Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    islamirama.wordpress.com Array

Default Australia - The Real Side

Over 200 mosque objections lodged

Matthew Killoran - October 18th, 2010

MORE than 200 objections have been lodged against a mosque proposed for Worongary, Australia.

The extended period for submissions has now closed and the fate of the proposed Islamic building lies in the hands of town planners and councillors.

The proposal has ignited passions in the community, with two protests on site attracting hundreds of people and prejudicial graffiti sprayed in the area.

A petition against the mosque collected more than 1600 signatures, while more than 200 objections were received by the Gold Coast City Council during the submission period, which was voluntarily extended for two weeks by the applicant \137 the Islamic Multicultural Association of the Gold Coast.

If approved the mosque would cater for a maximum of 40 people at a time.

If we cant build a church in a Muslim country then they shouldnt be able to here. Works both ways!

Jess
    Objections lodged ranged from traffic concerns, many taking pains to say it was not on religious grounds, to a mosque in a 'Christian' community inviting conflict and even increasing the 'carbon output' in the green area.

Worongary resident Sean Mann, who organised the protest on traffic issues, said it was a 'no-brainer' that they would lodge an appeal if the council approved the Alkira Way mosque.

"The bottom line is, if this application is rejected that doesn't stop us from trying to help them. If it's accepted we will appeal it," he said.

He said they had other sites for the mosque in mind, but it was a matter between the protesters and the IMAGC.

Mr Mann said the protest had been civilised and focused on town planning issues.

"I'm really happy with the support of our community and the fact that this has all been done in the correct way. I'm proud to be a member of the community," he said.

"We've been very, very lucky in the sense people realise the argument is only town planning."

In 2009, protests were held about the proposal for the now-approved Australian International Islamic College at Carrara and more than 1800 people signed a petition against the school.

A council spokeswoman now the objection period on the mosque application was closed the council planning officers had 20 to 40 days to make a recommendation.

However, the process can be deferred for more time if the applicant wish to supply more infoormation.

A spokesman for the Islamic Multicultural Association of the Gold Coast declined to comment.

comment:

The oldest church is in a Muslim country, not only that but many of the oldest churches are found in Muslim countries, not Christian countries! If these Islamophobes did a little research before speaking then they wouldn't look like such big idiots in front of the world.

Nearly half of Australians are anti-Muslim: study

Feb 23, 2011

A decade-long national study has found that nearly 50 per cent of Australians identify themselves as having anti-Muslim attitudes.

Researchers from universities across the country polled thousands of people about their attitudes to different cultures and whether they had experienced racism.

The research found around one in 10 Australians identified themselves as prejudiced against other cultures.

About one-quarter of those surveyed said they had anti-Semitic or anti-Asian attitudes, while a slightly larger number were prejudiced against Aborigines.

Anti-Muslim sentiment was even higher, at 48.6 per cent.

Lead researcher Professor Kevin Dunn from the University of Western Sydney says recent political rhetoric has not helped.

"If you continue to speak about a group as a problem, whether that be asylum seekers or Muslims, that will [be] cast within the public mind," he said.

New South Wales was the state most intolerant of Muslims, with just over 54 per cent of people expressing prejudice.

The president of the Council of International Students, Robert Atcheson, says the survey is another blow to Australia's already-damaged reputation.

"If you're an international student that's looking at coming to Australia, or Canada or UK or the US, that could definitely sway their decision to go somewhere else," he said.

comment:

They are Islamophobe for no reason other than their sheer stupidity. Their country's GDP depends on foreign students from Asia and so if the Muslims stop going there then they will understand that it is they who need the Muslims, not the other way around!

Hanson to Muslims: assimilate or leave

Mar 9 2011

If Muslim people are not willing to assimilate into a democratic Australian society, "don't come here at all", says former One Nation politician Pauline Hanson, who's making a comeback in NSW.

Ms Hanson has told Fairfax Radio Network she gets annoyed when she hears Muslims say they don't support democracy.

"I get annoyed when I hear an interview by a Muslim who says, `We don't believe in democracy'" she said on Wednesday.

"We are a democratic country and my concern is if that's your belief in coming here to Australia, why come here?"

These people should stay in a country where they have their own cultural beliefs, Ms Hanson said.

"Come here to assimilate, to integrate," she said.

"If you're not prepared to come to a democratic society, then don't come here at all."

Ms Hanson is standing for an upper house seat in the NSW election on March 26.

The way some Muslim people viewed women was also a problem, she said.

"I've got young girls that have emailed me and said to me, `We feel threatened, we don't like the way they treat us'.

"I hear people that have Muslims live in their streets and they are rude and people don't want that."

Ms Hanson said she stood by comments she made in 2010 that she would not sell her house to a Muslim.

"I won't back down from that at all," she said.

"That's my opinion and actually a lot of other people have said that as well."

She denied her opinions made her a racist.

"I've never made one racist comment in my life," she said.

"Criticism is not racism.

"We have a right to question things."

If elected, she would offer "truth and honesty" to the people of NSW.

"What do people want? Do they want truth and honesty from their representative, or do they want a `yes' person?

"I'm putting myself back out there again, because I'm not going to roll over and let them dictate to me for the rest of my life."

Ms Hanson said she would be pushing to stop the NSW police force having to answer to the police minister, so they can run their affairs separate from the government.

She also said she would support the Coalition's promise to conduct a statewide speed audit of roads, to cut the number of confusing speed zones on major roads.

video: Labor and Liberals won't support Hanson

Comments:

Did she and her people assimilate to the Aborigine native Australian population? No, instead these people committed genocide against them; and not only that but even now they discriminate and persecute the native population.

There are millions of expats in Muslim countries working and living. Not only are they not assimilating and integrating but they have their own villas walled off from rest of the society and live in a world of their own. Someone should start telling them the same thing and you'll see these bigots make a big cry about it.

