010.

4. POLAND’S MILITARY HAD IMAMS

Polish-Muslim soldiers were so highly regarded that the Polish Army installed its very own imams at the start of the 20th century. The imams took Islamised oaths from new Muslim recruits and led soldiers in daily prayers. They oversaw funerals, marriages and nightly prayers during the month of Ramadan, when Polish-Muslim soldiers were allowed to fast. The last of these Imams, Ali Ismail Woronowicz, was posthumously awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta in 2011 after being killed by the Soviet Union in 1941.

5. POLAND HAS ALWAYS SUPPORTED ITS MUSLIM COMMUNITIES

Throughout the nation’s history, Polish nobles and leaders have supported the Polish-Muslim community even after periods of discontent. This began in the 14th century, when they were first granted nobility. After the Tatar Mutiny of the 17th century, when many switched allegiance because their religious and cultural rights had been denied, King John III Sobieski asked them to return and promised to reinstate them. During the 2005 Danish cartoons controversy, which upset many Polish-Muslims, the country’s Prime Minister Kazimierz Marcinkiewicz came out and said that he shared “the feelings of those who may feel offended”. The PM then reminded his nation that “Poland was and still remains a country of tolerance. This fact is confirmed by the 600-year presence of the Muslim Tatar community in the territory of the Republic of Poland.”

https://www.mysalaam.com/en/story/fi...15112017080852

Member Array

Iceland Bans American Televangelists

BY ANDREW HALL - AUGUST 22, 2017

Reykjavik, Iceland – This island nation situated in the North Atlantic took a monumental leap forward today by passing legislation banning American televangelists. The Icelandic Psychological Defense Act (IPDA) takes effect immediately. No American televangelist may set his or her foot in the small nation of 330,000 souls. No programming by such people may be shown on Icelandic television or played on the radio.

Genesis of the Icelandic Psychological Defense Act

Like most of the world, Iceland is watching the United States of America with growing concern. President Trump won the election in part by blowing demagogic dog whistles so loud even racist German Shepherds across the Atlantic could hear. Many in Iceland wondered if he could’ve won without the support of conservative churches and their faith-based flocks hoping for the biblical apocalypse?

The answer is obvious.

Prime Minister Andrew Kanard touted the IPDA while soaking in one of the many hot springs the country enjoys:

We in Iceland value our relationship with the United States of America. It is a great nation with a history they should be proud of. Currently, however, they seem to off whatever medication their doctor prescribed for them. Iceland wishes to support our friend in need. In that spirit, we are sending teachers over there to educate and assist rural communities infected with ignorance and superstition. What we will not do is allow ourselves to be invaded by that ignorance and superstition which is propagated by televangelists.

Icelandic Psychological Defense Act’s Controversies

The decision to ship vital resources to the United States is done with a heavy heart. Much needed resources slated for sub-Saharan Africa must now be directed to the country with the most bloated military budget in the world.

“It’s a waste. They are willfully ignorant. It doesn’t matter how many math textbooks you give them. They have the Bible,” remarked one anonymous African politician.

Icelandic and American conservative Christian relations soured ever since Iceland declared Christianity a public health threat. This new action is causing American televangelists to declare a spiritual holy war against Iceland. Prayer groups are forming to pray-bomb Iceland back into the Bronze Age. If they are successful, then it is expected the country will become the 14th state of the Confederacy.

President Trump recently announced a brand new strategy of adding more troops in Afghanistan to fight religious fanaticism that is different from American religious fanaticism. In a tweet, the President announced that troops could easily put down rebellions in NATO countries affected by secular fanaticism.

Iceland isn’t taking those threats seriously. With Trump under siege politically at home, the American President is probably too busy destroying his own country than to attack little Iceland.

Skeptics point out that a lot hinges on that word probably.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughin...televangelists

comments:

They don't want their citizens becoming radicalized like the so called "angry lone wolfs" of the US who are doing terrorism on their own citizens and getting away with it.

Member Array

Muslims are ‘not completely human,’ Swedish politician claims, causing uproar

26 Nov, 2017

Martin Strid, of the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats
    (SD), made the comments while addressing party faithful gathered for the SD’s national conference. Other members have distanced themselves from Strid who now faces expulsion.

Addressing the crowd, Strid, according to various local sources said that there is a scale of humanity from 1 to 100, that Muslims can be placed upon and that not all are 100 percent human.

“On one end of the scale you are 100 percent human, a person, everything that’s part of that concept. At the other end, you are 100 percent Mohammedan,” he said. He continued, saying that “all Muslims are somewhere on that scale” with ISIS militants “close to being 100 percent Mohammedan.”

Though he wasn’t finished: “If you are an ex-Muslim you have come quite far towards being fully human” while also stating that he wanted to “free Muslims from Islam, the goal is for them to join SD instead.”

Strid’s inflammatory speech was recorded by Swedish broadcaster SVT and was shared online, in one instance by the group “Inte rasist, men” (Not racist, but) whose mission is to “showcase the inexhaustible source of humor and horror that the Sweden Democrats stand for.”

SD members distanced themselves from Strid’s comments, with party secretary Richard Jomshof, branding them “racist” and that he expected Strid to be expelled from the SD. Party leader, Jimmie Åkesson, echoed these sentiments, saying in an interview with SVT that Strid’s comments “may be the worst I have ever heard in such a context” and that it is “very close to racism.”

