Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Member Array

Finsbury Park Mosque gets threatening letters promising “rivers of blood”

2nd July 2017

Finsbury Park Mosque in London has been sent threatening letters promising “rivers of blood,” less than two weeks after a terror attack happened on its doorstep.

Makram Ali, 51, was killed and nine other people injured when a van ploughed into worshippers who had just attended The Muslim Welfare House near the mosque on June 19.

Media reports say the letters warn that the attack is “only the beginning” and that another could take place in August.

Mohammed Kozbar, chairman of the Finsbury Park mosque, said the severity of the threats in the letters have left him concerned that another attack could take place soon.

One anonymous letter, which has since been reported to the police, read: “The attack using the van was only the beginning. The fun will continue this August. There will be rivers of blood flowing down the streets — I will make sure of this. None of you vermin will survive. I mean who would survive being gassed, or beheaded, or blown up.”

http://5pillarsuk.com/2017/07/02/fin...vers-of-blood/

Member Array

Spike in number of race hate crimes being committed on Greater Manchester's trains

The region is the worst place in the north west for offences

29 JUN 2017

Transport police have launched a crackdown on race hate crime after 43 shocking incidents on Greater Manchester’s trains in just six months.

The figures, released by British Transport Police (BTP), show that the region is the worst place in the north west for offences.

There have been 43 race hate crimes committed since the beginning of the year.

There were 19 recorded incidents in Liverpool, seven in Preston and six in Crewe.

In one example a woman reported she was racially abused while travelling on a train from Lancaster to Manchester Piccadilly, on Saturday, June 24.

BTP chiefs launched an investigation and reviewed CCTV footage.

A 47-year-old man has since been arrested in connection with the incident.

BTP officials are currently visiting stations across the region in a bid to stamp out race hate crime as part of the #WeStandTogether campaign.

BTP officers will also be speaking to commuters about how they tackle hate crime and advice on what to do if you are a victim or witness.

Inspector Granville Sellers said: “Everyone has the right to travel safely and not to be targeted, simply because of who they are or because of who you or your friends and family are, or who people think they are.

“Any victimisation or intolerance that is driven by hatred will have a significant and often much greater emotional and psychological impact on those involved, but offences that are motivated by hate and prejudice also have the wider potential to divide communities.

“Particularly after the recent horrific events in Manchester and London, now more than ever, we need to stand together to address hatred and extremism.

“There is never any excuse and we take our responsibility to investigate this type of crime, and provide full support to victims of hate crime extremely seriously.

“If you are a victim of hate crime, or if you witness an incident that makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not suffer in silence – report it to us and we will do everything we can to help.”

Anyone who wants to report a crime can call British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or text to 61016. In an emergency, call 999.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....wsApp_AppShare

Member Array

White Extremist Christianist slapped Muslim teenager with bacon and called her ‘Isil scum’

A white terrorist has been jailed after he walked up to a Muslim in the street and slapped her with bacon.

Alex Chivers, 36, called his teenage victim ‘Isil scum’ and shouted ‘you deserve this’ when before striking her with the bacon.

video:
    http://video.metro.co.uk/video/met/2...2899637479.mp4

When he carried out the assault he put what appears to be a ski mask on and wore a motorbike helmet to cover his face.

He also covered his mouth, chin and neck with black clothing, but police tracked him down using CCTV footage.

He pleaded guilty to religiously or racially aggravated assault and has been jailed for 38 weeks over the attack.

The victim, who had been walking with her mother, was not injured but was left very distressed as a result of the incident on June 8 in Hertford Road, Enfield.

He admitted the attack at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court, Islington, last Thursday and was sentenced yesterday.

He was also ordered to pay a £115 victim surcharge and will complete a 12-month supervision order when he is released on licence.

DC James Payne from Enfield Community Safety Unit (CSU) said: ‘This was a truly shocking incident.

‘The victim was out with her mother and getting on with her day when Chivers abused her and then set upon her with something he knew would both upset and offend her.

‘We know other people were present during this attack, including an associate of Chivers’ who filmed the incident. Enquiries are ongoing to trace these people and if you have any information that may assist in identifying them please contact the Community Safety Unit at Enfield via 101.

‘The Community Safety Unit here in Enfield would encourage all victims of hate crime to contact police so that the culprits can be identified and brought to justice.’

The Metropolitan Police said that it recognises that this kind of attack goes under-reported by victims.

The force added in a statement: ‘We would appeal to anyone who witnesses or suffers any hate of any type to immediately report it so that action can quickly be taken and catch those responsible.

