Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSA Rants

Administrator Array

Default TSA Rants

This thread is all about the TSA. They have been getting more annoying than ever and I'm dedicating an entire thread to them. Notice which forum I put them under.

Administrator Array

Default Tips to ensure the TSA doesn't swipe your stuff

Tips to ensure the TSA doesn't swipe your stuff

By Christopher Elliott Travel columnist msnbc.com contributor msnbc.com contributor
    updated 4/21/2008 10:03:12 AM ET 2008-04-21T14:03:12

Taking Something Always.

That’s what TSA means to airline passengers like Edward Fleiss, a sales manager from Huntington, N.Y. When screeners inspected his wife’s carry-on bag at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport recently, he claims her designer eyeglasses were swiped.

“Great sleight of hand,” he says. “We didn’t even know they were gone until we got to Los Angeles.”

Letters to the Transportation Security Administration — that’s what TSA actually stands for, in case you were wondering — were met with a form response. “Dear traveler, thank you, but no reimbursement on a $500 pair of glasses,” he recalls.

Thieving TSA? You might be forgiven for thinking so.

Since it was created in 2001, the agency has fired about 200 employees accused of stealing. Although the TSA has taken steps to discourage these government workers from helping themselves to our personal effects — including background checks on new hires, video cameras in screening areas and rules forbidding backpacks or lunchboxes at checkpoints — more and more passengers like Fleiss are coming forward to say they’ve been ripped off by the very people who are supposed to protect them.

It doesn’t help that hardly a week goes by without another story about alleged TSA pilferage making headlines. Here’s one from a Miami TV station, where 1,500 items have been reported stolen at the airport since 2003. Here’s someone who had his engagement ring filched by screeners in Los Angeles. Here’s another one involving a 12-year-old’s heartbreaking loss of $265 in birthday money.

You don’t need a travel columnist to tell you this agency has a problem. The evidence speaks for itself.

But here’s what you might not know. The stealing isn’t as random as the TSA may want you to believe. Fleiss visited an optometrist for a replacement pair of glasses, and learned that since the TSA was created seven years ago, he’d seen a “marked increase” in patients requesting receipts for insurance claims relating to security-related thefts. “He said there is a huge market for stolen designer eyewear frames in the New York area,” he added. “You put it together.”

One aviation insider I spoke with believes stealing is a systemic problem the federal agency is unable to control, particularly at problem airports like New York’s LaGuardia Airport and Philadelphia International Airport. Not all of the screening areas in U.S. airports are under surveillance, and the TSA’s rules have a big loophole that shifts liability for stolen baggage claims to the airline when luggage is delayed, he told me. In other words, there’s little incentive for the stealing to stop. “It’s the 800-pound gorilla no one wants to discuss at TSA,” he says.

I contacted the TSA to get its side of the story. Sari Koshetz, a TSA spokeswoman, sent me an e-mail to say the agency is concerned about theft. “TSA aggressively investigates all allegations of misconduct,” she wrote. “When infractions are discovered, it moves swiftly to end the federal careers of offenders.” She added that travelers with questions should visit the TSA’s Web site for claim information.

I’ve got a better idea. Why not make sure your valuables aren’t taken in the first place?

Here are five tips:

Don’t try to beat the system
    If you think you can avoid a TSA theft by steering clear of LaGuardia or Philadelphia, think again. Reader David Cumpston had a $50 bottle of cologne stolen from his bag in San Francisco. They lifted a box of Montecristo cigars out of P.J. Zornosa’s bag in Florida. “Hope someone enjoyed them,” he grumbles. And Jeanne Rose lost one shoe — a brand-new Merrick clog — in Atlanta. Why just one shoe? Who knows? Point is, you can’t predict where a TSA thief might strike next.

TSA-approved locks are useless, so don’t even bother
    Anyone can access your luggage after you’ve checked it. Anyone. Don’t believe me? Here’s how to break into a bag without the benefit of a TSA master key. Besides, the TSA likes to confiscate the locks after they’re done rummaging through your belongings, according to readers like Paula Craig. “Sometimes, I get the Dear Paula, we have been through your luggage letter — and sometimes not,” she says. “It’s maddening.”

Don’t pack anything valuable in your checked in luggage
    That’s not just a bad idea because a TSA agent or an airline baggage handler might take something; it’s also a terrible idea because if an airline loses it, you probably won’t be reimbursed for it. Joe Zinno, a retiree from Seattle, slipped his digital camera in his luggage, from which he believes a TSA officer removed it on a recent trip. He contacted the agency to make a claim, and after “a very long time” it responded with a form letter. “They said there would be no compensation,” he recalls. Airlines don’t cover electronics in checked luggage, either.

Better yet, leave all of your valuables at home
    Packing your valuables in carry-on luggage is no guarantee the TSA — or the airline — won’t be able to get to it. For example, you might have to gate-check your carry-on if there’s no room in the overhead bin on the plane. Or, like Fleiss, an agent could pull a fast one at the passenger screening area. Cheryl Wahlheim, an information systems manager from Boulder, Colo., had jewelry stolen out of her bag by what she suspects was a TSA employee. Making a claim proved impossible. “They sent me a form letter and basically I had to present them with a document containing pictures of all the stolen jewelry, receipts for all the jewelry and the current cost of the jewelry,” she says. “Since most of the things were gifts given to me over the years, I had no receipts and no pictures.”