For his part, Strid apologised for his remarks. “It was very unfortunate and I expressed myself very clumsily,” the Local reports him as saying in an interview with news agency TT, he further said that he was aware his speech could be interpreted as saying Muslims are not 100 percent human.

“I have realised [this] and it’s very unfortunate. I know a lot of Muslims and am good friends with a lot. People are people, of course,” he said.

https://www.rt.com/news/411015-musli...human-swedish/

Swedish politician forced to resign after saying Muslims are 'not fully human'

Martin Strid was a member of the right-wing Sweden Democrats

by Jeff Farrel - 11/27/2017

A politician in Sweden has been forced to step down after he said in a live TV debate that Muslims were not “fully human”.

Martin Strid, a member of the right-wing Sweden Democrats
    , sparked the controversy when he ranked Islamists [Muslims] on a scale of “0 to 100” while speaking at a party national conference.

"On one end you are 100 per cent human, a person, everything that’s part of that concept. At the other end, you are 100 per cent Mohammedan," he said, according to a translation of his comments by the Swedish edition of The Local.

Mr Strid’s party colleagues immediately denounced his comments, with its secretary Richard Jomshof saying the statement amounted to "racism".

"Everyone has fundamental human worth, the same for everyone. If you think that someone has a worse value based on a certain skin colour or the community they are part of, that is racism for me. We will not accept that," Mr Jomshof said

Mr Strid tried to explain himself by saying Isis members were "close to being 100 per cent Mohammedan" but added that "all Muslims are somewhere on that scale".

The local politician from the town of Borlänge added: "If you are an ex-Muslim you have come quite far towards being fully human.” He was speaking at the party’s national conference in Norrköping, Östergötland in the south east of Sweden.

SD board member and MP Aron Emilsson later officially distanced the party from Mr Strid.

"It is a statement we, from the party leadership, take a clear distance from. Categorising people and human values ​​based on what religious beliefs you have is a way we cannot argue,” it said, according to a report by SVT. “It is contrary to our basic view of human dignity.”

Mr Emilsson’s statement did not call for Mr Strid to step down, only saying his comments “will certainly be handled in some way".

Mr Strid later apologised for his statement after a barrage of criticism.

"It was very unfortunate, I expressed myself very clumsy," he told news site TT.

Mr Strid quit the party hours later, The Local reported.

But party leader Jimmie Åkesson dismissed the controversy, saying he had "never heard of [Strid] before" his speech, TV4 reported.

"In this case it is very clear that if it isn't racism it is very close to racism," said Åkesson.

Sweden is set to go the polls in a general election scheduled for September next year, with Sweden Democrats recently becoming the most popular party in the country
    , according to one poll.

A YouGov survey in March found nearly a quarter – 23.9 per cent – of people said they would vote for the party if an election was held then.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8077521.html

comments:

This retard still lives in the 14th century to be using the term "mohamaden", like his ignorant ancestors did because they believed that the Muslims worship Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) like these Christians worship Christ.

How immigration is fuelling Sweden's economic boom

Leading economist says Scandinavian nation's experience shows UK Government should reverse plans to tighten immigration

by Birdie Witton - 8/2016

Immigration has helped fuel Sweden's biggest economic boom in five years, new figures have revealed.

The Swedish government, whose policies saw the country take in more refugees per capita than any other in Europe last year, helped lower unemployment rates by increased spending on welfare for asylum seekers from war torn countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.

The move helped the Nordic region's largest economy expand 4.5 percent on an annual basis in the fourth quarter of 2015, the most in almost five years and more than twice the growth of Germany, according to Bloomberg.

Increased consumer spending and borrowing and high house prices also contributed to the boom which, although projected to fade, has consolidated Sweden as one of Europe's success stories.

National Institute of Economic and Social Research fellow Jonathan Portes said economies benefitted from more workers, but emphasised the difference between immigrants and refugees.

"What the Swedish experience tells us is that even in the short term, even when you have a very large influx of refugees, there is a perception this is an impossible burden on the state," he told The Independent.

"But in the short term it increases growth."

He said the Swedish government needed to have a long-term strategy to successfully integrate refugees and continue the growth.

But the news came as Theresa May's government announced plans to curb immigration and the number of skilled migrant workers entering the UK - policies Mr Portes said should be reversed because they will reduce economic growth.

"The Government has just announced policies which their own economists have said will reduce productivity and will reduce exports," he said.

"That is the last thing that the economy needs.

"The Government perceives that it is important to reduce immigration, even if that reduction in immigration reduces economic growth.

"Migrants benefit the UK economy already but the Government wants to reduce migration, even if it means harming the economy.

"If anyone was in a position to think about how to improve things, they would reverse these policy announcements. They are entirely negative for the UK economy."

Conservative Party plans to slow immigration and could compel firms employing from abroad to use tests to ensure foreign workers do not take jobs "British people could do".

Businesses may even be 'named and shamed' by being forced to publish what proportion of their workforce comes from overseas.
    Foreigners looking for work driving taxis could be faced with mandatory immigration checks and overseas students will also be hit by much tougher rules.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7347136.html

comments:

Their bigots want kill Muslims and think of them as sub-human while their economies depend on Muslims. Their dieing population wouldn't be able to sustain their economies or society, which is why nations allow immigrations into their lands and why they bomb and invade other lands, especially Muslim lands, so those nations with large working age populatioin don't suprpass these fascists westerners.