Welcome to the Net Muslims Forums.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    islamirama.wordpress.com Array

Dutch parliament approves partial burqa ban in public places

Law receives overwhelming support in lower house of Dutch parliament

MPs in the Netherlands have voted overwhelmingly in favour of a ban on wearing face-covering Islamic veils in some public places, including schools, hospitals, government buildings and on public transport.

The rule – which will outlaw all face coverings including ski-masks and helmets – was approved by 132 members of the 150-seat house.

It will now go before the Senate, where it must be approved before becoming law.

Few women in the Netherlands wear Islamic veils – such as the niqab and burqa – but the issue has been hotly debated for years.
    Under the law, the burqa could still be worn on the streets. But an outright ban is one of the central demands of the anti-Islam opposition Freedom Party, which is leading in polls ahead of parliamentary elections in March.

Freedom Party founder Geert Wilders called the limited ban, "a step in the right direction", adding that he will push for a complete ban if his party is elected next year, The Associated Press reported.

"Face-covering clothing will in future not be accepted in education and healthcare institutions, government buildings and on public transport," the government said in a statement last year after the cabinet backed Interior Minister Ronald Plasterk's bill.

It said it had "tried to find a balance between people's freedom to wear the clothes they want and the importance of mutual and recognisable communication."

The ban only applies "in specific situations where it is essential for people to be seen" or for security reasons, Prime Minister Mark Rutte told journalists at the time.

"The bill does not have any religious background," he added. Those caught flouting the ban can be fined up to 405 euros (£343).

The Netherlands joins several other European countries that have introduced restrictions on Islamic veils, despite numerous challenges from those who say the laws restrict religious expression.

Surveys have found that only a few hundred women in the Netherlands wear the burqa, most of them only occasionally.

France introduced a ban on women wearing the burqa in 2010, resulting in only a handful of arrests since then.

The European Court of Human Rights last year supported the French ban, rejecting arguments that banning veils breached religious freedom. [birds of a feather...]

Under the French legislation, women wearing full-face veils in public spaces can be fined up to 150 euros (£127).

Belgium and some parts of Switzerland have followed France's lead and similar bans have been considered in other European countries.

Under a Bulgarian law, introduced this year, women who wear a burqa or niqab face a fine of €770 (£665) and benefit sanctions.
    The move was condemned by Amnesty International as "part of a disturbing trend of intolerance, xenophobia and racism in Bulgaria".

The Norwegian government is considering banning the burqa from schools and universities, despite there being few women who wear face-covering Islamic dress in the country.

Senior politicians in Germany have also hinted at the possibility of a similar ban, while a recent YouGov poll revealed around 57% of the British public would be in favour of the government outlawing the burqa.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dutch-burqa-veil-ban-holland-votes-for-partial-restrictions-some-public-places-a7445656.html

Muslim woman pushed down NYC stairs, called "terrorist"

NEW YORK -- A New York City transit worker who is Muslim was pushed down the stairs at Grand Central Terminal by a man who called her a terrorist, authorities said.

The assault took place on Monday morning as the victim, 45, was heading to work on the subway, CBS New York reported. The suspect followed her off the train and shoved her down the stairs, police said.

Sources told CBS New York the suspect allegedly called the victim a “terrorist” and said she shouldn’t be working in the city. She was wearing a Muslim head covering at the time of the assault, and was treated at a Manhattan hospital for ankle and knee injuries.

Authorities say a good Samaritan intervened, and police are looking for the man who committed the crime.

The assault marked the latest in a string of incidents in which Muslim women were seemingly attacked because of their faith. On Saturday, a man harassed and threatened an off-duty police officer who was wearing a Muslim head covering in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, authorities said.

The officer, Aml Elsokary, had encountered a man who was yelling and pushing her 16-year-old son. She tried to intervene, according to police.

Police said the suspect, 36-year-old Christopher Nelson, said to her, “ISIS [expletive], I will cut your throat, go back to your country,” CBS New York reported.

Nelson was arrested on charges of menacing as a hate crime and aggravated harassment in the case, the NYPD said on Monday. He was arraigned and bail was set at $50,000.

In another incident, a young woman wearing a Muslim head covering was harassed while riding the subway on Thursday.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he has asked the MTA, State Police and Division of Human Rights to work with the NYPD to investigate Monday’s incident and other recent hate crimes in the transit system. On Saturday, swastikas were found scrawled inside a train. Last week, KKK fliers and business cards were distributed at two Long Island Rail Road stations, Cuomo’s office said.

“The work of the Hate Crimes Task Force has never been more urgent and we will continue to crack down on this type of criminal behavior,” Cuomo said in a statement on Monday. “I wish a speedy recovery for the victim, and want to let her know we are seeking justice for her and for all New Yorkers.”

Cuomo’s statement came as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio decried the alleged harassment of the Muslim officer over the weekend.

“I was sick to my stomach when I heard that one of our officers was subjected to threats and taunting simply because of her faith,” de Blasio said on Monday.

Hate crimes have been on the rise across the country, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The organization, which specializes in civil rights, said in mid-November there were at least 700 cases of hateful harassment or intimidation since the presidential election.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-w...led-terrorist/

'Hero' Muslim cop, her son harassed by bigot in Brooklyn who shouted 'I will cut your throat'

By Rocco Parascandola - December 4, 2016

A Muslim off-duty NYPD officer, hailed by the mayor as a hero, and her 16-year-old son became the city's latest hate crime victims Saturday when a bigot in Brooklyn yelled at them to "go back to your country," police sources said.

Officer Aml Elsokary, who was off duty and wearing her hijab, dropped off her 16-year-old on Ridge Blvd. and 67th St. in Bay Ridge just before 6 p.m., the sources said.

After parking her car, she returned to the scene to find her son being shoved by the suspect, a white man in his 30s.

When the officer - a native New Yorker - approached, the man said, "ISIS (expletive), I will cut your throat, go back to your country!"

Elsokary did not identify herself as a police officer, and was unarmed.

The suspect then fled the scene. Cops were trying to track him down Saturday night. The NYPD Hate Crimes Unit is probing the episode as a bias incident.