-------------------------

Don't be scared, Muslims tell Pauline Hanson

John Masanauskas - March 11, 2011

A GROUP of Melbourne Muslim women want to tell Pauline Hanson she has nothing to fear from Islam.

The western suburbs women have written a book about their experiences and they believe Ms Hanson should have a copy.

Ms Hanson, who said last year that she wouldn't sell her house to Muslims, is running as an independent in this month's NSW election.

Book co-author Demet Divaroren said yesterday that Ms Hanson's anti-Muslim views were irrational.

"Pauline Hanson is one that feeds the public stereotype (about Muslims), so she adds fuel to the fire," she said.

Ms Divaroren was among 12 people who took part in a Muslim women's leadership program funded by the City of Brimbank and the Immigration Department. The five-week program was for Muslims aged 17-35 and included public speaking.

The book, What Muslim Women Look Like, was funded by the council and state and federal government bodies. It comprises profiles of people taking part in the program.

Co-author Amra Pajalic said the book was intended to counter negative stereotypes about Muslim women.

"One of the women works at a library and when a customer saw her laughing she said 'Oh, I didn't know that Muslim women laughed'," she said.

"Things like that are really scary in the community."

Ms Divaroren said there was a stereotype that Muslim women were repressed, had no voice and no control over their lives.

"We want to show the world that we're loud and proud and not afraid to raise our voice in a public way," she said.

Asked what she thought of Muslims wearing the burqa, she said: "Whether you decide to wear the burqa or a hijab or if you choose not to wear it, it's all about the way you want to express yourself and your spirituality, and I absolutely respect that."

Ms Hanson could not be contacted, but NSW election candidate Kate McCulloch, who is running on the same ticket, said she was sure the former One Nation leader would like to see the Muslim women's book.

Ms McCulloch, who once led a campaign against an Islamic school in outer western Sydney, said there was too much cultural segregation in Australia.

"We're too busy promoting other cultures in Australia than our own," she said.

comment:

What kind of (or lack of) intelligence do these people possess to think the Muslim women don't laugh (& other stereotypes)?

Australia: Islamophobe whities attack Mosque: worshippers fear escalating violence

BY JANEK SPEIGHT - 05 Jan, 2012

AN attack on a Newcastle mosque, trapping seven worshippers inside, has been caught on security camera.

The attack happened only minutes after a group of children had finished a scripture class and is the latest in a series of incidents that have left the city’s Muslim community feeling ‘‘vulnerable and scared’’.

In the security footage, which has been provided to police, two tattooed men are seen to approach the Wallsend mosque about 9.30pm on Monday.

One man, with a large tattoo of a cross on his neck, kicks through the fence gate and hurls an object at the mosque’s front door.

Then he runs and smashes a flying kick into the door.

More objects are thrown at the building and one of the men is seen to shout what appears to be abuse.

Newcastle Muslim Association vice-president Diana Rah said seven worshippers were inside the mosque at the time and managed to lock the main entrance on the side of the building.

The two men tried to kick through this entrance but were unsuccessful, she said.

Ms Rah said a group of children left the mosque after an evening scripture class only minutes before the men arrived.

Newcastle police Chief Inspector Dean Olsen said the attack was being investigated. He called for anyone with information to come forward.

video: http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...e/2410331.aspx

security camera pictures: http://www.theherald.com.au/multimed...Start=0&page=1

Default Australia - Land of hicks, bigots, racist

Racism rife in finance and IT hiring

January 23, 2012

ALMOST three-quarters of finance and information technology workers say racism exists in Australianhiring practices, a survey shows.

The survey of 895 workers, which was conducted by Balance Recruitment in December last year, also found that 30 per cent of people in the IT and finance sectors had first-hand experiences of racism.

It found that people from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and China were more likely to be victims of racist hiring practices.

Those who felt racism was a major issue came from a variety of backgrounds including Anglo-Saxon, African, Subcontinental and South-East Asian origins.

Eight per cent of respondents said they believed ethnic stereotyping was warranted.

Last edited by islamirama; Jul-5-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Australian Muslim family escape as rednecks firebomb house

SIX people including four children were inside a Ballajura house last night when an explosive material was thrown through a bedroom window which caused a massive fire.

Shocked neighbours today told of the commotion that roused them from their homes last night, saying they heard screeching car tyres and shouts of celebration from a carload of men which sped from the scene seconds after the firebombing.

Fire investigators today found a cylinder-shaped rocket-like flare in the front garden of the home, which was examined, photographed and bagged as evidence.

A 14-year-old boy occupant said the family was sleeping in their Winchester Place house when a petrol bomb or flare was thrown through his parent's bedroom window at about 11pm, narrowly missing his father.

“I heard this loud bang sound, I ran towards my dad’s room and I opened the door and there was a lot of smoke,” Faisal said.

“He came out, we grabbed all the kids and we got out of the house.

“We ran back into the house to grab a couple of things, we opened the bedroom door again but it was all on fire.

“We came out of the house again and there was like an explosion and the whole place just caught on fire.”

Faisal, who has lived in the Winchester Place house since the age of one, said his family was shaken but unharmed.

One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said he heard a car, with several young men on board "yelling and yahooing'' and honking their car horn as they sped away from the burning house.

Another neighbour, who lives next door to the house which was firebombed, said she was woken by the screech of car tyres and loud bangs. A dark coloured sedan, possibly a Nissan Skyline, was seen speeding away.

"I came outside and saw that the bedroom was on fire, I was so worried about our house because the fire was so close,'' she said.

"I thought 'what in the world is going on."

Keith, an 80-year-old resident who lives across the road, said he also heard a loud bang.

“I came outside and the left hand front window of the house was on fire,” he said.

“The flames really got up high.”

Witnesses said the fire engulfed the home incredibly quickly, spreading rapidly throughout the house and into the roof.

Early today the gutted brick and tile home was still smouldering as uniformed police, arson squad detectives and FESA investigators continued to examine the scene.

