Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Member Array

American Muslim woman catches Bigoted Islamophobe calling her a 'b***h' and asks for green card

The incident happened a day after President Trump instated a ‘travel ban’ on seven Muslim majority countries

A Muslim woman has filmed the moment a man in a coffee shop called her a “b****” and asked if she had a green card, after she confronted him over allegedly taking a picture of her.

Asma Elhuni, 39, an American citizen and legislative intern for State Representative Brenda Lopez in Atlanta, Georgia, filmed the man laughing at her when she asked why he had taken her picture.

The man, named as Rob in the video, is seen sitting down at the table opposite Ms Elhuni as he asks why she is “uptight”. When she responds by saying, “I’d like to know why you’re coming in here and taking a picture of me,” Rob says he wanted to take a picture of a man who looked like a DJ in the coffee shop and upload it onto Facebook, before telling her, “and then you started acting like a b****.”

Ms Elhuni asks what the man does for a living, which he responds to by saying: “Do you have a green card?”

The incident happened a day after President Donald Trump signed an executive order temporarily suspending immigration from seven majority Muslim countries, and placing a four-month suspension on America’s refugee program.

Ms Elhuni posted a video of the exchange with the man, identified as “Rob from Detroit,” on Facebook with the message: “Fight back with your cameras y’all.” She claims the man had taken his camera out and had taken a picture of her, and that when she asked if that was what he was doing, he replied “Yes”.

“So I took out my phone and started recording him,” she wrote. “Spread widely. Racists feel emboldened now.”

One witness of the incident, who was not named, told Creative Loafing: "It was hard to tell what was happening from across the room, but it was clear the guy was harassing her.

"It was impressive how quickly the woman diffused the situation, and it was reassuring to see people coming to her defence once they realised what was going on."

Ms Elhundi’s post has been shared over 18,000 times and has garnered thousands of comments of support.

One Facebook user posted a screen grab of a post from a user called Rob Koehler on Facebook, who claimed Ms Elhundi’s “radical” friends contacted him and threatened to kill him. He apologised to his friends and colleagues in the post before thanking Ms Elhundi, claiming he has learned and “will grow from this experience”.

The post shows a picture of the coffee shop, and says: “I was confronted by a Muslim activist at this coffee shop. She was concerned I was taking her picture. As you can see by this image she was not even in it. I thought it was a really neat environment and was going to share it on Facebook.

“Asma Elhundi then accosted me for simply taking a picture. Her radical friends then started contacting me and telling me they were going to kill me. I could say at this moment that I agree with Donald Trump’s stance on immigration. But the truth is I don’t, this is a land of immigrants.

“To all my friends, family, colleagues, clients and vendors, my apologies. I could’ve handled the situation better. I will get better and be better from this experience. Thank you Asma I have learned and I will grow from this experience.”

The Facebook account for Rob Koelher linked with the post appears to have been closed.

Activists on Facebook are understood to have identified the man's place of work and have left pages of one star reviews of the business on Yelp, with many calling for him to be fired.

The company the man is understood to work for, the Computer Service & Network Centre in Columbus, Georgia, has closed its Facebook and Twitter pages and redirected them to Wix’s social media pages, which also created its website.

A statement from the management at the Computer Service & Network Centre published on its website said the company had been made aware of an incident in Atlanta on 28 January.

“We in no way condone what was said nor do we support racism in any way. This will be addressed once we have all the information. HR has been made aware of the situation and our legal group will be as well,” the company said.

The statement added that while members of the public are welcome to voice their opinion, the business has “received several calls threatening the business and employees”.

“Please be aware that these calls are being turned over to the appropriate authorities,” the company stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Comments:

This is how you head deal with these bigots. You record a video of them so everyone can see them for what they are and then everyone use social media to tell them, their family/friends, and employers about what they did.

Viracocha711: He obviously came back & took the pic after she had left when he knew he was in deep trouble! He clearly changed his story from "I thought I saw a DJ" to "I liked the coffee shop"...He is clearly just another TRUMP supporting racist bully who got caught & is only sorry because he got caught!

Member Array

White Christian Terrorist charged over attack in which Muslim woman lost unborn twins

A man who kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her unborn twins in a racially motivated attack has been charged with racially aggravated assault.

David Gallacher, 37, was arrested after police released a CCTV image of him following the attack.

He is accused of assaulting the mum-to-be by kicking her in the stomach as she walked close to a mosque.

Gallacher also attacked a man who tried to intervene and stop him from continuing to assault the woman in Milton Keynes last August.

The unnamed Somalian woman, who was wearing a headscarf, had not known she was pregnant with twins until medics told her she had lost them after the assault.

Gallacher was this week charged with two counts of racially/religiously aggravated assault and for a separate incident he was charged with assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating.

A police spokesman said: ‘David Gallacher, aged 37 years, of no fixed abode was charged on Wednesday with one count of assault causing actual bodily harm, one count of assault by beating, two counts of racially/religiously aggravated assault and three counts of assaulting a constable in the execution of his/her duty.

‘The charges relate to two incidents. The first was on Saturday August 6 2016, when two victims, a 34-year-old woman and a 40-year-old man were assaulted and racially abused by a man near the Co-op on Water Eaton Road, Bletchley.

‘The second incident relates to an incident on September 14 in Larch Grove, Bletchley, when three police officers were assauled as they arrested a man.

‘Gallacher has been bailed to appear at Milton Keynes Magistrates’ Court on March 14.’

http://britishasiansuk.com/man-who-kicked-pregnant-muslim-woman-in-the-stomach-causing-her-to-lose-her-unborn-twins-charged/

Comments:

Where's the charge of terrorism and for manslaughter of 2 lives? As always, bigots protecting their own.

Member Array

“Beat me like an animal:” Muslim woman says attacker ripped off her hijab, cut her with knife

MILWAUKEE -- A Muslim woman was attacked as she walked home from prayer. Milwaukee police tell FOX6 News they are investigating the crime that occurred near South 13th and Layton. The incident happened Monday morning, April 10th around 6:00 a.m. -- and the victim was just released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon. The details of the crime have some in the Islamic community saying it was a hate crime.

"I said to myself, 'I am going to die today for sure.'
    So he gets up from the car and told me to come here," said the woman who was attacked.

The woman, who does not want her identity to be shared, said a car pulled up alongside her.

"And one man came from a car," she said.

That man wanted only one thing: to remove the woman's hijab, or head scarf.

