Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petitions

Member Array

Default Petitions

Sign the petition to have Islamic holidays recognized in American schools

we petition the Obama administration to:

Support the movement of having Muslim holidays recognized in the school year, throughout the United States of America.

With the growing population of Muslims in the United States of America (including first, second, third, and fourth generation) we believe it is high time that Muslim holidays are recognized by schools throughout this nation. Unfortunately many Muslim families are forced to choose between their children's education and their religious obligations. Muslim school children and staff deserve the same benefits afforded to the followers of other faiths. We call on President Obama to support this petition and advance the inclusiveness of our great nation.

Signatures needed by January 16, 2014 to reach goal of 100,000: 96,808
    Total Signature so far: 3,192

Member Array

Default Petition,Free Mohamed Soltan

<font color="#4B4F4F"><span style="font-family: Helvetica"><span style="font-family: inherit">

#FreeSoltan#SaveSoltan, more than 322 days on hunger strike.

Asslam alaikum

After a military Coup toppled the democratically elected government, Mohamed Soltan took part in the Rabaa Square Protests. Although Mohamed Soltan is not a Muslim Brotherhood member, his desire to help and his ability to speak both English and Arabic fluently, led him to becoming the media spokesman dealing with international reporters.

He was a first hand witness when the army took down Rabaa square. On August 14th, he was shot in the arm by an army sniper. As he described it, "I felt like I had been punched in the arm by the hulk." His efforts were not deterred, as he continued to partake in Pro-Democracy protests. On August 25th, police forces arrested Mohamed, along with three other Egyptian youth. He was a sympathizer of the cause that promoted democracy, freedom, and social justice for Egypt. He strongly believed in nonviolence.
    At the onset of his detention, Mohamed was moved from prison to prison to ensure that his whereabouts would remain unknown. Once his family was finally able to connect with him, Mohamed informed them of the intense brutality he was facing on a day to day basis while in prison. "The brutality with which I have been treated has been mind boggling. During the day, soldiers and police would get in two straight lines, and we would have to run in between them as they beat us with rocks and sticks. They roused anger amongst the officers by falsely proclaiming that we had killed police officers. The officers stripped off our pants and shirts as they beat us with clubs. They put us in jail cells with what must have been 60 other inmates, and it was terribly hot and water was not made available to us. I saw an inmate suffer a heart attack right before my eyes and not receive proper medical attention. The surgical wound on my arm was open and oozing, and not one of the guards seemed to care because I was labeled a political prisoner." Mohamed Soltan's family is still waiting for answers from the Egyptian authorities. He is facing charges on bizarre, fabricated counts, and awaits the day that he is fully absolved and reunited with his family and friends.
    After months of illegal detention, Mohamed finally stood before a judge, no evidence was presented and no argument was made, the judge simply ordered he be held for another 45 days. In protest, Mohamed entered into a hunger strike immediately following the hearing on January 26th, 2014 with no plans to end it before he is immediately released for lack of evidence against him. His situation grows more dire by the day.
    This petition seeks to put pressure on the United States government to demand the Egyptian authorities release their American citizen, Mohamed Soltan.

http://www.change.org/petitions/free...d-soltan#share

DAY 1 of Action :
    594 days of waiting. On August 25th, 2013, Mohamed was taken from his home along with three of his friends when security officials did not find his father at home.
    Since then, we've waited on every trial for a leaked video, photo, news, letter, etc. We waited to hear the news that one day Mohamed would be released. Watched every trial, in hopes that the Judge would issue his immediate release.
    594 days later, Mohamed will be given a sentence by the Egyptian judiciary system. Note that, Mohamed’s father along with thirteen others in the same case, Case 317 , were given the death sentence.
    Before April 11th, 2015, The day of the last trial, we want to do all we can to help push for Mohamed’s release.

We will be posting daily about different things that can be done to help raise awareness for Mohamed. Now is the time to go hard.

For Today : Please post a picture of support using the#FreeSoltan on Facebook or twitter. Get creative, help us get peoples attention. Share, and comment on this post if you posted a picture!

muhammed is unconscious with his father who's also politically arrested

Mohammed Soltan in Washington,DC airport.