Officer Elsokary - who proudly wears her hijab on duty in the 90th Precinct - was touted as a hero after she ran into a burning building to save an elderly man and baby girl in April 2014.

Responding to a call about a fire over the police radio, Elsokary and her partner rushed to a smoke-filled building on Scholes St.

After hearing a baby crying on the second floor, Elsokary - a mother-of-five - rushed up the stairs, used her jacket to pry open a scorching-hot doorknob and grabbed the frightened child.

She also scooped up the baby's spooked grandmother and rushed them to safety.

But "Officer Elsokary was a hero long before that remarkable day," said Mayor de Blasio at a 2014 dinner at Gracie Mansion celebrating Ramadan Iftar, the end of the annual Ramadan fast.

The decorated officer had joined the force shortly after the Sept. 11 terror attacks to "show people that the terrible acts of that day contradicted the teachings of Islam," the mayor said.

"As both a Muslim and a native New Yorker, she knew she needed to get involved," de Blasio said.

The mother-of-five received a medal for her bravery.

After answering her door in Bay Ridge Saturday night, she politely declined to speak with a reporter.

Saturday's incident became the latest in a growing list of bias crimes across the city since Trump's election.

On Thursday night, three drunk white men repeatedly screamed "Donald Trump!" and hurled anti-Islam slurs at Baruch College student waiting for a No. 6 train at 23rd St. and Park Ave.

No arrests have been made in that case.

Cops said from Nov. 8 through Nov. 27, there were 34 reported incidents compared to 13 in the same period in 2015.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/hero-muslim-son-harassed-bigot-brooklyn-article-1.2897687

NYC Mayor News Conference

NYC Mayor de Blasio blasts Trump for a spike in hate crimes after a Muslim-American policewoman was attacked.

video: https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...4035914737917/

readers' comments:

Where were the " Blue Lives Matter" folks? Oh, she is minority and she is Muslim and in addition to that she is a woman and for that reason she is not part of the "Blue family". The blue family are only white officers.

'Attacker arrested after brutally kicking innocent woman down flight of stairs in Berlin'

POLICE have arrested a man after footage of a horrifying attack which showed an attacker kick a woman down a flight of stairs in a Berlin subway shocked the world.

The video caused outrage and was reported widely as the woman was seen being followed by a group of men before she was booted in the back down a flight of stairs.

Officers have arrested one of the men they believe was in the company of the group when the incident took place and have been interrogating him.

Around ten people are thought to have contacted the police after watching the savage clip attempting to identify the men in the footage.

It is believed that police have not managed to arrest the man who actually booted the woman down the stairs but instead have captured one of his companions.

According to officers, the 26-year-old woman was taken to hospital with a broken arm after the attack, which was completely unprovoked.

Police have not released the identity of the woman who was hurt in the attack that took place in October.

A number of people, including a businessman have offered a cash reward to anyone who could identify the men after the shock of watching the horrid CCTV footage.

Captured at the metro station HermannstraBe, the attacker was with a group of men who stood back and watched the incident unfold.

A man with a beer in one hand and smoking a cigarette follows the poor victim before attacking her for no reason.

The woman was kicked straight in the back as she was only half way down a stair case where she landed face first on the rock hard floor.

With his companions, the man simply walked away from the vicious boot as the woman was left hurt, sprawled out on the floor.

Another woman rushed to the victims aid at the end of the clip before she went to hospital.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-footage-viral

Comments: Barbaric uncivilized filthy animals, what more can you say about such trash?

Muslim woman shoved to ground and dragged along pavement in 'sickening' attack in busy street

She was left lying on the floor for almost 20 minutes after the attack by two white men

A young Muslim woman was knocked down and dragged along the pavement by her hijab in a “sickening” attack in a busy shopping precinct.

The woman had been visiting a friend at a hair salon when two white men approached her from behind and tried to remove her headscarf.

The 27-year-old was forced to the ground and dragged for several metres by her hijab in Hall Lane in Chingford Mount, north London.

Witnesses say she was left lying on the floor for almost 20 minutes before managing to dial 999 and limp to a Turkish restaurant.

Paramedics attended and treated her for back injuries before taking her to hospital.

A waiter at the Fes restaurant said: “The poor girl was shaking like a leaf, we had to sit her down and give her water before she could speak.

She told us two white guys shoved her then dragged her along the floor by her headscarf and left her on the pavement. She was having a panic attack when we saw her and could barely breathe.

“It’s sickening that people can do this.”

Hussan Bukhari was dining in the Turkish restaurant when the visibly “distraught woman” was carried inside by two waiters.

He told the Standard: “She was absolutely terrified and in tears.

She had back surgery last month and was really worried it was damaged again as she couldn’t walk by herself.

“She said ‘They took nothing from me, not my phone, not my bag. They just thought they could get away with it. I thought this area was safe.’

“As a Muslim myself, that could have been my mother or sister who was carried in so I felt really protective of her.”

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said officers were investigating the incident, said to have taken place just after 8.30pm on Wednesday.

Latest figures from Scotland Yard show reports of Islamaphobic hate crime have risen by almost two-thirds in the past 12 months, up from 844 to 1,335.

"And that most of the perpetrators are male, ahead between 13-35. Anti-Muslim hate at a street level must be seen as male on female abuse."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7479766.html

"Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad) till you follow their religion..."
    (Quran 2:120)

"They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise! " (Quran 85:8)

Homeless Bum throws coffee in Muslim woman’s face at Dunkin’ Donuts and calls her a terrorist

A homeless man threw hot coffee at a Muslim woman before hitting her and calling her a “terrorist” at a branch of Dunkin’ Donuts in New York, US authorities said.

Nathan Gray, 34, allegedly told his 21-year-old victim he “hated Muslims” before threatening to kill her.

He has been charged with assault as a hate crime, police said.

The New York Daily News reported that Mr Gray walked into the fast food store in mid-town Manhattan on Sunday afternoon and asked for a cup of coffee.

A store employee, who did not want to be named, told the paper that on paying for his coffee the 34-year-old allegedly sat next to group of Muslim women and started shouting at them, calling them “terrorists”.