"He said to take my hijab, my scarf. I tried to fight him. 'Don't take my hijab,' you know? So he threw me on the floor then he beat me like an animal," said the victim.

The attacker was able to pull the scarf off. Blood stains remained on it Tuesday:

The woman said her attacker threw her to the sidewalk, and then stepped down on her head repeatedly. She described him taking out a knife to cut her jacket and her arm.

"Certainly we're scared for our community members. As an Islamic community, we want to make sure our community is always safe. The initial reaction is shock," said Munjed Ahmad with the Islamic Society of Milwaukee.

Those at the Islamic Center will discuss having security patrols on nearby streets. At this point, they believe this to be a hate crime.

"Nothing was stolen. There was no robbery. Her valuables remain with her. The only motive we can think of -- because everything stayed with her and this individual went straight for her scarf is a hate crime," said Ahmad.

Those from the community are glad the attacker didn't take more -- the woman's life.

The victim somehow made it home. That's where she had a seizure and was taken to the hospital. She said during the beating, the attacker was calling her names and swearing at her.

Police say they are investigating and there is no suspect in custody at this time.

http://fox6now.com/2017/04/11/beat-m...ys-south-side/

Member Array

Photo of Saffiyah Khan defying EDL protester in Birmingham goes viral

by Frances Perraudin - 10 April 2017

A photograph showing a young woman smiling bemusedly at an incensed English Defence League protester has been widely shared as a symbol of Birmingham's defiance in the face of the far right.

The image, which has been shared thousands of times on social media, was captured during a demonstration by the far-right group in Birmingham city centre on Saturday. It shows an EDL protester Ian Crossland staring into the eyes of the young woman, who is looking back at him unfazed. A police officer appears to be restraining Crossland.

The woman pictured has been identified as Saffiyah Khan, who is from Birmingham. Her family has links to Bosnia and Pakistan. She said the picture was taken when she stepped in to defend a woman wearing a hijab, who had been surrounded by a group of the protesters after she called them racists.

"She was quite a small woman," Khan said. "When I realised that nothing was being done [by police] and she was being surrounded 360, that's when I came in as well."
    She described the man who confronted her as "an angry man having a bit of a rant".

Speaking to Radio New Zealand, Khan said the best responses she has had from the photograph were from people who had got in touch to tell her how the picture had personally affected them. "I've had lots of stories about [people's] daughters being affected and how they see me as a role model," she said.

The EDL demonstration attracted about 100 people and was condemned by the Labour, Liberal Democrat and Conservative leaders of Birmingham city council, who said the group was not and never would be welcome in their city.

The demonstration attracted a heavy police presence, including riot vans. West Midlands police said two people, thought to be counter-protesters, had been arrested for alleged breaches of the peace.

Tweeting the photograph, which was taken by Press Association photographer Joe Giddens, Birmingham MP Jess Phillips wrote: "Who looks like they have power here, the real Brummy on the left or the EDL who migrated for the day to our city and failed to assimilate?" Her tweet had been shared and liked nearly 18,000 times by Sunday evening.

The journalist and television host Piers Morgan hailed the picture "photo of the week" and shared it on social media with the caption: "Enraged EDL racist stared down by amused, contemptuous Asian woman."

EDL activists claimed on Twitter that scuffles broke out at the demonstration after counter-protesters shouting "Nazi scum" disrupted a silence being held at the rally for victims of terrorism. Writing on Facebook, Crossland described Khan as a "dirty unwashed leftwing scrubber".

He added: "The disrespectful witch chose the minute's silence for the victims of the terror attack in Stockholm and Westminster. She's lucky she got any teeth left."

Speaking to Vice News, Khan said video evidence contradicted the EDL's claim. "Anyone who knows me will agree that I would respect a minute's silence for the death of innocent people, regardless of who was holding it," she said. "That is a matter of my conscience, and it is a powerful tool."

Tommy Robinson, the EDL's former leader, tweeted that the picture was embarrassing. "OK, just had confirmed by a friend who was at EDL demo, this lady was defending a woman in a navy hijab as she said to the papers," he wrote. "[And] I don't care how many people don't like me saying that, the truth is the truth. [And] the picture is embarrassing."

Khan told Vice that she hoped to use her newfound status to "fight against racism on the streets of the UK". She added: "[I've] got big things planned, focusing on the bigger picture. Being viral is worthless if nothing helpful comes of it."

In an event organised to counter the EDL protest, Birmingham central mosque held a "Best of British" tea party, complete with union jack bunting, tea and cake.

Addressing the estimated 300 people who attended, the local MP Liam Byrne said the event celebrated "the quiet miracle of a normal life and the things that we love most about our city and our country".

"Getting together as friends, getting together as neighbours, breaking a bit of Victoria sponge and having a cup of tea," he added. "That is a potent, powerful message that we will send to those who seek to divide us."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ter-goes-viral

comments:

The police didn't help the hijabi Muslim woman thinking that she will get hit but not hit back, but when they see this woman step up then they were quick to intervene knowing this woman might hurt their kind.

Member Array

Girl, 12, and Two Adults Tried to Rip Hijab From Muslim Woman in Vicious Attack in Eltham

By Hatty Collier - 4/12/2017

A 13-year-old girl and two adults have been
    convicted of a “vicious and brutal” attack on a Muslim mother and daughter in south-east London.

The teenage girl, who was aged 12 at the time of the assault, Paul Anderson, 37, and 38-year-old Joanna Farrer were each found guilty of two counts of religiously aggravated actual bodily harm following a two-week trial at Woolwich Crown Court.

The victims, a 42-year-old woman and her daughter, 23, were left fearing for their lives after they were attacked by the defendants in Eltham one evening in May last year, the court heard.

A jury was told how the younger victim, who wore traditional Muslim dress include a pink hijab and a long black Abaya, was thrown to the ground by Anderson as one of the other attackers tried to rip off her headscarf.

Her mother was kicked in the stomach and punched in the face by the girl,
    who cannot be named for legal reasons, the court heard.

On the evening of the attack, the younger victim had been driving along Middle Park Avenue on her way to visit a family member when the girl and a boy who was with her began to cross the road.

Despite there being no zebra or pelican crossing, she stopped the car to allow them to pass and the girl gesticulated towards her.

The victim continued on her way to meet her mother in Eltham Hill and when she stopped the car there, the girl and boy walked past again and the girl began to shout racist abuse.

Her mother told the youths that they had crossed the road in a dangerous spot and an argument began.