A dark coloured sedan was seen speeding away from the scene.

A FESA spokesman said 18 fire-fighters were required to extinguish the blaze, which caused about $600,000 damage.

Anyone with any information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226318165641

Default Anti-islamism in Australia

Soldiers talk of killing Muslims after Sydney protests

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ll=1#post63819

-------------------------------

Defence silent on anti-Muslim rants

TONY EASTLEY: It's been a month since AM brought you concerns from senior members of the Muslim community about former or serving soldiers making threatening comments in social media.

Despite the comments referring to using weapons on Muslims who took part in the Sydney riot, the Defence Department is yet to explain to the Islamic Council of New South Wales, or to AM for that matter, what action if any it has taken.

The director of Australia's largest Muslim website says the Defence Department is being hypocritical and a 30 year veteran of the Army says it should have been dealt with much more quickly.

Michael Vincent reports.

MICHAEL VINCENT: The Muslim community told AM of its concerns back in September - that men who were former or serving members of the Defence Forces were making comments like this on Facebook.

FACEBOOK COMMENT (voice-over): Mate, what I've given to drop the legs on a mag 58, slap on a 500 round belt, adopt the stable firing position in the middle of the street and lay waste to every single one of those cancerous f******.

MICHAEL VINCENT: The head of Defence and the Minister for Defence Science and Personnel initially condemned the comments.

Over the past month AM has written to Defence Media three times to ask if it can confirm how many of those making the comments are current or serving ADF members, either regular or reservists. Defence Media hasn't responded.

Three weeks ago it issued a statement saying that "disciplinary investigations" were underway. It hasn't elaborated on what action, if any, has been taken.

The Islamic Council of New South Wales says it's still awaiting a response from the Defence Department. A spokesman says it would've liked the issue dealt with by now.

Others in the community are blunter in their assessment. Ahmed Kilani is the director of Australia's largest Islamic website muslimvillage.com.

AHMED KILANI: I'm actually shocked that it's taken Defence this long to respond considering we have troops in engagement in countries such as Afghanistan and the nature of what was said. I'm really concerned that nothing has been done.

MICHAEL VINCENT: Mr Kilani has accused Defence of double standards.

AHMED KILANI: You know, sadly if it was a young Australian Muslim person that had military training that made such comments, I think it would be a completely different story at this stage. People are just ignoring this issue and sweeping it under the carpet.

I think it's pretty hypocritical, a bit of a double standard unfortunately.

MICHAEL VINCENT: AM has attempted to contact the men who made the comments who are linked to the 1RAR regiment in Townsville. None have responded.

Many of them appear in Defence Force publications or the Defence Department website - one as recently as June.

Retired Brigadier Neil Weekes served for 31 years and was based in Townsville. He's just returned from a visit to Afghanistan and he says the social media comments were irresponsible.

NEIL WEEKES: Those sort of inflammatory remarks don't get anywhere, don't achieve anything except to upset those sort of people who take offence. And if you were to say that about any other group, they would rightly take offence as well.

MICHAEL VINCENT: And he says Defence should be open about its investigation.

NEIL WEEKES: In this particular case I think - anything internally, it's always got a danger of being covered up and not being given the priority that it should be given.

MICHAEL VINCENT: You think it should have been dealt with more quickly?

NEIL WEEKES: I think so.

TONY EASTLEY: Retired Brigadier Neil Weekes ending Michael Vincent's report.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2012/s3618959.htm

Comments:

If a Muslim made such statements, they would be charged with terrorism and given long prison sentences. Kafirs get different treatment in Australia. Muslims get charged with terrorism simply for asking questions about their own religion, or posting/downloading military info. These kafir terrorists get away with talking about actually killing Muslims in Australia:

Dundee man who threw a sword at Muslim men faces jail

A Dundee man hurled a sword at three Muslim men as they stood outside a block of flats after escaping from a fire, a court has heard.

Grant Robertson, 28, launched a tirade of abuse at the three men following the incident on 26 January.

At Dundee Sheriff Court, Robertson pleaded guilty to a charge of acting in a racially aggravated manner and to assaulting the men.

Sheriff Elizabeth Munro released him on bail ahead of sentencing next month.

The court heard that when he was arrested Robertson told police: "I threw my sword out the window at them, I wish it got them in the throat."

Dundee Sheriff Court was told that Mahmut Turk had been praying in his flat in the city's Craigmount Road at about 00:10 on the night of the incident when he smelled smoke.

He woke his roommate Yusuf Akhaya, who called the emergency services, and then rushed from the flat, where they met their other roommate, Emre Sezen.
    Racist abuse

But as they waited for the fire brigade, Robertson climbed out of his first floor window and began his tirade.

Fiscal depute Trina Sinclair told the court: "Police attended with the fire brigade and went in to make inquiries. The accused then came to the window of the property and started shouting at the three men, saying things like 'I will kill you all' and 'Muslim bastards'."

She told the court Robertson then disappeared from the window and came back brandishing the weapon.

Ms Sinclair said officers could see the accused hanging out the window shouting and swearing.

She added: "Police attended his property and spoke to him through the door, but he continued shouting and swearing and making racial remarks."
    Murder threats

The fiscal depute said Robertson was taken to police HQ and charged with attempted murder. She told the court: "In reply he said 'I never attempted to murder, If I was going to murder him I would do'."

Police had originally charged Robertson, who has previous convictions for assault, breach of the peace and vandalism, with attempted murder.

Defence solicitor Ross Bennett reserved his plea in mitigation for a later sentencing date.

Sheriff Elizabeth Munro released Robertson on bail ahead of sentencing next month.

She said: "That doesn't mean I'm not considering a custodial sentence."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-20301052

Comments:

interesting that the police didn't investigate him for arson, i doubt they done the same had it been a non white.

Muslims still a side dish in Australia's melting pot

Australian Muslims have taken great strides in becoming part of the "Australian mosaic" but their presence at the top is not yet considered 'normal'

Shahram Akbarzadeh.