‘Hate crime can be reported through 999 in an emergency, by dialling 101 in a non-emergency, directly at a police station, through the MOPAC Hate Crime app or through community reporting methods such as Tell MAMA, Galop, or the Community Security Trust.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/30/man-sl...#ixzz4li3TPwds

Member Array

Second Mosque Attack by Terrorist

June 20, 2017

Video footage of a suspect who was tasered and arrested at Regent's Park Mosque after he allegedly attempted to attack Muslims after taraweeh prayers tonight.

video: https://www.facebook.com/aamaralam/p...11301792321346

Ilford Shooting: Shocked Muslims Help Bloodied Man Who Came into Mosque After Being Shot and Stabbed

Some worshippers thought there had been another terror attack

By Mark Chandler - 6/21/2017

Shocked Muslims leaving prayers rushed to help when a bleeding man who had been shot and stabbed ran into a mosque saying he had been attacked.

The victim, described as a clean-shaven Sikh man
    , staggered into the Ilford Community Centre on Eton Road just before 2pm on Monday, bleeding from his shoulder.

Those at the centre called for an ambulance and police to help the wounded man.

Bashir Chaudhry, chairman of the mosque, said some people feared another terror attack had taekn place after people were mowed down early on Monday morning outside a mosque in Finsbury Park.

But he said worshippers reacted calmly to the situation.

He told the Standard: "Someone walked into the centre and he was bleeding very badly.

"When I spoke to him he said 'I've been attacked'.

"I immediately called the police and ambulance. It's what anyone else would have done."

Mr Chaudhry said the man then left the centre and he followed him out to a nearby house and waited for emergency services to arrive.

"I tried to help him," he said. "At that time people were leaving the mosque and they saw him and he was very badly hurt.

"He was bleeding from the back of his neck and his shoulder and from his face."

"Some people misunderstood what had happened," he said. "They thought somebody had attacked the worshippers, that the mosque had been attacked, which is not right."

"With what's been going on in Finsbury Park and other places, people are concerned really."

A spokesman for the Met said: "Police in Redbridge are dealing after a man was shot and stabbed.

"Officers were called at 2.02pm on Monday, 19 June, to Eton Road, Ilford, to reports a man armed with a knife. Attending officers found a man in a residential address suffering from stab and gunshot wounds. He was taken to an east London hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening."

Police said there had been no arrests so far and the incident is not being treated as terror-related.

It is believed the victim knew his attacker, police said.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3568546.html

Member Array

VIDEO: Man threatens to chop off beard and kill an elderly Muslim man in London

3rd July 2017

Video footage of a man threatening to chop off the beard and murder an elderly Muslim man in the London borough of Newham.

This video was cross-posted from the DOAM YouTube channel.

Racist assault on Muslim revellers in Oxford park

Muslim women and children were at the park for eid celebrations and were attacked by islamophobe bigoted anglo christian men and women

26 June 2017

Sudanese women and children were targeted by a "racist mob"
    in Oxford at the start of Eid, a charity claims.

Police were called at 14:26 BST on Sunday to reports of an altercation between two groups of people in Florence Park off Cricket Road.

Thames Valley Police said "racist language" had reportedly been used. One person was taken to hospital and another was treated by paramedics.

Oxford Homeless Project said a woman was knocked unconscious in the attack.

Shabnam Sabir, from the charity, tweeted: "Sudanese women and children attacked by #racist mob in #Florence park on #Eid in Oxford! Wom[a]n unconscious but ok now!"

A witness, who did not wish to be named, told BBC News that a woman had been punched and kicked after being hit by a ball from someone in another group.

A member of the group accused of the attack, who asked not to be named, said the football hit the woman accidentally and at no time did they use or hear any racist language.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40411297

Muslim woman brutally attacked and mugged
    in Weavers Fields, Bethnal Green, East London

victim's testimony: https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/...9432338770995/

VIDEO: Man assaults Muslim woman and calls her a “f*ckin Muslim wh*re”

3rd July 2017

Video footage of a man who assaulted and called a female Muslim passenger a “fu*king Muslim wh*ore” before he was restrained by the the lady’s male relative.

This video was cross-posted from the DOAM YouTube channel.

Woman left terrified after racist neo-nazi sticker on her car declares area a “white zone”

A black British woman is living in fear after a neo-Nazi leaflet was left on her car declaring the area a ‘White Zone’ – in Torquay.

Isatta Kallon, 49, had been enjoying a day out with her family at the Devon resort when she returned to find the offensive note on her windscreen.