The girl attacked the older victim, before walking away and returning with Anderson and Farrer and launching a further assault.

A fourth woman, who has not yet been identified, also joined in the attack
    , which took place at about 8pm on May 5.

It only ended when the younger victim flagged down a passing ambulance causing the suspects to flee. The victims were left with cuts and bruises.

The suspects were caught by police with the assistance of a taxi driver who witnessed the assault.

Anderson, of Sevenoaks Road, Brockley, was jailed for three years and four months and ordered to pay £2,000 compensation to the victims after all three defendants were found guilty on Tuesday. Farrer, of William Barefoot Drive, Eltham will be sentenced on Friday, April 21, while the girl will be sentenced at Bromley Youth Court on a date to be set.

Detective Inspector Melanie Pressley, of Greenwich Community Safety Unit, said: "This was a brutal and completely unnecessary attack on two Muslim women who were racially abused and then assaulted.

"I have no doubt the attack would have continued had it not been for the passing ambulance one of the victims was able to flag down.

"The victims were left terrified by what happened and lived in fear they would be targeted again. The older victim was too afraid to leave her house for some time.”

He added: “It is shocking that the instigator of this attack was just 12 years old [at the time] and I hope having a conviction to her name at such a young age will be a wake-up call and encourage her to change her ways."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3513946.html

Member Array

UK: Muslim Women 'Grabbed Round Throat and Spat at Outside Mosque

The mosque is close to an Islamic centre that Khuram Butt - one of the three attackers involved in the weekend's atrocities - is believed to have once visited

By Scott D'Arcy - 6 JUN 2017

Muslim women have been grabbed round the throat and spat at outside a mosque
    close to an Islamic Centre attended by one of the London Bridge attackers .

The women in east London are said to have been the target of physical and verbal abuse since the central London atrocity, according to their Muslim community leader.

Ash Siddique, secretary of the Al-Madina Mosque n Barking says the attacks, including one woman being grabbed around the throat at a bus stop, have been reported to police.

"I would not describe it as a backlash," he said. "We've had a number of incidents where ladies coming to the mosque have been attacked.

"One lady was at the bus stop and she was grabbed around the throat. We've reported that matter to the police.

"We've had a number of ladies who have been verbally abused and a number of ladies who have been spat on.

"We've had a couple of telephone calls, physical threats - 'we are going to attack you' and that sort of thing.

"Perhaps that's to be expected after a major event like this but it's still disconcerting for those individuals involved.

"To be honest with you, it's part for the course of being a Muslim in the UK today."

The Al-Madina Mosque is near to the Jabir Bin Zayd Islamic Centre that London Bridge attacker Khuram Shazad Butt was thought to have once attended. Mr Siddique said he did not believe Butt had visited Al-Madina Mosque itself. He said: "As far as I'm aware, no. To be honest with you, sometimes we have 1,000 people here so he could have come here but as far as we know, I've asked some of my colleagues and the people that work here and nobody seems to recognise him." Mr Siddique said he believed the community had blown the whistle on Butt. He said: "What's emerging is that on three occasions the community highlighted concerns about this individual. "He was on tape in a documentary made by Channel 4 several years ago. "So those concerns I think were in the public domain and highlighted as they should have been. "The failings were not on the part of the community - the community has done what it is supposed to do." Mr Siddique said he understood police and security services had an "enormously difficult job" and that terrorists "just need to get lucky once"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hroat-10572866

Member Array

A Muslim Teen Was Kidnapped And Murdered Outside A Virginia Mosque

A man has been charged with murder after police found the body believed to be 17-year-old Nabra, who went missing after leaving a mosque with friends this weekend.

June 18, 2017

People who attend the center identified the missing teen as Nabra — her last name was not given — and said she and her friends were coming back from eating during a break from Ramadan prayers when a car pulled up and a man with a baseball bat jumped out and started swinging at the group of girls.While it was evident that the teens were Muslim, detectives have "not gotten any indication that this was motivated by hate or bias," Wright said.

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...eaten-to-Death
    Attached Images

Member Array

Racist Ripped Veil off Muslim Woman's Head and Yelled 'Live By Our F***Ing Rules'

by Tom Towers - 14 Jun 2017

A racist who ripped a veil from a Muslim woman's face and told her 'Our Britain, you live by our fucking rules' will be sentenced next week.

Peter Scotter, who targeted the woman at a shopping centre in Sunderland last July, will learn his fate next Friday.

The assault was carried out in front of the victim's terrified nine-year-old son.

The 56-year-old arrived at Newcastle Crown Court this morning and confronted a photographer on his way in.

He asked 'What are you taking pictures of me for?' before telling him to '**** off'.

The defendant had approached the woman, who was waiting for her husband outside a store in Sunderland's Bridges shopping centre.

He tore off her niqab veil and the force he used almost threw her to the ground.

The court heard in February how Scotter shouted: 'Take that fucker off you stupid fucking Muslim' during the attack, along with other racist slurs.

As he walked away he was heard saying: 'Our Britain, you live by our fucking rules.'

The defendant, who suffers from mouth cancer, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault.

He also admitted a charge of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

Scotter was due to be sentenced today, but the case has been repeatedly adjourned due to his cancer diagnosis.

He has 66 previous convictions for 157 offences
    , including actual bodily harm, breaching a Football Banning Order and racially aggravated criminal damage.

The attack occurred when reports of racial abuse were on the rise following Britain's vote to leave the EU.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/racist...rules-6708932/

comments:

It's obvious from his convictions that he is a threat to society, so why isn't this dog locked up?!!!!

Member Array

Man arrested after 'Muslim mum punched in face at Lozells traffic lights'

Victim was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children when she was targeted

By Jasbir Authi - 16 JUN 2017

A man has been arrested after a mother was racially abused in front of her two children.

The victim was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children and was waiting for traffic lights to change when she was approached by a man in Heathfield Road, in Lozells.

It is claimed the 31-year-old woman was then "racially abused" through the open window before the man threw water over her.

The woman was also punched her in the face
    during the incident, which happened at 2.30pm on Sunday.

Police said a man from Handsworth was arrested at 6.30pm on Thursday on suspicion of racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody helping police with enquiries.

A West Midlands spokeswoman said: "A 34-year-old man from Handsworth was arrested at 6.30pm yesterday (15 June) on suspicion of racially aggravated assault.

"He is still in custody helping police with enquiries."

