Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan

Junior Member Array

now a day Pakistan is under huge problem and its our duty to perform our work responsibly ...

Member Array

White Guy Honored To Have Earned Nobel Peace Prize For Malala Yousafzai [Satire]
    By Yahya Ridwan

Speaking from a local cafe at an impromptu press conference late this afternoon, local white guy James Sullivan beamed with joy as he accepted thanks for having rescued Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzi from “the throes of inadequacy,” clearing the path for her success.

Spectators wearing “We Saved A Brown Girl” t-shirts and waiving confederate flags cheered as Sullivan explained that he wasn’t the only one to thank for Malala Yousafzai’s accomplishments.

“I’m not the only white guy from Missouri who blogged about brown guys and how scary they were,” said a humble Sullivan. “Without the likes of other white guys around the nation, I don’t think I would have been able to earn Malala’s Nobel Peace Prize.”

Sullivan insisted that he does not seek praise for his heroic leadership, and doesn’t expect Malala to share the prize’s cash award. “I’m not asking for my half of her money because she’ll need all she cash get to buy enough Mountain Dew and AR-15 rifles to be considered an American.”

Other white guys in the crowd applauded as the modest Sullivan described his great act of sacrifice.

“Honestly, he’s an inspiration to all of us. I’ve been monitoring the efforts of hard-working brown women across the world without expecting any accolades, and it’s all because of James’ leadership,” said Elmer Meyers. “Who knows? Maybe I’ll be signing autographs the next time a women from the Middle-East achieves something, but that probably won’t be for a while.”

As the press conference drew to a close, the crowd erupted as Sullivan walked off stage.

“I accept Malala’s Nobel Peace Prize, but I do so reluctantly.”

http://www.thehummusnews.com/white-g...alala-yousafzi

Malala Yusufzai Is Being Exploited by the West and Its Stooges

7/25/13

The sight of white men in suits applauding and gushing at Malala Yusufzai's speech at the United Nations, the media frenzy and vociferous support on social media was nauseating for me. Not because I deny Malala the right to campaign for what she does. It was more due to the sickening double-standards at play and the thought that while she was being lauded hundreds of other Muslim girls were being blown up, raped and bombed into oblivion because of those very men sitting with her that day. Not to mention those very audiences whose tax money is used to fund these campaigns of terror.

So it was refreshing to see that there were some commentators out there who have the moral courage to look beyond the PR stunts and tactics and analyse the deeper motivations behind this entire charade. However, there does seem to be a systematic attempt at stifling debate on this matter, with stooges of the West trying to use petty tactics, straw man arguments and accusations of "jealousy" in order to curb diversity of opinion.

One comment piece that struck me as particularly nefarious was Tehmina Kazi's (British Muslims For Secular Democracy) for the Huffington Post UK. It was the most self righteous and sanctimonious load of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read.
    I knew before I even began to read it that essentially it was not a defence of Malala at all - it was quite obviously a thinly-veiled attempt to degrade those who refuse to fall into line and stand in defence of Western imperialism and those who help to impose a universal liberal agenda. None of the critics of Malala Day were critical of Malala, they were critical of the way in which she was used by those around her.

By implying that her article is in defence of Malala, Kazi is doing exactly what critics accuse the West of doing - appropriating Malala's struggle and campaign in order to push their own hidden agendas.

The biggest flaw in Tehmina's article lies in the crux of her argument, that all the people who have voiced their opposing opinions are merely jealous and bitter. She fails to address any of the arguments posed in pieces such as this one by Assed Baig, nor is there any real analysis of the criticisms that were posed.

She overlooks the reason why Malala is in the position she is in the first place. Nobody is denying that there were problems in Afghanistan and the border regions with Pakistan, but no one with an ounce of credibility can say that things are better for the people who live there since the West began its feminist crusade.

Human rights groups and NGOs have consistently been highlighting that the plight of women is much worse since the 2001 invasion. However, Kazi does not want people to think of all that, we should put those kind of tricky questions to the back of our heads because they are inconvenient, an irritation. She would rather reduce the entire debate to something expected from a teenage school girl, full of ridiculous accusations and baseless emotional drivel.

She also conveniently forgets to mention that the Pakistani Taliban are a direct result of the war in Afghanistan. They are there terrorising women like Malala due to a much deeper and complex reason - the ongoing Western occupation of Afghanistan. But Tehmina and her ilk would rather stay quiet about that, preferring us mere mortals to passively and silently watch, listen and absorb the propaganda that they throw at us.

And she fails to mention another woman of Pakistani citizenship who the Pakistani government handed over to the West to "look after". Nothing is more indicative of the personality politics and war propaganda that are at play, than the differences between Aafia Saddiqui and Malala Yusufzai.

One is lauded worldwide as a bastion of hope, patted on the back and becomes an overnight cultural icon while the other was sold to the highest bidders in order to be raped, tortured and kept in a metal cage by those very people who Kazi would have us believe are the biggest supporters and helpers of Muslim women.

When I tried to offer my comments and criticisms of Tehmina's piece on the Facebook page for BMSD, those great bastions of all things "liberal" and "democratic" chose to censor me and curb my fundamental right of freedom of speech by removing my comments and blocking me from the page within minutes of my first post. Kazi also went on to personally contact at least one news outlet in order to ask them not to print anything I submit.

I am not surprised by Tehmina's tactics and attempts at shutting down debate. Ordinary Muslims who may have alternative views have been progressively marginalised and shouted down by these purveyors of a particular brand of Islam tinged with a Eurocentric fundamentalism.

Tehmina and her ilk have one goal, and that is providing ideological support to the advancement of colonial interests and Western tyranny. Her article is not about the defence of Malala, it is about defending the privileges and opportunities of the elite. It is about shouting down dissent and trying to gag those that want to widen the debate.

The fact that she dismisses other commentators in such a manner and then has the audacity to pose as some sort of moral authority and defender of Malala's honour is laughable. Her article ends by suggesting that "critics get off their backsides and do something constructive for humanity". How ironic that is what she and her ilk are the most afraid off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sofi...b_3650973.html

Member Array

When Jews found refuge in an unlikely place: Pakistan

Instead of fleeing 1930s Europe to British-controlled Palestine like many other Jews, the Kahan family moved to Lahore on a whim.

10-19-14

When Hazel Kahan went back to Lahore, Pakistan, in 2011 for the first time in 40 years, her childhood homes were completely different. Her first home, formerly a tan stone mansion covered in flowery vines, was now completely painted in white and inhabited by the Rokhri family, one of Pakistan’s most powerful political clans. Her second home, where her parents had run a medical clinic, had become the Sanjan Nagar Institute of Philosophy and Arts.

After living in England, Australia and Israel, and having worked in market research in Manhattan for years, Kahan, 75, now lives in Mattituck, on the North Fork of Long Island. She produces interviews for WPKN radio in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and has recently begun discussing her family history in public presentations, telling a story that illustrates how complicated citizenship and allegiances were for Jews during and after World War II in Pakistan and beyond. She has presented her piece “The Other Pakistan” in Woodstock and Greenport, New York and twice in Berlin. She plans to bring her performance to Montreal in November.

“I never really cared about it, I never bothered, until [my father] died [in 2007],” Kahan said of the project. “Then I realized there’s no one left to tell this story. He did his best to pass it on to us. And we’re responsible, you know?”

The story begins in 1933, when Kahan’s parents, Hermann Selzer and Kate Neumann, left Nazi Germany separately for Italy, where Jews were allowed to study medicine. Hermann and Kate (who had briefly met in Berlin years before) met again in Rome and married in 1935. As Europe became increasingly dangerous for Jews, they decided to leave the continent. Most Jews migrated to British-controlled Palestine, but Kahan’s parents made their decision of where to go on a whim. At a dinner party in Rome, an Italian monsignor suggested that they move to Lahore, Pakistan, which was then still part of British India and a city that had an exotic reputation as a crossroads for travelers and traders.

“He said to them: ‘Why are you thinking of going to Palestine?’” Kahan said. “‘You’re young, you’re cosmopolitan, you have medical degrees; in India they need European doctors. Go to India.’”