It appeared to be from ‘National Action’ – a far-right UK white supremacist group which was declared a terrorist organisation and banned by the Home Secretary last December.

The leaflet, showing a masked man performing a Hitler-style salute, also carried the menacing words ‘White Zone’ in large capital letters.

Sierra Leone-born Isatta believes she was deliberately targeted because hers was the only car in the road that had the message left on it.

She has lived in Plymouth, Devon, for 20 years and said she has never felt scared to live in Britain before now.

Isatta said: “At first I didn’t see the sticker but when I did, I thought ‘is this for real?’

“I definitely think we were targeted as I walked around and looked at all of the other cars which didn’t have stickers.

“I believe they would have seen us get out of the car.

“It’s unbelievable and I was really upset about it. I ended up getting really agitated and decided to report it to the police.”

The incident happened when Isatta, a refugee service coordinator for the Red Cross, left her car parked in Torquay on Saturday (July 1).

The poster put on Isatta’s car is one which has been seen around various locations in the UK.

She added: “I was with my family from Sierra Leone who have visited me for the last 20 years of which I have lived in Plymouth.

“One of my friends works for the racial equality council in Reading who was with us.

“One positive is that since I have shared the picture of the sticker, people I don’t know are appalled and they have been sending positive messages- which shows this hate group is a minority.

“But the downside is, why should my children suffer – they were born here – I wonder what’s going to happen if this is still going on in 2017?

“Any kind of discrimination is not on. There is no place for them in our society.”

Devon and Cornwall Police said they were investigating the incident.

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/new...te-zone/04/07/

Member Array

Machete-Wielding Man Shouted He Would 'Chop all Muslims up' Outside Justin Bieber Concert

30 June 2017

A machete-wielding man was arrested as tens of thousands of young fans gathered for a Justin Bieber concert nearby.

A foot-long blade was discovered as police tackled the man as fans gathered in the packed streets.

Two men were arrested as footage emerged of police wrestling one of the men to the floor just 500 yards from the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

More than 40,000 young fans are expected to attend the Welsh-leg of the Desposito singer's Purpose world tour.

One witness said: "I walked past as there was lots of screaming and shouting as the police were there.

"I saw a guy get arrested and the police officer hold the knife - it was massive.

"It's terrifying to think something like this could happen with so many people in town.

"It was very scary after what happened at the Ariana Grande concert."

A manager at the Viva Brazil bar and restaurant, who didn't want to be named, said: "There was a big police presence outside but it was all over very quickly.

"Thankfully no one was hurt. I wouldn't like to say anymore because it's obviously an ongoing police matter."

A spokeswoman for South Wales Police said two men were arrested following a "motoring dispute".

She said: "South Wales Police were called to a dispute involving motorists on Saunders Road, Cardiff, at approximately 3.05pm. Two men, aged 19 and 27, were arrested nearby on Penarth Road.

The 27-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of affray and the 19-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of using threatening behaviour. Both are currently in custody at Cardiff Bay Police Station.

"There are no reports of any injuries."

Machete-wielding man shouted he would 'chop all Muslims up' outside Justin Bieber concert, witness says

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...bieber-concert

Two Niqabi Muslim women viciously attacked in London

LondonNiqabiAttack.jpg

Member Array

Fakenham Man Threatened To Kill Muslims On Day Of Manchester Terror Attack

by Taz Ali - 29 June 2017

A 60-year-old man called police and threatened to kill Muslims on the day of the Manchester terror attack, a court heard.

John Taylor of Red Lion Court, Fakenham, pleaded guilty to making threats to kill and communicating a threatening message when he appeared before King's Lynn magistrates.

Jane Foster, prosecuting, said on May 22 this year, at 5.23pm, Taylor called the police and threatened to shoot Muslims and Turks.

Mrs Foster added the police call handler said he sounded intoxicated and the language used "demonstrated hostility to Turkish people and Muslims".

The court heard police officers visited Taylor's address the same day but he had shut the door and refused to speak to them.

The following day, on May 23, police officers went to see Taylor again at his home at 5.40pm and found him intoxicated.

Mrs Foster said Taylor, who is unemployed, told police officers he was English and that they needed to speak to "them Muslims".

She added Taylor said to police they did not know what happened in Manchester and that he would smash their shop windows and stab them. He said if the police did not arrest him now they would be back after he "knifes one of them Muslims", Mrs Foster added.

In a police interview, Taylor said he got into an argument outside a kebab shop after drinking in the pub. He said he had been in a strop and said nasty things when he was drunk.