Superintendent Mat Shaer, from Birmingham Police, said: "There can never be any excuse for hate crime and I would encourage anyone who is a victim of hate to report it to police on 101 or online at: www.report-it.org.uk. Clearly 999 should be used if a crime is in progress or offenders are at the scene."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...m-mum-13196307

Police probe after Muslim mother is punched in the face in 'horrific racist attack' in Birmingham

Police said she was 'racially abused' through the open window before the man threw water over her and punched her in the face during the 'horrific attack' at 2.30pm on Sunday

By Jasbir Authi - 12 JUN 2017

Police have launched an investigation after a Muslim mother had water thrown over her and was punched in the face in an racist attack in Birmingham .

The victim, who was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children, was waiting for traffic lights to change when she was approached by the man in Heathfield Road, in Lozells.

Police said the woman was then "racially abused" through the open window before the man threw water over her and punched her in the face during the "horrific attack" at 2.30pm on Sunday.

West Midlands Police said they are treating the incident as a "hate crime" and are appealing for witnesses to contact them immediately.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said : "The incident, which has been recorded as a hate crime, took place at 2.30pm Sunday 11 June in Heathfield Road, Lozells.

"The 31-year-old year old woman had stopped at traffic lights, and had her windows open, when she was approached by a man who threw water at her. The man then racially abused her, before punching her in the face.

"The man, described as being black and wearing a hoodie,
    then walked off. Police enquiries are on-going to identify the man and anyone who saw the incident should call officers."

Councillor Waseem Zaffar (Lab, Lozells and East Handsworth) visited the victim after the incident and said she was in a "state of shock".

He said: "It's a horrific attack. It happened in front of her two young children. She is a Muslim. It was an Islamophobic attack.

"The perpetrator needs to be brought to justice. This is hopefully an isolated incident and the actions of this one individual should not be reflective of any community. People need to be vigilant and report all kinds of hate crime."

Superintendent Mat Shaer from Birmingham Police , added: "We will not tolerate any report of hate crime, these crimes are committed by a small minority of people and are not representative of wider communities.

"There can never be any excuse for hate crime and I would encourage anyone who is a victim of hate to report it to police on 101 or online at: www.report-it.org.uk. Clearly 999 should be used if a crime is in progress or offenders are at the scene."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...other-13173083

Member Array

Muslim woman suing estate agent ‘after being told black hijab made her look like a terrorist’

Woman told to 'get the f*** out' of office after refusing to change headscarf

A Muslim woman is suing her former employers after allegedly being ordered to remove her black headscarf because the garment had “terrorist affiliations”.

The estate agent, who did not want to be named, had been working for Harvey Dean in Bury for almost a year when she says managers took issue with her hijab.

A complaint filed at the Manchester Employment Tribunal says the woman was told that moving from a back office into public view meant “that it would be in the best interest of the business for her to change the colour of her hijab, due to the supposed terrorist affiliation with the colour black”.

A colleague allegedly claimed that the predominantly white and non-Muslim community around the company’s office would “feel intimidated and scared if they saw the claimant”.

The woman, who had been wearing a black headscarf that left her face uncovered since starting at Harvey Dean, said she was not prepared to change her attire for the reasons given.

She says she refused again in a phone call and a meeting held the following day with the male manager, who had allegedly brought coloured hijabs into the office for her to change into.

Hours later, the claimant says she was reprimanded for sending a text message to her father.

“He then went on a tirade accusing the claimant of not working,” read tribunal documents seen by The Independent.

“The claimant informed him that she was on her lunch break but he told her that he did not care [and] then proceeded to tell her to: ‘Get the f*** out of here.’”

The woman left the office and, after hearing nothing further from the company, submitted a letter of resignation the following week.

She claimed to The Independent that her objections to the order “fell on deaf ears” and left her feeling unable to remain at the company.

“I was shocked at what they were asking and the reasons they were giving,” the woman added.

The former housing sales negotiator said she felt “singled out” as the only Muslim woman in the office and claims the company discriminated against her on the basis of both religion and gender.

The tribunal complaint argues that her treatment created an “intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating and offensive environment”, and is seeking a written admission that she was subjected to unlawful discrimination.

The case, which will be considered at a preliminary hearing at the Manchester Employment Tribunal on 20 July, could result in Harvey Dean paying “aggravated damages” and compensation covering loss of earnings, holiday pay and legal fees.

“If I receive anything, that will be of secondary importance,” the claimant said.

“What is of primary importance to me over and above anything is that this serves as a warning to employers that such pressure upon employees is absolutely and categorically unacceptable based upon illogical ideas with no evidence.

“Young Muslim women, whether they attend schools, colleges or work in professional environments, should never have to feel that they have to compromise their religious beliefs or water down their Muslim identity for fear of intimidating people of other or no faith.”

Zillur Rahman, an employment lawyer representing the claimant for Rahman Lowe Solicitors, believes the case is the first of its kind in the UK following a landmark ruling at the European Court of Justice in March.

Judges found that companies could legally ban employees from wearing the Islamic headscarf, but only as part of prohibitions encompassing all religious and political symbols equally.

“An internal rule of an undertaking which prohibits the visible wearing of any political, philosophical or religious sign does not constitute direct discrimination,” the court ruled.

“However, in the absence of such a rule, the willingness of an employer to take account of the wishes of a customer no longer to have the employer's services provided by a worker wearing an Islamic headscarf cannot be considered an occupational requirement that could rule out discrimination.”

The complaint in Bury alleges that Harvey Dean had no such rule in place, noting that Muslim male employees were allowed to wear beards and the company’s staff handbook stated that it “does not seek to inhibit individual choice as regards appearance”.

The company could not be reached for comment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7803666.html

Member Array

Family of Muslim woman burned in random terrorist acid attack on 21st birthday

Student Resham Khan was sitting in her car with her cousin Jameel Muhktar when a man ran up and sprayed them with corrosive liquid through the open window

27 JUN 2017

The family of a Muslim woman targeted in an horrific acid attack on her 21st birthday fear it was a race hate crime.

Recounting her ordeal on Twitter, student Resham Khan told how she was sitting in a car at traffic lights with her cousin Jameel Muhktar when a man sprayed corrosive liquid at them through the open window.

The thug[terrorist] then chased the pair as they tried to drive off but they lost control of the car and crashed into a fence, she said.

The acid burned their skin, clothes and parts of the car.

The cousins were left ripping off their clothes and begging passers-by for water.

Both were taken to hospital and have suffered 'life-changing' injuries, police said.