It turned out to be a great decision — at least for a while. Kahan said that her parents were graciously welcomed in Lahore. They set up a successful medical practice, and her father became part of the British elite class. Lahore was a worldly city with a vibrant international culture.

“Lahore was a very special place because it was at the crossroads of a lot of trade from the East going to Iran and Turkey,” Kahan said, who was born there in 1939. “So people came through and the whole place became a room for travelers.”

That didn’t mean that there were a lot of Jews in Lahore. In the 40s, around 2,000 Jews lived in Pakistan, and most of them were settled in the port city of Karachi.

Kahan’s family lived a largely secular life. For Passover, Kahan recalls eating chapati (more commonly called roti), the unleavened flatbread found throughout India and Pakistan, without really knowing why. The annual sign of Yom Kippur was her father’s fast, which gave him a headache each year.

“It’s kind of difficult to be a Jew if there are no Jews around,” Kahan said.

Internment camp

In December 1940, in the early stages of World War II, Kahan’s family was forced by the British-Indian government to move to internment camps in Purandhar Fort, and later in Satara, in the southwest of India. This happened because the Selzers were “stateless,” and thus considered enemy aliens by the government. Poland had passed a law in 1938 that revoked citizenship from any Polish citizen who had been abroad for at least five years. The Selzers fit this description: Hermann was born in Poland, but his family had moved to Oberhausen, Germany, when he was a child. Kate was born in Germany but assumed Polish nationality when she married Hermann. They had Polish passports to travel to British India, but ceased to be citizens of Poland after the new citizenship laws took effect.

“I think there were maybe like 200 families [in the internment camp],” Kahan said. “They were classified as German Nazis, German anti-Nazis, which we were, and then Italian fascists. So the camp was kind of divided in that way, and we were lopped in with the German anti-Nazis, who were mainly missionaries.”

In the internment camp, the family had a house and lived a relatively normal life under supervision of local officials for five years. Nevertheless, the Selzers had to abandon their medical practice and move away from Lahore. Most interned families faced financial hardships. Their relations to the government and those around them inevitably changed.

In the internment camp, Hermann Selzer began to write down his experiences. He continued to write until he had a stroke, a few years before his death in 2007. Many of his writings, in addition to a collection of his letters, legal documents, and photographs from the 40s through the 60s are now archived on microfilm at the Leo Baeck Institute, a research library of German-Jewish history housed in the Center for Jewish History in New York. Selzer never published any of his work.

“He was a very disciplined man,” Kahan said of her father. “And I bought him a typewriter. He sat writing every morning and then I bought him an electronic typewriter, and he wore it out so I bought him another one.”

Moving to Israel

After the war ended, the Selzers moved back to Lahore and restarted their practice. By the Six Day War in 1967, relations between Jews and Muslims had soured (Pakistan is home to the second largest Muslim population in the world). By 1971, the atmosphere had gotten so tense that the Selzers decided to move to Israel. Kahan said that her parents wanted to spend their entire life in Pakistan, and dreamt of dispensing free medical care to people throughout the Middle East after they retired.

“But being Jewish was no longer being Jewish, it was being Zionist,” Kahan said. “And that was the problem.”

In Israel, Hermann worked part-time at Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem and kept writing. By this time, in a testament to the international turmoil they lived through, the Selzers had accumulated four passports: They had retained their Polish passports, earned Pakistani passports, were given German passports after the war (in recognition of suffering, Kahan explained), and obtained Israeli passports upon settling in Jerusalem.

Decades later, Kahan went through her father’s letters and documents and wrote two unpublished memoirs — “A House in Lahore” and “An Untidy Life” — about her childhood; both were subtitled “Growing Up Jewish in Pakistan.”

The title of her new presentation, “The Other Pakistan,” refers to the seemingly unexpected hospitality and warmth that she has repeatedly experienced as a Jew in a predominantly Muslim country. (Today, at most 800 Jews live there.)

“Pakistan is obviously a really horrible country, with everything bad from Taliban to whatever you want to say,” Kahan said. “But the point is for me is that the other Pakistan is this hospitable place.”

Despite having gone to boarding schools in England and living in various other countries throughout her adult life — not to mention being forced to live in an internment camp as a child — Pakistan is still close to Kahan’s heart. She explained that she has been graciously welcomed back into the Pakistani community every time she has visited.

“I feel because I was born there that in a very profound way it’s my home,” she said. “Even though I’m not of it, I’m from there.”

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...tures/1.621487

Member Array

Pakistan Schools Celebrate 'Anti-Malala Day' In Protest At Nobel Prize Winner's Support For Salman Rushdie

10/11/2014

A organisation representing private schools in Pakistan held an "I am not Malala" day on Monday, condemning the schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai for what it views as her support for controversial novelist Salman Rushdie.

The All Pakistan Private Schools Federation held walks, seminars and press conferences to highlight the day, which was held against the 17-year-old who won its country a Nobel peace prize earlier this year, AFP reported.

The group said Pakistani eduction activist Malala was a member of 'Salman Rushdie's Ideological Club' because her memoir supports the freedom of expression of British novelist Rushdie, who has been accused of blaspheming Islam in his book "The Satanic Verses".

Though she has achieved worldwide impact for her education campaigning[allegedly], some [most] in Pakistan view Malala as an 'agent of the West' and say she does not support Islamic values.

Unconfirmed photos on Twitter appear to show the group with banners reading "I am not Malala. I am Muslim. I am Pakistani."

The federation said Malala's book was too sympathetic to Rushdie, who has been the target of an Iranian fatwa calling for his murder for nearly 20 years.

The All Pakistan Private Schools Federation has already banned its members from buying Malala's memoir, "I am Malala", because it claims the book contains "anti-Pakistan and anti-Islam content". [written by CIA "journalist"]

Mirza Kashif Ali, the president of the All Pakistan Private Schools Federation said in a statement it was "clear that Malala has nexus with Salman Rushdie and Taslima Nasrin, and also has alignment with Salman Rushdie's ideological club".

"We severely condemned the chapter of the book in which Salman Rushdie's book has been mentioned as freedom of expression by Malala while referring to father's views," he added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_6132958.html

'I Am Not Malala' Day in Pakistan

Pakistani Schools Network Observes 'I Am Not Malala' Day Across Pakistan, Condemns Teenage Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai

November 16, 2014

On November 10, a private school network across Pakistan marked 'I Am Not Malala' Day to condemn the 17-year-old girls' education campaigner Malala Yousafzai, who received this year's Nobel Peace Prize. The Pakistani teenager rose to fame after the (alleged) Taliban shot her in the head in October 2012 for writing an online diary in which she described (lied) how Taliban militants had closed down girls' schools and imposed Islamic sharia rule in Pakistan's Swat valley in early 2009.

Malala Yousafzai lives in Britain, where she was initially brought for medical treatment. She became popular among Pakistani youth, but her autobiography "I Am Malala," written with help from [by] British journalist Christina Lamb, was later criticized by Pakistani journalists and commentators who questioned her patriotism and accused her of advancing a Western agenda in Pakistan.

Below is the text of a report in the Urdu daily Roznama Jang, which was headlined: "'I Am Not Malala' Day Observed In Private Educational Institutions Across The Country": [1]

"Following a call from the All Pakistan Private Schools Federation, 'I Am Not Malala Day' was observed in private educational institutions across the country. On this occasion, seminars, sessions, and walks were organized for awareness about Malala's book 'I Am Malala.' A press conference and a seminar were organized, presided over by Mirza Kashif Ali, president of the All Pakistan Private Schools Federation [APPSF]. Other provincial heads [of the APPSF] Malik Abrar Hussain, Shahid Zhnour [sic], Faisal Rizwan, Abdul Rasheed Kakar, Saleem Khan, and Wajahat Baig were also present on the occasion.

"Mirza Kashif Ali said that November 10 will be marked in the country every year as 'I Am Not Malala Day,' and the ban on [Malala's] book will continue in the private schools. The Federation has decided that the country's private schools will not allow the book to become part of their libraries and syllabi activities. Every year, teachers will bring out the realities regarding the book before the public.

