Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
    Member Array

Default Essentials Of Tauheed.

As you are aware, Tauheed or belief/affirming the Oneness of God, is one of the 5 pillars upon which Islam is built..the other 4 being five daily prayers, Zakkat, fasting in Ramadan and the Hajj. To make our Tauheed sound, we must observe and/or MIND the following essentials:--
    1. To keep the heart free from hatred.
    2. To always speak the truth.
    3. To keep all obligations according to the Quran and sunnah.
    4. To avoid forbidden food.
    5. To shun innovations, and
    6. To be satisfied with Allah Most High in scarcity and plenty, and turn to Him in happiness and affliction.
    ALLAHU AKBAR!! May Allah Ta'ala keep us in perpetual Imaan...ameen.

Member Array

Without Tawheed(the soveriegn power of Allah) we can't get peace.We have to
    know the meaning of Tawheed.Nice post and meaningfull.Thanks

The word Tawheed has by the grace of Allah, become a word which is well known amongst the Muslims of today. But do we really know the reality of this word?
    'What is tawheed?' you ask any Muslim 'Is it the oneness of Allaah?' he would reply 'What's that?' You ask again. 'I'm not too sure' he would say. This is the kind of scenario which the Muslims are involved in, and what a sad state of affairs it is when we cannot even explain the basics of our religion to those around us.
    Some of us are so dedicated to completing our studies, that we engross ourselves in the textbooks for hours. Others of us love the western culture and lifestyle so much, that we can mimic and relay the words of non-Muslims to such an extent that we even start to quote chapter and verse from the latest Hollywood blockbuster! Yet upon being asked 'What is Tawheed? ' our tongues fall silent.
    The cure for ignorance is knowledge, and in order to cure ourselves we have to take time-out to learn about this beautiful religion, even if it means reading articles such as this!
    It is true that tawheed is simply the oneness of Allaah, yet at the same time it is something which is so vividly explained in our religion, that it is a life long quest for knowledge. The detailed nature of tawheed is something which unfortunately, is not known by the majority of the Muslims and this is why you find many Muslims saying that Christianity and Judaism, like Islam, are monotheistic [1] religions. Yet if these Muslims were to truly learn about Islam they would discover that religions such as Christianity and Judaism are forms of idol-worship, which are far from being similar to Islam.

The Reality of Tawheed
    Linguistically the word tawheed means unification (to make something one). However Islamically it is in reference to Allaah being singled out alone, in all that is particular to him. The opposite of tawheed is 'Shirk' which is to associate partners with Allaah by giving that which belongs to him, to others. [2]
    Traditionally tawheed has been divided into three categories which help us to understand why Allaah alone deserves to be singled out for worship. The division of tawheed into these three categories was something which was not done by the prophet of Allaah (saws) or any of his companions. So is this something new that has been introduced into the religion (bid'ah [3])? The answer to this is no, because we find that the basis of these three categories are to be found in the verses of the Qur'aan, hadeeth [authenticated reports] of the prophet (saws) and the statements of his companions.
    The necessity for dividing up tawheed into three categories first came about during the early days of Islam. After the death of the Prophet Muhammad, Islam spread like wildfire and before long the empires of Africa, Byzantium, Persia and India all fell under Muslim rule. Many people from these areas became Muslims. However some of these converts to Islam also carried with them some of their old pagan beliefs. This caused much confusion amongst people, and the simple belief of Islam which the people had accepted, started to become clouded. The task of opposing these new thoughts and ideas which were becoming prevalent, fell upon the shoulders of the Muslim scholars, who rose to meet this challenge intellectually. Amongst the first people to divide tawheed into three categories was the famous scholar of Iraq, Abu Haneefah. [4]
    Before mentioning what these three categories are, it has to be stressed that the concept of tawheed is in no way similar to the Christian concept of trinity except the fact that they both begin with the letter 'T'!! The division of tawheed does not divide Allaah up into three separate parts (as does trinity), but rather it helps us to understand as to how our Creator is unique and alone in being singled out for worship and reverence. Unfortunately there are some Christians today[5] who seem to forget this fact and continue to spread lies about the meaning of the tawheed of Allaah.