He said he had no intention to carry out the threats and he was not a racist because he went to Turkey on holiday, the court heard.

Alistair Taunton, mitigating, said Taylor was "embarrassed, ashamed and disappointed with himself".

He said Taylor was outside the pub on May 22 when somebody made a comment to turkish people nearby and they thought it was made by Taylor. After an argument ensued, Taylor went home and took the wrong medication, which he takes for depression and anxiety, Mr Taunton added.

Chairman of the bench Sophie Archer told Taylor the threats he made were serious and taken seriously by the police.

He was given a conditional discharge for three years and fined £300.
    He was also ordered to pay £85 court costs and £30 victim surcharge.
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/fa...tack-1-5084465

comments:

This terrorist threatens to murder Muslims and the police visit him as if they were selling something to him. Then the typical white kuffar excuses come out of mental illness, drunkenness, etc.

Finsbury Park Mosque Sent Threatening Letters Promising 'Rivers of Blood'

30 Jun 2017

Finsbury Park mosque has been sent threatening letters promising 'rivers of blood', less than two weeks after it was targeted in a terror attack.

Makram Ali, 51, was killed and nine other people injured when a van ploughed into worshippers who had just attended Ramadan prayers at the Finsbury Park Mosque on June 19.

And letters sent to the mosque and shown to Vice News warn that the attack is 'only the beginning' and that another could take place in August.

Mohammed Kozbar, chairman of the Finsbury Park mosque, said the severity of the threats in the letters have left him concerned that another attack could take place soon.

One anonymous letter, which has since been reported to the police, read: 'The attack using the van was only the beginning.

'The fun will continue this August. There will be rivers of blood flowing down the streets - I will make sure of this. None of you vermin will survive. I mean who would survive being gassed, or beheaded, or blown up.'

Another message demanded the mosque pay £18,445.17
    to repair any damage the van suffered when it mowed down victims.

The postcard read: 'Mr Osborne was not insured unfortunately and in these times of austerity we all need as much cash as possible.'

"When you receive something like that it is not a threat to an individual, it's a threat for the whole community," Kozbar told VICE News, adding that not enough was being done by the U.K. government to protect Muslims from hate crimes.

Mr Kozbar, who has been chairman of the London mosque for six years, says he has seen hate crimes against Muslims increase year over year.

He added that several local worshipers have reported being verbally and physically attacked.

'We haven't seen this issue of Islamophobia and Muslim hate crimes taken seriously by the government in the last few years... we hope that after this attack things will change,' he said.

But he added that the mosque had also been 'overwhelmed' by letters of support sent from all over the country.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/30/finsbu...-blood-6747590

comments:

Police provide 24/7 protection to Islamophobes in the country at taxpayers’ expense; these Muslims need to get the police to be stationed at every Mosque. These Muslims also need to hire/create their own security team with guns to shoot on site these terrorists.

UK: Suspect in Anti-Muslim Acid Attack 'Hate Crime' at Large

7/3/2017

A birthday acid attack on an aspiring model and her cousin is now being treated as a hate crime by police.

Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar had a corrosive substance thrown through their car window in Beckton, east London, on 21 June.

Police said "new information" had come to light about the "horrendous act of violence" which meant they were now treating it as a hate crime.

A man [christianist terrorist] is being hunted for by police over the attack.

The Met have urged John Tomlin, 24, to hand himself in for questioning and warned members of the public not to approach him.

Acting Det Supt Neil Matthews said the investigation "continues to move at great pace and my team continues to act on a number of leads to find Tomlin".

Ms Khan had been celebrating her 21st birthday with Mr Muhktar in east London.

They had stopped in their car at traffic lights when a man approached and threw the toxic substance at them.

"Within seconds, my cousin started screaming. Her eyes were blistered, her face started melting. My face started melting", Mr Muhktar, said.

The 37 year old had to be placed in an induced coma to treat his injuries.

Writing on Facebook on Friday, Ms Khan said she did not want the attack to "fuel a division among people".

"Letting this man or the events of the past fill you up with hate will only darken the soul," she wrote.

A crowdfunding campaign set up to help support the pair's aftercare has raised over £46,000.

https://muslimvillage.com/2017/07/01...e-crime-large/

comments:

He was such a macho tough guy to attack unsuspecting innocent Muslims but now the coward is in hiding, as usual of such cowards. Spread news of him so someone can report him. White Britons also need to step up and report their terrorist.