"He [Mirza Kashif Ali] said that it is necessary to tell students what Malala has written in her book, and this point also should be discussed as to why she talked about the right to freedom of expression with regard to her father [i.e. his views] on accursed Salman Rushdie's book ['The Satanic Verses'], and why it is extremely wrong to do so [i.e. to describe it as freedom of expression]; and why Malala feels proud of advocating [in favor of] accursed Salman Rushdie and of becoming the younger sister of accursed Taslima Nasreen [Bangladeshi reformist writer who now lives in exile in India].

"[Mirza Kashif Ali said that] the book ['I Am Malala'] clashes with Islamic teachings and Nazaria-e-Pakistan [the Ideology of Pakistan], and is also against the viewpoints of Quaid-e-Azam [literally: Great Leader, founder of Pakistan M. A. Jinnah] and Allama Iqbal [the Islamist national poet of Pakistan]."

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/8219.htm

Endnote:

[1] Roznama Jang (Pakistan), November 11, 2014
    Last edited by islamirama; Feb-11-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Member Array

Pakistan Army Operations against Waziristan after school shooting

Majid Freeman

SAD DAY FOR MUSLIMS: I have always loved Pakistan, and Jinnah is still one of my heroes. However I am truly sickened by Pakistani nationalists response to the Taliban attack. Listening to them, I am reminded of how much they sound like right wing American neo-cons or Zionists and not like Muslims at all.

Pakistan wasn't created to be yet another tribe of nationalistic narrow minded bigots, who didn't care about any one outside their borders. It wasnt a tribe - it was a cause.

It was a homeland for Muslims - a nation built to save them from persecution, where they could establish their faith - Islam. And Islam was a moral and ethical force. A revolutionary light that made us a moral force to the world - one that established Justice.

It was like Medina - sanctuary for a people with a cause. If we didn't want to live Islam - then why leave India! What's so important about having Pakistan at all? - To leave one tribe that abandoned God to create another tribe that abandons God.

We called ourselves Muslims and separated for a moral cause - a faith of Justice. And yet, after the attack on the school, It seems the Pakistanis have acted much like the Americans did after 9-11. Blood lust and talk of 'killing the terrorists' seems to be on their lips. Have they not left their idol worshipping forefathers roots?

The Pakistani Taliban are a barbaric force, no one disagrees with this and they committed a heinous crime. But stop there, they didnt exist until America pushed the Pakistani army into bombing Waziristan, killing their women and children, making them exiles in their homelands? - Is that not a heinous crime also?

As one of the TTIP spokespeople said: "Because the government is targeting our families and females," he said, "we want them to feel the pain."

If it was wrong for one side to kill children, then surely it was wrong for the other. Where was these nationalists outrage then? - Are the people in Waziristan not human, are they not Muslims too - do they not feel pain?

When did the Pakistanis lose their ability to see wrong from right? When did we become people no better than the Zionists who now destroy the houses and families of those they suspect of being in Hamas?

Even today I heard a Pakistani journalist gloat about the burning down of 'terrorist houses' - is that what we have become? What is a 'terrorist home' - the home where their wives and children live? Is that right? Is that what we Muslims do now? - take it out on their children - make us feel like men again?

Too cowardly to stand up to US and tell them we no longer will be part of their war OF terror but brave against women and children - what heroes we Muslims are!

I always thought Pakistan was better than this, I thought Pakistani's had too much Islam to behave like immoral nationalistic bigots that I see in the UK in the right wing media or marching on its streets - but this episode has made me realise, that Islam is passing away from the hearts of men. Most wear it like clothes, but it never goes beyond their throats.

And holding onto Islam as the Prophet PBUH said ... will be like holding onto a burning coal.

https://www.facebook.com/MajidFreema...105718/?type=1

Member Array

#‎Pakistan‬ Again Fails to Address the Root Cause of Terror

News:

In the aftermath of the brutal attack on the Public Army School in Peshawar, the government under the supervision of the army announced a national plan of action to fight terrorism. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif addressed the nation through national TV and warned the terrorists saying "your days are numbered..." He also announced a 20-point plan to combat terrorism, which includes the establishment of a Rapid Reaction Force, special courts run by military officers to try terrorists, and greater regulation of madrassas. However, for the umpteenth time the government failed to acknowledge the root cause of terrorism plaguing Pakistan.

Comment:

Unless Pakistan boldly addresses the primary cause behind the terror attacks, the situation in the country will deteriorate further. Terror attacks were unheard of until America returned to Afghanistan in October 2001. Since then, Pakistan has been plunged into a cycle of violence perpetrated against civilians on a magnitude and scale not witnessed before.

The obvious cause behind the terror attacks is well known by all parties in Pakistan, but rarely is it singled out, ridiculed and eliminated. America's state terrorism masqueraded within the confines of international law and supported by Pakistan's military brass is the chief cause behind terror that continues to engulf the streets of Pakistan. America's principal terror inflicting tools on the Pakistani population are: robotic death drones that indiscriminately kill civilians, numerous US incursions into Pakistan such as the Abbottabad raid and Raymond Davis like operatives free to roam streets of Pakistan to plan the next terror attack. None of these items appear on Nawaz Sharif's list and yet all of these terror inflicting methods are well known and documented.

The other pillar behind America's state sponsored terrorism against the Pakistani people is the unstinting support provided by Pakistan's military rulers. This includes: sharing intelligence with American army personnel, furnishing air bases for American drones, providing safe houses for American operatives in Pakistani cities, and ensuring that the American hegemony over Pakistan continues. The cooperation that began during the Musharraf era, mushroomed under Kayani and is now spearheaded by General Sharif shows no sign of abating.

It has not escaped attention of the Pakistani public how some of the high profile terror attacks and incursion by US forces have occurred in military areas, which are supposedly well guarded and protected. So if the military cannot protect its own kind, how does one expect the military to protect Pakistan and its people from Pakistan's archenemies? Furthermore, no senior army officer is held accountable or punished for the lapse of security, which only serves to raise suspicion that the army brass is in cohorts with America.

If the Pakistani civil and military leadership are sincere about stopping the terror attacks then they must resolutely address the primary cause. All that is required is the implementation of the following 2-point plan:

1. Sever all links with America. This includes the closure of the American embassy, cessation of intelligence sharing and the confiscation of all air bases provided to the Americans. This must be accompanied by the expulsion of all American civil and military personnel from the country.

2. The Pakistani military top brass should publicly repent, and renounce its subjugation to America. This act of remorse should be augmented by the cessation of military activities against the tribes living in both sides of the Pakistani border, and opening up the ranks of the Pakistani army to sincere militants who yearn to fight for the honour and dignity of Islam. This new pact should be employed to safeguard Pakistan's frontiers from the armies of crusaders and their allies.

Nevertheless, the forgoing points are only a temporary measure to stop terror attacks. A permanent solution necessitates the establishment of the rightly guarded Khilafah. Only the Khilafah can unite the Pakistani army Afghans, Pakistani militants and the Pakistani public under the banner of Islam. Allah says:

واعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنْتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُمْ بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنْتُمْ عَلَى شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِنَ النَّارِ فَأَنْقَذَكُمْ مِنْهَا كَذَلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ

"And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided."

(Al-Imran:103)

Once united under a Khilafah, the crusaders and the enemies of Islam will think twice before lifting their hands to strike Muslims! The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said,
    «وَإِنَّمَا الْإِمَامُ جُنَّةٌ يُقَاتَلُ مِنْ وَرَائِهِ وَيُتَّقَى بِهِ فَإِنْ أَمَرَ بِتَقْوَى اللَّهِ وَعَدَلَ فَإِنَّ لَهُ بِذَلِكَ أَجْرًا وَإِنْ قَالَ بِغَيْرِهِ فَإِنَّ عَلَيْهِ مِنْهُ»

"The Imam is a shield behind which the people fight and behind whom they are protected."