Ms Khan, who has aspirations to be a model, was left with damage to one eye and extensive burns.

Police are investigating the attack in Beckton, east London, last Wednesday, which Ms Khan said was completely unprovoked.

Relatives said last night they fear the attack was motivated by Islamophobia in the wake of recent terror attacks.

One told The Sun: "We do see it as a possible terror attack.

"Nobody in their right mind would just go and do something like that.

"It’s because they are Islamic."

Describing the attack, Ms Khan said: “The pain was excruciating. I was struggling to close the window.

"My cousin struggled to get us away."

"I saw my clothes burn away in front of me.

"He put his foot down as we were coming onto a dual carriage way but the pain took over and we crashed."

"We stripped off in the middle of the road, running around screaming and begging for water. We did this for 45 minutes. No ambulance came.”

Passers by helped the pair get to a nearby hospital before the ambulance or police arrived.

They have since been transferred to a specialist burns unit, but police say their injuries are ‘life changing’.

The suspect ran off after the attack and has not been caught.

Ms Khan, who had been due to start a new job, needed skin grafts on her face and burns across the whole of her body.

Her cousin also suffered serious burns he had to be put into an induced coma.

The student added: “I’m devastated.I keep wondering if my life will ever be the same.

"I feel as though I’m blessed to have my limbs and senses. But I loved my face and body.”

The Met Police said in a statement said: "Police were called at approximately 9.15am on June 21 to reports that two occupants of a car had been sprayed with a corrosive substance in Tollgate Road.

"The occupants, a man aged 37 and a woman aged 21, were assisted by members of the public and had been taken to an east London hospital prior to the arrival of police and the London Ambulance Service. Both victims have suffered burn injuries described as life-changing.

"It is believed the victims were inside a parked car when a man approached and threw a corrosive substance through the open window.

"The car made off pursued by the suspect on foot before it collided with a fence. The suspect made off.

"Officers from Newham and the Met's Territorial Support Group executed a warrant at an address in E16 on the afternoon of 21 June in connection with the incident.

"There were no arrests; enquiries continue."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...andom-10694100

Member Array

Muslim knocked unconscious by thugs who then vandalised his home with racist graffiti quoting Katie Hopkins' "final solution" tweet

The victim woke from the attack to find racist graffiti daubed on his walls which included "we need a final solution" - a phrase controversially tweeted by Hopkins in the wake of the Manchester terror attack

25 Jun 2017

A Muslim dad-of-three was knocked out by thugs before racist graffiti was daubed on his walls quoting a controversial Katie Hopkins tweet.

The 42-year-old victim, who wished to remain anonymous, was attacked from behind in his own home in Heckmondwike, Kirklees, West Yorks, while drilling a broken bathroom door handle.

Intruders struck him from behind with an unknown object on Wednesday morning which left him briefly unconscious, the Huddersfield Daily Examiner reported.

When he awoke, he found racist graffiti daubed on his walls which included "we need a final solution" - a phrase controversially tweeted by Katie Hopkins in the wake of the Manchester terror attack.

The tweet, which was deleted by the outspoken columnist, was condemned for referencing a Nazi term for the Holocaust.

The victim said: "My back was turned and I didn’t hear a single thing.

"A couple of minutes later I woke up with a sore head and I felt a bump on the back of it. Then the adrenaline kicked in.

"I knew someone must have hit me so I dialled 999. I wasn’t sure if they were still here because I hadn’t even checked downstairs yet.

"The police and ambulance were on their way so I made my way outside – that’s when I saw the graffiti on the walls above the staircase.

"I was in shock – I wondered if it was real."

He said the graffiti on one wall, which included a misspelt hashtag, read: “P**** out. We need a final solution #Machester.”

On the opposite wall there was more racist graffiti that the victim says police have asked him to keep private for risk of it being repeated by other fanatics.

The victim said: “I’ve lived here for six years now and I’ve no idea who would do this.

“All the neighbours are on high alert now. So I doubt they would try it again but you never know anyone’s level of stupidity.

“I can’t thank the police enough. They really took the situation seriously and I think it was because of all the recent terror-related incidents.”

He was evacuated from his house for two days while police investigated the crime scene.

The house, which is just off Little Green Lane, is less than a mile from the local Pakistan Islamic Centre and less than two miles from where Jo Cox was murdered by Thomas Mair last year.

The victim added that the windows and back door had been left open due to the mini-heatwave but nothing was stolen during the incident.

The married man, who works as an IT project manager, is currently suffering from a mild concussion.

Det Insp John Charlton, of Kirklees CID, said: “I would like to reassure the local community that offences of this nature are extremely rare. We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we have increased our patrols in the area.

“We are conducting extensive forensic enquiries in an effort to identify the person or people responsible and are continuing our enquiries locally.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-10684352.amp

Member Array

Muslim Woman Afraid to Leave Home After Car is Torched in Hate Crime Attack

By Ben Morgan - 6/26/2017

A Muslim looked on in horror as her car was deliberately set on fire in a hate crime attack.

The woman has been left afraid to leave her home
    in Basildon following the incident in which petrol was poured under the car before being set alight.

Police have confirmed that they are treating the attack as a hate crime after the victim told them it was religiously motivated because she is the only Muslim living in the street.

An Essex Police spokesman said a fire service investigation found the blaze was deliberate. Initial enquiries were carried out and officers from Basildon CID are now investigating.

Sidra Naeem, an Islamic adviser for Essex Police and the fire service, said the woman was now afraid to leave her home.

"Petrol was put under the car and it exploded in front of her eyes,"
    she said. "It was reported by a couple of people to the police, the fire brigade also know, all the neighbours know and the race hate panel was also notified.

"She was the only Muslim person in that whole row of houses. She hasn't come out of her house ever since - she's too scared and worried."

The attack happened at about 10.45pm on Wednesday, June 7.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Pudney said: "We will not tolerate hate crime in any form.

"If you are a victim of hate crime - whether that offence takes place online or in the street - it is important that you report that to us so we can help you.

"Anyone carrying out hate crime in any form will be dealt with robustly, investigated and prosecuted."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3572996.html

Muslim knocked unconscious by thugs who then vandalised his home with racist graffiti quoting Katie Hopkins' "final solution" tweet

The victim woke from the attack to find racist graffiti daubed on his walls which included "we need a final solution" - a phrase controversially tweeted by Hopkins in the wake of the Manchester terror attack

By Stephanie Finnegan - 25 Jun 2017

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, was attacked inside his own home

A Muslim dad-of-three was knocked out by thugs before racist graffiti was daubed on his walls quoting a controversial Katie Hopkins tweet.