Member Array

Terrorist Throws Acid on Muslims' Face

Thug hurls acid over a student and her cousin as she celebrated her 21st birthday, leaving him in a coma

By Alice Evans - 25 June 2017

A thug who hurled acid at a student and her cousin as they celebrated her 21st birthday has left the pair with life-changing injuries.

Manchester Met university student Resham Khan, and her cousin Jameel Muhktar, were driving through Beckton, east London, when they were stopped by a red traffic light.

They had the windows down
    and were playing music, feeling celebratory after not having seen each other since Miss Khan returned from an exchange year in Cyprus.

As they waited for the lights to change a man threw a corrosive substance through the open window and into Miss Khan's face - before going round to the driver's side and throwing more acid at Mr Muhktar.

Miss Khan, a Business Management student, said she watched her clothes burn away as she struggled with the 'excruciating' pain.

She said she and her cousin, 37, tried to drive away from their attacker but crashed the car when the 'pain took over'. They were forced to strip naked on the A13 as they begged passersby for water to help ease the agony.

'On my actual birthday, my cousin and I went for a drive in the morning, blasting music and chilling like cousins do, hyping it as I was 21. Long story short, whilst at the lights, a man threw acid through my window and then went round to his and threw more.

'The pain was excruciating. I was struggling to close the window. My cousin struggled to get us away. I saw my clothes burn away in front of me. He put his foot down as we were coming onto a dual carriageway but the pain took over and we crashed.

'We stripped off in the middle of the road, running around screaming and begging for water. We did this for 45 minutes. Someone drove my naked cousin and me to the local hospital, and we were seen to. We have since been transferred to a specialist unit.'

The student explained that she has had a skin graft but does not yet know what her face will look like. She also has burns across her body and her sight has been damaged.

'The occupants, a man aged 37 and a woman aged 21, were assisted by members of the public and had been taken to an east London hospital prior to the arrival of police and the London Ambulance Service. Both victims have suffered burn injuries described as life-changing.

'It is believed the victims were inside a parked car when a man approached and threw a corrosive substance through the open window. The car made off pursued by the suspect on foot before it collided with a fence. The suspect made off.

'Officers from Newham and the Met's Territorial Support Group executed a warrant at an address in E16 on the afternoon of 21 June in connection with the incident. There were no arrests; enquiries continue.'

Two Acid Attacks are Carried Out in Britain EVERY DAY

Children use deadly liquids in playground disputes

By Richard Spillett - 1 May 2017

The number of acid attacks taking place in Britain is soaring, with school children as young as 13 using corrosive substances as weapons.

Crime statistics show that there was more than 450 acid attacks in London alone last year, with the number of attacks in the capital more than doubling since 2014.

But experts say the real figure is much higher, with the true scale of the problem hidden because people are afraid to come forward.

Jaf Shah, of the Acid Survivors' Trust International, told The Sun: 'Per head of population, the UK has more male-on-male acid attacks than an other country in the world. The numbers may be even higher than we think.'

It comes after Assistant chief constable Rachel Kearton, the National Police Chiefs Council spokesperson on corrosive attacks, said many victims are staying silent.

She said: 'I do fear that this is a hidden crime and that some of the victims are in fear of reprisal and don't come forward.'

It is believed criminal gang members are carrying acid in drinks bottles because they are less likely to get caught than if they carry a knife or gun.

Schoolchildren as young as 13 have also told how 'squirting' rivals with acid is easier than trying to stab or fight them.

The figures will add to calls to ban the sale of corrosive substances to youngsters.

Shops currently have to report children or teenagers acting suspiciously when they buy acid or strong household cleaners, but there is no age restriction on its sale.

Model Katie Piper is one of the most high-profile victims of acid attacks. But figures show the number of such attacks has soared since her tragic incident in 2008

The issue first came to widespread public attention when model Katie Piper was attacked with sulphuric acid by her ex-boyfriend Daniel Lynch in 2008.

Ms Piper has since led campaigns to raise awareness of the problem, founding her own charity to help people living with burns and scars and releasing an autobiography about her life entitled Beautiful.

Another high-profile victim of the sickening weapon was Naomi Oni, who suffered burns to her face and chest in an attack near her east London home in December 2012.

Naomi Oni spoke out about the lack of support for victims after she was attacked in 2012

She later hit out at authorities over the lack of support and the 'incompetant' way in which her complaint was handled'.

Victim Adele Bellis, who lost an ear and suffered permanent scarring in the sulphuric acid attack in Suffolk in 2014, also bravely spoke publicly about rebuilding her life after the attack.