Australian Muslims have benefitted immensely from Australian multiculturalism. Australia's legislative safeguards against racial and religious vilification and a commitment to cultural diversity, albeit fluctuating, have given Muslim community organisations a chance to challenge streaks of racism and intolerance.

But we should not lull ourselves into a false sense of security. The opening of a corner kebab shop or the occasional token Muslim on ABC TV does not mean that Muslims are universally accepted as part of the Australian mosaic.

The future of Australian Muslims is contingent, to a large extent, on the good will of the government of the day. Changes at the top can have profound implications for community relations. The Howard era, marked by its conspicuous retreat from multiculturalism, created a political atmosphere ripe for the rise of racial and religious intolerance. The Cronulla riot (2005) was an ugly manifestation of this slide away from tolerance of difference.

Despite the unfavourable political environment, made worse by every terrorist attack beyond our shores, a number of Muslim organisations have tried to be proactive in relation to the challenges facing the community.

The Islamic Council of Victoria, for example, has demonstrated great agility in transforming itself into an outward looking organisation in the last decade. It overcame the initial knee-jerk reaction of adopting a victim mentality and opted for proactive engagement with other community groups, the law enforcement and the media. This approach has made the ICV the first port of call for the state government when dealing with issues of radicalisation and extremism.

Another example, again in Victoria, is the Australian Intercultural Society. While the name is somewhat misleading, the AIS has been at the forefront of engaging policy and opinion makers on issues that relate to Muslims. This is a distinctly different approach, as the AIS tends to focus on VIP events by invitation only. Hobnobbing with those in authority, and its support base among the Turkish community, has allowed AIS to establish itself as a serious player.

This image was strengthened in 2007 when it funded the establishment of a Chair in Muslim-Catholic Understanding at the Australian Catholic University.
    This is an impressive record of proactive engagement. But it has its limits. Muslims still constitute a marginalised community. The 2011 Census data puts Muslim unemployment at 4.5 per cent. While this is better than the 2006 census figure of 5.9 per cent, it is nearly twice the 2011 national average of 2.7 per cent.

The average income level for Muslim households is substantially lower than the national average with more than 20 per cent of Muslim households live on a weekly income of $299 or less. That is 2.4 times higher than the national record: just over 8 per cent of households nationally.

Australian Muslims are three times less likely to own their dwelling than non-Muslims and twice as likely to be renting.
    These figures point to an obvious imbalance. The problem, as it turns out, is that this imbalance is persistent. The emerging socio-economic picture from the 2011 Census reproduces the same gap between Muslims and the rest of the country evident in previous census figures.

In addition to this, Muslims have almost no political representation at the top. Victoria presents the exception to the rule. The state parliament has an established record of Muslim representation and includes three Muslim MPs, the first of whom was elected in 1996. The NSW state parliament welcomed its first and only Muslim MP in 2009. No other state legislative assembly includes Muslim MPs.
    In 2010 Ed Husic the first and only Muslim MP was elected to the federal parliament. This was a major step forward.

But Muslims have a long way to go before their presence at the top can be considered 'normal'. Unlike the Jewish presence that is generally taken for granted, Muslim participation at the top of the political establishment raises eyebrows and causes not-so-subtle innuendos about a hidden agenda, as Husic discovered during his electoral campaign.

Australian Muslims appear to have made significant headway, particularly in Victoria, reflecting the long-standing commitment of the state government to multiculturalism and religious tolerance. This commitment is mirrored in various state departments, notably in the way VicPolice engages with community organisations.

However, the other side of the coin is that the above gains are not irreversible. They are contingent on the good will of office holders. In event of a changing tide at the federal or the state level, Muslim's marginal status means that they have no political muscle to correct a turn towards intolerance.

Shahram Akbarzadeh is based at Melbourne University. This is an abridged version of his presentation at the Deakin Conference on Reclaiming Multiculturalism (15-16 November).

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4369418.html

Comments:

It’ a melting pot full of racism, there is no "muliculturalism" to reclaim. Hate crime and prejudice against minorities by the hicks is very common. Yet minorities go there and become “Australian” mentally, lifestyle, behavior, you name it. Muslims are so brainwashed that they think of themselves as Australian first and then anything else.

Their engagement is a little too proactive; the only thing ICV has demonstrated is wala' for the kuffar. This approach has made them the first port of call whenever the media needs a statement to attack another Muslim organisation or individual.

High unemployment among Muslims linked to so called war on terror

A NEW report paints a devastating picture of Muslim unemployment in Australia and links workplace discrimination to terrorist attacks such as the Bali bombings.

The report says that reducing the deep-seated hostility toward Muslims by a minority of Australians was hard to achieve in an atmosphere created by an open-ended war on terror.

The Newcastle University report was completed last year and quietly released on the Immigration Department's website.

Using Census data, it found that the jobless rate for Muslim men was more than double the national average and that only 57 per cent of Muslim males aged 15 and older had jobs compared with 68 per cent of all working-age men.

Suburbs with high Muslim concentrations such as Broadmeadows and Dallas had jobless rates of more than 15 per cent in 2006, said the report.

"In total, 58 per cent of Muslims earned less than $400 per week compared to 41 per cent of the Australian population," it said.

The seven-person research team, led by Prof Terry Lovat, said that Muslims faced workplace barriers including poor English proficiency, difficulty having overseas qualifications recognised and cultural and religious issues.

But they said that Muslims were also viewed as "others" by employers, and they suffered rising discrimination in the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks and the 2002 Bali bombings.

"Muslim men have expressed concern that the negative portrayal of Muslims in the media may have a detrimental effect on the self-esteem of Muslim youth and also result in children being bullied at school," said the report.

Social researcher and Islamic Council of Victoria executive member Mohamad Tabbaa said he was disappointed but not surprised by the report's findings.