Written for the Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir by Abu Hashim

Member Array

15-year-old Pakistani wins $1.2m Dota2 Asian Championship

By Farjad Khan - February 9, 2015

KARACHI: The world of e-sports has a rising star. Fifteen-year-old Sumail Hassan Syed from Karachi made history for Pakistan on Monday when he helped his team, Evil Geniuses’, claim the Defense of the Ancient 2 (Dota 2) Asian championship in China.

Having moved to the United States only a year ago, the child prodigy had already made waves in the in-house gaming league for North America. It is there where he was picked up by one of the biggest e-sports team, the Evil Geniuses.

EG’s captain said Sumail – who is conveniently known by his in-game alias of ‘Suma1L’ – was brought in after they spotted the “x-factor” in the young Pakistani. EG was so impressed that they took the risk of including the 15-year-old, who had yet to play in a professional competition, on their roster for the world’s second biggest Dota2 tournament, the Dota2 Asian Championships (DAC) .

The risk paid huge dividends for EG as Sumail on Monday helped the third-seeded team past Chinese team Vici Gaming at the DAC grand final in Shanghai to bag the $1.2 million prize money.

Sumail played an instrumental role in the team’s success as he was the core player (game-changing role).

Quickly gaining popularity among fans and players alike as the most talented newcomer in Dota2, the prodigy has now set his sights on The International 5 – the biggest tournament in e-sports, with an estimated prize pool of over $10 million.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/835686/p...ampionship-win

Member Array

Pakistan tests missile that could carry nuclear warhead 1,700 miles

By Tim Craig & Shaiq Hussain - March 9, 2015

Pakistan on Monday test-fired a ballistic missile that appears capable of carrying a nuclear warhead to *every part of India, another escalation in Islamabad’s effort to keep pace with its neighboring rival’s formidable military advancements.

Pakistani military leaders said the Shaheen-III missile has a range of up to 1,700 miles, which could enable it to reach deep into the Middle East, including Israel.

After the missile was fired into the Arabian Sea on Monday, the head of the military unit that oversees Pakistan’s nuclear program congratulated scientists and engineers for “achieving yet another milestone of historic significance.”

The medium-range Shaheen-III is an updated version of the indigenously produced Shaheen-I and Shaheen-II, which had shorter ranges. “The test launch was aimed at validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system at maximum range,” the military said in a statement.

Pakistani military leaders are trying to maintain a “credible deterrence” as arch-rival India rapidly invests in military hardware.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/9ec398396565254

Several Pakistani military analysts said the Shaheen-III has a range greater than that of any other Pakistani missile. The maximum range of the earlier versions of the Shaheen missile was about 1,500 miles, which meant it could not reach parts of India’s eastern frontier.

Mansoor Ahmed, a strategic studies and nuclear expert at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad, said, however, that Pakistan’s nuclear ambitions are focused solely on India.

Ahmed said Pakistan’s military is not interested in a “tit-for-tat” arms race with India. Instead, he said, Pakistan hopes to improve “existing capabilities,” including new delivery systems for evading an Indian missile defense shield.

Ahmed said he suspects that Pakistani scientists and engineers are working to equip the Shaheen-III with multiple warheads, which would make the missiles harder to defend against. Pakistan is also seeking to advance its cruise missile technology. Ahmed said the *Shaheen-III can be fired from mobile launchers, making the missiles easier to conceal and move around in the event of a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan.

Jeffrey Lewis, a nuclear and nonproliferation scholar at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, said Pakistan has been working to make smaller, lighter nuclear warheads. A smaller warhead makes it far more likely that the Shaheen-III can really deliver a nuclear payload up to 1,700 miles.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...fb3_story.html

For putting nearly 60 senior judges under house arrest in November 2007

galaxy s6 edge handyhülle
    Am reichsten sind die Menschen, die auf das Meiste verzichten. hulle6

Member Array

Pakistani Researchers Discover 30 New Genes That Cause Intellectual Disabilities

9/9/2016

12 professors from Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) in collaboration with scientists from US and Netherlands discovered 30 new genes that are the root of intellectual disabilities in newborns. The increasing number of cousin marriages in Pakistan is responsible for the ubiquity of genetic disorders in infants. This particular discovery can now help people prevent these disorders from happening by getting the families screened before marriages.

The vice chancellor of SZABMU commented on the matter saying,

This is a landmark discovery for Pakistan as mental retardation is comparatively high in the country owing to cousin marriages.

A complete report on the newly discovered genes was published in the eminent Molecular Psychiatry journal of Nature. A press brief was also organized in which along with the scientists from SZABMU and Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), professors from the Radboud University Medical Center were also present remotely. They emphasized on the importance of this groundbreaking discovery and how it can be implemented in Pakistan. The rate of people affected with Intellectual disabilities in Pakistan is hitting a new high every year. The vice chancellor of PIMS shared his concerns regarding the issue of endogamy related to Mental Retardation in Pakistan.

We have come to know that genes have been changing in some families. Although these genes can become active in any child, the risk is eight to 10 times higher in the case of marriages between first cousins.

A microbiologist from PIMS, DR. Riazuddin shed light on the significance of neonatal screening and how they need to reduce the amount of hereditary diseases in Pakistan.

I have enrolled as many as 6,000 families which have had difficulties with the births of deaf and blind children. Some of the families are in interior Sindh but they have contacted us before marriage to find out if the couples’ children will be deaf or blind.

He said during the press brief that the samples collected for the research of this project helped them realize that people weren’t aware of the options available for them in order to obviate intellectual disorders in their unborn babies.

After marriage, couples should consult doctors before planning to have children. The Sindh assembly passed that sort of law last year, but there is need for legislation at the centre because that is the only way the law will be implemented……They (couples) seek advice because they are aware. If we make people aware that it is in their benefit to get themselves and their children screened, they will start screening their children.

Endogamy is one of the major reasons behind growing genetic disorders in infants.
    This pioneering piece of work in the field of Genetics and Molecular Science will help families prevent these diseases beforehand and get pre natal and postal natal screening. Professor Hans van Bokhovenannd from Radboud university Medical Center was really hopeful for an improvisation in the diagnostic procedures after the release of this report. This could also improve the research culture in Pakistan so that scientists could make more crucial breakthroughs in future.

http://yumtoyikes.com/2016/09/09/30-...al-university/

comments:

This screening needs to be done before marriage, not after marriage when it’s too late.

What else can prevent such disorders? NOT marrying cousins, not eating/cooking in aluminum or other toxic metal pots/pans, and not eating GMO/Pesticide food.

Member Array

‘Pakistanis are overwhelming and loving’

KARACHI:Out of the 192 countries, Cassandra De Pecol has visited so far, Pakistan holds a special place in her heart.

“Pakistan has been the country I like the most and the one I feared the most to visit,” the American tourist, who aims to set a world record by visiting 196 countries in 17 months, said on Wednesday in her first interaction with media in Pakistan.

Cassandra, also known as Cassie, said she found Pakistan contrary to what the media portrays it to be.

“Everyone in the US has negative ideas about Pakistan and fears to visit the country but things are very different. People are overwhelming and loving, I had a great experience here,” she said.

On her ten-day visit to the country, Cassie will now be travelling to Lahore and Islamabad.

Cassie started her journey on July 24, 2015, from Palau Oceania with the aim to visit 196 countries within 17 months and has so far visited 192 countries. Other than aim to become the first female documented traveller, Cassie also wants to create awareness where she goes.

The American tourist gives lectures in universities and holds meeting with students to promote travelling and tourism. “I am also planting national tree in every country I visit and taking water samples from rivers, sea and lakes to test micro plastics in them,” she said.

On her visit to different countries, she is also filming a documentary on education and promotion of tourism for future generations. “The documentary will focus on UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for the promotion of education.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1263729/...elming-loving/

Member Array

“We can destroy Israel in less than 12 minutes” says Pakistani commander

A senior Pakistani military commander has claimed that Pakistan is capable of destroying Israel in under 12 minutes, the latest of a long series of threats against what it deems as the “Zionist regime.”