The issue has received renewed attention in recent weeks after clubbers were doused with a corrosive substance at Mangle nightclub in Dalston, London, on April 17, leaving two people blind in one eye and 18 others with multiple burns.

Adele Bellis spoke of her road to recovery after she lost an ear in an attack in Suffolk in 2014

Arthur Collins, the former boyfriend of TOWIE star Fern McCann, has since appeared in court, alongside with another man, Andre Phoenix.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ures-show.html

comments:

Islamophobes in the west try to present a picture that such attacks only happen in Muslim countries and by Muslim women, yet in their own countries even children are throwing acid on people over childish disputes and on a daily basis.

The article states that in the UK male are biggest victims yet they fail to show a single picture of a male victim, and instead chose to post only female victims. This is how the misandrist and gynocentrist media reports.

Member Array

Man with knife jailed after telling police he wanted to 'kill Asian b******* for blowing us up' in revenge for Arena attack

Christopher Gordon has been jailed for 22 months after telling police he was going to 'find an Asian person' and kill them

An armed and masked man arrested in a park moments after telling police he wanted to ‘kill Asians’ in revenge for the Manchester Arena bombing has been caged.

Christopher Gordon was wielding a kitchen knife and wearing a balaclava when an officer arrested him in Birchfields Park, between Longsight and Rusholme.

The area of south Manchester was described in court as being ‘heavily populated by the Asian community.’

Gordon, 33, has now been jailed for 22 months by a judge who said the ‘tragic and horrendous’ attack was no justification for his behaviour.

Prosecutor Simon Barrett told Manchester Crown Court that racially-motivated hate crimes increased four-fold in the month after the May 22 bombing at the Arena , which claimed the lives of 22 people and left around 250 others injured.

The court heard a female officer had to threaten to deploy her Taser on Gordon after catching up with him at dawn in Birchfields Park in the early hours of June 7.

A jogger had told her ‘there’s a man down there with a knife wearing a balaclava’.

The court was told Gordon dropped the knife when warned, but as he was arrested, said: “I’m f****** sick of these b******* bombing our country, they need to be sorted out.”

He then referred to ‘killing Asian b*******’, Mr Barrett said.

Minutes earlier Gordon had phoned 999 and told the operator that if police did not come and get him he would ‘kill somebody’.

He told them he was in Birchfields Park, that he had a black mask on and a knife, and said he was ‘going to kill the b******* who f****** blew us up’.

“I’m coming for them Asian b*******. I’m not promising that I’m not going to walk down the park and find an Asian person,” he said.

Gordon, who works as a cleaner, later admitted making threats to kill - a racially-aggravated public order offence - and possessing a bladed article.

Prosecutor Simon Barrett told the sentencing hearing Gordon had been drinking on the day of the incident and had earlier made drunken calls to police in which he ‘reported a robbery and indicated he had not paid a fine’.

Interviewed following his arrest, Gordon ‘accepted his wrongdoing’, but denied being racist, said he had ‘friends of different colours’, and that he did not intend to kill anybody.

Gordon’s defence barrister, Gwen Henshaw, said his offending came about because crises in his own life and the crisis in the city coincided, leaving him ‘confused, muddled and grief-stricken’.

“He finds what happened abhorrent, he his horrified by his own actions, he told me he sat in his cell with his head in his hands thinking ‘what have I done, what have I said?’”, Miss Henshaw told the court.

She added: “At the time he had suffered bereavement, he was out of work for the first time in his adult life, he started to abuse alcohol.

“He spent some time in St Ann’s Square looking at the flowers and feeling - as every right-thinking member of society was and still is - shocked and grief-stricken by what happened at Manchester Arena.

“He doesn’t quite know how he found himself in the park. He would wish me to tell the court he meant no harm, does not hold racist attitudes and was dealing badly with crises within his own life and crises in society.”

Sentencing, Recorder Mukhtar Hussain QC said: “Young people and children lost their lives, many, many were injured and the city will suffer for a very long time - one can understand the feelings that would generate in Mancunians.

“But that does not in any way justify targeting a vulnerable group. The message must go out that the courts will protect ordinary law-abiding citizens of this country.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....arebar_twitter

===========================================

Police officers who failed to help murdered refugee despite years of pleas displayed 'hallmarks of racism'

Bijan Ebrahimi called police 85 times asking for help but an officer dismissed him as a 'pest' within an hour of his brutal killing

4 July 2017

Police officers who failed to come to the assistance of a disabled refugee who was beaten to death and set on fire by his neighbour showed “hallmarks of racial bias”, the police watchdog has said in a damning ruling that revealed a catalogue of failings.