If you can’t live without it, carry it on your person
    Items like wedding rings, cash and other valuables should be carried through the checkpoint, wherever possible. Mauranna Sherman of Lynchburg, Va., wishes her husband had kept a close eye on his medication when he passed through the TSA screening area a few years ago. “When we reached our hotel several hours later, it wasn’t in his bag,” she says. “We had to call our house sitter, who used her own money to deliver it to our family in Texas the next day. What a hassle.”

Bottom line: if you want to see your valuables again, don’t let a TSA agent near them.
    There’s one final myth about TSA thefts that needs to be busted, and it involves the claims process. In speaking with airline passengers who claim the TSA took their property, I hear about the same frustrating conclusion almost every time. In the end, they were denied compensation.

Well, the end isn’t really the end. You can appeal your case to my counterpart at the TSA. Its ombudsman can be reached at TSA.Ombudsman@dhs.gov.

Every Monday, my column takes a close look at what makes the travel business tick. Your comments are always welcome, and if you can’t get enough of my column, drop by my blog for daily insights into the world of travel.

Administrator Array

We're the TSA and you can count on us (to overreact to small threats and ignore big ones)

Administrator Array

Apparently, it wasn't enough for the sickos in the TSA to merely look at your nude body scans. Now they want to grope and touch you. New TSA procedures are in place allowing them to grope your genitals and breasts... all in the name of security.

http://stoptsascanners.blogspot.com/

Administrator Array

Member Array

Opt Out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself

JOE SHARKEY - November 2, 2010

HAVING been taught by nuns in grade school and later going through military boot camp, I have always disliked unifoormed authorities shouting at me. So I was unhappy last week when some security screeners at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago started yelling.

“Opt out! We got an opt out!” one bellowed about me in a tone that people in my desert neighborhood in Tucson usually reserve for declaring, “Rattlesnake!”

Other screeners took up the “Opt out!” shout. I was marched from the MEATAl detector lane to one of those nearby whole-body imagers, ordered to take everything out of my pockets, remove my belt and hold my possessions up high. Then I was required to stand still while I received a rough pat-down by a man whose résumé, I suspected, included experience at a state prison.

“Hold your pants up!” he ordered me.

What did I do to deserve this? Well, as I approached the checkpoints, I had two choices. One was a familiar lane with the MEATAl detector, so I put my bag on that. To my right was a separate lane dominated with what the Transportation Security Administration initially called “whole-body imagers” but has now labeled “advanced imaging technology” units. Critics, of course, call them strip-search machines.

I don’t like these things, and not just because of privacy concerns or because of what some critics have asserted are radiation safety issues with some of the machines that use X-ray technology.

No, I don’t like the fact that I have to remove every item from every pocket, including my wallet and things as trivial as a Kleenex. You then strike a pose inside with your hands submissively held above your head, like some desperado cornered by the sheriff in a Western movie, while the see-through-clothes machine makes an image of your body.

The T.S.A.’s position is that anyone can “opt out” of a body scan for reasons of privacy or whatever, but will then be subjected to a thorough physical pat-down and careful search of belongings.

In my case, I had been routinely using a normal MEATAl detector checkpoint, when I was ordered to switch lanes and instead go to one of the new machines. I said I would prefer not to, given that my carry-on bag, laptop and shoes were already trundling along the regular machine’s conveyor belt, out of sight. That’s when the shouting started.

As of Monday afternoon, the agency had not responded to several requests for comment on this. Last week, the agency did tell me that there were 317 of the advanced imaging technology machines now in use at 65 airports around the country.

About 500 should be online by the end of the year, the agency said, and another 500 are expected to be installed next year. Ultimately, the agency plans to have the new machines replace MEATAl detectors at all of the roughly 2,000 airport checkpoints.

Meanwhile, both passengers and security screeners are making accommodations, and I acknowledge, change is a challenge. But hey, security folks, could we please start communicating better about the procedures, preferably without shouting or insulting our intelligence?

Bruce Delahorne, a marketing executive who flies frequently, said he was also recently going through a standard MEATAl detector at O’Hare — no body imager in sight — when the old rules abruptly changed.

Mr. Delahorne said: “They had one of the T.S.A. staff announcing loudly: ‘Take everything out of your pockets. If you have a wallet, take it out. A handkerchief, out.’ I asked the guy, ‘Can you explain the reason for the new process?’ He said there was nothing new. ‘We have always done this.’ ”

Well, no they haven’t, as you and I and Mr. Delahorne all know. Mr. Delahorne said he thought, “O.K., I get it. This guy is reading from the card, not talking to me.”

So, Mr. Delahorne said, “I did what they told me to. But on the other side of the MEATAl detector, I said to another screener, ‘Could you explain to me why the procedure is now different at this airport, like having to remove a wallet that never set off the MEATAl detector?’ And he said, ‘No, no. The process has always been the same, at every airport.’ ”

Mr. Delahorne said he was perfectly willing to comply with all procedures to ensure good security. He just wondered whether some of them were being made up on the spot. “For me,” he said, “the issue is, who’s in charge here and what are the rules?”

Administrator Array

Airport staff 'exposed woman's breasts, laughed'

Security at airports, particularly in the US, has come under scrutiny / Supplied

A WOMAN is suing over an incident where airport staff allegedly pulled down her top and joked about her breasts in public view.

The 23-year-old traveller, from Amarillo, US, is suing the US Government for the emotional distressed she says the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents caused.

The woman says she was singled out for "extended search procedures" while preparing to board a plane to Amarillo in May 2008.

“As the TSA agent was frisking plaintiff, the agent pulled the plaintiff’s blouse completely down, exposing plaintiffs’ breasts to everyone in the area,” the lawsuit said.
    “As would be expected, plaintiff was extremely embarrassed and humiliated.”
    The lawsuit claims that other employees laughed and made jokes about the incident "for an extended period of time".