Mr Tabbaa said some discrimination was subtle, such as employers being hesitant to hire hijab-wearing Muslim women because they feared losing customers.

"There is a lot of discrimination against Muslims, and not just in employment.

"Since the terrorist attacks Islamophobia is on the rise in Western countries, including Australia," he said.

The report's authors called for a long-term concerted campaign to change societal attitudes that are reflected in workplace discrimination.

National unemployment rates in selected religious groups

Lutheran 4 per cent

Baptist 4.8 per cent

Orthodox 4.9 per cent

Buddhist 9.6 per cent

Muslim 13.4 per cent

Source

Comments:

It’s not just Australia, it’s the same in all western nations. They did a similar report in USA in which they applied to a job at several places using the same resume where only the name was changed from Muslim to Christian name and the Christian named resume got calls and interviews whereas the other one did not. Even the so called Religious Freedom Commission got sued for discriminating against Muslims.

A Nation of Racist

• Australians are earning a bad reputation overseas
    • Tourists may be scared off after abuse of French woman
    • There's a difference between being a larrikin and a yobbo

larrikin - hooligan, scoundrel, a boisterous, often badly behaved young man.
    Yobbo - a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish working-class person

Commuters were subjected to a horrifying display of racism and threats of violence on a Melbourne bus when a French woman was abused for singing in her native tongue.Video footage of the incident, taken by Melbourne stand-up comedian Mike Nayna, shows three people — including a man pushing a pram — threatening the woman, calling her a c---, a dog and a bitch.

"Speak English or die, motherf---er," a middle-aged man shouted at the woman, who was sitting at the back of the bus.

Nasty stuff ... a screen shot of the racist rant, filmed by another commuter. Photo: YouTube

He later continued: "Everyone on the bus wants to kill ya! You're gonna have to get off eventually bitch. You worked that out yet?"

Mr Nayna said a woman, believed to be the partner of a man with a pram, heckled the French woman, to which she replied: "Just go; you can go now." He said that prompted the man with the pram to shout: "I'll f---ing boxcutter you right now, dog, talk to my missus like that.

Captured on camera ... three people caught abusing a female commuter aboard the bus. Photo: YouTube

"Yeah, come on c---, get off. F---ing ding. Look at ya. You've been told about four times, get off." When the man pushing the pram left the bus, he smashed the window closest to the woman from the outside.

The bus was a rail replacement running on the regular Frankston line from Mordialloc to Caulfield about 10.30pm on Sunday, November 11.Mr Nayna said it was worrying how the abusers fed off each other and became a mob. "It didn't make any sense. There was no logic," he said.

"It was just weird mob mentality. They were feeding off each other and breaking off into rants and encouraging each other over some racist stuff — it was like a bonding session." Mr Nayna, who has light-brown skin, said at one point he tried to stop the fracas but he was also abused with a rant about how black people should sit at the back of the bus. Another passenger offered one of the abusers his fishing knife and gave him a beer.

"Then he went off on a tangent about filleting people and saying 'They're just scared c---- at the back of the bus," Mr Nayna said.Mr Nayna said Victoria Police had contacted him about the footage and would speak to them later on Wednesday.

He said he had uploaded the footage to shame those involved and who were featured in the video into realising what they had done."I don't care about these people, I feel like they can reap what they sow, so good luck to them, but what I'd prefer to do is ... show how embarrassing it is and get people talking about that maybe racism is a problem," Mr Nayna said.

"I want those people to see it and hopefully it will change the way they think by being shamed."There were just a lot of scared faces and confusion ... there was just no sense to be made of it."

In 2010, three men were the first in Victoria charged with inciting racial hatred, accused of verbally and physically assaulting an Indian man on a bus between Frankston and Rye. All three had charges against them dropped last year.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ra...#ixzz2CobqLZ8k

Comments:

Even non-Musilms who are not aussie are not spared by these hicks. NO suprise there that the charges were dropped on the three men assaulting the poor indian. They protect their now filth, which is why this happened in 2010 to indians and is happening today to chinese.
    Violence against Indians in Australia

Last edited by islamirama; Jul-9-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Share the faith? Not for this Doveton pastor

THEY call each other brother, but they can't yet pray as neighbours.

Anti-Islam Pastor Daniel Nalliah says his church, Catch the Fire Ministries, is weeks away from building a $2 million church on an industrial lot in Green Street, Doveton.

But he intends to oppose moves to build a mosque next door, promoted by former Afghanistan government minister Khaliq Fazal.

Mr Fazal said the Omar Farooq Mosque, which would include a community centre and car park, would replace the nearby mosque in Photinia Street where the community has met for the past 16 years.

He said that the residential area was now too small to accommodate its 500 worshippers from different countries.

The City of Casey approved plans for the church in July 2011 and planners are now considering the mosque's application.

Planning manager Duncan Turner said the council would take into account ''local and state planning policy, the impact on industrial land supply, the intensity of the activities, scale of the building and amenity issues such as car parking''.

Deputy mayor Sam Aziz said he wanted to reserve his view for the council debate early next year, but that ''it would be a very sad day in this country if religion was to come into our decision-making''.

Councillor Aziz said ''the perception in the community is that sometimes in these places words are stated and sermons are given that are not necessarily peaceful. ''Do you know much about Islam? I suggest you get to know a lot more before you write your story because what you might find will actually horrify you.'
    '

Mr Fazal, 61, a former minister of public works in Afghanistan, is now a consultant and the public face of those supporting the mosque. ''This is a multicultural country and a multi-faith country. There is a Fijian mosque and a church next to each other on Hallam Road and there is no problem whatsoever.''

When he met Pastor Nalliah for the first time on the barren, weedy Green Street lot the two men shook hands and chatted amicably until Pastor Nalliah said: ''We don't approve of Nazi ideology but that doesn't mean that we hate the Germans.