Alhamdu lillah
    Mohammad Soltan is finally released from Egypt jail after two years of solitary confinement and 490 days of hunger strike.
    Mohamed Soltan:
    Freedom Ramadan

On the eve of Ramadan last year, soldiers stormed the solitary cell that was designated to my father and me, they attacked me and used force to handcuff, blindfold and separate me from my father.
    I remember sitting in my wheelchair feeling both afraid and angry. I remember almost losing hope and faith. But I also recall a moment when Allah bestowed his mercy upon me, removed all doubt from my heart and replaced it with strength.
    I remember fully believing that this was Allah accepting sincere Duaa that was made for me. This has been a consistent theme for me throughout my ordeal and for so many of those facing oppression.
    I share this with you today, a year later after Allah was kind enough to grant me back my freedom, to remind myself and you that the power of Duaa is immense, it reaches people in their most desperate times, they feel it.
    Take advantage of this holy month when Duaas are accepted to remember your sisters and brothers suffering and facing injustices in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan and every where else in the world. Do not underestimate the power of your prayers, I can attest to its role of maintaining faith and holding on to the last bit of hope and sanity.
    Be sincere, raise your hands to the sky and just pray. He will surely hear, and He promised to accept. May this Ramadan be full of blessings and mercy for us all, and may it be a Ramadan of freedom and victory.
    Ameen
    Ramadan Mubarak
    https://www.facebook.com/Soltanlife/...607067?fref=nf

Attached Images

Member Array

Although I think petitions are worthless, it's just begging the oppressor while he does as he pleases but still if it can bring awareness and help in anyway...

---------------

we petition the obama administration to:

repatriate Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, imprisoned for more than 11 years, as a matter of urgency.

In the name of ALLAH, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. We appeal to you as brothers and sisters in humanity to relieve the suffering of an innocent woman. In March 2003, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui was abducted with her three young children in Pakistan on the basis of faulty intelligence, a rendition operation that a former Pakistani official has since admitted. Five years later she mysteriously reappeared in a weakened state in Afghanistan; she was shot and later charged in a federal court with attempted murder. Dr. Siddiqui was sentenced to 86 years for a "crime" in which she alone was injured, she has now suffered needlessly for more than 11 years. We ask the government to affirm the American ideals of "liberty and justice for all." End Aafia’s suffering; reunite her with her family.

Signatures needed by August 03, 2014 to reach goal of 100,000

Total signatures on this petition

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gency/2PQG3V0S

Member Array

Aafia Release Petition

Dear believers in justice and humanity – Please sign the petition. Need 100,000 signatures in a very limited time.

Enter Your Name, Father Name, Email id and sign the Petition.

Please promote the campaign by inviting your friends via Face Book – Twitter – Emails etc. Pls hurry-up. Time is too short.

Thanks for your cooperation.

A volunteer of Aafia Release Campaign (www.aafiamovement.com)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gency/2PQG3V0S

Member Array

STOP Slow killing to thousands of political prisoners in Egypt, Participate Now in the international campaign against revenge and torture in Egyptian prisons
    Human has been honored in all religions. His humaneness is hallowed; torturing and prisoning him without evidence is forbidden, as everyone has the right to freedom of expression. All except in Egypt. Here, every meaning for humanity has been crushed because of injustice and tyranny.

Ill-treatment and brutality in dealing with political prisoners; by preventing medicine, food, clothes, and meeting with lawyers and family are against humanity and are rejected by all human rights conventions, and by any free man on earth.
    We appeal to the local and international media to let the voices of political prisoners in Egypt to be heard in regard of the detainees and in demand of their immediate release.
    We call on Egyptian and international civil society organizations to prosecute each of: Chancellor Adly Mansour, Dr. Hazem Beblawy, Gen. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Ibrahim, director of the prisons sector, as well as, all officers, soldiers, and informers who are involved in the torture. They have to be brought to trials both in front of national courts and the International Criminal Court, for their involvement in arresting people without evidence, constant torture, and prevention of medication for detainees, as well as violating all local laws and international treaties ratified by Egypt.
    To participate:

https://secure.avaaz.org/ar/petition..._lsysyyn/?copy

Share and let the world know,

Change you profile photo on social networks o support the international campaign against the revenge and torture in Egyptian prisons.

A cell at Egyptian Coup prison.

Report: 264 died from medical negligence in Egyptian prisons

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...yptian-prisons

40 deaths in Egyptian jails in a month

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...ils-in-a-month

Sissi’s teeming prisons

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f65_story.html
    Attached Images

Member Array

We demand corrective action on the scandalous firing of Palestinian-American professor, Dr. Steven Salaita

The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has just severed their contract of employment with the brilliant, ethical, and prolific Dr. Steven Salaita for his political views on Israel, effectively firing him the very month he was to take up a tenured position there. This is also an insult to the Department of American Indian Studies that was not consulted in this administrative decision.

It appears that we live in a world where students get paid to post state propaganda while professors/journalists get FIRED for exposing it in the name of truth and justice.

