Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
    Senior Member Array

Lightbulb Suggestion For A New Category

Salam All
    So I was thinking (which sometimes turns out to be very dangerous LOL) that we should have a new category called "THANKFUL" or "ALHAMDOLILLAH" where members can post what they are thankful for. Allah has given us so much and continues to give us that we sometimes forget or not look at the importance of what we have.
    This new place will give members an opportunity to share with others what they are grateful for. Not that it is necessary that we know what people want to thanks Allah for but this will be a push for people to stop and think what to post and it might send them on a mission of listing all the good things in their life. And to make us realize that we can post and post but Allah generousity never ends.
    When a person starts acknowledging the good things in life it saves them from so much - it promotes good attitude, gratitude and brings contentment in their lives. Being grateful to god on a daily basis overcomes and hides the sorrows of life and makes it easier for us to deal with. It makes our faith stronger and our prayers more sincere because of all the things we start to appreciate that he has given us. And how does all this affect our health, not sure if some might agree with me or not but from personal experience, sincerely grateful people don't get depressed.
    Enough with my lecture, bottomline point I am trying to make, if I were to choose between being content or depressed, there's no question we all want to be content - so to start that - let's start being "THANKFUL TO ALLAH"

LET'S EXPERIMENT: If all active members made a point of listing one thing a day we are thankful for and end of the week see how we feel about ourselves spiritually and come back here and discuss...

EXAMPLE: "I was so hurt when my ex denied me to take my children to Canada to celebrate Eid with my family this year. Then my former employer calls me last week with a job offer I could not turn down and it just so happens that I had to give immediate notice at work to start there that very week and wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Thank Allah I didn't plan that trip so I was able to accept that position."

please let me know your thoughts on this idea

Administrator Array

I like the idea. I created a sticky thread under the General forum:

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthread.php?t=10281

It will always be at the top so that everyone can find it.

Senior Member Array

Thanks brother Hussein - insha allah we can all benefit from it.