Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Member Array

Racist thugs are pulling scarves off Muslims' heads in Hull

Emma Hardy MP said Muslim constituents reported having their hijabs removed in public

A family is looking to move out of an inner-city block of flats in west Hull after being targeted by “abhorrent” anti-Muslim thugs.

Emma Hardy, MP for Hull West and Hessle, says she had been contacted by residents of the Great Thornton Street flats who reported having their religious scarves – known as hijabs – pulled off their heads in the street.

The family, who has asked not to be named, cited the incident in a recent meeting with the MP as one of the reasons why they want to be relocated to a new area of the city.

Ms Hardy said she regarded the removing of the head covering a “hate crime” against the Muslim faith.

"I have been contacted by residents of the Great Thornton Street flats, an inner-city tower block, who are being subjected to hate crime. Some of them are having their scarves pulled off their heads," said Ms Hardy during a speech in Parliament.

According to the definition on Hull City Council’s website, a hate crime is “any criminal act committed against a person or property that is motivated by the offender's hatred or dislike of people because of their gender status, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation”.

Justice minister Philip Lee, responding to the Labour MP’s comments, said the case incident was “awful” and said he “share[d] her abhorrence of such crimes”.

It comes after residents living in the west Hull flats told the Mail how they had seen revolting human mess in communal areas and even encountered a man unresponsive on the floor of the tower block lift with a needle sticking out of his bottom.

Ms Hardy said the concerns about the “blight” of antisocial behaviour at the Great Thornton Street flats had also been reported to her.

“They [the residents] are witnessing drug abuse and violence and even finding human faeces in the corners outside their homes,” she said.

The former teacher is calling for the Government to increase police funding so antisocial behaviour can be prioritised.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...uslims-1345742

Egyptian girl assaulted by 10 islamophobe christian British women in Nottingham dies

The family of Mariam Moustafa, the Egyptian girl who was assaulted by 10 British women in Nottingham, announced that she passed away on Wednesday evening after being critical condition for weeks.

According to a video shared by the 18-year-old’s family, the 10 women assaulted Mariam on a public bus, after she had been shopping in Nottingham city.

She was immediately rushed to Nottingham City Hospital following the attack where she suffered severe head injuries and passed away after a few days.

Egypt’s Minister of Immigration Nabila Makram confirmed that she has sent an official to follow up on the incident, and that the embassy is currently considering procedures to sue the hospital after several accusations of the facility being negligent in treating Mariam.

The accusations came following the hospital’s decision to send Mariam home despite her suffering severe cerebral hemorrhage, according to her family. She eventually died from severe bleeding in her brain.

In a video statement by her uncle, Amr el-Hariry, he said that the group of girls responsible for the attack had assaulted Mariam and her sister Malak four months prior as well.

“Two of the same girls who assaulted her four months ago, were involved in this incidemt,” Mariam's mother Nisreen said. “This is completely based on racism and discrimination because she didn't even know these girls.”

Speaking about the latest assault, el-Hariry said, “they started to beat her, kicking and punch her all over, she ran away but they chased after her. She didn't even know these girls. Mariam got a bus and ran on, and told the bus driver to not let them on because they were beating her but he said he couldn't do that.”

According to the family, a young man who was on the same bus came to Mariam’s rescue and was the one who rushed her to the hospital.

“I don't understand why he didn't help her from the start and why just one person stepped in to intervene. It’s disgraceful really,” el-Hariry said.

According to The Sun, a post-mortem examination is due to take place.

Egypt’s foreign affairs ministry spokesman, Ahmed Abu Zeid, said that the Egyptian Consul in London immediately contacted the father of the girl, and reported the developments of his daughter’s health condition.

He added that the Egyptian Consul and the embassy’s medical advisor went to Nottingham to meet with the student's family as well as the local authorities and the hospital’s management to consider what measures could be taken.

According to the Sun, a 17-year-old was arrested as a suspect in the case, but was released on conditional bail shortly after.

Nottinghamshire Police is urging anyone who witnessed the incident at the public bus station to come forward with any information.