The 42-year-old victim, who wished to remain anonymous, was attacked from behind in his own home in Heckmondwike, Kirklees, West Yorks, while drilling a broken bathroom door handle.

Intruders struck him from behind with an unknown object on Wednesday morning which left him briefly unconscious, the Huddersfield Daily Examiner reported.

When he awoke, he found racist graffiti daubed on his walls which included "we need a final solution" - a phrase controversially tweeted by Katie Hopkins in the wake of the Manchester terror attack.

The racist graffiti quoted words used in a tweet by outspoken columnist Katie Hopkins

The tweet, which was deleted by the outspoken columnist, was condemned for referencing a Nazi term for the Holocaust.

The victim said: "My back was turned and I didn't hear a single thing.

"A couple of minutes later I woke up with a sore head and I felt a bump on the back of it. Then the adrenaline kicked in.

"I knew someone must have hit me so I dialled 999. I wasn't sure if they were still here because I hadn't even checked downstairs yet.

"The police and ambulance were on their way so I made my way outside - that's when I saw the graffiti on the walls above the staircase.

"I was in shock - I wondered if it was real."

He said the graffiti on one wall, which included a misspelt hashtag, read: "P**** out. We need a final solution #Machester."

On the opposite wall there was more racist graffiti that the victim says police have asked him to keep private for risk of it being repeated by other fanatics.

The victim said: "I've lived here for six years now and I've no idea who would do this.

"All the neighbours are on high alert now. So I doubt they would try it again but you never know anyone's level of stupidity.

"I can't thank the police enough. They really took the situation seriously and I think it was because of all the recent terror-related incidents."

He was evacuated from his house for two days while police investigated the crime scene.

The house, which is just off Little Green Lane, is less than a mile from the local Pakistan Islamic Centre and less than two miles from where Jo Cox was murdered by Thomas Mair last year.

The victim added that the windows and back door had been left open due to the mini-heatwave but nothing was stolen during the incident.

The married man, who works as an IT project manager, is currently suffering from a mild concussion.

Det Insp John Charlton, of Kirklees CID, said: "I would like to reassure the local community that offences of this nature are extremely rare. We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we have increased our patrols in the area.

"We are conducting extensive forensic enquiries in an effort to identify the person or people responsible and are continuing our enquiries locally."

Anyone with information is urged to contact police via 101 quoting crime reference 13170282561

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-10684352.amp

Member Array

Never Forget - Murder of Sister Marwa

July 1, 2017

On this day (July 1st) in 2009, Sister Marwa El-Sherbini was stabbed to death by a white terrorist in a German court after he was being sued for insulting her for wearing the Hijab. She was three months pregnant at the time.

She was stabbed 18 times in front of her husband and child. Her husband tried to defend her but was also stabbed by the attacker and 'mistakenly' shot by the police.

#NeverForget

Member Array

CAIR-MN Seeks Hate Crime Probe of Assault on North Dakota Muslim

The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) today called on state and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate an alleged assault on a North Dakota Muslim as a possible hate crime.

CAIR said two men were arrested after reportedly beating the Somali-American Muslim victim early Sunday morning in Fargo, N.D. Police say three Muslim men were in a parking lot while moving into a nearby building when they were approached by two men unknown to them.

The suspected assailants, James Patrick Billiot, 32, and Justin William Rifanburg, 28, allegedly made derogatory remarks -- including reportedly shouting "f**king n**gers" -- before assaulting the Muslim victim, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

"Given the reported bias-motivated slurs used during the alleged assault, we ask local, state and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate this incident as a possible hate crime," said CAIR-MN Executive Director Jaylani Hussein.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....e-32117dcd2e5f
    https://www.cair.com/press-center/pr...ta-muslim.html

2 arrested after fight in south Fargo early Sunday

Jul 2, 2017

James Patrick Billiot Justin William Rifanburg

Two men were arrested after getting into a fight with and beating a third man in south Fargo early Sunday morning, July 2, a Fargo police spokesman said.

Police were called to the scene about 1:08 a.m., Sgt. Jim VanLith said.

According to preliminary police information on the incident:

Three men were in a parking lot in the 4000 block of 19th Avenue South moving into a building there. They were then approached by two men unknown to them.

The two men, later identified as James Patrick Billiot, 32, and Justin William Rifanburg, 28, allegedly made derogatory remarks to one of the trio that was moving. Witnesses said that shortly after, Billiot and Rifanburg assaulted the victim, VanLith said.

The victim, who was not identified, suffered non-life-threatening injuries, VanLith said.

VanLith did not known if the victim sought medical care at a local hospital.

Billiot and Rifanburg were arrested and taken to the Cass County Jail, where they were still incarcerated Sunday evening, a jailer said.

Neither Billiot or Rifanburg had a permanent address, VanLith said.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4292158-...o-early-sunday

comments:

Funny how this Islamophobic news-outlet covered up the identity of the Muslim victim and turned this assault into a fight.

Member Array

San Francisco Man Threatened to Shoot Muslim Woman in Hate Crime, Police Say

By Veronica Rocha – March 23, 2017

A San Francisco man was arrested on suspicion of threatening to shoot a woman wearing a hijab because she is Muslim, police said Thursday.

Joshua Ruano, 27, is being held on suspicion of making a criminal threat with a hate-crime enhancement, according to the San Francisco Police Department.

The woman and her toddler son were playing in a park just after 7 p.m. March 17 near the Mission District when Ruano approached her, police said in a written statement.

He made anti-Muslim comments and threatened to shoot her
    , according to the Police Department.

"The victim and her son fled the area to get away from the suspect," police said.

Police were notified about the threat and searched the area. They found Ruano several blocks away from the park. He was arrested and booked into the San Francisco County Jail.

Zahra Billoo, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations San Francisco Bay Area, said hate crimes targeting Muslims and those who are mistaken for Muslim are on the rise.

"This incident in San Francisco reminds all of us of the critical work to be done in our own communities to prevent hate crimes and protect each other," she said. "We applaud this woman who was targeted while with her child for bravely coming forward and hope it will encourage others to also seek help."

According to U.S. Department of Justice hate-crime statistics, reports of anti-Muslim crimes have increased 9.5 percentage points from 2010 to 2015.