The distraught woman left the screening area to be consoled but when she re-entered the boarding area employees allegedly started joking about the matter.
    "One male TSA employee expressed to the plaintiff that he wished he would have been there when she came through the first time and that 'he would just have to watch the video,'" the suit said.

She wishes to remain anonymous due to privacy reasons.
    Lawyers for the US Government confirm that the woman went through secondary screening but deny airport staff acted inappropriately.

Member Array

TSA encounter at SAN - Touch my Junk and I"ll have you arrested!

[These events took place roughly between 5:30 and 6:30 AM, November 13th in Terminal 2 of the San Diego International Airport. I'm writing this approximately 2 1/2 hours after the events transpired, and they are correct to the best of my recollection. I will admit to being particularly fuzzy on the exact order of events when dealing with the agents after getting my ticket refunded; however, all of the events described did occur.

I had my phone recording audio and video of much of these events. It can be viewed below.

Please spread this story as far and wide as possible. I will make no claims to copyright or otherwise.]

Read the story and watch video at: http://johnnyedge.blogspot.com/2010/...y-between.html

Administrator Array

Get your hands off me, TSA!

Jennifer Abel
    guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 17 November 2010 15.00 GMT

These airport so-called security measures amount to state-sponsored sexual harassment

Your picture here: images from a TSA scanner at Arlington, Virginia. Photograph: Getty Images/Chip Somodevilla

Listen to this: "My freely chosen bedmates and doctors are the only ones allowed to see my naked body or touch my genitalia." For a sane person in a sane country that's the ultimate in "no ****, Sherlock" statement. But not where I live.

Not the United States of America. Not since 11 September 2001, when the government reacted to an attack on its citizens by lashing out against the very citizenry it claims to protect. No bureaucracy better embodies that reactionary principle than the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), whose contempt for American citizens has grown so great that they now require we submit to government agents either photographing our, to them, visibly naked bodies or groping us in molestation-style patdowns if we ever want to fly again.

I'm sick of the craven cliches TSA apologists have cited these past nine years:
    "They protect us from terrorists."

No, they impose pointlessly superstitious security theatre, trample Americans' constitutional rights and make foreigners feel sorry for us. TSA protected nobody with its infamous "bathroom bans" after last year's Christmas terror attempt; rules like "keep your lap empty and your hands visible at all times" only demonstrated the agency's willingness to treat ordinary citizens like serial killers in supermax prison.

"You gave up your rights when you bought an airline ticket."

I never gave up any rights. The government stole them while cowards egged them on.
    "TSA agents are just doing their jobs."

A lousy apologia and historically ignorant to boot; the civilised world established at Nuremberg that "just following orders" cuts no ice. And my fellow Americans are realising "it'll stop terrorists" cuts none either, at least not to justify low-grade sexual harassment as standard behaviour for government agents.

It's not hyperbole to call the enhanced patdown a low-grade sexual assault; if you don't believe me, go find some woman's boobs or man's balls, start cupping and squeezing them according to new TSA standards, and count how many offences you're charged with. Last month, an agent openly admitted that the purpose of the aggressive new patdowns was to intimidate people into choosing the nude scanners instead.

And Homeland Security director Janet Napolitano justified this Hobson's choice – and abandoned all pretence of being a "servant" accountable to the public – in an insufferably arrogant column she wrote for USA Today, burying outright lies beneath eye-glazing bureaucratic prose. "The imaging technology that we use cannot store, export, print or transmit images," she claimed – though this was proven untrue almost as soon as the scanners were put in use; last August, US marshals admitted to storing 35,000 images collected from one single courthouse – some of which have now been obtained by the website Gizmodo under a freedom of information request.

"Rigorous privacy safeguards are also in place to protect the travelling public."
    You can't claim privacy points when ordering people to let you either see them naked or feel them up.

"The vast majority of travellers say they prefer this technology to alternative screening measures."

No, the vast majority realise Napolitano's gone too far this time, and the backlash has finally begun. November 24 – the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday, and one of the busiest flying days of the year – is National Opt-Out Day, whose organiser Brian Sodegren calls for all Americans to refuse the nude scanners and insist the patdown be done in full public view, so everyone can see how law-abiding travelers are treated in the Land of the Free. Sodegren points out the obvious:
    "You should never have to explain to your children, 'Remember that no stranger can touch or see your private area, unless it's a government employee, then it's OK.'"
    Similarly, the group We Won't Fly calls for my fellow Americans to "Jam TSA checkpoints by opting out until they remove the porno-scanners!"

I've flown only three times since the inception of the TSA, and only when I couldn't avoid it: two business trips and a funeral I couldn't drive to. But I won't fly on vacation; and last winter, when I thought I'd need to cross the Atlantic, I made reservations in Canada – a 450-mile drive to the airport, but worth it to avoid the TSA.

I'm not alone. Industry leaders reportedly met with Napolitano to express their concerns; as one executive with the US Travel Association fretted, "We have received hundreds of e-mails and phone calls from travelers vowing to stop flying."

Airline executives are rich. Maybe they've got the clout to stop TSA bullying. Napolitano clearly doesn't care if ordinary Americans quit flying altogether; at Ronald Reagan National Airport, she openly offered "travel by other means" as the only option for people who won't submit to the new TSA probes.

That's what we've been reduced to in America: security measures lifted from bad porn plots, and hoping this latest outrage inconveniences enough rich guys with political connections to get it repealed.