Bijan Ebrahimi, 44, was murdered by Lee James in Bristol in July 2013 after seven years of abuse. James wrongly believed his neighbour, an Iranian national, was a paedophile.

In an excoriating report, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) criticised the “poor responses” of the police and suggested the officers involved had displayed signs of racism.

Between 2007 and his murder, Mr Ebrahimi made 85 calls to Avon and Somerset Police to report a range of crimes, including racial abuse, criminal damage and threats to kill him.

He had his home and car set on fire and had the word “pervert” daubed on his front door.

On 40 separate occasions, police officers failed to record the crimes.

Jan Williams, an IPCC commissioner, said Mr Ebrahimi had been failed “on a number of levels, over a number of years”.

“This failure was at its worst at the very time that his need was greatest," she said.

“There could, and should, have been a very different response.

“Instead, his complaints about abusive neighbours were disbelieved and he was considered to be a liar, a nuisance and an attention seeker.

“Neighbours’ counter allegations were taken at face value and accepted, despite evidence to the contrary, and Bijan Ebrahimi found himself regarded as the perpetrator of the abuse, rather than as the victim.”

Ms Williams said the IPCC had found evidence that officers treated Mr Ebrahimi “consistently differently from his neighbours, to his detriment and without reasonable explanation”.

"Some of the evidence has the hallmarks of what could be construed as racial bias, conscious or unconscious,” she added.

A police officer, Kevin Duffy, and a PCSO, Andrew Passmore, were last year found guilty of misconduct and jailed for 10 months and four months respectively. They were sacked from their jobs, along with two other officers.

There was also a “consistent systematic failure” by call handlers, who breached standards on recording crimes, identifying hate offences and repeat victims.

It was likely “that the perpetrators of the offences against Mr Ebrahimi, came to believe that they could act with impunity towards Mr Ebrahimi”, the IPCC report stated.

“Whatever he said was likely to be disbelieved, particularly if the perpetrators and/or their associates made counter allegations. "

One police officer reportedly accused Mr Ebrahimi of lying and “playing the race card”.

In another recording, police officer Helen Harris is heard calling Mr Ebrahimi “a pain in the arse” and telling him his behaviour was the cause of his problems. “Shut up…I’m fed up talking to you”, she told him. “You’re boring me.”

One incident against Mr Ebrahimi was recorded with a description reading: “Informant Is foreign and very difficult to understand.”

He made one final call to police in the hour before he was murdered, begging them for help.

In response, police officer Leanne Winter, who, like Ms Harris, was one of those dismissed, said: “I’m absolutely not interested in speaking to him ever thanks... I don’t think anybody is, to be honest. He’s a pest."

James was sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of Mr Ebrahimi’s murder at Bristol Crown Court in 2014. He had repeatedly threatened the Iranian man and head-butted him days before beating him to death and setting his body on fire.

James claimed that, after the head-butting incident, one police officer told him: “Off the record, I would have done the same thing.”

The IPCC said Avon and Somerset Constabulary was institutionally responsible for Mr Embrahimi’s death.

Lead IPCC investigator John Simick said: “Unfortunately, only his murder uncovered the fact that he was wrongly and unjustifiably being treated by the police as a liar when the evidence showed that he was the victim.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bi...-a7823526.html

Member Array

Massive 'gang of thugs' smash teenager's car with AXES outside mosque before London attack

A TERRIFIED teenager was attacked by a gang of thugs wielding axes and machetes outside a mosque hours before the Finsbury Park terror attack.

June 2017

Yaha, 17, from Yemen, had his car smashed to pieces by what he claims was a 15-strong gang of thugs just after midnight yesterday outside Yardley Wood Road mosque in Birmingham.

The attack occurred hours before a man ploughed into a crowd of people outside Finsbury Park Mosque in Seven Sisters, London, injuring eight people and leading to the arrest of Darren Osbourne, 47, from Cardiff, Wales.

Footage – available above – shows the smashed windows and scratched metal of the damaged vehicle after the alleged rampage.

The terrified teen says he left the car and ran for home, with the thugs in tow, yelling racist abuse at him.

His mother was then injured after the gang threw bricks at the window of their family.

"I was scared for my life as they surrounded my car and began smashing it up with axes, golf clubs, and machetes,"
    Yaha told the Birmingham Mail.

"They were shouting racist abuse and trying to drag me out. I ran towards my house and they followed me and began throwing bricks and stones at the property.