We demand his immediate reinstatement.

Sign this petition

https://www.change.org/petitions/phyllis-m-wise-we-demand-corrective-action-on-the-scandalous-firing-of-palestinian-american-professor-dr-steven-salaita

Member Array

STUDENTS UNDER ATTACK IN EGYPT

The Egyptian university student: Omar Sharif Abdel Wahab , who was injured at the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Alexandria on 10/14/2014 Because he said no to injustice .. He said no to arresting students .. He said no to killing students .. He said no to arresting girls ,martyred on October 21, 2014

Universities in Egypt under the Military coup.

A horrble vidio for shooting students inside Cairo University , Oct 15. 2014

Urgent Invitation: to sign onto a solidarity statement by academics to express solidarity with students in Egyptian universities demanding their right to academic freedom. Now the statement is translated into six languages and the website o
    f the campaign is:

http://savestudents.icega.org/

Please circulate this widely to fellow professors, academics, and students. Our solidarity can go a long way in affirming that universities must be safe zones, and in supporting Egyptian students facing intimidation and violence.

Thank you

Member Array

Petitions: Lift the ban & Don't ban the Burka/Niqab

The signatures required is a small amount (1k-2k)...don't know what affect they will have....still, those interested in signing the petition they may do so.

Lift the ban on the Burka and Niqab in France
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/507/4...n-france/#sign

Lift the ban on the Burka and Niqab in Belgium
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/683/0...-belgium/#sign

Lift the ban on the the Burka and naiqab in Italy
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/277/2...in-italy/#sign

Don't ban the Burka and Niqab in uk
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/112/7...nd-niqab-in-uk

Dont ban the Burka or niqab in Australia
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/445/3...ustralia/#sign

Member Array

DO NOT dismiss Tim Wilcox

There's a witch hunt underway. Tim Wilcox of the BBC is the target

When interviewing a woman who talked of Jewish suffering, Tim inquired about Palestinian suffering. For that some people want to see his career finished

Tim's question about Palestinian suffering, though perhaps ill timed and ill judged is perfectly valid - and demands an answer in the right context. Tim is a journalist and asked a pertinent question. One the world needs to ask

Lets save Tim's career

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-do-not-...st_signed=true

Member Array

Stop the Muslim witch hunt Bill

The Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill 2014-2015: Manufacturing a Witch-Hunt against Islam and Muslims

Background of counter-terrorism legislation

In December 2014, Britain’s shameful assistance in the rendition and torture of dozens of people was revealed. In the same month the government decided to push through yet more draconian “anti-terror” legislation.

When Tony Blair’s government proposed its first ‘Terror Bill’ (what became The Terrorism Act 2000) some informed commentators highlighted that Britain already had more anti-terror laws than most other Western states. It was portrayed as a robust piece of legislation capable of dealing with threats 20-30 years in the future – albeit breaching people’s rights. Yet since that act there have been seven additional statutes passed.

These Acts of Parliament make an absolute mockery of the proud celebrations about 2015 being the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta.

You need no reminding that Magna Carta says: “To no one will we sell, to no one will we refuse or delay right or justice” – yet there have been many detained without charge, without trial under these laws. Justice has frequently been delayed or refused to Muslims, guilty of no crime except by association or for browsing websites and the like.

Magna Carta says that: “No free man shall be taken or imprisoned or dispossessed, or outlawed or exiled, or in any way destroyed, nor will we go upon him, nor will we send against him except by the lawful judgement of his peers or by the law of the land”.

Whilst several commentators have mentioned that in England in 1215, the term ‘free man’ did not include women – few would expect that in Britain in 2015 it would exclude Muslims. For many have been imprisoned, dispossessed under punitive financial restrictions and outlawed or exiled in Guantanamo or Belmarsh.

The Current Bill

Against this background – steeped in hypocrisy as it is – the latest proposal, the Counter Terrorism and Security Bill 2014 has been published. It is the eighth piece of legislation, with further ‘counter-extremism’ policy proposals expected in the coming months.

This bill, which is being pushed through Parliament with uncommon haste, sinks to new depths, for it places a statutory duty upon GPs, teachers and other professionals to police thoughts and beliefs. This effectively makes them a tool in a security policy, not dissimilar to Eastern Block States during the Communist Era.

Sign and more info at: http://stopthebill.co.uk/petition/

Member Array

Rep. Molly White - Resign from Public Office!