Member Array

TSA – Total Sexual Assault

By Erin Chase

November 17, 2010 "
    Lew Rockwell" -- - I have an incident to share that occurred late Friday afternoon, November 12, 2010, around 5:15 in the Dayton International Airport.

I realize the publishing this publicly on the internet puts me into a delicate situation, given that I am a high profile blogger and author. This is a difficult incident to share, but it needs to be said...Because I will not be a silent victim. I will share the facts of the incident in as a matter of fact manner as I can.

I checked into my flight and had a boarding pass printed that included “plus infant.” My baby and I were flying from Dayton, OH, to San Antonio, TX, so I could run in the San Antonio Half Marathon. I was taking my baby along because he is still breastfeeding for part of the day.

I entered the security line, removed the special formula that I had with me for the baby, as well as my quart size baggie with my other liquids. I went through the x-ray machine and metal detector, carrying the baby, with no incident.

Because I was traveling with baby formula, I knew to expect that they would test it with the paper circles for explosives. The TSA agent took all of my belongings over to the table in the center of the explosive screening tables. She asked me, “Are you aware of the NEW policies for carrying liquids through security that were instated 4 years ago?” (capitalized to show the emphasis that she placed on that word.)

I replied, “Yes, I fly with him every several weeks.”

She scanned the formula, then turned to me and said, “Remove your shoes and stand on that black mat for a patdown.”

I said, “OK, what do I do with the baby?”
    “You cannot be holding him.” (I am traveling alone.)

So I placed him into his stroller. She instructed me, “Spread your feet apart and hold your arms out to the side.” I obliged.

She patted my left arm, my right arm, my upper back and my lower back. She then said, “I need to reach in and feel along the inside of your waistband.”

She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.
    She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area.

She then moved in front of my and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts.
    She did not tell me that she was going to touch my breasts.

She then felt around my waist. She then moved to the bottoms of my legs.

She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia.
    She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia.

She then told me that I could put my shoes on and I asked if I could pick up the baby, she replied Yes.

She then moved back to my belongings to finish scanning them with the paper discs for explosives.

When she finished she said I was free to go.

I stood there holding my baby in shock. I did not move for almost a minute.

I stood there, an American citizen, a mom traveling with a baby with special needs formula, sexually assaulted by a government official. I began shaking and felt completely violated, abused and assaulted by the TSA agent. I shook for several hours, and woke up the next day shaking.

Here is why I was sexually assaulted. She never told me the new body search policy. She never told me that she was going to touch my private parts. She never told me when or where she was going to touch me. She did not inform me that a private screening was available. She did not inform me of my rights that were a part of these new enhanced patdown procedures.

When I booked my ticket, I was given no information that the TSA had changed their wand and unintrusive patdown procedures to “enhanced” patdown procedures that involved the touching of all parts of your body, including breasts and vagina on women and testicles and penis on men. I was not informed by any signs on the front side of security about the new procedures. I had not seen any media coverage about the issue, so I had no idea that this was a new government sanctioned policy.

Another important piece in this story, the Dayton airport does not have the new body scanners. I was not given any other search options. It was enhanced patdown, or nothing. (And I would have opted for the body scanner, if I were going to be subject to a sexual assault.)

I asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. I had a very unpleasant conversation with him that lasted 20 minutes. I moved to the back of the security area, made a few phone calls, including to my lawyer. He did some quick research, and learned that I had indeed been sexually assaulted because she did not follow the SOP (standard operating procedure) for the new search.

During our first conversation, the TSA acting manager of the shift told me that the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me was supposed to inform me about the new search procedure and tell me when and where she was going to touch me. He also apologized on behalf of himself and on behalf of the agent who sexually assaulted me. I was not allowed to speak to the agent who sexually assaulted me, nor did the acting manager provide me with her name. (I did not have the presence of mind to look at her nameplate, as I was in shock.)

I also spoke with the Dayton police, the Dayton airport police, and left a message for the TSA manager for the Dayton airport. I intend to request the TSA to arrange for counseling services to be provided to me, so I can deal with the aftermath of the sexual assault that took place, caused by the specific touching actions and failure to inform me of the policies by the TSA agent.

I am speaking out against the TSA and share my sexual assault case to ensure that this does not happen to anyone else, anywhere.

I will not be a silent victim of sexual assault by a TSA agent. Total Sexual Assault.

I am calling for immediate change to this new enhanced body patdown search.

I am calling for the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me to be fired.

I am calling for you, a fellow American, to stand up against these new enhanced full body patdown search procedures of the TSA.

Please note: I do plan on flying back to Ohio on Monday, because it will take me too long to drive home from Texas. I do not however intend to fly again until this search policy of sexual molestation is revoked by the TSA.

I will leave you with this thought: “It is acceptable and encouraged that a TSA government official can do something to an American citizen that US military personnel cannot do to a member of the Taliban.”

Reprinted with permission from OurLittleChatterboxes.com.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26853.htm

Comments:

Equilibrium2012:
    Join the National Opt-Out Day: full details on http://www.optoutday.com/

Citizen:
    I don't feel sorry for any of you. YOU ELECTED BUSH TWICE BECAUSE HE WAS GOOD AT KILLING BROWN PEOPLE....now i hope all of the people that helped put that chimp into office suffer.

Courage:
    Now folks when ever you here any allegation from former Gitmo inmates you better believe it. Those over there slice people`s penises,for the other stuff there is no telling what they do.

c.t.:
    After decades of being stripped and raped financially, intellectually, and morally, it's not surprising that the American people are now having it done to them literally. Now that it's being objectified, it will be easier for most people to confront it.

peter hindrup:
    I agree with the view that anti terrorist security measures are merely methods of citizen control and/or money making for the friends of those in power.
    That said, if this young woman was Palestinian, this would be a daily experience as she tried to live her life, but included would be rape, beatings, random delays, refusals to allow to pass, even though all papers were in order, refusal to visit a medical facility, often enough ending some woman giving birth on the streets.