Zubair Mahmood Hayat, a senior advisor or Pakistan Army said:

“If Israel tries to invade our land,we will raze the Zionist regime in less than 12 minutes.”

In 1947, Israel’s founder, David Ben Gurion sent a telegram to Muhammad Ali Jinnah in an attempt to establish diplomatic relations with Pakistan. The telegram was initially ignored and to date, Pakistan still refuses to recognise Israel as a state.

Ben Gurion was allegedly quoted in The Jewish Chronicle in 1967 on his view of Pakistan:

“The world Zionist movement should not be neglectful of the dangers of Pakistan to it. And Pakistan now should be its first target, for this ideological state is a threat to our existence. And Pakistan, the whole of it, hates the Jews and loves the Arabs.

This lover of the Arabs is more dangerous to us than the Arabs themselves. For that matter, it is most essential for the world Zionism that it should now take immediate steps against Pakistan.

Whereas the inhabitants of the Indian peninsula are Hindus whose hearts have been full of hatred towards Muslims, therefore, India is the most important base for us to work from against Pakistan. It is essential that we exploit this base and strike and crush Pakistanis, enemies of Jews and Zionism, by all disguised and secret plans.”

This famous quote has never been verified and many Israeli academics dispute its authenticity. However, it is a well-known fact that Israel is not favoured by Pakistan. If you don’t believe, just take a look at the recent blog published on The Express Tribune about Israel.

Over the years, I have heard many arguments regarding the Palestine-Israel conflict. From holding Hamas and Fatah accountable for internal bickering between the West Bank and Gaza Strip, to blaming all Arabs for being arrogant towards south-east Asians as a whole – therefore the Palestinians deserve the unrest and the injustice. And above all the arguments is the one that takes the lead; Jews have the biblical right to a land that was promised to them by God.

To explain these reasons to a Palestinian living off UN handouts in a refugee camp in Lebanon or Jordan would be an insult and borderline insensitive. Imagine having your culture and livelihood taken from you and being expelled from your land. Or, to be degraded daily by the Israel Defence Force in checkpoints strewn across the occupied West Bank and have your child shot by Israeli extremist settlers in Nablus.

Human rights violations are rife despite Israel portraying itself as the beacon of freedom in the eyes of the international community. Israel would have you believe that Palestinians are all terrorists and it’s only defending its citizens from suicide bombers and Islamic extremists.

The reality however is very different.

There is a wide misconception that the clash over the holy land is solely between Muslims and Jews. There are over 300,000 Palestinian Christians in the disputed territories, along with many more living abroad. They too are discriminated against equally as their Muslim counterparts. Israel uses sophisticated lobbying from institutions such as the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) to portray Palestine as the aggressor.

Then comes the question, ‘Would it be in Pakistan’s interest to recognise Israel, like countries who already have such as Egypt and Jordan?’

If not for economic stability, then maybe to increase its list of allies?

I would have to say no.

Not because of the Muslims versus Jews debate, or the ties many people have to the third most holiest site in Islam, Al-Aqsa Mosque, but based more on a human level.

If it was the other way around and Palestinians were occupying a land by killing innocent civilians and begrudging them their basic human rights in the 21st century, I would reiterate my decision regardless of religion or race.

We cannot let our names represent an apartheid regime and ethnic cleansing of Palestinian people. We should push for peace in one of the most complex conflicts of our time, and simultaneously hold Israel accountable for its actions – something which the UN repeatedly fails to do.

I must also emphasise that I’m not anti-semetic and I don’t agree that Jews are our enemies either. Zionism and Judaism are two very different concepts. To simplify things, all monotheistic beliefs are from the same maker which renders the fight over religion pointless; hate will only brew more hate.

This is a fight for human rights who everyone has the right to defend.

Pakistan itself has a tainted slate when it comes to human rights. But it wouldn’t get any closer to making amends by forming an alliance with Israel either. And as for improving Pakistan’s image externally, well maybe we should focus on procuring a change from within first and then worry about what image others have of us.

Source: AWD NEWS

Member Array

Ancient India

People think I talk about Sindh province when I use the term 'Sindu-Aryan' for the roots of Pakistanis.

Sindu is not SINDH province, Sindu was a geographical name of river that flows from Himalayas through out till the Arabian sea which covers the entire geography of Pakistan.

People living in those lands were known as 'Sindu', they spoke Punjabi, Sindhi, Kachi, Gujrati, Koshur...(Kashmiri) Siraiki, Pahari, Haryanavi (Jats).

They belonged to 1 race with different ethnicities (know the difference between race and ethnicity), they spoke different languages but they shared common bloodline.

Then came the Aryan or Iranic element with the invasion or settlements of the people from central west Asia to modern day Pakistan (ancient Sindu).

Baloch, Pashtun, Shina people (people from Gilgid) belong to the Iranic/Aryanic group and they blended well among the people of Sindu/Indu to create a common identity which is known as Indo-Aryan or Sindu-Iranic.

Of course, Indo-Iranic roots were spread to the modern day parts of India for instance Biharis Upites Maratis Rajhestanis etc etc but that is because of further migration of certain segment of Sindu population to these territories but the fact remains that they belonged to the modern day Pakistan, the geography was Pakistan as modern day India had roots in Gangetic civilization and Dravidians not Sindu/Indo-Aryan/Iranic.

Member Array

Myanmar in 'advanced negotiations' with Pakistan to licence-build JF-17 fighter

by Naveed Siddiqui - Feb 08, 2017

The governments of Pakistan and Myanmar are now in "advanced negotiations" to licence-build the JF-17, a single-engine multi-role fighter jet, IHS Jane's Defence Weekly, an independent defence news agency, reported.

Citing defence industry sources in Yangon and sources close to the Myanmar Air Force (MAF), the defence news outlet said that if an agreement is reached, Myanmar would be able to significantly expand its local defence industry.

The JF-17 Thunder aircraft, jointly developed by China and Pakistan, can carry 8,000lbs of ordinance on seven external hardpoints, which is an adequate amount of ordinance for any mission profile. The JF-17 is powered by a Russian RD-93 afterburning turbofan, which has a top speed for Mach 1.6. It also enhances the much needed capability of the air force in beyond visual range (BVR) engagements.

As the MAF prepares to phase out its obsolete fleet of F-7M Airguard and A-5C Fantan combat aircraft that it purchased from China in the 1990s, licensed production of the JF-17 Thunder would possibly revamp MAF's defence power over the coming decades, a Jane's analyst says.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has at least 70 of the fighter jets currently in service, with the first ones having entered service in 2009. Expectations are that the PAF will induct up to 150 JF-17 Thunder fighters in the coming years.

The first of 16 imported JF-17s ordered by Myanmar are expected to go into service with the MAF later this year.

DawnNews reached out to the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Pakistan Air Force. However, all three declined to comment.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1313519

Member Array

Over 600 Pakistani (Qadiyanis) in Israeli Army

20th June 2016

“More Qadiyanis serve in the Israeli Armed Forces than Pakistan according to a book, ‘Israel: A Profile’, by a respected Jewish Professor I.T Naomi. He stated: ‘… and the Ahmadi sect of some 600 people from Pakistan can also serve in the (Israeli) army…’ To many analysts Qadiaynis are a political issue and have always been a security problem? In India Qadiyanis have collected and donated thousands to the Indian Army fund after Kargil”.

On 15th February 1987, Pakistani Foreign Minister, Sahibzada Yakub Khan declared in the National Assembly that there were 328 Qadiyani officers of different ranks in the Pakistan Armed Forces. According to his report 1, Lt. General, 5 Brigadiers in the army and 1 similar rank in the Air Force = 6, Colonial 10 Army, 2 Navy, 3 Air Force= 15, Lt. Colonials 56 Army, 6 Navy, 11 Air Force = 73, Major 135 Army, 5 Navy, 16 Air Force = 156, Captain 58 Army, 5 Navy, 14 Air Force = 77, Total 328.

Now the question is after 20 years where are these officers? How far up have they gone? What is their current status in the armed forces and intelligence agencies? “Qadiyanis were created for political reasons and also to confuse the Muslims especially on the matter of ‘Jihad”, said a senior analyst.