''Frankly,'' Pastor Nalliah said, ''I don't think we can live side by with a mosque next to us based on what's happening in Europe.''

It is not the first time the pastor has courted controversy. In 2006 Pastor Nalliah was acquitted of a racial vilification charge brought against him and colleague Daniel Scot, by the Islamic Council of Victoria.

In 2009 he blamed Victorian legislation decriminalising abortion for the Black Saturday bushfires and he has appeared in England and the US to decry what he sees as the encroachment of sharia law.

Flyers have been sent to residents in the area from ''a very concerned citizen of the spread of Islam in the west''.

The leaflet, in which Pastor Nalliah has denied any involvement, claimed that in most cases Muslims ''refuse to assimilate into our way of life, the Australian way of life''.

More than 100 people have signed an anti-mosque petition. But Deepa Jacob, 26, who lives two doors down, said her objections were practical not ideological. ''Traffic and noise,'' she said, ''nothing else.''

Mr Fazal assured locals that neighbours of the old Photinia street mosque would attest that they would not be disturbed by the call to prayer.

''We don't have loudspeakers and we don't want to have loudspeakers,'' he said. ''And would the church have a bell?''

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/sh...126-2a3oe.html

Hostility to Muslims greater in Sydney than Melbourne

PUBLIC hostility towards Muslims is much greater in Sydney than Melbourne — by a factor of two to one — with immigrants far more dispersed across the Victorian capital, according to a major social survey.

The findings show Sydney is home to a higher percentage of people born overseas than Melbourne, but they are typically poorer and concentrated in fewer suburbs than those in the southern state.

The targets of racism in Australia have also changed — the Indian community is now most often singled out rather than the past focus on people of east Asian descent, despite official attempts in recent years to calm anger over a spate of attacks on Indian students.

The stocktake of attitudes towards immigrants in Australia's two largest cities offers a rare and fascinating insight into the community's experience of a growing national population — up 3 million in the past decade, a figure that includes births as well as the migrant intake.

The results show 29 per cent of Sydneysiders hold a negative view of Muslims, compared with 15 per cent in Melbourne.

The violent protests in Sydney's CBD last month over the depiction of Muslims in an American-made film sparked fears of a return to the tensions that followed the 2005 Cronulla riots, prompting an immediate condemnation from Islamic leaders.

But the survey findings also warn of broader problems creeping into immigrant neighbourhoods in both cities, with people born in Australia more likely to feel vulnerable in their homes than those of non-English-speaking backgrounds.

The research, to be released today, is built on data collected over several years by Monash University, backed by the Scanlon Foundation and the Australian Multicultural Foundation.

The extensive surveys, drawing on a sample of 15,000 people, also delves into the fears and aspirations right across the country — with the economy, the quality of politicians, and boats ferrying asylum seekers ranked as the three most serious problems facing Australia. Boat arrivals are toxic for the Gillard government: the results show only 6 per cent of people think Labor is doing a good job, compared with an overwhelming 66 per cent vote of disapproval.

And underscoring the deep divides the explosion of boat numbers is creating in the community, Greens supporters have almost completely broken away from the mainstream in sympathy for asylum seekers.

Only one in four people believe people arriving by boat should be eligible for permanent residence, whereas 62 per cent of Greens voters are in favour.

The survey is not all bad news. A majority is convinced by the statement, "Australia is a land of economic opportunity where in the long run, hard work brings a better life" — an optimism especially felt among people who speak a language other than English at home.

"Many immigrants are actually more positive about Australia than the Australian-born because their reference point is where they come from," study author, Andrew Markus, told The Age.

But a breakdown of the findings, examining migrant hubs in Sydney and Melbourne around Bankstown and Dandenong respectively, suggests trust is fraying between migrants and those born locally.

Third-generation Australians — defined as a person born in Australia of parents also born in Australia — are far more likely to be dissatisfied living in one of these neighbourhoods.

Third-generation Australians are also twice as likely than those of non-English-speaking backgrounds to report life in their local area has become much worse and see the migrant intake as "too high".

Hass Dellal, of the Australian Multicultural Foundation, said the split between Sydney and Melbourne on views of Muslims resulted from more work in Victoria to engage the Islamic community.

Dr Dellal said it was crucial to engage younger Muslims to stop feelings of marginalisation.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/ho...#ixzz2ASxiSRdV

Indian women attacked in Melbourne

Police are investigating a racially-motivated attack against two Indian women in Melbourne.

The two women, aged in their early 20s, have told police they caught a bus in Port Melbourne about 12:30pm on Wednesday last week.

One of the two bumped into a passenger with her handbag, and when she turned around to apologise, she was racially abused by the woman.

Police say the woman, aged in her 30s, continued hurling abuse for the rest of the trip into the city, and when the women got off the bus at the corner of Queen and Collins streets, they were followed by the offender and her friend.

It is alleged the woman hit the pair and warned them against calling the police, before smashing one of their mobile phones.

Police are appealing for witnesses to call Crime Stoppers.

Last month, a French woman was racially abused on a bus to Frankston. That incident is still being investigated.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-2...bourne/4439394

'I was screaming for help': pregnant woman stomped on by bag snatcher

A heavily pregnant woman was left "shivering [and] crying" after being stomped on by a bag snatcher in Sydney's west.

The 35 year-old woman, Swati, who is 37 weeks pregnant, cried out to the three thieves not to hurt her, but one stomped on her as they ran off with her bag on Tuesday afternoon.

"I was screaming for help because I thought if they just got scared they will run away with just the bag," she said.

Swati and her niece, Shruti, 20, were walking to their car from Holsworthy train station after an acupuncture appointment when they were set upon by the men in a secluded park.

Swati said a man approached her from behind and tried to grab her shoulder and take her handbag.

As she struggled with him, a second man joined in and tried to pull the bag away from her.

She said she fell to the ground but was still holding onto the bag. A third man then stomped on her stomach...