Mariam was an engineering student at Central College in Beeston, and had just been accepted into a London university where she was due to continue her studies.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ish-women.html

Comments:

This was not a beating but a deadly assault with intent to kill. The islamophobe hospital also sent her home rather than doing a proper medical check up on her, especially after she complained of severe pain. And lastly, UK is very heavily surveillance with cctv cameras all over the place. And especially public transport buses have cameras on them, so how are they not able to identify these domestic terrorists ?

Member Array

Egyptian girl assaulted by 10 British women in Nottingham dies

16 March 2018

The family of
    Mariam Moustafa, the Egyptian girl who was assaulted by 10 British women in Nottingham, announced that she passed away on Wednesday evening after being critical condition for weeks.

According to a video shared by the 18-year-old’s family, the
    10 women assaulted Mariam on a public bus, after she had been shopping in Nottingham city.

She was immediately rushed to Nottingham City Hospital following the attack where
    she suffered severe head injuries and passed away after a few days.

Egypt’s Minister of Immigration Nabila Makram confirmed that she has sent an official to follow up on the incident, and that the embassy is currently considering procedures to
    sue the hospital after several accusations of the facility being negligent in treating Mariam.

The accusations came following the
    hospital’s decision to send Mariam home despite her suffering severe cerebral hemorrhage, according to her family. She eventually died from severe bleeding in her brain.

In a video statement by her uncle, Amr el-Hariry, he said that the group of girls responsible for the attack had assaulted Mariam and her sister Malak four months prior as well.

“Two of the same girls who assaulted her four months ago, were involved in this incidemt,” Mariam's mother Nisreen said. “This is completely based on racism and discrimination because she didn't even know these girls.”

Speaking about the latest assault, el-Hariry said,
    “they started to beat her, kicking and punch her all over, she ran away but they chased after her. She didn't even know these girls. Mariam got a bus and ran on, and told the bus driver to not let them on because they were beating her but he said he couldn't do that.”

According to the family, a young man who was on the same bus came to Mariam’s rescue and was the one who rushed her to the hospital.

“I don't understand why he didn't help her from the start and why just one person stepped in to intervene. It’s disgraceful really,” el-Hariry said.

According to The Sun, a post-mortem examination is due to take place.

Egypt’s foreign affairs ministry spokesman, Ahmed Abu Zeid, said that the Egyptian Consul in London immediately contacted the father of the girl, and reported the developments of his daughter’s health condition.

He added that the Egyptian Consul and the embassy’s medical advisor went to Nottingham to meet with the student's family as well as the local authorities and the hospital’s management to consider what measures could be taken.

According to the Sun, a 17-year-old was arrested as a suspect in the case, but was released on conditional bail shortly after.

Nottinghamshire Police is urging anyone who witnessed the incident at the public bus station to come forward with any information.

Mariam was an engineering student at Central College in Beeston, and had just been accepted into a London university where she was due to continue her studies.

Member Array

Houston Muslim woman stabbed by Islamophobe Domestic Terrorist yelling religious slurs

HOUSTON, Texas - A $5,000 reward is being offered to help catch the attacker who stabbed a Houston Muslim woman during a hate-filled attack.

According to the Houston chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Houston), the 25-year-old victim, who is white and wears an Islamic head scarf (hijab), says she was driving home early Thursday morning from her job as a nurse when her vehicle was almost sideswiped by a red SUV in northwest Harris County.

When the victim pulled over and got out of her vehicle to check for damage after the near accident, the attacker made a U-turn and pulled up behind the victim's vehicle.

The driver reportedly got out of his SUV and began shouting obscenities and racial and religious slurs such as, "Oh my God, it's a r**head," "It's an f***ing r**head," "sand n*****" and other derogatory terms.

She believes it was because she was wearing a hijab.

"She said a driver nearly sideswiped her," said Sobia Siddiqui, with the Houston office of the Council on American Islamic Relations. "She thought it was road rage."

The victim tried to get back in her vehicle, but the passenger side door was locked. At that point the attacker began waving a knife in the victim's face and then hit her with its handle on her shoulder and arms.

A man who was riding in the alleged attacker's SUV got out and tried to restrain him, but not before the woman was stabbed in the arm. The attacker's passenger reportedly convinced him to get back in his SUV and they left the scene.

The victim returned to the hospital where she works to have her injury treated.

The alleged attacker and the man who was with him are described as white males, 20 to 35 years of age. The alleged attacker had tattoos on his arms and neck.