The women reportedly tried to ignore him but he continued shouting.

She said: “One woman called him ‘stupid.’ So he threw his hot coffee in her face.

“It was hot, hot coffee. She could have been burned. Then he swung his bag at her and it hit her in the face.”

The woman then ran outside where Mr Gray put her in a headlock.

Emergency services were called to the scene and Mr Gray was arrested. The victim reportedly refused medical attention.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...-a3424011.html

Comments:

Attitude like that, no wonder this bum is a failure in life.

Saudi Women Reject US Claim They are Oppressed

23 June 2016

Several Saudi women have rejected claims by the US State Department that women are oppressed in the Kingdom, with daily discrimination experienced socially and in the workplace.

The claims were rejected by Lina Almaeena, founder and CEO of Jeddah United Sports Company, who said: “Women have gone through transformation all around the world, including the US, where (at one time) they could not vote or run in the Boston Marathon.”

“We (Saudi society] are evolving and we have come a long way, as now women are part of the Shoura Council (Consultative Assembly). It was unthinkable in the past. Change is a process and it is coming to Saudi Arabia,” she said in an interview with Voice of America.

Allen Keiswetter, a scholar at Washington’s Middle East Institute, agreed with the notion that change was coming to Saudi Arabia with regard to women’s rights but that it was slow. Access to education would increase opportunities for them, he was quoted as saying.

Thuraya E. Al-Arrayed, a member of the Shoura Council, told VoA that women have power in the consultative body. “The reports of all ministries that should go to the ministers, and then to the king, come to us. We read these reports carefully and see whether we agree with what they ask for. The decision of the king is based on what we advise.”

Ghadah Al-Ghunaim said many Westerners look at a women’s veil as a sign of discrimination but this was wrong. She said the veil, whether worn for religious or traditional reasons, was a sign of respect, and that the Virgin Mary wore the hijab.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/943696/saudi-arabia

comments:

The westerners always try to say that women in the East are denied education. Women in the East and West are getting more higher education than men. In Saudi, there are more women who are college graduates than men, there are more women with Ph.ds than men. The education disparity is so great that there are a million plus single women past the age of 30 who can't find someone to marry them because they wasted their youth on secular education instead of getting married early.

Safia
    I am from northern Europe. I am often harassed by individuals on the street. I was hunted by a big loose dog and ran out on the road without looking while 6 months pregnant and afterwards when the owner had caught it I was told it was not strange it hunted me since I do not look normal. I am constantly being treated unprofessionally while for example seeking medical treatment. All of this and more because I myself choose to wear the niqab, as a convert before being married (i.e no one could have "forced" me) All of this in a country proud of being "the best country in the world for women". So where are MY rights? The truth is, in my opinion something very different, and I know because I have lived with the natives as a native. Islamic values are the best of values for women. Even if the whole world would turn on Saudi Arabia for sticking to islamic values know that the whole world would be wrong and that Allah never forgets.

Saleh kaabi
    It's not a matter of women rights and how they are oppressed. US doesn't care at all. What US wants is to see a Saudi woman in the street naked and easily picked up by any person. Women in my country are having their rights of work and education. They themselves always approve it and they aren't in need of anyone else to defend on them cuz Islam is a fair religion. Thanks Allah we are muslims and were born muslims to muslim parents and country

Saudi Muslim Girl Student Stabbed in US

Nov 30, 2015

Amid a surge in Islamophobic incidents of violence in the United States following the Nov. 13 Paris terror attacks, a Saudi girl student wearing her hijab was stabbed by two assailants[christian terrorists] at a bus station in Hackensack city in the state of New Jersey.

The condition of the girl is stable, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday, quoting a statement from the Saudi Consulate in New York and Cultural Attaché at the Saudi Embassy in Washington.

The student, who is pursuing higher studies at her own expense, was rushed to the emergency section of a local hospital.

Later, she was discharged from the hospital.

“A team from the consulate visited the girl. The consulate is in constant contact with the cultural and social affairs department at the attaché with regard to the incident,” the statement said, adding that the Saudi Embassy has deputed a local team of lawyers to pursue legal measures, in coordination with the local police, to bring the culprits to justice.

Last year Nahid Almanea, 31, was stabbed to death
    in Colchester, Essex, in a racially motivated attack.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ara...stabbed-in-us/

Brooklyn man busted for snatching Muslim woman's hijab, shouting 'Muslims are not supposed to be driving!'

BY John Annese - December 7, 2016

A case of road rage took a hateful turn in Brooklyn, where a man yanked off a 22-year-old Muslim woman’s hijab, police said Wednesday.

“Muslims are not supposed to be driving,” Michail Isakharov, 40, yelled at the woman at the corner of Ave. C. and Ocean Parkway in Kensington about 9 a.m. on Nov. 14.

Isakharov bellowed his hateful message at Gehad Elsayed after cutting the woman off and getting out of his own car, police said.

Elsayed first encountered Isakharov several blocks away, and she thought he just wanted to pull into her lane on Ocean Parkway.

“All of sudden I notice someone staring at me,” she told the Daily News. She changed lanes to make room, but he followed her, block by block, then cut in front of him, inches from her car.

“And then he gets out of the car,” she said. “He starts yelling, “You Muslims don't drive for a reason! Muslims aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia! Trump is now president, you guys are gonna be moved out of here sooner or later!’”

She pulled out a phone and snapped a picture of both Isakharov and his vehicle, and that enraged him further, police said.

He grabbed her work phone out of her hand and threw it to the ground, and when she tried again with her personal phone, he reached into her car and yanked off the bottom part of her hijab, she said.

He then got back into his black Nissan Pathfinder and drove off.

Elsayed gave the photos to police, and on Wednesday, cops arrested Isakharov, charging him with aggravated harassment and criminal mischief as a hate crime.

As of Monday, the city had seen 34 hate crimes since Nov. 8 — more than double the same period last year.

The city has seen a 35% rise in hate crimes, up 361 incidents this year from 267 in 2015, O’Neill said.

Bias-related arrests also doubled, to 151. Isakharov’s bust comes a day after NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill asked the public’s help stopping a surge of hate crimes since the presidential election.