On January 28th, 2015, Molly White of Texas' 55th District posted the following on her Facebook page:

"Today is Texas Muslim Capital Day in Austin. The House is in recess until Monday. Most Members including myself are back in District. I did leave an Israeli flag on the reception desk in my office with instructions to staff to ask representatives from the Muslim community to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws. We will see how long they stay in my office."

Please sign this petition requesting that Molly White resign from her position as Republican Representative of Texas' 55th District to show that there is no room for bigotry, ignorance, and intolerance in a country that is built upon diversity. In addition to Molly White's resignation from public office, we request that Rep. Molly White issue a public apology to the American Muslim community. White's Islamophobia only incites religious hatred against innocent US citizens, and sends the wrong message to not only her constituents of Texas, but the nation as a whole.

https://www.change.org/p/molly-white...le_text%3Adm_r

Member Array

Fire Cathy Newman for Incitement to Hatred and Lack of Integrity

This petition calls for Channel 4 to immediately terminate Cathy Newman's employment owing to her irresponsible behavior, complete lack of integrity and outright incitement of hatred and violence through her shameless lying. Her actions have cast both the profession and channel into disrepute. Following recent events and at a period when Islamophobia is reaching epic proportions, when mosques and worshipers alike have frequently been the target of attacks (some mosques having been burnt to the ground), Channel 4 cannot and must not allow such behavior to go unchecked.

Newman (whose Twitter account describes herself as a "Channel 4 Presenter and blogger for the Telegraph) hit the headlines after she tweeted on Sunday saying that she was “ushered out of” the South London Islamic Centre in Streatham. She was due to visit another mosque in the area as part of the "Visit a Mosque" day initiative, setup as a way of building and strengthening community relations, especially after the Paris attacks. The tweet led to several days of Islamophobic commentary on social media with Muslims once again placed under the spotlight. The mosque she entered subsequently received a number of angry calls and death threats. CCTV footage was then released showing her conversing with a worshiper at the mosque and upon realizing that she had arrived at the wrong place (not participating in the initiative that day, they invited her for a later date afterwards) she promptly left on her own.

Had the CCTV footage not been released the hate-train would have continued on its journey unabated. Her half-hearted forced tweet in response to the footage didn't even contain half an apology, only citing a 'misunderstanding' which no doubt would have gone unsaid had she not been caught out red-handed for her fabricated version of events. Journalists and reporters are duty-bound to honest reporting, something she could learn a thing or two about from her colleague Jon Snow as opposed to riding the Islamophobia wave knowing you are quite likely to get away with it, regardless of the potential serious consequences of your actions.

The following are relevant extracts from the Channel 4 website outlining their Social Media Policy (Channel 4 Social Media Guidelines):

"Postings on personal websites / accounts - Where the posting is to a personal page or account and where you are individually responsible for the content and not legally subject to the editorial control of Channel 4, but you must abide by the policy above."

"On personal sites, where you identify yourself as working for Channel 4 output, you should avoid making statements that could be perceived as taking a position on a political issue of the day and it may be appropriate to place a disclaimer underlining that your comments are personal opinion. If your profile is such that you are likely to be identified as working for Channel 4 or any of its services, seek guidance if you are considering posting statements on matters of political or public controversy." [She did no such thing]

"Behavior that is inappropriate at work is usually not appropriate on the internet. On Channel 4 designated sites and sites where you identify yourself as a person working on C4 output, avoid abusive or aggressive behavior and respond to others in a professional manner."

"If there is a risk that the opinions published could be viewed as those of Channel 4, it is usually appropriate to post a disclaimer e.g. "These comments are my personal views and opinions, not the views or opinions of Channel 4"." [Again she did no such thing]

Channel 4's continued employment of journalists with no integrity and a penchant for fibs and flouting company policies will only reflect badly on them within the wider media industry. We trust they will do the right thing.

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/channel-4-f...k-of-integrity

comments:

These Islamophobes will not stop their attacks on Islam and Muslims until they are held accountable for their lies. They have no integrity or self-respect and the only thing they value is money and their jobs, so this is the best way to teach them a lesson. No one dares to say anything against Israel or the Jews because soon after they lose their job; they need to have the same fear when attacking Islam, and that can happen if people take action to get these liars punished.