‘Give peace to the Ahmadis if you want peace in Karachi’, in 1995 a very senior Qadiyani leader said to me while sitting in one of his fully licensed restaurant at Wilmslow Road, Manchester. It was the time when Benazir Bhutto’s government was doing ‘operation clean up’ in Karachi under interior minister Naseerullah Babar.

I had an invitation to attend a conference on Human Rights at the United Nations in this context a close friend took me to see Mr. Altaf Hussain at his London offices in August 1995. They showed us some videos about the bad treatment to their workers in Karachi. In the context of ‘Jinnahpur conspiracy’ allegations, I suggested Mr Altaf Husain, ‘don’t say anything which you cannot take back like Mujeeb-ur- Rehman’s six points’. As liver damage caused by drinking alcohol and smoking of hashish are irreversible.

Tariq Aziz reportedly Qadiyani relative of Rehman Malik and former president Musharaf’s National Security Advisor
    has been hired for the ‘track two diplomacy with India’. His rank and salary would be equivalent to a federal minister. No wonder MQM and PPP are reportedly planning to move a motion in the parliament to undo the declaration of Qadiaynis as non Muslims by ZA Bhutto led Parliament on 7th September 1974.

On 8th September 2008, Mr Altaf Hussain said, ‘a widespread conspiracy against the MQM of sending fax letters and emails to individuals and to Imam Bargahs and Mosques domestically and internationally inciting hatred and provocations against Shiite and Ahmadi sects to malign the image of the MQM and falsely portray it to be against Shiite and Ahmadi sects”.

Altaf Hussain prayed for the forgiveness of Mirza Tahir Ahmad Qadiyani leader, who died in London few of years ago. One wonders why Altaf did not attend his funeral? As a matter of courtesy one expects to say condolences provided the other side accept? Sir Zafrullah did not attend the funeral of Muhammad Ali Jinnah (father of the nation) conducted by a Sunni Muslim.

Impact magazine wrote: ‘The National Assembly (in 1974) would go to remove a long standing but an unnecessary anomaly. The decision would serve only to formalise the defacto even de jure position. The problem had arisen not because the Muslims in some fit of orthodoxy or fanaticism wanted to ‘excommunicate’ any group of people. Its origin, on the other hand, lay in the assumption by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadiyan of Messiahship, and prophethood and as a consequence, branding those who did not believe in him to be outside the pale of his Islam.

The Qadiyani view of their relationship with Muslims was well summarised by their second caliph, Mirza Mahmud Ahmad:

“Our worship has been separated from the non –Ahmadis, we are prohibited from giving our daughters (in marriage) to them and we have been stopped from offering prayers for their dead. What then left that we can do together? There are two kinds of ties: one religious the other mundane. The greatest expression of the religious bond is in common worship and in matters mundane, these are the ties of family and marriage. But then both are forbidden (haram) to us. If you say that we are permitted to take their daughter (in marriage), then I would reply that we are allowed to marry the daughters of Christians as well. If you say why do we Salam (salute) to non- Ahmadis, then the reply to this is that … the Prophet (Muhammad) has said Salam to the Jews…

Thus the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad) has separated us, in all possible ways, from the others; and there is no kind of relationship which is particular to Muslims and we are not forbidden from (entering into) that”, (Kalimatul Fazsl’, by Mirza Mahmud Ahmad in Review of Religions).

In 1935 that Sir Mohammad Iqbal, a poet philosopher asked the British Government to declare the Qadiyanis as separate community just as they done with the Sikhs. Sir Iqbal said, ‘the Qadiyanis while pursuing a policy of separation in religion and social matters ‘, however, anxious to remain politically with the fold. The Qadiyanis will never take initiative for separation’, argued Sir Iqbal because their small number (56,000) according to 1931 census would not entitle them ‘even to a single seat in any legislature. The Qadiyanis asked the British Government that, ‘our rights too should be recognised like those of Parsees and Christians reported (Al Fadhi 13th November 1946).

“It was common knowledge that Jalaluddin Qamar, the Ahmedyah Missionary of Rabwah had been serving in Israel since 1956 when Ch. Muhammad Sharif was called back to Pakistan from Israel. All Qadiyani missionaries who had been formerly posted in Israel since 1928 namely J.D Shams, Allah Dita Jalundhari, Rashid Ahmed Chaughtai, Noor Ahmad and Ch. Sharif lived in Rabwah after serving in Israel. Their families had mysterious contact channels when they were in Israel”, wrote Bashir Ahmad in ‘Ahmadiyah Movement: British Jewish Connection.

As far as Jewish help and support is concerned, Mirza Mubarak Ahmad, grandson of the Qadiyani prophet has himself acknowledged in his book ‘OUR FOREIGN MISSIONS’, PP. 79-80 in the following words: “The Ahmadiyya mission in Israel is situated in Haifa at Mount Karmal. We have a mosque there, a mission house, a library, a book depot and a school”.

According to latest reports ‘Altaf Hussain is receiving instructions from foreign players including Indians and $ millions from the business community in Karachi’. He had many meetings with US diplomat Robin Raphael reportedly. Therefore when Altaf Hussain says, ‘LOC should be made permanent border’.

He seemingly follows Indo-US line on Kashmir according to Milligazette.com, ‘US Intentions in Kashmir’ by M. Ahmad Kazmi:

“The US policy-makers in the post-cold war era seem to be increasingly aggressive to implement the Dixon Plan in Kashmir for attaining ultimate target of having a foothold in the region and to use Kashmir as their main operations station. Before going into the US activities in the region it would be useful to understand the broad framework of the Dixon Plan. Named after its author Sir Owen Dixon, who was the UN representative for India and Pakistan in 1950, the plan envisages a division of Kashmir between India and Pakistan.

Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru favoured this plan, but it was a non-starter because Liyaqat Ali Khan, the then prime minister of Pakistan, rejected it. The US policy makers have resurrected this plan in recent years with some refinement. In the first phase, the idea of recognizing the Line of Control (LOC) as an international border is being mooted through different quarters”.

A senior analyst said, ‘Altaf Hussain’s latest filtration with the Qadiyanis is not a coincident? So what is he up to? Start civil war in Karachi? Cripple the economy? If Altaf Hussain goes down that route then Government of Pakistan should ask for his extradition, closure of so called ‘international secretariat’, international investigation into MQM funds starting from London, Dubai, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Canada and United States. Otherwise it will not be possible to provide a safe route to NATO and allied forces 80% supplies and 40% fuel delivered in Afghanistan via Karachi port? United States and allies need to inform the world what are their real objectives in Afghanistan?’

http://thelondonpost.net/over-600-pa...-israeli-army/

comments:

These Qadiyanis pretend to be Muslims but are in fact disbelievers for going against the core beliefs of Islam, and they are the enemies of Islam and Muslims. They're actions have prove it time after time.

Member Array

Hasina Sheikh's Politics: Where the fantastic Fig of Three Million came from?

By Dr. Junaid Ahmad - March 1, 2017

The fantastic figure of three million Bengalis massacred by west Pakistani army has been debunked by series of journalists and historians but with Hasina Sheikh now hinting at declaring March 25 as the “Genocide Day” this figure is back in news – at least in Bangladesh and to a lesser degree in India.

Let us think for a few moments about the implications of believing in a massacre of 3 million Bengali Muslims at the hands of the Pakistani armed forces in 1971.

Was such a massacre possible, could it have remained hidden? or is it even unconscionable – to believe that the Pakistan armed forces – numbered around 26,000 in March 1971 – were capable of perpetrating, on their own country folk, a genocide so heinous that it would put Emperor Leopold II at shame and draw cheers from the Nazis. It defies common sense and rationality and there is ample proof that it did not happen.

The notorious Dr. Joseph Goebbels has been credited with saying something along the lines of; “if you tell the same lie enough times, people will believe it; and the bigger the lie, the better.”