"Some of the shattered glass injured my mother
    and the whole family was terrified.

"I'd saved up for months to buy the car, a Vauxhall Corsa, and they just wrote it off."

The alleged attack followed tensions between the mosque and a group of travellers who were forced to leave it six weeks ago.

West Midlands Police confirmed they attended the scene after gunshots and disorder were reported.

"There was also damage to a car and a caravan," said a West Midlands Police spokesman.

"It was quickly established that no shots had been fired and officers spoke to all parties involved to diffuse the situation. No arrests were made."

He added: "Several travellers left the area during the early hours with the remainder expected to leave later today.

"Officers are increasing patrols in the area and are liaising with the local community, including Billesley Mosque, to make sure they are kept fully updated."

A Mosque spokesman said: "The travellers were illegally camped here last month and some of them were very rude towards us, intimidating and threatening some of our congregation.

"We don't know why we were attacked but it smacks of racism because of the language they used and the fact we had done nothing to provoke them."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...mingham-racist

Member Array

Islamic centre destroyed in ‘arson attack’ in Manchester

Monday 17

An Islamic centre in Manchester has suffered significant damage following a suspected arson attack overnight.

Manchester Fire Brigade were called at around 11.40pm yesterday evening and police this morning confirmed they are treating it as suspicious.

A spokesman for the centre told the Manchester Evening News that they had received a call to say the building ‘was being attacked’.

Emergency services confirmed that the fire at the Manchester Nasfat Islamic Centre on Droylsedon Road was being investigated.

Flames appeared to come out of the roof and lit up the sky and surrounding buildings.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘We were called at 11.43pm to Droylsden Road in Newton Heath to reports of a fire. We sent five pumps to the scene and an investigation is now underway.’

The mosque has previously been targeted with two pigs’ heads thrown into the building while people were praying and a minibus was destroyed in an arson attack in 2014.

Greater Manchester Police said the fire is being treated as suspicious and a joint investigation has been launched.

This afternoon the force confirmed that the offender forced open a window before pouring an accelerant inside.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Walker of GMP’s City of Manchester Borough, said: ‘People are understandably shocked that someone has attacked a place of worship.

‘We are investigating this as a hate crime which has damaged a place of worship used by members of the Nigerian community.

‘Hate crime is often under reported for a number of reasons, but people should have the confidence in coming forward, as no one should be the subject of hate and intolerance.’

Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 9770 or via Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

video: https://twitter.com/saad_Alanazi054/...822592/video/1

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/17/mosque...#ixzz4nX7Gvb2A

Member Array

Man threatens to blow up Islamic bookshop and 'kill the Muslims' in London

When confronted by police, David Moffatt replied: 'I’m not anti-Muslim, I’m Catholic.'

A man has been sentenced for threatening to blow up an Islamic bookshop in London and “kill all the Muslims”.

David Moffatt, 39, pleaded guilty to religiously aggravated intentional harassment, alarm and distress at Willesden Magistrates’ Court.

Police said they were called to the shop, in Cricklewood, on 23 May by staff who said a man had “threatened to blow the bookshop up and ‘kill the Muslims’.”

The suspect left the shop after making the threats but witnesses described him wearing a high-visibility jacket and trousers.

Moffatt, of Ivy Road, Cricklewood, was identified as the suspect after he made an unrelated call to the police later the same day alleging that he had been threatened by someone else.

“Officers then noticed that Moffatt was wearing the same attire as the suspect from the Cricklewood Broadway incident earlier that day,” a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said.

Enquiries and a review of CCTV footage in the area placed Moffatt at the bookshop and he was arrested at 11.30pm.

When officers confronted him over the allegations, he replied: “I’m not anti-Muslim, I’m Catholic.”

Moffatt was sentenced to a community order requiring him to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and to pay £620 in costs and a victim surcharge of £85 at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on 28 July.

Detective Inspector Madeline Ryder said: “Hate crime is unacceptable and Brent’s Community Safety Unit is committed to tackling hate crime in all its forms, supporting victims and their families and bringing perpetrators like Moffatt to justice.”

A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said it was working to combat the “hidden nature” of hate crime, which remains largely unreported, and vowed to fully investigate all allegations while supporting victims and their families.

The force is appealing for anyone suffering or witnessing any form of any hate crime to report it immediately by calling 999 or 101, visiting a police station, using the MOPAC Hate Crime app or through groups like Tell MAMA for Islamophobic incidents and the Community Security Trust (CST) for anti-Semitic incidents.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7874506.html