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/i-was-scre...121-29ps5.html

Default Australian mentality and poor sense of humor

Australian radio dua did a prank call on a nurse led to her death. Greig and Christian impersonated the Queen and Prince Charles and sought details about the condition of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, who was being treated for severe morning sickness. Although they duo apologized for any "hurt" it may have cause others but they didn't show any remorse. In fact, they continued to talk about it on their radio as a great accomplishment.

Michael Christian and Mel Greig are the Australian radio duo who thought it would be really funny to call up a hospital pretending to be the elderly grandmother-in-law of a young woman bedridden during the most dangerous time of her pregnancy – an act that even Frankie Boyle might scrap from his routine on the grounds of it being in poor taste. Bill Hicks, this was not. Morecambe and Wise, these two ain’t.

The prank call was last cool here around the same time that shell suits and bum bags were, but it seems only now to have reached Australia, a place so devoid of culture that all its best comedians leave as soon as they can (Barry Humphries, Tim Minchin, Adam Hills). I did like the one where Jon Culshaw pretended to be William Hague, and called Tony Blair to ask him if he wanted to borrow his Cher DVD, but that was way back in 1998. Mostly, prank calls have all the sophistication of a schoolboy let loose with a whoopee cushion and a set of water balloons.

In fact, describing such an intrusion into someone’s privacy as a “prank” is wildly insulting, because it implies a level of joviality, when what Christian and Greig did was borderline illegal, the kind of thing anybody else would get strung up for. Childish prank? Sounds more like a nuisance call to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...he-depths.html

Australians' online comments were mixed though a majority tended to criticise the hosts, describing them as “silly and disrespectful” and “not even intelligent”. Some called for the pair to be fired.

“How embarrassing for all Aussies. Once again we are all made to look like a bunch of Galahs by a couple of no taste, no class twerps,” said a comment on Sydney’s Daily Telegraph website. Another said: “Pathetic and shallow humour. I feel for the nurse who probably was tired and felt put on the spot.”

Another Australian said: "I'm a republican, but do you yahoos really have nothing better to do with your show than harass a sick pregnant woman and her family whilst she's in hospital?

"Dregs of your profession, the pair of you."

An online poll on the prank by Fairfax Media received more than 27,000 responses, with 61 per cent labelling the prank “childish and embarrassing”, 24 per cent saying it was “Funny, the royals should get a sense of humour” and 15 per cent saying it was “mildly amusing”.

Much of the media coverage in Australia focussed on the furious reaction by the British press and suggested it was heightened by the scrutiny of media conduct following the Leveson inquiry.

“The prank dominated UK news websites overnight with many expressing outrage,” noted Charles Miranda, a News Limited correspondent in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-hospital.html

Default Australia

Australian radio dua did a prank call on a nurse led to her death. Greig and Christian impersonated the Queen and Prince Charles and sought details about the condition of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, who was being treated for severe morning sickness. Although they duo apologized for any "hurt" it may have cause others but they didn't show any remorse. In fact, they continued to talk about it on their radio as a great accomplishment.

Michael Christian and Mel Greig are the Australian radio duo who thought it would be really funny to call up a hospital pretending to be the elderly grandmother-in-law of a young woman bedridden during the most dangerous time of her pregnancy – an act that even Frankie Boyle might scrap from his routine on the grounds of it being in poor taste. Bill Hicks, this was not. Morecambe and Wise, these two ain’t.

The prank call was last cool here around the same time that shell suits and bum bags were, but it seems only now to have reached Australia, a place so devoid of culture that all its best comedians leave as soon as they can (Barry Humphries, Tim Minchin, Adam Hills). I did like the one where Jon Culshaw pretended to be William Hague, and called Tony Blair to ask him if he wanted to borrow his Cher DVD, but that was way back in 1998. Mostly, prank calls have all the sophistication of a schoolboy let loose with a whoopee cushion and a set of water balloons.

In fact, describing such an intrusion into someone’s privacy as a “prank” is wildly insulting, because it implies a level of joviality, when what Christian and Greig did was borderline illegal, the kind of thing anybody else would get strung up for. Childish prank? Sounds more like a nuisance call to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...he-depths.html

Australians' online comments were mixed though a majority tended to criticise the hosts, describing them as “silly and disrespectful” and “not even intelligent”. Some called for the pair to be fired.

“How embarrassing for all Aussies. Once again we are all made to look like a bunch of Galahs by a couple of no taste, no class twerps,” said a comment on Sydney’s Daily Telegraph website. Another said: “Pathetic and shallow humour. I feel for the nurse who probably was tired and felt put on the spot.”

Another Australian said: "I'm a republican, but do you yahoos really have nothing better to do with your show than harass a sick pregnant woman and her family whilst she's in hospital?

"Dregs of your profession, the pair of you."

An online poll on the prank by Fairfax Media received more than 27,000 responses, with 61 per cent labelling the prank “childish and embarrassing”, 24 per cent saying it was “Funny, the royals should get a sense of humour” and 15 per cent saying it was “mildly amusing”.

Much of the media coverage in Australia focussed on the furious reaction by the British press and suggested it was heightened by the scrutiny of media conduct following the Leveson inquiry.

“The prank dominated UK news websites overnight with many expressing outrage,” noted Charles Miranda, a News Limited correspondent in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-hospital.html

Only Britons hated hoax call, Australian media says

Only Britons hated the prank call to the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated, Australian media said after the hoax.

Commentators, comedians and even rival radio hosts spoke out in support of 2Day FM’s stars Mel Greig and Michael Christian, saying the prank was funny and inoffensive.

But the stunt was labelled “childish and embarrassing” by almost two-thirds of Australians in an online poll, with others warning it was “a clear case of certain elements of the media going too far”.

The British outrage immediately after the stunt was what made the prank so good, entertainment writer Christine Sams wrote in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Journalist Brett Mason, the Europe correspondent for Network 10 Australia, told AAP he was shocked the prank had worked.