Member Array

Stop executions in Egypt

Please Sign the petition to stop the ‪#‎executions‬ in ‪#‎Egypt‬ and share it with your friends

In a period of time not exceeding the year, the number of Egyptians who were sentenced to the political death reached to more than 500 citizens, have been subjected to unfair trials in which fair trial standards not available, everyone of them awaits execution by hanging leaving his sons, his wife and his family. he will miss them forever because there are among the humans who wanted to deny his right to life
    Save the Egyptians
    Execution of homeland
    Save the Egyptians
    Execution of homeland

https://secure.avaaz.org/ar/petition...y_mSr/?sMkRmjb

Member Array

#FREEMORSI

#‎FreeMorsi

Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mandela fought for freedom, justice and humanity.
    Morsi too.
    He was against violence and militancy.
    He was the first president elected by the Egyptian people.
    A military dictator imprisoned Morsi and his friends.
    Death sentences were ruled.
    A humiliating blow to all who believe in democracy.
    The hope of all those calling for freedom and justice was diminished.
    The Egyptian prisons are no different from Apartheid prisons.
    We can’t leave a nation’s will behind for the ambitions of a dictator and dark dungeons.
    Morsi and his friends are striving to uphold the dignity of humanity, of all of us.
    Let the voice of those who believe in freedom, justice and democracy be heard.
    The Egyptian people’s elected president, Morsi and his friends should be released.

http://www.freemorsi.org/

Member Array

Save Ibrahim from the unfair Death sentnence

Ibrahim is a student in the last year of the Pharmacy school in Mansoura - Egypt.
    He was Kidnapped and tortured by the Egyptian police because he was sentenced to death based on a old trial in which he was found non-guilty. This old trial was before the revolution of Jan 25th 2011
    Later the case was opened again and a new trial was done in absence of Ibrahim and he was sentenced to death
    We need to do pressure on the Egyptian government to release Ibrahim and he be trialed in front of a fair court.

https://secure.avaaz.org/ar/petition..._ljyr/?wMZMjfb

Member Array

Please sign & share , It only takes a few seconds !

Stop the annual 1.3 billion dollar US military funding to Egypt until all political detainees have been released.

After president Mohamed Morsi has been ousted in 2013, Abdel Fatah El-sisi, the current Egyptian president, and Egyptian authorities have detained an estimated 41,000 political activist with no warrant or case. Detainees include 140 children, and 18 journalists. Egyptian courts have been conducting sham trials, the court hearings sometimes take place without giving notice to the detainees or their lawyers, and often times they don’t allow the lawyers to attend the hearing. The arrests are often violent and involve physical abuse, and raids on homes. The prison cells in which they are kept are usually unclean and overcrowded. Prisoners do not see sunlight for weeks at a time; others reported torture and deliberate starvation. 264 detainees died in detention due to torture or medical neglect

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-been-released

Member Array

Please sign & share , It only takes a few seconds !
    Stop supporting the oppressive Egyptian military!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/711/0...2259&cid=fb_na

Why is Egypt relevant? Egypt has the largest Arab population in the Arab world, the 2nd largest population in Africa, and the 5th largest Muslim population in the world. Egypt is the second largest recipient of foreign aid (mostly military aid) from the United States in the world after Israel. 2 billion U.S tax money get sent to Egypt annually so that the U.S can further continue to control the fate of the country and its population. The United States and other European governments continue to support the Egyptian regime regardless of the internal crisis. It helps greatly when the outside world is watching the human rights violations! All we ask is: Keep your tax money for education, health care, and development in the U.S and stop supporting the oppression of the Egyptian people!
    The people of Egypt have done their best to try to raise awareness, now it's time for the American people to say something about their tax dollars supporting oppressing overseas!
    For more information on U.S military aid to Egypt in numbers:
    What you must know about the Egyptian military industrial complex:
    http://inalllanguages.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-you-must-know-about-egyptian.html
    The U.S military aid to Egypt: Fact sheet Q&A (Important)
    http://inalllanguages.blogspot.com/2012/03/us-hypocrisy-continues-in-egypt.html
    And most important:
    http://beta.foreignassistance.gov/explore/country/Egypt

Member Array

Tell Southwest Airlines: End Discrimination Against Arab and Muslim Passengers

3,826 actions taken—76% of our goal of 5,000!

After a series of incidents of anti-Muslim and anti-Arab discrimination by Southwest Airlines, it's time for real changes:

- We demand that Southwest Airlines issue public apologies to Khairuldeen Makhzoomi and Hakima Abdulle

- We call on Southwest Airlines to review their policies for removing customers from flights and implement anti-bias training for flight crews

http://act.mpowerchange.org/sign/sou...discrimination

Member Array

ANTI-BDS BILL

It seems to be going on in many states. The jews are promoting it so it would pass, are there any organizations supporting against it?

Ohio: https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/leg...d=GA131-HB-476
    PA: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&BN=0476
    GA: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/...0152016/HB/476
    AL: https://legiscan.com/LA/bill/HB476/2016