"We hope that anyone who has information about this potentially deadly and apparently bias-motivated attack will immediately contact law enforcement authorities," said CAIR-Houston Executive Director Mustafaa Carroll.

Officials with the Harris County Sheriff's Office are investigating the case.

http://abc13.com/amp/muslim-woman-st...slurs/3309501/

Reward offered for information on the attack of a Muslim nurse, Deborah Wrigley reports.

Member Array

Belgium: Islamophobe terrorist attacks Muslim Teen

This thug violently attacked a 16-year-old Muslim girl during a school trip in #Ostend, #Belgium two weeks ago. He ripped off her #Hijab, punched her in the face and strangled her. Her friends intervened and fought him off, breaking his nose.

http://www.lacapitale.be/212869/arti...ophobe-ostende

Member Array

Police abuse Muslim Woman in France

"You wh*re, we had a good time! You're fat, you're ugly, nobody wants to f**k you, I bet you're single, huh? Answer me! See your veil there? I j**k off with it and I think about women like you j**k*ng off every night, and then your kids will be put into care."

These disgusting remarks were made by the Toulouse Police who violently arrested a Muslim woman in front of her young children for allegedly wearing the Niqab. Islam&Info and BarakaCity conducted an investigation and concluded that the Muslim woman was NOT wearing the Niqab.

Video of the brutal arrest:

http://viewpure.com/UL9cLzPrNHo?start=0&end=0

“It was the colonialist’s frenzy to unveil the [Muslim] woman. In this battle, the occupier was bent on unveiling…because there is in it the will to bring this woman within his reach, to make her a possible object of possession.” —
    Frantz Fanon, 1959

Member Array

Racist White Islamophobe domestic terrorist attacks Muslim woman unconscious at McDonald's

'Mummy was sleeping on the floor': Muslim woman knocked unconscious in "degrading" racist attack at McDonald's

Kellie Cooke, 33, mocked Hamman Hamood’s accent before hurling racist abuse at her and trying to pull off her headscarf in front of her terrified children

1 MAY 2018

A Muslim mother was knocked unconscious in front of her terrified young children in an "utterly degrading" racist attack at McDonald’s, a court heard.

Kellie Cooke, 33, told Hamman Hamood to 'go back to your own country' and tried to pull of her headscarf, a court heard.

A court was told that Cooke even shouted at the victim's four kids, one of who later told officers: "Mummy was sleeping on the floor".

Cooke had mocked Mrs Hamood’s accent before hurling racist abuse at her then knocking her to the floor, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Mum-of-three Cooke, of Fairfield, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault and a racially aggravated public order offence at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court today.

Ms Tomlinson said: “The next thing she can remember is waking up dazed.”

The court was told a witness flagged down a passing police community support officer who entered the restaurant and found Cooke hurling racist insults.

Cooke was arrested and later admitted the offence, but could offer no explanation.

Matthew O’Neill, defending, said his client had no previous convictions and the incident was “out of character.”

District Judge Wendy Lloyd, told Cooke she needed a pre-sentence report before passing sentence.

She said: “This must have been extremely frightening for these victims. As well as frightening, it was utterly degrading for her and her children who were no doubt going out for what they thought would be a lovely meal.”

Judge Lloyd adjourned the case until May 17 for a report to be prepared by the Probation Service, but told Cooke she could still commit it to the Crown Court for harsher punishment.

She said: “I’m not making any promises, imprisonment is certainly in no way being ruled out.”

Cooke was released on bail with conditions not to contact the victim.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...woman-12463371

comments:
    These racists have "no explanation" and it is part of their character not "out of character" for them, they are just showing their true colors. What else could defense say except come up with such lame excuses for this bigoted bimbo and her intolerant hatred.

Member Array

White Christian claiming to be Jesus Attacks Muslim Woman in Niqaab

Man 'tried to strangle female driver with her niqab' when she delivered him food

by Maya Oppenheim - May 9, 2018

video: https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/...7187206328838/

A female food delivery driver has claimed a customer tried to strangle her by grabbing her niqab.

Sonya King, who works for a restaurant delivery service called DoorDash, said she was making a delivery at a house in northwest Atlanta when Rick Painter assaulted her.