Junior Member Array

Aqeedah is soul of tawheed, tawheed is essential when you declare himself a momeen. Thanks mohtaram, i share with you very gladly & hope beter presentation in future. thanks.
    No outside links in the signature please
    -mgmt

Senior Member Array

in Allah let believers put their Trust. , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #122) then put thy Trust inAllah. Lo! Allah loveth those who put their Trust (in Him). Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #159) If Allah is your helper none can overcome you, and if He withdraw His help from you, who is there who can help you after Him? in Allah let believers put their Trust. Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #160) Those unto whom men said: Lo! the people have gathered against you, therefor fear them. (The threat of danger) but increased the faith of them and they cried: Allah is Sufficient for us! Most Excellent is He in Whom we Trust! Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #173)and put thy Trust in Allah. Allah is sufficient as Trustee. An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #81) O ye who believe! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how a people were minded to stretch out their hands against you but He withheld their hands from you; and keep your duty to Allah. in Allah let believers put theirTrust. Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #11) So put your Trust (in Allah) if ye areindeed believers. Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #23)They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned, and when His revelations are recited unto them they increase their faith, and who Trust in their Lord; Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #2)Whoso putteth his Trust in Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise. Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #49)And if they incline to peace, incline thou also to it, and Trust in Allah. Lo! He, even He, is the Hearer, the Knower. Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #61)Say: Naught befalleth us save that which Allah hath decreed for us. He is our Protecting Friend. in Allahlet believers put their Trust! At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #51)Now, if they turn away (O Muhammad) say: Allah sufficeth me. There is no Allah save Him. in Him have I put my Trust, and He is Lord of the Tremendous Throne. At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #129)And Moses said: O my people! If ye have believed in Allah then put Trust in Him, if ye have indeed surrendered (unto Him)! Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #84)They said: in Allah we put Trust. Our Lord! Oh, make us not a lure for the wrongdoing folk; , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #85) Lo! I have put my Trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord.Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #56 My welfare is only in Allah. in Him I Trust and unto Him I turn (repentant). Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #88) And Allah's is the invisible of the heavens and the earth, and unto Him the whole matter will be returned. So worship Him and put thy Trust in Him. Lo! thy Lord is not unaware of what ye (mortals) do. Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #123)Allah is better at guarding, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy. Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #64)Lo! the decision rests with Allah only. in Him do I put my Trust, and in Him let all the Trusting put their Trust. Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #67) Say: He is my Lord; there is no Allah save Him. in Him do I put my Trust and unto Him is my recourse. Ar-Rad, Chapter #13, Verse #30)Their messengers said unto them: We are but mortals like you, but Allah giveth grace unto whom He will of His slaves. It is not ours to bring you a warrant unless by the permission of Allah. in Allah let believers put their Trust! Ibrahim, Chapter #14, Verse #11)How should we not put our Trust in Allah when He hath shown us our ways? We surely will endure the hurt ye do us. in Allah let the Trusting put their Trust. Ibrahim, Chapter #14, Verse #12)Such as are steadfast and put their Trust in Allah. An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #42)Therefor (O Muhammad) put thy Trust in Allah, for thou (standest) on the plain Truth. An-Naml, Chapter #27, Verse #79)And put thy Trust in Allah, for Allah is sufficient as Trustee. Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #3)And incline not to the disbelievers and the hypocrites. Disregard their noxious talk, and put thy Trust inAllah. Allah is sufficient as Trustee. Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #48) Say: Bethink you then of those ye worship beside Allah, if Allah willed some hurt for me, could they remove from me His hurt; or if He willed some mercy for me, could they restrain His mercy? Say: Allah is my all. in Him do (all) the Trusting put their Trust. And in whatsoever ye differ, the verdict therein belongeth to Allah. Such is my Lord, in Whom I put myTrust, and unto Whom I turn. Ash-Shura, Chapter #42, Verse #10) Now whatever ye have been given is but a passing comfort for the life of the world, and that which Allahhath is better and more lasting for those who believe and put their Trust in their Lord, Ash-Shura, Chapter #42, Verse #36)Believe in Allah and His messenger, and spend of that whereof He hath made you Trustees; and such of you as believe and spend (aright), theirs will be a great reward. Al-Hadid, Chapter #57, Verse #7)in Allah let believers put their Trust. Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #10) Allah! There is no Allah save Him. in Allah, therefore, let believers put their Trust. At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #13)And whosoever putteth his Trustin Allah, He will suffice him. Lo! Allah bringeth His command to pass. Allah hath set a measure for all things. At-Talaq, Chapter #65, Verse #3)
    <STYLE> .QuranData { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; color: #000000; text-decoration: none} </STYLE>

Junior Member Array

Tawheed is the oneness of Allah, fundamental principal of Islam on which all other principles, rules and pillars are based. Essentials of the tawheed are: avoid forbidden food, keep all obligations according to Quran and Sunnah and to keep the heart free from hearted.

Member Array

Deficiencies in Tawheed: "If Only I Had Done That"

A short lesson discussing a chapter from the chapters in Kitaab at-Tawheed of Shaykhul-Islaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab (rahimahullaah), on the topic of the Deficiencies on Tawheed and How To Perfect It.

The lecturer addresses the issue of doubt: "If only I did this, if only I did that, I should have done this, I should have done that".