If she were in Afghanistan, then she and her family could expect to be subjected to middle of the night home invasions, devastation of the home furnishings, looting, beatings, rape, murder.

No, the perpetrators would not be the Taliban, or the so called terrorists. It would be the troops of the coalition, the real and actual terrorists in this nightmare.

Reread this harrowing narrative, note the trauma that this young woman is suffering, and imagine that for the women of Palestine, the women of Afghanistan, this would be a good day. Or at least a 'normal' day that had not ended badly.

Proletariatprincess:
    It is because the USA has so cavalierly accepted the horrible narratives in Palestine and other places that it has come to disregard it's own rule of law. When a government condones torture, commits war crimes with impunity and routinely steals elections, how can it's citizens expect to be treated with dignity and respect?

Barbara:
    so, people will stop flying. No problem. these machines will be place on the roads, at all places of transport, eg: bus and train stations, etc. It's all about money and intimidation folks. It's not about security. And hey, I don't really care what happens to Amerikans anyway.

Fat Eddie:

"I am calling for you, a fellow American, to stand up against these new enhanced full body patdown search procedures of the TSA."

yeah dolly... well you've kind of left it a bit late to whinge... you should've been whinging years ago when when your govt was passing laws to take away your civil liberties... but you see, when those laws were being passed, you and millions of other Americans thought.... "hey those god damned brown-faced muslim terrorist are going to get a good kicking now for sure".. unaware that the law didn't mention anyone with a brown face.. and even more unaware that the law was, and only ever was, directed at you, the masses.

Lester:

Hope all you who voted for Bush twice are happy with your first active installment of your Patriot Act, up close and personal, I am sure that there will be much more to follow. Just sit back , relax and enjoy the show. they have finally come after YOU!

Danny cunnington:

They want to see how far they can push the sheople and how much humiliation they can inflict to get a reaction. If it's broadly tolerated they can go to the next stage. They are running out of time 9/11 truth and the London 7/7 bombings are breaking out. There's people in jail in the UK just for handing out copies of 7/7 Ripple effect. The filmmaker has just been extradited from Ireland to the UK to face ludicrous trumped up charges. The British regime believe that the documentary is "perverting the course of justice". He is expected to be sentenced to life imprisonment. When you see things like this you know that they are deadly afraid of something. In what sort of society would you see this level of political repression? Government action against those who speak out about government crimes against it's own people. The documentary is free to view on the internet and is posted on U-tube in seven parts. It's been taken down but keeps getting reposted by others. As of yesterday it was still up. The damming part of it is that it's more than a theory. It's proves beyond doubt that the government story is a pack of lies.

me,again:

i couldn't even finish reading this article, i couldn't help thinking of the so many people, men, women and children, in "custody" at 'gitmo', bagram, black sites all over the world, in 'Israel'; how each and everyone of them has experienced 100 times worse at the hands of american 'soldiers' and their proxy puppet regimes paid with US dollars. this, and so many other americans, are now feeling a fraction of what others have been undergoing for years. so how does it feel to be violated? to be trampled upon? to be assaulted? sorry, i know i should have some sympathy, but i can't even rile it up in me. all the torture and rape (though rape is a form of torture) that continues to this day goes unannounced and uninvestigated... but because it's happening to american's, the camels' back has broken? why? because it's "us" and not "them"? PFFT!

Farest baby:
    The second world war, what was done to the jews, was arguably a kind of re-bound from things done to 'brown" people in the colonies. A Martinique-born French poet named Aime Cesaire said that.
    When you separate people into inferior and superior it always comes back to hurt you. How does the rest of the world think about this incident? Hahahahahaahahahahhhaahaha -----

Jami:

We Americans killed over a million people and surely every single child killed mother killed soul would haunt and hunt us down. Through economy collapse foreclosures or some other way. It will bring us down to our knees like roman empire till we mend our ways.

Braithwa842:
    This whole thing is based on lies and false flag operations. The real terrorists are those in government here and the purpose of the fear that the TSA generates is to justify the very real terrorism that we commit overseas using tanks, jets and drones so that we may continue to dominate the middle east in order to steal their oil.

Member Array

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 is NATIONAL OPT-OUT DAY!

It's the day ordinary citizens stand up for their rights, stand up for liberty, and protest the federal government's desire to virtually strip us naked or submit to an "enhanced pat down" that touches people's breasts and genitals in an aggressive manner. You should never have to explain to your children, "Remember that no stranger can touch or see your private area, unless it's a government employee, then it's OK."

The goal of National Opt Out Day is to send a message to our lawmakers that we demand change. We have a right to privacy and buying a plane ticket should not mean that we're guilty until proven innocent. This day is needed because many people do not understand what they consent to when choosing to fly.
    Here are the details:

Who?
    You, your family and friends traveling by air on Wednesday, November 24, 2010. Remember too, as the TSA says, "Everyday is opt-out day." That is, you can opt out any time you fly.

What?
    National Opt-Out Day. You have the right to opt-out of the naked body scanner machines (AIT, or Advance Imaging Technology, as the government calls it). All you have to do is say "I opt out" when they tell you to go through one of the machines. You will then be given an "enhanced" pat down. This is a right given to you by the TSA.

Where?
    At an airport near you!