Ms King said he told her he would give her a cash tip as she headed towards the door.

"In the process of him going through his wallet, he said, 'Oh and by the way I'm Jesus'," she told local Channel 2 Action News.

She continued walking to the door when she claimed she felt the 54-year-old come from behind and grab her head scarf.

"He's grabbing me and trying to choke me with my own niqab. I kept telling that man I've got kids. In the midst of me fighting him, he's grabbing my head.
    He thought he was Jesus, but Jesus wouldn't do that to nobody,” she said.

According to the news station, she used her finger to poke his eye and her car keys to fight back.

"In the midst of me stabbing this man, he's saying, 'Aw this feels good'," Ms King said.

She added: "He seemed normal. Anybody would have went in.”

Police are said to have arrested Mr Painter after Ms King called 911.

"By the love of Allah, I knew he was not going to allow that man to kill a believer," Ms King said.

After medics treated Mr Painter’s injuries, authorities charged him with battery, according to the local channel.

A spokesperson for DoorDash said: "DoorDash takes the safety of its community extremely seriously for Dashers, consumers and merchants. We do not tolerate violence in any form.

“After learning of this incident, DoorDash took action to deactivate the consumer’s account pending a full investigation.

"DoorDash is prepared to cooperate with law enforcement to enable them to take swift, appropriate action."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-apos-...172907495.html

comments:

Her first mistake was going inside. Anyone in this business knows that you don't go inside but wait outside, and her being a Muslimah, and a niqabi at that, she should know better the Islamic rules of her not allowed to go inside since she would be alone with a stranger man.

She's fortunate that she could fight back and save herself, otherwise she could be dead now.

Member Array

Muslim woman in Niqab verbally abused by a bigot in California

In the video, which was shared on Twitter by journalist CJ Werleman, the caucasian man can be seen taunting two Muslim women wearing niqabs while standing in line at the cash register of a Riverside The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

“Is this Halloween or something?” the unidentified man asks them. One of the women fired back, asking him why he would say such hateful words. The man responds: “Because I want to.”

She adds that she is a Muslim, and further asks if he has an issue with her religion. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“I don’t like it, that’s why,” he continues. “I don’t like your religion, it says to kill me and I don’t want to be killed by you. How’s that?”

The man remarks that he’s “read enough” of the Quran to know what he’s talking about.

With their argument getting more and more heated, another customer speaks up to defend the Muslim women. “Get out of here! Get out of here you f—ing racist!” he shouts from the background.

The video then cuts to the man being asked to leave the premises, as the staff deny him service. When asked why they’re kicking him out, the supervisor of the establishment replied, “He is disrupting a public place and being very racist.”

“The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is fully committed to ensuring the wellness and safety of its customers, team members and business,” The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf said in a statement. “We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination of any kind, and have the right to refuse service to any person who makes customers or team members feel endangered in any way.”

https://pulptastic.com/coffee-shop-bigot/

comments:

when service manager refuses service to him he runs out like a dog he is with his tail between his legs seeing that no one wanted trash in there. If everyone starts standing up like this against these cowardly bigots, they would think twice before opening their hateful mouths.

https://vimeo.com/269330500

Member Array

Berlin court bars Muslim teacher from wearing headscarf
    9 May 2018

A Muslim primary school teacher has lost her bid to overturn a law banning the wearing of religious clothing by public servants in Berlin.

The Berlin labour court judge ruled that the city-state's neutrality law for teachers, police and court officials was constitutional.

Germany's 16 states have differing laws on headscarves in schools.

Three years ago Germany's constitutional court overturned a blanket ban on teachers wearing them.

The federal court cited religious freedom, although civil servants across Germany are barred from covering their faces. The full face-veil is not allowed on a national level but the hijab is.

Germany's patchwork laws on headscarves

Since the 2015 federal ruling each state has devised its own rules for Muslim teachers.

The teacher in Berlin worked at the primary school for only a day before being assigned to a college where she was allowed to wear the headscarf.

And the headscarf issue has become controversial in several German states.

Police were called in recently when a head teacher at a primary school in the state of Hesse provoked a storm of abuse. She had written to parents telling them that wearing headscarves and other coverings was not allowed in the classroom.