Of the 1,354 religious hate crimes reported to the FBI in 2015 - the most recent year of reporting available - just over 22% targeted Muslims. The majority of religiously motivated hate crimes that year, or just over 51%, were described as being anti-Semitic.

In North Carolina this week, a Muslim mother in a hijab said a man pointed a long gun at her as she breast-fed her baby in her car at a shopping center, the Charlotte Observer reported.

CAIR has asked police to investigate that case as a possible hate crime.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...323-story.html

Member Array

'This Has To Stop': Woman Says She Was Target of Hate Speech, Threats

By Nina Moini - March 23, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) - Minneapolis police are investigating one woman's experience as the alleged target of hate speech and threats.

Monera Elidrissi was driving
    in Minneapolis's Uptown neighborhood Wednesday morning around 11 a.m. when she says a man and a woman began following and threatening her.

Elidrissi was running a quick errand near her family business, Uptown Eyeswear, with her 1-year-old son in the back seat.

"I noticed the same car was following me," Elidrissi said. "When I got to the place I was going, I started to park the car and they wouldn't let me park."

Elidrissi said she felt afraid but tried to keep calm for the sake of her son.

"I asked her, 'If you want to talk, we can just talk. I have a baby in the back,' and she said, 'I'm going to hit your car, and it is going to be your fault,'"
    Elidrissi said.

Elidrissi said the man and woman hurled obscenities and threats her way before eventually leaving.

"They said 'Why are you driving here? They should deport you to your country,'
    " Elidrissi described.

Elidrissi said the woman threatened to "rip off her face."

Elidrissi called Minneapolis police, who are investigating the case under the offense of terroristic threats.

Police are reviewing surveillance at nearby businesses, but Elidrissi and her husband, Younes, do not want to see the man and woman get in trouble.

The couple said they want the people involved to see the Elidrissi family beyond any kinds of labels.

They hope the hateful incident can lead to more conversation and unity among people of different backgrounds.

"This needs to stop," Monera Elidrissi said. "People need to be aware of it, and if people see people in a situation like that they need to step up and say something."

The Elidrissis said they worry about their American-born son's future.

"It is getting worse," Monera said in reference to hate speech and targeting of minority groups.

"We will teach our son love and understanding," Yousef Elidrissi said. "If people don't like you, you don't have to be like them; love them and hopefully they will come back to you."

The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that this is the second such incident in the span of one week in Minnesota.

This past Saturday, a Muslim woman wearing a hijab reported being followed and harassed by a man in Moorhead.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...n-hate-speech/

CAIR-MN Calls For Charges After Woman Reports Harassment Over Hijab

March 21, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) - The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is calling on authorities in northern Minnesota to charge a man for harassing a woman over her hijab.

Over the weekend, Fardoso Mohamed was shopping at a store in Moorhead when she says a man angrily told her to remove her headscarf.

"He was very close to me, and he was yelling very hard, very mad," Mohamed told Detroit Lakes Online, adding that it's not unusual for hijab-wearing women in the area to face harassment.

The man reportedly followed Mohamed through the store and confronted her again about her hijab. In response, Mohamed told the man her clothing was "none of his business."

A store employee eventually confronted the man, who later left the store. After, Mohamed reported the Saturday incident to police, who said that although the man was rude, he didn't break any laws.

CAIR-MN disagrees, saying in a new release Tuesday that it wants authorities to consider charges of stalking and harassment.

The man has yet to be identified.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...assment-hijab/

MN Watchdog Group Calls on Public to Fight Anti-Muslim Bigotry

March 24, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A Muslim civil rights group is calling on the broader public to help fight bigotry.

The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations is holding an event Saturday designed to get thousands of Minnesotans to stand up against hate.

CAIR-MN's Executive Director Jaylani Hussein says there have been two incidents in the last week of Muslim women being followed in Minnesota. He says Muslims can't fight hatred alone.

Those who attend Saturday's event will be given ideas for concrete actions they can take to help - such as taking a stand on social media or hosting community conversations.

About 1,200 tickets have been sold for Saturday's event, and Hussein anticipates that number will grow. The event kicks off a larger campaign to get 10,000 Minnesotans active in challenging bigotry.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...uslim-bigotry/

Member Array

Man Points Gun at Breastfeeding Muslim Mom and Threatened to Shoot Her

'I'm not going to sit here and let him shoot me,' Muslim mom recalls of terrifying Charlotte encounter

By Joe Marusak - March 22, 2017

A Charlotte Muslim mom said she feared for her life when a man pulled up to her car as she breastfed her baby at a northeast Charlotte shopping center this week, glared menacingly at her for several minutes and pulled out a long gun with the barrel pointed directly at her.

"Now I should get out of here," the woman recalled thinking. She clutched her baby and walked as fast as she could through the parking lot to an Indian store beside a Big Lots for help. The man in the newer-model red pickup sped off.

The woman recounted the terrifying episode in an interview with the Observer on Wednesday evening, after the nation's largest Muslim civil rights group called on police to investigate the case as a possible hate crime.

"We ask law enforcement authorities to use all resources available to apprehend the alleged perpetrator and to bring all appropriate charges, including that of ethnic intimidation," said Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations based in Washington, D.C.

The woman said she is a native of Pakistan
    who has lived in Charlotte for 11 years. She'd never encountered anything like what happened to her on Tuesday in the shopping center parking lot off University City Boulevard. She is in her early 30s, married with four children, she said.

She'd stopped at the shopping center for groceries at about 12:30 p.m., on the way home from a doctor's visit with her son, who was born premature on Feb. 9.

She said the driver is a white man in his 40s or 50s, and bald. He wore a cap or hat. The driver never spoke to her as he glared at her before getting out of the pick up and getting the rifle from beneath the back seat, she said.

That's when she decided to bolt.

"I'm not going to sit here and let him shoot me," she remembers thinking. "I took my baby in my arms and rushed toward the store."

She said he doesn't know if the driver followed her into the parking lot or whether he first noticed her in her Muslim attire, including hijab and abaya,
    when she got out of her car to breastfeed her crying baby in the back seat before going for groceries.

The Indian store owner, responding officers and "complete strangers" in the parking lot came to her aid, she said. "They were all very comforting to me," she said.

Police, she said, told her she did the right thing by heading away from the car and to the store. A police report of the incident was unavailable Wednesday. An officer at CMPD's front desk said a supervisor needs to sign off on the report before it's publicly released.

The woman said she's well aware of attacks on Muslims from the news but thought a threat would never happen to her.