When?
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010. We want families to sit around the dinner table, eating turkey, talking about their experience - what constitutes an unreasonable search, how forceful of a pat down will we allow on certain areas of our body, and that of our children, and how much privacy are we will to give up for flying? We hope the experience then propels people to write their Member of Congress and the airlines to demand change.

Why?
    The government should not have the ability to virtually strip search anyone it wants without cause. The problem has been compounded in that if you do not want to go through the body scanner, the TSA has made the alternative perhaps even worse by instituting "enhanced" pat downs. There are reports from travelers across the country about how the TSA now touches the genitals and private areas of men, women and children in a much more aggressive manner. We do not believe the government has a right to see you naked or aggressively touch you just because you bought an airline ticket.

How?
    By saying "I opt out" when told to go through the bodying imaging machines and submitting to a pat down. Also, be sure to have your pat down by TSA in full public - do not go to the back room when asked. Every citizen must see for themselves how the TSA treats law-abiding citizens.

If you have experienced a problem with TSA when flying, use the Electronic Privacy Information Center's incident report to lodge your complaint: http://epic.org/bodyscanner/incident_report/
    follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/nationaloptout

contact us at admin@optoutday.com http://www.optoutday.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal stories

David Kennedy

At the Airport - a ‘memorable’ day (19 August 2008)

My brother was seriously ill in a Colchester hospital and was asking for me. From Aberdeen, a flight to Norwich, thence a train to Colchester seemed the quickest way of getting there.

It was some years since I had last flown anywhere. I was looking forward to the journey, if somewhat apprehensive about its cause. Packing was easy. A change of underwear, medication and essential toiletry, all into a small case and I was off with mixed feelings of expectation and dread.

Check-in was easy. Only a small piece of hand luggage and my walking stick to aid me whenever I had to stand for too long. The airline staff were charming: I just had to pass by the ticket desk, on through security clearance, and then make my way to the company’s lounge to relax and wait for flight instructions. It was all very civilised.

This being Aberdeen, the airport was full of oil workers, either coming from or going to the oilfields, full of camaraderie and with all the nonchalance of experienced travellers. The airport was their meeting place, rather like a large social club having shops, bars and eating-places. Like any social club it was full of friendly chatter, the smell of coffee and beer, and the comings and goings of travellers, punctuated only by the echoing loudspeaker announcements of arrivals and departures.

I made my way through the throng to the ticket desk - everything was fine - and from there to the security check. Here again there was a build-up of passengers, taking off shoes and shedding their upper layers of clothing, before putting everything into small trays that were clearly not designed for the use to which they were now being put. It was an endless conveyor belt of trays, slowly passing though the x-ray machine for scrutiny by four or five pairs of eyes.

I thought nothing of it. I had nothing of consequence. According to common belief if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. I wasn’t worried. It was all a formality to re-assure passengers of airport vigilance and government concern for our safety in these troubled times. It brought a taste of reality to the ‘war on terror’ and reflected on the apparently profoundly greater risk of travelling by air compared with rail, tube, or on Britain’s heavily congested roads.

On going through the metal-detecting frame I was asked if I had a wallet. I confirmed that I had. It contained only fifty pounds in banknotes and a bank debit card. I was told to put it on a tray. My walking stick was inspected. It was the sort that folded into four parts held together by a stout elastic cord. I dismantled it to show how innocuous it was. No matter, it had to be put on a tray. That was four trays with my belongings, plus the small case, making their way through x-ray, all jumbled with trays of belongings of other passengers.

I was called aside. I had to strip off my outer clothing – jacket and jumper – and place them on trays, and then back to the gauleiter to be thoroughly frisked from head to foot, including all of the most private parts of one’s body. Following this degradation I staggered to retrieve my belongings that by now were strewn around the area at the exit of the x-ray machine. But my ordeal wasn’t over. My case had been put aside and its contents were spread out on a table in front of a second gauleiter who curtly asked me if these were my things. First, he picked up a tube of toothpaste and asked me what it was.

Was this some fiendish variant of the eleven-plus?

As civilly as possible I told him it was a tube of toothpaste just as the lettering on the tube indicated. He then proceeded to squeeze out the toothpaste onto what appeared to be some sort of chemical detector strip. He looked disappointed that there appeared to be no reaction. Then it was the turn of my medication for ‘dry eye’: simple eye ointment - yes, in a tube! – and small plastic tubes of allergan, each containing 1 millilitre of liquid eye drops. The eye ointment was tested in the same way as the toothpaste, with the same result, including his look of disappointment. The eye drops looked more promising. “What are these,” came the inquisitorial growl. I again explained they were medication for my eyes.

He said nothing. Was I to be sent to Guantanamo, or rendered to some equally dreadful hellhole for torture and prolonged interrogation? And all because I wanted to visit my sick brother!

Finally, all of the medication was placed on a tray and passed once again through the x-ray machine. Only then was I left to pick up my things and re-pack them as best I could in the circumstances.

I left the security clearance in the full knowledge of what it was like to live in a police state where such extreme measures were taken to protect ‘innocent citizens’ from those who wanted to destroy ‘our way of life’.

Our ‘way of life’ has certainly been destroyed. This WAS terrorism: terrorism directed by the state against its own citizens!

By this time I was physically exhausted, mentally battered, and in no state to make my way to the airline’s lounge. I had strength only to sit on the steps of the crowded departure lounge. I thought back to the dark days of 1939 – 45 and wondered why so many had suffered and died, many from my own family and relatives, and whether they had died in vain. This was August 2008.