"I think we're probably having a bit more of a chuckle than our British comrades,” he said on Wednesday.

“The joke went really well, they should have aired it. Anyone who doesn't laugh at this story, and works in the media, is just angry they didn't do it themselves.

“They've done well, I take my hat off to them.”

Another comedian, Julian Morrow, who was once arrested during a stunt in which his comedy group impersonated Osama Bin Laden, told Fairfax Media: ''It's funny and I think Austereo (2Day FM's owner) was fairly silly to apologise.

“Prank calls are really legitimate and there's plenty of really good ones… They got through, it worked, that's fine.”

Despite the official apology, Ms Greig declared it “by far the best prank I've ever been involved in”, adding it was “definitely a career highlight”.

One listener, identified only as Jeff G, said it was a “bit of harmless fun” and it was a pity there were “so many sad sacks who can't see the lighter side”.

The Advertiser, based in Adelaide, said “it was a good week for the lost art of the prank”.

But Susie O’Brien, writing in the same newspaper, warned “it beggars belief that two attention-seeking radio jocks think it's funny to prank call her hospital and then broadcast personal medical information”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...edia-says.html

Reminds of zionist pigs who want counseling when one of their terrorists gets killed but have no problem slaughtering thousands of Palestinians.

Your "prank" lead to the death of a good person and in return you said it was just a prank without any remorse and now you want sympathy? Talk about hypocrisy!

'Fragile' DJs getting intense counselling

The Sydney radio presenters behind the prank call that has been linked to a British nurse's death are said to be "fragile" and undergoing intensive psychological counselling.

Southern Cross Austereo has expressed concerns about the mental health of 2Day FM presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian following global condemnation after Jacintha Saldanha's death on Friday.

Greig and Christian are being given intensive counselling to deal with the tragic circumstances, an Austereo spokeswoman told AAP on Sunday.

She said the pair will speak to the media, but the timing will depend on their state of mind, which she described as "fragile".

The radio duo has been confronted with a barrage of abusive and threatening messages via social media following the death of Ms Saldanha, who took their call to London's King Edward VII Hospital.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/fr...#ixzz2EVySlIZj

Default Australia's exchange student on rape charge

Australia's exchange student on rape charge

''Part of the challenge of living and operating in a different culture is that they [the students] have to learn to adapt" ... Tim Hawkes, headmaster of The King's School, on other overseas controversies this year.

A teenage boy has been charged with rape in Scotland and several fellow students have returned to Australia in disgrace after they were chosen to represent Sydney's prestigious The King's School in an international leadership exchange program.

As one of the nation's elite private schools, King's at North Parramatta boasts an exchange agreement that each year enables a select group of year 10 students to stay and study at some of the world's most renowned academic institutions. The school's website states that those fortunate enough to participate in the 10-week leadership program have found it to be ''one of the most memorable experiences of their school life''.

But a Fairfax Media investigation has found that for some this year, the trip will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. One boy has been disciplined at Ridley College, a world prep boarding school located in Ontario, Canada.

A second is understood to have been similarly reported for anti-social behaviour at Mayo College
    , a 135-year-old boys only independent boarding school in India.

In the latest scandal, a 16-year-old boy returned to Australia a fortnight ago after he was arrested, charged and remanded in custody over an alleged sexual assault at Scotland's oldest boarding school, Loretto.

Tim Hawkes, headmaster of The King's School, said: ''We have a vibrant exchange program operating which involves students going to some 19 leading schools around the world. Occasionally, one or two let us down. Occasionally, one or two arrive here and do the same. This year has been no different.

''I can confirm one boy was brought back [from Scotland] who failed in his ambassadorial duties.''

He confirmed there were no plans to expel the student.

Of the other overseas controversies this year, which he refused to shed light on, he said: ''Part of the challenge of living and operating in a different culture is that they [the students] have to learn to adapt. Some do it better than others. Some will make mistakes. End of story.''

Mr Hawkes said periodically, his students encountered problems overseas because of ''different cultural expectations and rules in relation to such things as alcohol''.

But one parent, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, claimed King's - Australia's oldest independent school - had become consumed by a culture of ''cover up''.

She said: ''Power and influence rule the school and the boarder culture breeds bullying and contempt. This sort of behaviour is being excused again and again.''

She added: ''King's is desperate for none of this to be made public but it is happening and it's appalling for the school's reputation. I think it's time for Dr Hawkes to walk his walk or go.''

Fairfax Media is aware of the identities of several students involved in overseas discrepancies but has chosen not to reveal them.

The boy at the centre of the rape allegations was one of two King's students who, in September, was handed a 10-week exchange stay at the leafy, 34-hectare Loretto School, near Edinburgh. The arrangement gave both students the opportunity to sample a new country steeped in history, culture and tradition.

However, when the exchange period concluded last month, one was left languishing in a Scottish jail cell having been accused of sexually assaulting a local female student.

In a written statement, Loretto School confirmed ''an alleged incident'' took place on school grounds during the evening of Saturday, November 10, which had ''involved two 16-year-old pupils, one a short-stay Australian exchange pupil''. It added: ''Loretto reported the incident immediately and the school is co-operating fully with the relevant authorities.''

While details surrounding the incident have not been made public, a Lothian and Borders area police spokesman confirmed the boy was arrested and charged under sections 1 (rape) and 2 (sexual assault by penetration) of the Sexual Offences Scotland Act 2009. After spending time in jail, the student appeared at Haddington Sheriff court on November 13.

The Crown office spokeswoman, Linda McGregor, confirmed the boy had yet to enter a plea and had been released on bail. She added that under Scottish law, she was unable to disclose any conditions of the boy's bail. When Fairfax Media spoke to the student on Saturday he would only confirm that he had been allowed to return to Australia. ''I don't know what happens from here,'' he said.

Comments:

"Some will make mistakes" ? I wouldn't call rape a mistake, it's a crime!