In Bremen, in the north west, teachers are allowed to wear headscarves, while in North Rhine-Westphalia the issue is decided on a case-by-case basis. The western state is proposing a ban on girls under 14 wearing headscarves in schools.

The Berlin case has prompted widespread reaction in the German capital.

Wednesday's ruling has been welcomed by the founder of Berlin's liberal mosque, Seyran Ates, who has campaigned to keep religious symbols out of schools.

But Zeynep Cetin of the Network Against Discrimination and Islamophobia argued that the ruling was like a professional ban on the female teacher involved.

Berlin Mayor Michael Müller has expressed his support for Berlin's neutrality law but a Green party politician said he wanted it changed.

A Muslim teacher won a separate case in Berlin last year, when the same labour court ruled that a school had broken anti-discrimination laws by refusing her a job. The school had been unable to prove that the headscarf was a "threat to peace at the school".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44061723

Comments:

Liberal mosque? more like hypocrites who deny the verses of the Quran commanding to wear the hijab.

Headscarf row: German university lecturer 'humiliates' Muslim

27 October 2017

A row has erupted in Germany after a university lecturer told a Muslim woman she should remove her headscarf.

Professor Gisela Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet has been accused of "discrimination" after asking everyone at the University of Würzburg lecture to take off their headwear.

The professor argued this should include the Muslim woman, because the lecture hall was a secular space.

But she says she did not insist that the headscarf be removed.

Instead, a university spokesman told BR24 [in German] that Professor Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet had launched into a discussion of equality between men and women, before expressing her personal disapproval.

The spokesman added that she "regrets the excitement and misunderstanding" which arose from her opinion.

Green Youth Würzburg reported [in German] that a number of students walked out in protest and solidarity with the 19-year-old woman, who is of Turkish origin but has not been named.

The students, who were attending a lecture on international relations, cited the right to religious freedom.

"We feel the professor's behaviour was a public humiliation," Green Youth Würzburg committee member Magdalena Bachinger said. "The headscarf is part of an individual religious exercise."

The University of Würzburg said there were no rules prohibiting students wearing a headscarf.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41780436

Comments: As always, there's always some "miscommunication" or "misunderstanding" when these bigots don't get their way and get called out for their islamophobic whining. How are you going to teach International relations class when you are so pathetically ignorant about international religions and customs?

Member Array

Illinois Library Art Exhibit Encouraging Hate Crimes Against Muslim Women

4/22/2018

The Chicago office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Chicago), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today called on the Aurora Public Library in Aurora, Ill., to investigate how a "satirical" panel came to be included in an art display even though it appeared to encourage hate crimes against Muslim women, and to reflect on lessons learned for the future.

The panel included
    a poem, titled "Every kid should be like my kid and snatch a hijab," with lines like, "Hijab to me means jihad so keep that sh*t out of the country I love."

CAIR-Chicago yesterday sent a letter to the library requesting removal of the exhibit. In a statement, CAIR-Chicago Executive Director Ahmed Rehab argued that while the intent may have been satire, the hate poem is presented to the public without any context - intent or otherwise - and is thus indistinguishable from
    bare-naked incendiary hate speech that promotes violence against women and children.

This, coupled with the fact that in the current environment Muslim women face actual incidents of assault and Muslim kids face regular incidents of bullying, simply for being Muslim. Add to all this that
    this poem then greets them in a library of all places, a supposed safe space, and you can see why the public was as appalled as it was.

A statement subsequently posted on social media by the library said in part: "While the intent was satirical according to the poet, we are aware that this is not the message the panel is sending to our community. . .we will remove the panel before we open for business tomorrow."

SEE: Library's Statement and Image of Poem

“The library did the right thing by deciding to remove this 'poem,' that on face-value encourages violent hate crimes, but the
    public still wishes to know how such a blatantly out-of-touch decision was made in the first place. We request an investigation into how and why it came to be included in the art exhibit, and call for steps moving forward to regain the trust of families who were made to feel unwelcome and unsafe" said CAIR-Chicago Executive Director Ahmed Rehab.

Rehab urged the library to avoid such gaffes in the future by consulting with and including the voices of any group of people in our midst who are being conversed about whether Muslims, Native Americans, Blacks or anyone else. “If you wish to talk about someone or even for someone, first talk to them. We are all here and part of every community and willing to sit at any table.”