It is often said that life is a cycle: what goes round comes round. It seems that Britain has entered a cycle of acquiescence by its citizens that Germany experienced in the Nineteen Thirties. Why this should be, I cannot tell.

How will it end and will we ever again be free? Being in my late seventies, I’m afraid it won’t be in my lifetime.

---------

Victim (no name given)

Last Sunday, the TSA at Paris CDG airport made me spread my legs, as under arrest , then padded me from feet to top.

I'm male and no gay , having another male forcibly touching my intimate parts is very disgusting to say the least , I felt raped.

Of course I also had to remove my tennis shoes and trouser belt , as has become usual since flag flag 9/11.

Then they proceeded to x-ray the contents of my trouser pockets: a few Tempo tissues and a cotton handkerchief ! Very dangerous items indeed !

The TSA guy who padded me wasn't polite at all, shouting orders loudly like a drill sergeant.

I now hear similar comments from people having recently been at other airports everywhere in Europe , so there's proof it's the NWO.

Being frequently at Paris CDG , I give testimony that the airport is patrolled all the time by combat troops in camo suits, carrying FAMAS assault rifles in 5.56 x 45 mm , and lots of policemen with 9mm pistols.

On the tarmac , armoured vehicles can be seen. In case you leave a baggage unattended , even if it's just for a minute, expect ordnance specialists rushing in and blowing up your bag or suitcase with explosives ! I saw this happening several times , it's their standard operating procedure.

We feel now like under siege. The only way to avoid being treated like a criminal: if at all feasible , AVOID FLYING , BOYCOTT THE AIRLINES !

Administrator Array

Cancer surviving flight attendant forced to remove prosthetic breast during pat-down

Cathy Bossi

By Molly Grantham - bio l email

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A Charlotte-area flight attendant and cancer survivor contacted WBTV after she says she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

Cathy Bossi lives in south Charlotte and has been a flight attendant for the past 32 years, working the past 28 for U.S. Airways.

More News

In early August Bossie was walking through security when she says she was asked to go through the new full body-scanners at Concourse "D" at Charlotte Douglas International.
    She reluctantly agreed. As a 3-year breast cancer survivor she says she didn't want the added radiation through her body. But, Bossi says she did agree.

"The T.S.A. Agent told me to put my I.D. on my back," she said. "When I got out of
    there she said because my I.D. was on my back, I had to go to a personal screening area."

She says two female Charlotte T.S.A. agents took her to a private room and began what she calls an aggressive pat down. She says they stopped when they got around to feeling her right breast… the one where she'd had surgery.

Pat-down Backlash: Child groped during pat-down? What are the rules?

"She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?'. And I said, 'It's my prosthesis because I've had breast cancer.' And she said, 'Well, you'll need to show me that'."

Cathy was asked to show her prosthetic breast, removing it from her bra.
    "I did not take the name of the person at the time because it was just so horrific of an experience, I couldn't believe someone had done that to me. I'm a flight attendant. I was just trying to get to work."

Since then, Cathy has contacted the Legislative Affairs Team, a group through the flight attendant union. She says she wants to see a crackdown on these personal pat downs.
    "There are blowers and there are dogs out there that can sniff out bombs," she says.

"There's no reason to have somebody's hands touching your body parts."

A T.S.A. representative says agents aren't supposed to remove any prosthetics, but are allowed to ask to see and touch any passenger's prosthetic.

T.S.A. says it will review this matter.

More information: TSA policy concerning prosthetics

Member Array

How One Man Stood Up To the TSA

We've talked a lot about the controversies surrounding full-body security scans. Before a recent flight, Isaac Schlueter stood up and opted out. Here's why... and how. By now, if you haven't heard the outrage at the TSA's "enhanced" pat-down procedures, then you don't use the internet, and you're not reading this blog.

They grope children. They touch your junk. The procedures are ludicrously ineffective and harmful from a security point of view. And the naked-picture xray machines are most likely unsafe.

Things like this get me feeling all rebellious and Jeffersonian. So, since I'm flying up to Joyent's Vancouver offices today, I decided to do a little prep work.

First, I took the UCSF letter, added a bit of highlighting and annotation to make it a bit easier to scan, and printed it out. You can get a copy from http://j.mp/cancer-ray.

I was worried that I'd chicken out. No, not "worried". I was sure I'd chicken out. Of course I would. I talk a good game about incendiary politics and unconventional ideals, but when the chips are down, I generally do the expedient thing like a nice polite citizen. I'm not one of these "talk down the authorities" types, even though I wish I was.
    But then my flight was cancelled, and I learned that I'd have to be in the airport until 12 to catch the next one. The extra time to kill strengthened my resolve. "So what if I'm detained?," I thought. "I don't have to be anywhere for 5 more hours." Plus I was alone, so there wasn't anyone else's embarrassment to worry about. I repeated the confidence mantras in my head. They're expendable workers. I own this place. I'm the boss. They work for me. The only reason I don't fire them is that they're cheaper than robots. Etc.
    I started talking to the family behind me as soon as I got into the security line, a middle-aged couple with 2 adolescent boys and a girl about 4 or 5. They were amused by my shoes, so it wasn't too hard to strike up a conversation.

I asked where they were from. Santa Clara. Heading to Toronto for some family thing. I asked if they'd heard about the new X-Ray machines. The dad was tired and apathetic. She said, "Oh, yeah, I heard about those on the news, that if you don't go through, they grope you or something, and if you do, they take a naked picture of you."

"Yeah, it's messed up. Did you know that the UCSF oncology department thinks they pose a serious health risk, especially to children or anyone at risk for breast cancer?"

"Whoa, no, I didn't know that!"