"I'm thanking God for giving me the chance to see my kids again," she said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...140208923.html

National organization wants Charlotte investigation of threat against Muslim mother

By Ben Williamson - March 24, 2017

An attorney helping a Muslim mother, who police say was threatened with a rifle in the parking lot of a shopping center in the University City area, is asking authorities to investigate it as a hate crime.

They also have the support of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nations largest Muslim civil rights organization.

According to a police report and the mother herself, the woman was sitting in the parking lot of the India Grocers off of University City Blvd nursing her one-month-old child when a man pulled up next to her and pulled a rifle on her.

The attorney helping the woman said the mother didn't want to be identified because she is scared of backlash.

"She is kind of scared to come out and speak about it. I mean she is distressed, she is a mother and she is worrying about her young babies," said attorney Mujtaba Mohammed. "This victim can't even go to the grocery store without having to look over your shoulder."

The mother said she was nursing her child after grocery shopping. Mohammed confirmed that the mother was wearing a hijab or head scarf.

According to the mother, the man stared at her with a "menacing look" and then pulled out the rifle. She ran back inside with her child and had the owner of the grocer call police. When police arrived, the man was gone.

"He pulls out a rifle and the scary part is that he points it at her while she is sitting there in her car,"
    said Mohammed.

"We believe this person was staring at her based on her faith and ethnicity," said Ibrahim Hooper with CAIR. "North Carolina has a Ethnic Intimidation law and I think that would be appropriate in this situation."

Hooper says CAIR will be pushing authorities to do a full investigation.

For those that frequent that shopping plaza and grocer this situation only adds to the fears felt across the country.

"It is very scary and I am nervous now. I just have to be very careful," said Nidhi Mathur. "It is just really sad, I mean first we are humans and it does not matter what race we belong. What is happening is really not fair."

The only description provided in the police report was a white man in his 40's or 50's driving a red pick up.

"Absolutely, the Charlotte Muslim community and speaking with the victim would like this looked at as a hate crime," said Mohammed.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...140505268.html

Member Array

Muslim woman afraid to leave home after car is torched in hate crime attack

Ben Morgan
    Monday 26 June 2017

A Muslim looked on in horror as her car was deliberately set on fire in a hate crime attack.

The woman has been left afraid to leave her home in Basildon following the incident in which petrol was poured under the car before being set alight.

Police have confirmed that they are treating the attack as a hate crime after the victim told them it was religiously motivated because she is the only Muslim living in the street.

An Essex Police spokesman said a fire service investigation found the blaze was deliberate. Initial enquiries were carried out and officers from Basildon CID are now investigating.

Sidra Naeem, an Islamic adviser for Essex Police and the fire service, said the woman was now afraid to leave her home.

“Petrol was put under the car and it exploded in front of her eyes,” she said. “It was reported by a couple of people to the police, the fire brigade also know, all the neighbours know and the race hate panel was also notified.

“She was the only Muslim person in that whole row of houses. She hasn’t come out of her house ever since — she’s too scared and worried.”

The attack happened at about 10.45pm on Wednesday, June 7.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Pudney said: “We will not tolerate hate crime in any form.

“If you are a victim of hate crime — whether that offence takes place online or in the street — it is important that you report that to us so we can help you.

“Anyone carrying out hate crime in any form will be dealt with robustly, investigated and prosecuted.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3572996.html

Member Array

Mother launches legal action against school for banning her from wearing niqab on premises

A Muslim mother is taking legal action against her daughter’s school after a teacher told her that she could not wear the niqab on its premises, The Guardian reports.

Rachida Serroukh, 37, who is a mother of three, has launched a discrimination “test case” against the well-known Holland Park School in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea after she was told she could not wear the niqab on school premises.

Ms Serroukh is a devout Muslim who has worn the niqab for the past 14 years, was very happy when her 11-year-old daughter was offered a place at the prestigious school.

But when she attended a parents’ induction evening for new pupils at the school on Tuesday 13 June, she was surprised to be challenged over her decision to wear the niqab.

After a talk by the headteacher, Ms Serroukh – who is a qualified childcare assistant – was approached by a member of staff who requested to speak to her.

She was taken into a quiet room and told it was school policy not to allow the niqab on its premises.

Ms Serroukh told The Guardian: “I was already feeling uncomfortable because I had to leave my daughter standing on her own.

“As the teacher was female, I lifted my veil when we were talking together in the room.”

At first Ms Serroukh thought that the teacher had misunderstood and believed her daughter would be attending school in the niqab.

“I explained clearly that my daughter wears a headscarf and would not be coming to school in a face veil. Then I realised she was talking about me not my daughter,” she said.

Ms Serroukh requested numerous times to see the school policy which stipulated that visitors were prohibited from wearing a niqab, as she was aware that a friend who also wore a similar face veil had attended school functions since 2012 without encountering any issues.

She claims that the teacher then asked her to leave the school via the rear exit, but she refused, stating that she needed to collect her daughter and would be leaving through the school’s front entrance.

Ms Serroukh wrote to the school asking for clarification on the face veil prohibition.

Guidance from the Department for Education (DfE) states that it is up to individual schools to decide about whether staff and pupils can wear face veils, but states nothing about parents and visitors in general.

In an email from the deputy headteacher Mr Ross Wilson to Ms Serroukh on Wednesday 21 June, he confirmed that the school did not have an official policy prohibiting visitors wearing the niqab.

Mr Wilson wrote: “It has not been necessary to date for the school to have this requirement stated in written policy. Given the concerns you have raised, we are now considering a written amendment to our health and safety policy to include this specific requirement and will follow the normal protocol of seeking the approval of the governing body.”

On Wednesday 12 July, Ms Serroukh replied: “How are you able to justify banning the face veil for all which come onto school grounds? I had shown my face prior to coming onto school grounds therefore security cannot have been a cause for concern.”

The next day, Mr Wilson stated it was a “health and safety issue” to be able to identify people on school premises.

Ms Serroukh’s, Attiq Malik of Liberty Law Solicitors in Luton, said his firm had drafted a letter to Holland Park School because it was a “straightforward” test case of discrimination on religious grounds.

5Pillars contacted the school for comment but they have declined to respond.

Kensington and Chelsea redirected the enquiry to the school.

However, in one of Mr Wilson’s email, he referred to Ms Serroukh’s side of the story as “factually inaccurate”.

http://5pillarsuk.com/2017/07/20/mot...b-on-premises/