“I was born originally in Lutheran Hospital in Brooklyn,” said Elsayed, whose parents are of Egyptian and Turkish descent. “When you speak to me, there's nothing different from me and you.”

She lives in Queens and works as a finance manager for a Brooklyn car dealership, she said, graduated with a double major in psychology and business from the College of Staten Island.

Elsayed think’s the election, and Trump’s win, has emboldened racists.

“It's become very common and very normal. It's not now once in a blue moon, it's now twice a day in different cities of states,” she said.

On Tuesday, police released a sketch of a man who attacked a Muslim MTA worker wearing a hijab at Grand Central Terminal on Monday morning.

Cops arrested Christopher Nelson, 36, of Bay Ridge, on Sunday for allegedly threatening Alm Elsokary, an off-duty cop wearing a hijab in Brooklyn a day earlier, calling her an “ISIS b---h,” and threatening to cut her throat.

Police have yet to make arrests in another incident last Thursday, when three white men taunted an 18-year-old Muslim woman on an uptown No. 6 platform at 23rd St. and Park Ave.

Yasmin Seweid, a Baruch College student, said the men, who were drunk, shouted “Donald Trump,” called her a terrorist and told her to take the “rag” off her head.

Seweid was also wearing a hijab.

They kept screaming Trump’s name at her during the train ride, she told the Daily News, and then said, “Oh look, a (expletive) terrorist” and yelled, “Get the hell out of the country!... You don’t belong here!”

They then tried to pull off her hijab, she said. Seweid got off the train at Grand Central and reported what happened to police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2902462

Please Keep Your American Flags Off My Hijab

23 January 2017

Preface: To be honest with you, I was having trouble putting this piece into words just because I haven't been able to sit with my thoughts since the inauguration. Everything seems to have hit me at once and I'm still working through processing the madness.

So please bear with me through this mess of jumbled thoughts.

~

From all the photos these past few days filling our social media feeds of white people with red hats and white women with pink beanies with ears (p.s. don't forget more white women voted for Trump than any other racial group), people holding signs of cheetos, and enough pro-Hillary slogans to make this Muslim woman of color uncomfortable, there was one particularly striking image that was consistently shared and re-shared and praised by the "left."

The American-flag-clad Hijabi woman illustrated in the trademark style of of Obama's "hope" poster is not short of striking.
    But maybe not for the right reasons.

As this is a fashion blog of sorts, let's dissect this #ootd.

Photo: "We the People" series by Shepard Fairey

Never forget that fashion is inherently and deeply political, that symbols are infinitely meaningful, and that harm can occur through both.

How are we able to hold up signs of Muslim women wearing the American flag and chant slogans of supposed solidarity while drones carrying the same flag killed our Muslim family in Yemen at the exact same moment and we said nothing?

While the women's march was making history, the new administration was already repeating it.
    Did you even know that Trump has already administered drone strikes? Of course not.
    You were not supposed to know.
    You are only supposed to hold our silent faces wrapped in the cloth that has suffocated our voices.
    Anyway, it's more peaceful that way, isn't it?

Next time you are thinking about sharing this image, wheat-pasting it on an old wall, saving it as your desktop background, or waving it above your head and pledging your solidarity:

1. Know that a hijab-wearing Muslim woman did not make this image. Actually, a woman didn't make this image at all. It was created by a white man: Shepard Fairey, artist & founder of the clothing brand OBEY, created this image from a photograph taken by Muslim-American photographer Ridwan Adhami. Were we unable to uplift the work of Muslim women instead? Are our images only able to be consumed when they are white-washed and sanitized?

2. Know that the hijab--for *me* at least--represents a rejection of materialism, of capitalism, of euro-centric beauty standards (among other significance) and draping an American flag over it erases almost everything the hijab means to me.

3. Know the American flag represents oppression, torture, sexual violence, slavery, patriarchy, and military & cultural hegemony for people of color around the world whose homes and families have been destroyed and drone-striked by the very person/former president whose campaign images this one seeks to replicate.

4. Know that the 50 stars represent 50 states where indigenous people were forcibly removed and systematically cleansed and assimilated
    -- and that you cannot hold this flag in one hand and tweet #NoDAPL with the other.

5. Know that patriotism is not a form of liberation, but is inherently oppressive. Especially given the violent history of the birth of this country--and all others like it--on the backs of Black slaves (many of whom were Muslim) and indigenous genocide. Trump's presidency is the logical outcome of the racist systems and institutions of white supremacy that this country was built on and this flag represents.

6. Know that Muslims are tired of having to "prove" they are American.
    But also, know that one does not need to be American to deserve respect, humanity, dignity, equality, rights, and freedom from hate and bigotry. An over-emphasis on being American as a prerequisite of deserving respect is harmful for immigrants and refugees. Especially under the new administration that already has plans of "extreme vetting" to prove American-ness. This is only pushing their agenda further. Also, see number 5.

7. Know that if the only time you are comfortable uplifting Muslim woman is when her image has been crafted by a white man and is draped in the American flag, I cannot call you my ally.

I understand the good intentions, but my liberation will not come from framing my body with a flag that has flown every time my people have fallen.
    And I hope yours will not either.

quick note I: please know that Muslim women also have different relationships to symbols (be it a hijab or flag) and that I do not want to shame any Muslim woman for draping an American flag over her head or take that choice away for her to do so. Your bodies are your own, although your choices may still have an effect on a larger community. (See point 6).

quick note II: while I did not walk in the women's march, I do think it was very important, despite having massive valid critiques. I encourage everyone who marched to do so again for Black lives and for Indigenous resistance and for immigrant justice and for trans rights and for international solidarity. Please continue to stay engaged. Please continue to learn and grow, as we all have so much room to do so. Please do not let it be your last act of resistance. Please feel comfortable reaching out.

http://www.joojooazad.com/2017/01/ke...hijab.html?m=1

White extremist terrorize and attacks female Muslim airline employee at JFK

Massachusetts man is accused of attacking a Muslim airline employee at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, allegedly kicking and shouting obscenities at the woman and telling her that President Donald Trump "will get rid of all of you," authorities said.