Listen or save: http://www.troid.ca/media/audio/AMT_ifonly.mp3 - (39 minutes)

http://www.troid.ca/index.php/aqeeda...-had-done-that

Junior Member Array

It's okay that Tauheed is one of the main pillars of Islam. However, according to me, the 6 points are much less related to the topic of Tauheed. Can you prove that it's related? How?

Member Array

Default Re-Essentials Of Tauheed.

Assalam alaikum,
    My post on the above subject has attracted some comments from some Members of the Forum. I am glad with this. Meanwhile, further to comments from Faheemkamran and Fatimataybia46, I feel that it will be appropriate to send/attach the two (2) files/documents below in order to shed more Light on issues related to Tauheed. These are:--

1) "Divine Transcendence in Islam", by Muhammad W. Charles. It discusses the Essence of Tauheed and Uniqueness
    of Allah, Azzah Wa Jallah.

2) "Ibn Arabi and the Oneness of Being", by Seth Miller. It discusses the Shaykh's ideas/teachings on Non-Existence,
    Existence, Being, Unity and Essence of Tauheed.

Enjoy and share both files with others.
    Regards.
    Attached Files

Senior Member Array

Default Attaining Illumination

Attaining Illumination - Nuh Keller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m68SyPnB8Zw

Senior Member Array

More AQEEDAH IN ISLAM

http://ia801609.us.archive.org/8/ite...dahInIslam.pdf
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array

https://quran.com/39/53

39:53

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Praise be to Allah.

It is proven in the Quran and Sunnah (prophetic teachings) and by the consensus (ijma’) of the salaf (early generations) of this ummah (global Islamic nation) that Allah is above His heavens over His Throne (as befits His Majesty), and that He is the Exalted, Most High. He is above all things, and there is nothing that is above Him. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allah, it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six days. Then He rose over (istawa) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Wali (protector or helper) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or receive admonition)?” [32:4]

“Surely, your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then rose over (istawa) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty), disposing the affair of all things.” [10:3]

“To Him ascend (all) the goodly words, and the righteous deeds exalt it (i.e. the goodly words are not accepted by Allah unless and until they are followed by good deeds).” [35:10]

“He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him).” [57:3]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “You are the Most High and there is nothing above You…”

There are many similar ayat (verses) and ahadeeth (prophetic narrations). But at the same time, Allah tells us that He is with His slaves wherever they are:

“Have you not seen that Allah knows whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth? There is no najwa (secret counsel) of three but He is their fourth (with His Knowledge, while He Himself is over the Throne, over the seventh heaven), — nor of five but He is their sixth (with His Knowledge), — nor of less than that or more but He is with them (with His Knowledge) wheresoever they may be.” [58:7]

Allah has combined mention of His being above His Throne with mention of His being with His slaves in one ayah (verse), where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then rose over (istawa) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, and what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you (by His Knowledge) wheresoever you may be.” [57:4]

Saying that Allah is with us does not mean that He is mixed with (or dwells in) His creation; rather He is with His slaves by His knowledge. He is above His Throne and nothing is hidden from Him of what they do. With regard to the ayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).” [50:16]

Most of the mufassireen (exegesists) said that what is meant is that He is near by means of His angels whose task it is to record people’s deeds. And those who said that it means that He is near explained it as meaning that He is near by His knowledge, as is said concerning how He is with us.

This is the view of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jama’ah (followers of prophetic guidance), who affirm that Allah is above His creation and that He is also with His slaves, and they state that He is far above dwelling in His created beings. With regard to the denial of all Divine attributes as voiced by the Jahamiyyah (a deviant sect) and their followers, they deny that His Essence is above His creatures and that He rose above His Throne, and they say that He is present in His Essence everywhere. We ask Allah to guide the Muslims.
    https://islamqa.info/en/11035
    http://www.kalamullah.com/aqeedah.html
    --------------------------------------------------------

http://www.abukhadeejah.com/what-is-...ure-and-clear/

We believe that the attainment of unity and the avoidance of splitting is a fundamental commanded by Allaah and His Messenger (salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam), due to the saying of the Most High: “And hold fast all of you together to the Rope of Allaah, and be not divided.” and His saying: “And do not be like those who divided and differed after their had come to them the clear proofs.”
    We believe that the true legislated unity can only be achieved when all differing is referred back to the Book and the Sunnah upon the understanding of the Companions. This is due to the saying of the Most High: “And if you differ in any affair between yourselves, then refer it back to Allaah and His Messenger if you truly believe in Allaah and the Last Day..” And the saying of the Messenger (salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam): “Whoever from you lives for long will see much differing and controversy, so upon you is to cling to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to that with your molar teeth.”