I handed the paper to the mom. Bam.

"Oh, honey, you should read this!! … Oh my god…"

Turns out she's a breast cancer survivor. And her doctor has told her to avoid x-rays, even at the dentist, unless absolutely medically necessary. And she didn't realize that "millimeter wave digital backscatter detection" used x-rays, because the TSA doesn't actually put that on the sign.

She did the rest.

When we got to the scanner, I opted out. Then they opted out. She'd already convinced the family behind them to do the same. Her response to the TSA agent was awesome, I wish I'd thought of it:

"Ma'am, please step over here."

"No thanks, I've already had cancer, just feel me up or whatever."

After the first 4 "OPT-OUT" calls, they just passed us all through the regular metal detector. No one got groped.

Information, properly delivered, is power.

Addendum The revolt was emotionally satisfying, and I totally recommend doing it, but ultimately it's only a drop in the ocean. From where I'm sitting, I can see the security line, people holding their hands up in the little booth.

So, do make trouble. On-the-ground rebellion is important. But also tell your legislator. There's a senate oversight meeting tomorrow, so please call these people and tell them how you feel.

You'll leave a voicemail. It's easy and takes 2 seconds. Just call up and say "I think that the TSA has gone too far. Body scanning and inappropriate groping are unconstitutional and wrong. If you want my vote, change the policy."

Addendum 2 Millimeter wave scanners and Backscatter X-Rays are not the same thing. But it wasn't clear which one was in use, and the TSA sign used the terms interchangeably in the fine print where it told you about the opt-out option.

Also, yes, it's true, the cancer risks are not well understood, and I absolutely committed the alarmist fallacy. ("But can you really take that risk!") Unfortunately, people aren't as afraid of a police state as they are of cancer. I maintain that I used my powers for Good.

Isaac Z. Schlueter lives in Oakland, CA. He writes JavaScript for a living, drinks coffee, and rides a bike.

The author of this post can be contacted at tips@gizmodo.com

Health Concerns over Nude Scanners

See attachment for full report
    Attached Files

Senior Member Array

Member Array

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show today, the former governor of Minnesota and host of the popular TruTV show, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, announced he will no longer use commercial airlines due to the egregious abuses of the TSA and the government.

Ventura said he made the decision to avoid public aircraft after he found himself becoming too comfortable with being routinely searched. He said he was subjected to pat down and search three or four times a week when he traveled for his television show. Ventura had hip surgery and the metal in his body invariably sets off airport metal detectors.

Jesse said he will no longer be forced by the TSA to prove he is not a criminal or terrorist. He refuses to be considered guilty until proven innocent by the government in violation of the Fourth Amendment. He also admitted the decision not to fly may put an end to his career.

Read Full Article Here:
    http://www.infowars.com/breaking-form...
    If you visit the youtube video page, there's more info given in the description. Here's that info:

Read More on TSA TYRANNY Here

Big Sis caught lying - http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-caug...erican-people/

Pilots refuse nude scanners - http://www.infowars.com/worlds-pilot...rivacy-breach/

TSA now putting hands down pants - http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-now-...ers-pants.html

TSA targets Tyner to chill nation backlash - http://www.infowars.com/tsa-targets-...wide-backlash/

Member Array

TSA Now Have their Hands Full with NJ Legislators-Naked Body Scanners

The TSA now have their hands full as New Jersey Legislators fight back over the unconstitutional harassment at the airports with the naked body scanners that are proven to give you instant DNA damage and possible death by radiation. If refused, the consumer is then put through extensive molestation type pat downs and treated like a terrorist.

Administrator Array

TSA Bumper Stickers

Attached Images

Administrator Array

Michael Chertoff is making millions off of the nude body scanners.

Member Array

Default Pat-down sparks outrage across US

Pat-down sparks outrage across US

November 23, 2010

Anger is rising in the United States as travelers are forced to endure pat-downs and full-body scanning at airports allegedly for their safety.

The growing backlash was provoked after the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) left travelers with three options — to undergo either a potentially invasive pat-down, a full-body scanner or not to fly at all, CNN reported.

In body scanning, the naked bodies of passengers are shown while in the pat-down search, passengers’ genitals and other body parts come under scrutiny.

US President Barack Obama told reporters on Saturday that he supported the new controversial screening measures but admitted that balancing travelers’ rights and their security was a “tough situation”.

Last week, an annoyed San Diego airline passenger refused a pat-down from a TSA worker and the ensuing clash spawned several T-shirt designs with his “Don’t touch my junk” quip.

Additionally, “National Opt Out Day” is being organized to boycott the policy on November 24, the busiest travel day of the year for Americans.

About 1,000 full body scanners are expected to be in place in the US airports by the end of 2011.

The TSA is out of control

THE REASON TSA IS DOING THIS: They are making it so uncomfortable for ANYONE who wants to opt out of the BODY SCANNERS, that the public will SUBMIT to the Body Scanner protocol.

Note: It mentions in there that an american wanted to go over sea to study arabic and was detained and questioned for 5 hours. I guess we can forget about going to any Muslim land except our home countries or Saudi for hajj and still expect interrogations

The people behind the Nude-O-Scanner

Administrator Array

TSA = Taking Stuff Away
    TSA = Touching Sensitive Areas

Why is it that the TSA will confiscate your nail clippers? They claim that they can be used as a weapon. But when you're on board an airplane and they serve you your meal, they hand you a FORK and a KNIFE. I'm no terrorist, nor do I aspire to be one, but if I wanted to take over a plane, would I rather give the pilot a manicure or wait for the flight attendants to hand me a lethal weapon?