The Queens District Attorney's Office said Robin Rhodes, of Worchester, had arrived from Aruba and was awaiting a connecting flight to Massachusetts Wednesday night when he approached Delta employee Rabeeya Khan, who wears a hijab, while she was sitting in her office.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said Rhodes came up to the door and went on a profanity-laced tirade, asking the woman if she was praying. Rhodes then allegedly punched the door, which hit the back of Khan's chair. Khan asked Rhodes what she had done to him and Rhodes replied, "You did nothing." He then cursed at her and kicked her in the leg, Brown said.

When another person tried to calm him down, Brown said Rhodes moved away from the door and Khan ran out of the office. Rhodes followed her, got down on his knees and began to bow down in imitation of a Muslim praying, shouted obscenities and said "Trump is here now. He will get rid of all of you. You can ask Germany, Belgium and France about these kind of people. You see what happens," Brown said.

At the time of his arrest, Rhodes allegedly told police, "I guess I am going to jail for disorderly conduct. I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman because their back was to me and they had something covering their head."

Rhodes is charged with assault as a hate crime, unlawful imprisonment as a hate crime, menacing as a hate crime, harassment as a hate crime, and various other assault-related charges.

According to the District Attorney, Rhodes faces up to four years in prison. He was held on $50,000 bail.

A web page describing the history and mission of the Cryogenics Institute of New England appears to have updated its page to remove mention of the company's owner, Robin Rhodes. Mention of a partnership with Worcester Polytechnic Institute has been removed as well.

An image of the site taken on Dec. 4, 2016 by Archive.org shows text mentioning Rhodes as the present owner of NitroFreeze, which CINE is a research center for.

"The Institute was formed during the technology transfer of NitroFreeze founder, Mr. Salews, to our present owner and CEO, Robin Rhodes," the page reads

However, the current published version of the site does not include mention of Rhodes.

Furthermore, the page from Dec. 4, 2016 mentions a partnership with the Worcester Polytechnical Institute's Metal Process Institute, specifically the Center for Heat Treating Excellence consortium.

While the older page mentions a "formalized alliance" with WPI, the newer page strips this language and simply states that CINE is a member of WPI's Center for Heat Treating Excellence consortium.

Employees of the Cryogenic Institute of New England could not be reached over the phone or in their local Worcester office for comment. This story will be updated as information becomes available.

Alison Duffy, a spokesperson for WPI, said the school has never been associated with Rhodes, NitroFreeze or the Cryogenics Institute of New England.

http://www.dailysabah.com/americas/2...mployee-at-jfk
    http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/01/nitrofreeze_website_removes_me.html

Comments:

These cowardly bigots always go after the elderly or the women. Hate charges are not enough, they need to be charged with terrorism also and given a harsher punishment.

"They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse."
    (Quran 3:118)

"...Indeed, the disbelievers are ever to you a clear enemy."
    (Quran 4:101)

American Muslim woman catches Bigoted Islamophobe calling her a 'b***h' and asks for green card

The incident happened a day after President Trump instated a ‘travel ban’ on seven Muslim majority countries

A Muslim woman has filmed the moment a man in a coffee shop called her a “b****” and asked if she had a green card, after she confronted him over allegedly taking a picture of her.

Asma Elhuni, 39, an American citizen and legislative intern for State Representative Brenda Lopez in Atlanta, Georgia, filmed the man laughing at her when she asked why he had taken her picture.

The man, named as Rob in the video, is seen sitting down at the table opposite Ms Elhuni as he asks why she is “uptight”. When she responds by saying, “I’d like to know why you’re coming in here and taking a picture of me,” Rob says he wanted to take a picture of a man who looked like a DJ in the coffee shop and upload it onto Facebook, before telling her, “and then you started acting like a b****.”

Ms Elhuni asks what the man does for a living, which he responds to by saying: “Do you have a green card?”

The incident happened a day after President Donald Trump signed an executive order temporarily suspending immigration from seven majority Muslim countries, and placing a four-month suspension on America’s refugee program.

Ms Elhuni posted a video of the exchange with the man, identified as “Rob from Detroit,” on Facebook with the message: “Fight back with your cameras y’all.” She claims the man had taken his camera out and had taken a picture of her, and that when she asked if that was what he was doing, he replied “Yes”.

“So I took out my phone and started recording him,” she wrote. “Spread widely. Racists feel emboldened now.”

One witness of the incident, who was not named, told Creative Loafing: "It was hard to tell what was happening from across the room, but it was clear the guy was harassing her.

"It was impressive how quickly the woman diffused the situation, and it was reassuring to see people coming to her defence once they realised what was going on."

Ms Elhundi’s post has been shared over 18,000 times and has garnered thousands of comments of support.

One Facebook user posted a screen grab of a post from a user called Rob Koehler on Facebook, who claimed Ms Elhundi’s “radical” friends contacted him and threatened to kill him. He apologised to his friends and colleagues in the post before thanking Ms Elhundi, claiming he has learned and “will grow from this experience”.

The post shows a picture of the coffee shop, and says: “I was confronted by a Muslim activist at this coffee shop. She was concerned I was taking her picture. As you can see by this image she was not even in it. I thought it was a really neat environment and was going to share it on Facebook.

“Asma Elhundi then accosted me for simply taking a picture. Her radical friends then started contacting me and telling me they were going to kill me. I could say at this moment that I agree with Donald Trump’s stance on immigration. But the truth is I don’t, this is a land of immigrants.

“To all my friends, family, colleagues, clients and vendors, my apologies. I could’ve handled the situation better. I will get better and be better from this experience. Thank you Asma I have learned and I will grow from this experience.”

The Facebook account for Rob Koelher linked with the post appears to have been closed.

Activists on Facebook are understood to have identified the man's place of work and have left pages of one star reviews of the business on Yelp, with many calling for him to be fired.

The company the man is understood to work for, the Computer Service & Network Centre in Columbus, Georgia, has closed its Facebook and Twitter pages and redirected them to Wix’s social media pages, which also created its website.