This quote truly encapsulates the designs of the Bangladeshi establishment -once again under Hasina Sheikh, and under Indian tutelage – in their efforts to endlessly benefit from the tragedies of 1971 at the expense of Pakistan. Goals are also to control Bangladeshi politics and to sow seeds of hatred between future generations of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

Hasina’s political move of ” March 25 as Genocide Day”

I am writing this piece because recently, the debate over the massacre of three million Bengalis by the Pakistan Army during the 1971 insurgency, 45 years ago, has suddenly resurfaced. I have been following the proceedings in the Bangladeshi parliament and on 16 February, after an emotive session on the my recently published book, “Creation of Bangladesh: Myths Exploded”, PM Hasina Wajid once again thundered to her emasculated kitchen cabinet that indeed Pakistan perpetrated a genocide of biblical proportions on the Bengali people in 1971.

Many of those present, like controlled in a science fiction horror movie, nodded and cheered in agreement. They were visibly angry against this author for presenting facts that challenged a range of myths that have been made defaults by the Bangladeshi establishment over the past several decades. Now a “War of Liberation Denial Act”, on the pattern of European Holocaust Denial Act is also being talked of.

The Bangladeshi PM did not stop at political talk; she formally registered her protest against Pakistan and this author. She has hinted, in unambiguous terms, that she now plans to declare March 25 as “Genocide Day” – to remind her electorate that indeed a great wrong was done to the Bangladeshi people at the hands of the Pakistan armed forces on that fateful day in 1971. Hasina’s politics justifies all kind of lies; but absolutely nothing could be further from the truth.

Time to debunk the “three million dead” lie for ever

Pakistan is at an important juncture in regional history; taking steps towards self-sufficiency, sustainable and inclusive human and economic development through regional integration with China, Iran and Central Asian economies. Its trying to erect a regional infrastructure that, in due time, will be of use to people of India and Bangladesh, we therefore, in the interest of future generations of this region, cannot afford to let Machiavellian characters like Hasina and her mentor “Narendra Modi” mislead the world through the gibberish of these “political myths”

The timing therefore now is vitally important to dispel once and for all the myth of three million Bengalis killed. It has cast a wound unbelievably deep, and has so baldy hamstrung our politics that to move forward and away from it since has been, almost impossible. Its a gigantic failure on part of Pakistani academia, media and governments that they have not shouldered the responsibility to effectively explain what really happened. No civilized people having been blamed and shamed for a massacre of three million innocent could simply forget and move on.

How this myth originated?

This myth has been repeated ad nauseam over the years by various Bangladeshi and Indian political personalities to undermine, humiliate and constrain Pakistan. Let’s be very clear: where it's coming from. The historical roots of this myth of three million is based on an editorial piece published on 23rd December, 1971 titled “Enemy Occupations” by “Pravda” – the then mouthpiece of the now defunct USSR. India was Soviet Union’s closest cold war ally; this alliance was further reinforced before initiating a war of aggression against Pakistan. Pravda’s piece, clearly a disinformation act, written without any evidence whatsoever, against Pakistan, then a staunch US ally in Nixon/Kissinger era, claimed that three million Bengalis had been killed in the war of 1971.

This “figure”, which was not based on any body counts, expert testimonies or photo/video evidences, got further traction or legitimacy after it was endorsed by Mujib ur-Rahman in his interview with BBC’s David Frost on 18th January, 1972 – when he arrived in London, immediately after his release from Islamabad. Eye witnesses reported that Mujib ur-Rahman, during this interview, was heavily intoxicated. Whether this impaired his judgment, I will leave that conclusion to the reader.

Here is the first testimony from Serajur Reman, the former deputy head of the BBC Bangla Programme in the UK contesting Mujib ur-Rahman’s claim.

In a letter to The Guardian on 24th May, 2011 he wrote,
    On 8th January 1972, I was the first Bangladeshi to meet independent leader Shiekh Mujib-ur-Reman after his release from Pakistan …. I [Serajur Rehman] explained that no accurate figure of the causalities was available but our estimate, based on information from various sources, was that up to “Three lakh” (300,000) died in the conflict. To my surprise and horror, he told David Frost later that “three million of my people “were killed by the Pakistanis. Whether he mistranslated “lakh” as “million” or his confused state of mind was responsible, I don’t know, but many Bangladeshis still believe a figure of three million is unrealistic and incredible”.

Sayyid Karim, Bangladesh’s first foreign secretary, as reported by David Bergman, a Bangladesh based British Journalist in 2011, wrote,
    “As for the number of Bengalis killed in the course of the liberation war, the figure of 3 million mentioned by Mujib to David Frost in January 1972, was a gross overstatement. This figure was picked up by him from an article in ‘Pravda’ the organ of the communist party of the Soviet Union”.

In order to cherry pick proof for the plucked-out-of-thin-air three million figure, Mujeeb ur-Rahman constituted a Commission on 29th January, 1972 to locate mass graves or other verifiable evidence.

Chowdhary Abdul Mumin in his book Behind the Myth of Three Million, published in 1973, reported that this Commission comprised of representatives from the Bangladesh Army, Border Security Force, Rangers, Police and Civil Administration. Despite their best efforts, this Commission completely failed to locate any mass graves or other evidence of any kind to substantiate the claims made by the great leader to a world media then overeager to believe anything against Nixon’s ally – Pakistan. Western media’s mind set in early 1970’s was reactive; its consciousness shaped by anti-Washington feelings engineered by Vietnam conflict.

But the Commission set up by Sheikh Mujib, after several months of work could only conjure up a figure of maximum 56,743 deaths as a result of the 1971 insurgency. This obviously was far less than the three million being publicly touted by Bangladeshi and Indian politicians – websites of both countries are still full of such propagandist figures.

Sheikh Mujeeb ur-Rahman was outraged at the Commission’s findings and disbanded them, stating: “I have declared three million dead, and your report could not come up with three scores thousands! What report you have prepared? Keep your report to yourself. What I have said once shall prevail”.

With this information, we can start to see a bigger picture: Sheikh Mujib was a man desperately wanting to sustain his power and legitimacy by creating collective delusions – or myths. Myths subsequently used by his daughter of the same purpose.

Western independent sources gradually started to rubbish the figure of “three million”

The Peace Research Institute in Norway along with Uppsala University of Sweden in their findings in 1972, estimated that about 58,000 people died in 1971. In addition to this, in June 1972, William Durmmond in the LA Times reported that “……. the figure of 3 million deaths is an exaggeration so gross as to be absurd …… no more than 25,000 people died.”

On March 1st, 1973, Swedish journalist Ingvar Oja reported in Dagens Nyheter, the largest daily of Stockholm: “The allegation regarding the killing of 3 million people is highly exaggerated, not more than 50,000 people died in East Pakistan”.

Sharmila Bose the famous Bengali Indian writer and Research Associate at Oxford University, in her book, “Dead Reckoning” in 2011, writes “…. the number 3 million appears to be not more than a gigantic rumor”. She estimated that around 50,000 – 100,000 people including Bengalis, Beharis and West Pakistanis may have perished in the conflict in East Pakistan.

Even senior Indian military officials have not accepted the three million dead figure. Mohammad Tajamul Hussain, noted Bangladeshi journalist/writer in his book “Bangladesh, Victims of Black Propaganda Intrigue and Indian Hegemony” quotes the Indian Army Chief, General Manekshaw during 1971 that “the figure of 3 million killed in 1971 and 200,000 women alleged to have been violated seem fictitious, baseless and far removed from the truth”.

And the 200,000 Rapes?

In addition to the above myth of 3 million killed, Pakistan Army is also accused of raping more than 200,000 Bengali women.
    This too is a fantastically false figure which was widely circulated by the same coterie of Indian and Bangladeshi politicians and media and was later found to be of no substance. The gross inaccuracy of this allegation was first borne out when an abortion team from Britain in early 1972 found that its total workload involved the termination of only a hundred or slightly more pregnancies. Even there the nature of those pregnancies was not clear.