A statement from the management at the Computer Service & Network Centre published on its website said the company had been made aware of an incident in Atlanta on 28 January.

“We in no way condone what was said nor do we support racism in any way. This will be addressed once we have all the information. HR has been made aware of the situation and our legal group will be as well,” the company said.

The statement added that while members of the public are welcome to voice their opinion, the business has “received several calls threatening the business and employees”.

“Please be aware that these calls are being turned over to the appropriate authorities,” the company stated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Comments:

This is how you head deal with these bigots. You record a video of them so everyone can see them for what they are and then everyone use social media to tell them, their family/friends, and employers about what they did.

Viracocha711: He obviously came back & took the pic after she had left when he knew he was in deep trouble! He clearly changed his story from "I thought I saw a DJ" to "I liked the coffee shop"...He is clearly just another TRUMP supporting racist bully who got caught & is only sorry because he got caught!

White Christian Terrorist charged over attack in which Muslim woman lost unborn twins

A man who kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her unborn twins in a racially motivated attack has been charged with racially aggravated assault.

David Gallacher, 37, was arrested after police released a CCTV image of him following the attack.

He is accused of assaulting the mum-to-be by kicking her in the stomach as she walked close to a mosque.

Gallacher also attacked a man who tried to intervene and stop him from continuing to assault the woman in Milton Keynes last August.

The unnamed Somalian woman, who was wearing a headscarf, had not known she was pregnant with twins until medics told her she had lost them after the assault.

Gallacher was this week charged with two counts of racially/religiously aggravated assault and for a separate incident he was charged with assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating.

A police spokesman said: ‘David Gallacher, aged 37 years, of no fixed abode was charged on Wednesday with one count of assault causing actual bodily harm, one count of assault by beating, two counts of racially/religiously aggravated assault and three counts of assaulting a constable in the execution of his/her duty.

‘The charges relate to two incidents. The first was on Saturday August 6 2016, when two victims, a 34-year-old woman and a 40-year-old man were assaulted and racially abused by a man near the Co-op on Water Eaton Road, Bletchley.

‘The second incident relates to an incident on September 14 in Larch Grove, Bletchley, when three police officers were assauled as they arrested a man.

‘Gallacher has been bailed to appear at Milton Keynes Magistrates’ Court on March 14.’

http://britishasiansuk.com/man-who-kicked-pregnant-muslim-woman-in-the-stomach-causing-her-to-lose-her-unborn-twins-charged/

Comments:

Where's the charge of terrorism and for manslaughter of 2 lives? As always, bigots protecting their own.

“Beat me like an animal:” Muslim woman says attacker ripped off her hijab, cut her with knife

MILWAUKEE -- A Muslim woman was attacked as she walked home from prayer. Milwaukee police tell FOX6 News they are investigating the crime that occurred near South 13th and Layton. The incident happened Monday morning, April 10th around 6:00 a.m. -- and the victim was just released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon. The details of the crime have some in the Islamic community saying it was a hate crime.

"I said to myself, 'I am going to die today for sure.'
    So he gets up from the car and told me to come here," said the woman who was attacked.

The woman, who does not want her identity to be shared, said a car pulled up alongside her.

"And one man came from a car," she said.

That man wanted only one thing: to remove the woman's hijab, or head scarf.

"He said to take my hijab, my scarf. I tried to fight him. 'Don't take my hijab,' you know? So he threw me on the floor then he beat me like an animal," said the victim.

The attacker was able to pull the scarf off. Blood stains remained on it Tuesday:

The woman said her attacker threw her to the sidewalk, and then stepped down on her head repeatedly. She described him taking out a knife to cut her jacket and her arm.

"Certainly we're scared for our community members. As an Islamic community, we want to make sure our community is always safe. The initial reaction is shock," said Munjed Ahmad with the Islamic Society of Milwaukee.

Those at the Islamic Center will discuss having security patrols on nearby streets. At this point, they believe this to be a hate crime.

"Nothing was stolen. There was no robbery. Her valuables remain with her. The only motive we can think of -- because everything stayed with her and this individual went straight for her scarf is a hate crime," said Ahmad.

Those from the community are glad the attacker didn't take more -- the woman's life.

The victim somehow made it home. That's where she had a seizure and was taken to the hospital. She said during the beating, the attacker was calling her names and swearing at her.

Police say they are investigating and there is no suspect in custody at this time.

http://fox6now.com/2017/04/11/beat-m...ys-south-side/

Photo of Saffiyah Khan defying EDL protester in Birmingham goes viral

by Frances Perraudin - 10 April 2017

A photograph showing a young woman smiling bemusedly at an incensed English Defence League protester has been widely shared as a symbol of Birmingham's defiance in the face of the far right.

The image, which has been shared thousands of times on social media, was captured during a demonstration by the far-right group in Birmingham city centre on Saturday. It shows an EDL protester Ian Crossland staring into the eyes of the young woman, who is looking back at him unfazed. A police officer appears to be restraining Crossland.

The woman pictured has been identified as Saffiyah Khan, who is from Birmingham. Her family has links to Bosnia and Pakistan. She said the picture was taken when she stepped in to defend a woman wearing a hijab, who had been surrounded by a group of the protesters after she called them racists.

"She was quite a small woman," Khan said. "When I realised that nothing was being done [by police] and she was being surrounded 360, that's when I came in as well."
    She described the man who confronted her as "an angry man having a bit of a rant".

Speaking to Radio New Zealand, Khan said the best responses she has had from the photograph were from people who had got in touch to tell her how the picture had personally affected them. "I've had lots of stories about [people's] daughters being affected and how they see me as a role model," she said.

The EDL demonstration attracted about 100 people and was condemned by the Labour, Liberal Democrat and Conservative leaders of Birmingham city council, who said the group was not and never would be welcome in their city.

The demonstration attracted a heavy police presence, including riot vans. West Midlands police said two people, thought to be counter-protesters, had been arrested for alleged breaches of the peace.

Tweeting the photograph, which was taken by Press Association photographer Joe Giddens, Birmingham MP Jess Phillips wrote: "Who looks like they have power here, the real Brummy on the left or the EDL who migrated for the day to our city and failed to assimilate?" Her tweet had been shared and liked nearly 18,000 times by Sunday evening.

The journalist and television host Piers Morgan hailed the picture "photo of the week" and shared it on social media with the caption: "Enraged EDL racist stared down by amused, contemptuous Asian woman."

EDL activists claimed on Twitter that scuffles broke out at the demonstration after counter-protesters shouting "Nazi scum" disrupted a silence being held at the rally for victims of terrorism. Writing on Facebook, Crossland described Khan as a "dirty unwashed leftwing scrubber".

He added: "The disrespectful witch chose the minute's silence for the victims of the terror attack in Stockholm and Westminster. She's lucky she got any teeth left."

Speaking to Vice News, Khan said video evidence contradicted the EDL's claim. "Anyone who knows me will agree that I would respect a minute's silence for the death of innocent people, regardless of who was holding it," she said. "That is a matter of my conscience, and it is a powerful tool."

Tommy Robinson, the EDL's former leader, tweeted that the picture was embarrassing. "OK, just had confirmed by a friend who was at EDL demo, this lady was defending a woman in a navy hijab as she said to the papers," he wrote. "[And] I don't care how many people don't like me saying that, the truth is the truth. [And] the picture is embarrassing."

Khan told Vice that she hoped to use her newfound status to "fight against racism on the streets of the UK". She added: "[I've] got big things planned, focusing on the bigger picture. Being viral is worthless if nothing helpful comes of it."

In an event organised to counter the EDL protest, Birmingham central mosque held a "Best of British" tea party, complete with union jack bunting, tea and cake.

Addressing the estimated 300 people who attended, the local MP Liam Byrne said the event celebrated "the quiet miracle of a normal life and the things that we love most about our city and our country".

"Getting together as friends, getting together as neighbours, breaking a bit of Victoria sponge and having a cup of tea," he added. "That is a potent, powerful message that we will send to those who seek to divide us."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ter-goes-viral

comments:

The police didn't help the hijabi Muslim woman thinking that she will get hit but not hit back, but when they see this woman step up then they were quick to intervene knowing this woman might hurt their kind.

Girl, 12, and Two Adults Tried to Rip Hijab From Muslim Woman in Vicious Attack in Eltham

By Hatty Collier - 4/12/2017

A 13-year-old girl and two adults have been
    convicted of a “vicious and brutal” attack on a Muslim mother and daughter in south-east London.

The teenage girl, who was aged 12 at the time of the assault, Paul Anderson, 37, and 38-year-old Joanna Farrer were each found guilty of two counts of religiously aggravated actual bodily harm following a two-week trial at Woolwich Crown Court.

The victims, a 42-year-old woman and her daughter, 23, were left fearing for their lives after they were attacked by the defendants in Eltham one evening in May last year, the court heard.

A jury was told how the younger victim, who wore traditional Muslim dress include a pink hijab and a long black Abaya, was thrown to the ground by Anderson as one of the other attackers tried to rip off her headscarf.

Her mother was kicked in the stomach and punched in the face by the girl,
    who cannot be named for legal reasons, the court heard.

On the evening of the attack, the younger victim had been driving along Middle Park Avenue on her way to visit a family member when the girl and a boy who was with her began to cross the road.

Despite there being no zebra or pelican crossing, she stopped the car to allow them to pass and the girl gesticulated towards her.

The victim continued on her way to meet her mother in Eltham Hill and when she stopped the car there, the girl and boy walked past again and the girl began to shout racist abuse.

Her mother told the youths that they had crossed the road in a dangerous spot and an argument began.

The girl attacked the older victim, before walking away and returning with Anderson and Farrer and launching a further assault.

A fourth woman, who has not yet been identified, also joined in the attack
    , which took place at about 8pm on May 5.

It only ended when the younger victim flagged down a passing ambulance causing the suspects to flee. The victims were left with cuts and bruises.

The suspects were caught by police with the assistance of a taxi driver who witnessed the assault.

Anderson, of Sevenoaks Road, Brockley, was jailed for three years and four months and ordered to pay £2,000 compensation to the victims after all three defendants were found guilty on Tuesday. Farrer, of William Barefoot Drive, Eltham will be sentenced on Friday, April 21, while the girl will be sentenced at Bromley Youth Court on a date to be set.

Detective Inspector Melanie Pressley, of Greenwich Community Safety Unit, said: "This was a brutal and completely unnecessary attack on two Muslim women who were racially abused and then assaulted.

"I have no doubt the attack would have continued had it not been for the passing ambulance one of the victims was able to flag down.

"The victims were left terrified by what happened and lived in fear they would be targeted again. The older victim was too afraid to leave her house for some time.”

He added: “It is shocking that the instigator of this attack was just 12 years old [at the time] and I hope having a conviction to her name at such a young age will be a wake-up call and encourage her to change her ways."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3513946.html

UK: Muslim Women 'Grabbed Round Throat and Spat at Outside Mosque

The mosque is close to an Islamic centre that Khuram Butt - one of the three attackers involved in the weekend's atrocities - is believed to have once visited

By Scott D'Arcy - 6 JUN 2017

Muslim women have been grabbed round the throat and spat at outside a mosque
    close to an Islamic Centre attended by one of the London Bridge attackers .

The women in east London are said to have been the target of physical and verbal abuse since the central London atrocity, according to their Muslim community leader.

Ash Siddique, secretary of the Al-Madina Mosque n Barking says the attacks, including one woman being grabbed around the throat at a bus stop, have been reported to police.

"I would not describe it as a backlash," he said. "We've had a number of incidents where ladies coming to the mosque have been attacked.

"One lady was at the bus stop and she was grabbed around the throat. We've reported that matter to the police.

"We've had a number of ladies who have been verbally abused and a number of ladies who have been spat on.

"We've had a couple of telephone calls, physical threats - 'we are going to attack you' and that sort of thing.

"Perhaps that's to be expected after a major event like this but it's still disconcerting for those individuals involved.

"To be honest with you, it's part for the course of being a Muslim in the UK today."