The figure was also denounced by Australian Research Analyst Bin D Costa. He argued, “the figure of 200,000 women raped by the Pakistani Army in 1971 is considered to be too high”. Likewise, US Congressman Charles Wilson, who was eulogized in the Hollywood movie Charlie Wilson’s War, on December 9, 1987 stated, “to say that Pakistan army massacred its own 3 million Bengali people and dishonored 200,000 Bengali women, to me is an allegation so gross that it goes beyond human imagination.”

The repeated claims of 3 million killed and the rape of 200,000 Bengali women were stopped after a tripartite agreement between Pakistan, India and Bangladesh in April 1974.

During the regimes of Gen Zia-ur-Rehman, Gen Husain, Mohammad Ershad and later Khaleda Zia, the Bangladesh governments were pragmatic, tried overcoming the legacy of Sheikh Mujib and his delusions, and made friendly overtures to Pakistan.

Arithmetic never added up: Numbers never made sense

Despite a documented history of past four decades, the present government of Sheikh Hasina, Mujib-ur-Rehman’s daughter, and Awami League leader continues to use the fantastic lies of three million killed and 200,000 rapes to play with the base emotions of its electorate to cultivate support, to marginalize her political opponents and also to court favors from India – that sees all this as a part of its own “isolate Pakistan strategy”

Even basic arithmetic, which seems to be beyond the grasp of all those who continue to propagate these myths – shows the unabashed absurdity of the myths of three million killed and 200,000 women raped.

To illustrate, perhaps at the expense of disgusting my readers, the Army action in East Pakistan started on 26 March and lasted till 16th December, 1971 – a total of 262 days. Pakistan army’s total strength in March 1971, before reinforcements was around 26,000-27,000 and it never received reinforcements of more than 20-25000. However the figure of “three million” implies that about 11,450 Bengalis would need to have been picked-up, killed and buried every day. This would have been practically impossible even if the whole Pakistani army was not doing anything except killing and burying.

When compared to the 2nd World War for instance, the tragedy of six million Jews killed by Nazi Germany in 6 years comes to only 2,740 killed every day. However the voluminous research done in holocaust tragedy tells us that Nazis, a huge military machine inside Germany, had a whole system erected in the form of concentration camps, killing techniques and disposal. These comparisons are telling. Historians have to analyze the dynamics of tragedies too.

The fall of East Pakistan was a deeply painful episode for an entire generation of East and West Pakistanis. To channel that pain in the manner that the Awami League in Bangladesh continues to do for courting favors from its powerful neighbor and to keep their electorate emotionally charged, borders on criminality. They really ought to have the sense to see that no other reasonable individual, institution or government (besides India of course) takes their myths seriously. Not even Wikipedia.

I feel a degree of confidence that no intelligent Bangladeshis do either. What the Awami League needs to do, is to base their politics on real and meaningful issues that their populace faces – stark poverty, a justice deficit and an institutional corruption of the most nefarious type. Be reasonable PM Hasina Wajid, stop lying to yourself and your people and move on.

All originals and references cited are available to inspect in my book “Creation of Bangladesh: Myths Exploded”. I hope readers will tune in to read Part-2 of my 6 part series on myths surrounding 1971. Part 2 will contain a frontal lobotomy on another myth: Pakistan army surrendering 93,000 personnel in Bangladesh – the largest ever mass surrender in perhaps all human history.

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/2...kistanis-dead/

Member Array

Actress Ushna Shah Breaks Silence Upon Hypocrisy of Showbiz personalities During Ramadan On TV Shows

5/30/2017

Actor Ushna Shah has written an open letter on Facebook, in which she exposes Hypocrisy of her fellow members of Pakistani showbiz sphere for cashing in on Ramadan shows on Pakistani television while failing to carry the values preached by Islam through the year.

Without mentioning any names, she writes,

"For some, this is a holy month of prayer, discipline and ablution. For others, it's the month of selling Islam and being a shameless hypocrite."

She added,

"Many people will pretend to be someone they are not for a mere 30 days to cash in on this holy month, I may not keep all my fasts or say all my prayers, but I sure as hell won't disrespect Islam and the millions of people fasting and truly abiding by the faith by pretending to do so just to gain the respect and the money I do not deserve."

According to her, she has seen double standards in "the same directors who have hit on me and not given me work because some other actress gave in" and others who tried to taint her career.

On women in particular she says,

"I have zero respect for the veil [donning] Virgin Marys who make millions off [Ramazan] transmission by preaching the word of God on Iftar shows and become tutti fruitties a month later."

Concluding her letter, she adds a disclaimer to clarify that,

"I am not targeting people who truly believe in the spirit of Islam, I'm targeting the hypocrites [who] fake it every year for either pseudo respect or money."

Additionally, in another postscript in the comments section, she justified that her words were not directed towards Momina Mustehsan who recited Qaseeda Burda Shareef for A-Plus Ramadan transmission this year.

"Momina Mustehsan someone asked if this status [referred] to [you], I JUST saw [your] song. [Your] highlighter is on point and you're a sweetheart all year round, so no," she wrote.

Watch here once Ushna Shah came in Aamir Liaqut Show and he trys to flirt with her.
    Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49...naam-ghar_news

http://www.eshowbizbuzz.com/2017/05/...ence-upon.html

comments:

Another video of the same guy lying
    https://www.facebook.com/thelollywoo...24106324537206

An article on when last time this guy was caught using profanity
    http://propakistani.pk/2011/08/15/aa...f-from-youtube

Member Array

Indian Intelligence Abduct Pakistani Retired Military Officer

Retired army officer goes missing in Nepal

April 8, 2017

An ex-army man who went to Nepal for a job interview earlier this week has gone missing, Foreign Office Spokesperson Nafees Zakaria confirmed on Saturday.

"Foreign Office is in contact with Pakistan Embassy in Khatmandu and also have established contacts with Nepalese authorities." Radio Pakistan quoted Zakaria as saying.

Lt Col (retd) Muhammad Habib Zahir retired from service in October 2014 and had been working at Rafhan Mills in Faisalabad. Zahir had posted his resume on job portal LinkedIn and on the UN website. A month ago, a man named Mark Thomson contacted the ex-army officer through email and from a UK phone number claiming Zahir had been shortlisted for the job of vice president/zonal director with a salary package of USD3,500-8,500 per month and asked him to come to Kathmandu, Nepal for an interview on April 6.

Zahir was sent a business class ticket for April 5 to Kathmandu via Oman. According to the initial investigation, a man named Javed Ansari received him at Oman and provided him a Nepali cell phone number.

Sources said the former officer then arrived in Kathmandu on April 6 and on the same day he left for Lumbini, a town five kilometres away from the Indian border, via a Buddha Air flight. He texted his wife at 1pm informing her he had safely landed in Lumbini.

However, has not been heard from since then. Both his Pakistani and Nepali numbers are switched off. Zahir's family has lodged an FIR.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1378324...missing-nepal/

Three Indians identified in Col Zahir's abduction

By Khalid Mehmood - April 18, 2017

At least three more characters involved in the kidnapping of Pakistan Army's Colonel (retd) Habib Zahir in Nepal have been unearthed and a whole network of Indian agencies seems to be implicated in the kidnapping.

All three persons involved are Indians and they include one who booked his air ticket, another who booked his hotel room and the third one who received him at Lumbini airport.

Safal Choudhry, an Indian citizen, purchased ticked for Col (retd) Zahir from Precious Travel and Tours in Kathmandu. His mobile number is 9804815702. A lady named Sabu Raju booked hotel room for Col Zahir in Hyatt Regency. She works as a marketing manager in a company in Kathmandu. Another Indian citizen, Doli Ranchel, received Zahir at Lumbini airport. Ranchel arrived in Kathmandu on 4 April which proves that he was not staying in Nepal and had gone there just for this particular purpose.

According to new disclosures, Col (retd) Zahir was in correspondence through a website since January and he was trapped into a conspiracy with an email written in the name of Mark Thomson. The hotel booking was made for him for April 6-9. The date of his interview was changed several times. He was kidnapped by Indian intelligence agencies as soon as he landed at Kathmandu airport.

Pakistan is in constant touch with the Nepal government and the two countries are cooperating with each other.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1386672...irs-abduction/