The Al-Madina Mosque is near to the Jabir Bin Zayd Islamic Centre that London Bridge attacker Khuram Shazad Butt was thought to have once attended. Mr Siddique said he did not believe Butt had visited Al-Madina Mosque itself. He said: "As far as I'm aware, no. To be honest with you, sometimes we have 1,000 people here so he could have come here but as far as we know, I've asked some of my colleagues and the people that work here and nobody seems to recognise him." Mr Siddique said he believed the community had blown the whistle on Butt. He said: "What's emerging is that on three occasions the community highlighted concerns about this individual. "He was on tape in a documentary made by Channel 4 several years ago. "So those concerns I think were in the public domain and highlighted as they should have been. "The failings were not on the part of the community - the community has done what it is supposed to do." Mr Siddique said he understood police and security services had an "enormously difficult job" and that terrorists "just need to get lucky once"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hroat-10572866

A Muslim Teen Was Kidnapped And Murdered Outside A Virginia Mosque

A man has been charged with murder after police found the body believed to be 17-year-old Nabra, who went missing after leaving a mosque with friends this weekend.

June 18, 2017

People who attend the center identified the missing teen as Nabra — her last name was not given — and said she and her friends were coming back from eating during a break from Ramadan prayers when a car pulled up and a man with a baseball bat jumped out and started swinging at the group of girls.While it was evident that the teens were Muslim, detectives have "not gotten any indication that this was motivated by hate or bias," Wright said.

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...eaten-to-Death
    Attached Images

Racist Ripped Veil off Muslim Woman's Head and Yelled 'Live By Our F***Ing Rules'

by Tom Towers - 14 Jun 2017

A racist who ripped a veil from a Muslim woman's face and told her 'Our Britain, you live by our fucking rules' will be sentenced next week.

Peter Scotter, who targeted the woman at a shopping centre in Sunderland last July, will learn his fate next Friday.

The assault was carried out in front of the victim's terrified nine-year-old son.

The 56-year-old arrived at Newcastle Crown Court this morning and confronted a photographer on his way in.

He asked 'What are you taking pictures of me for?' before telling him to '**** off'.

The defendant had approached the woman, who was waiting for her husband outside a store in Sunderland's Bridges shopping centre.

He tore off her niqab veil and the force he used almost threw her to the ground.

The court heard in February how Scotter shouted: 'Take that fucker off you stupid fucking Muslim' during the attack, along with other racist slurs.

As he walked away he was heard saying: 'Our Britain, you live by our fucking rules.'

The defendant, who suffers from mouth cancer, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault.

He also admitted a charge of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

Scotter was due to be sentenced today, but the case has been repeatedly adjourned due to his cancer diagnosis.

He has 66 previous convictions for 157 offences
    , including actual bodily harm, breaching a Football Banning Order and racially aggravated criminal damage.

The attack occurred when reports of racial abuse were on the rise following Britain's vote to leave the EU.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/racist...rules-6708932/

comments:

It's obvious from his convictions that he is a threat to society, so why isn't this dog locked up?!!!!

Man arrested after 'Muslim mum punched in face at Lozells traffic lights'

Victim was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children when she was targeted

By Jasbir Authi - 16 JUN 2017

A man has been arrested after a mother was racially abused in front of her two children.

The victim was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children and was waiting for traffic lights to change when she was approached by a man in Heathfield Road, in Lozells.

It is claimed the 31-year-old woman was then "racially abused" through the open window before the man threw water over her.

The woman was also punched her in the face
    during the incident, which happened at 2.30pm on Sunday.

Police said a man from Handsworth was arrested at 6.30pm on Thursday on suspicion of racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody helping police with enquiries.

A West Midlands spokeswoman said: "A 34-year-old man from Handsworth was arrested at 6.30pm yesterday (15 June) on suspicion of racially aggravated assault.

"He is still in custody helping police with enquiries."

Superintendent Mat Shaer, from Birmingham Police, said: "There can never be any excuse for hate crime and I would encourage anyone who is a victim of hate to report it to police on 101 or online at: www.report-it.org.uk. Clearly 999 should be used if a crime is in progress or offenders are at the scene."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...m-mum-13196307

Police probe after Muslim mother is punched in the face in 'horrific racist attack' in Birmingham

Police said she was 'racially abused' through the open window before the man threw water over her and punched her in the face during the 'horrific attack' at 2.30pm on Sunday

By Jasbir Authi - 12 JUN 2017

Police have launched an investigation after a Muslim mother had water thrown over her and was punched in the face in an racist attack in Birmingham .

The victim, who was reportedly sat in her car with her two young children, was waiting for traffic lights to change when she was approached by the man in Heathfield Road, in Lozells.

Police said the woman was then "racially abused" through the open window before the man threw water over her and punched her in the face during the "horrific attack" at 2.30pm on Sunday.

West Midlands Police said they are treating the incident as a "hate crime" and are appealing for witnesses to contact them immediately.

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said : "The incident, which has been recorded as a hate crime, took place at 2.30pm Sunday 11 June in Heathfield Road, Lozells.

"The 31-year-old year old woman had stopped at traffic lights, and had her windows open, when she was approached by a man who threw water at her. The man then racially abused her, before punching her in the face.

"The man, described as being black and wearing a hoodie,
    then walked off. Police enquiries are on-going to identify the man and anyone who saw the incident should call officers."

Councillor Waseem Zaffar (Lab, Lozells and East Handsworth) visited the victim after the incident and said she was in a "state of shock".

He said: "It's a horrific attack. It happened in front of her two young children. She is a Muslim. It was an Islamophobic attack.

"The perpetrator needs to be brought to justice. This is hopefully an isolated incident and the actions of this one individual should not be reflective of any community. People need to be vigilant and report all kinds of hate crime."

Superintendent Mat Shaer from Birmingham Police , added: "We will not tolerate any report of hate crime, these crimes are committed by a small minority of people and are not representative of wider communities.

"There can never be any excuse for hate crime and I would encourage anyone who is a victim of hate to report it to police on 101 or online at: www.report-it.org.uk. Clearly 999 should be used if a crime is in progress or offenders are at the scene."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...other-13173083